BraveAmnay

Diferrence Age

60 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

anyway i think maybe its best if we just agree to disagree on this lol :)

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Israel
Timeline

Look, let's say your daughter 18 brought a man your age home and said we are in love and getting married. Would you say okay? Or would you question it.

I'm just saying that age will raise question (in general not for visa). When you introduce your wife to coworkers, friends, and others. Don't you think that age will come up in there minds. For some it will be an issue for others it will not. Just like homosexual adopting ( which I'm for). Until I get to know you and you change my mind. i can base my opinion on you and anyone else, how I want.

I asked her she told me it was not for the gc, but my cooking abilities.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Who cares what other people think if the two of you are happy

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Agree, but I don't understand the video :)

That is just in my signature. It is from the film The Matrix. :)

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Look, let's say your daughter 18 brought a man your age home and said we are in love and getting married. Would you say okay? Or would you question it.

I'm just saying that age will raise question (in general not for visa). When you introduce your wife to coworkers, friends, and others. Don't you think that age will come up in there minds. For some it will be an issue for others it will not. Just like homosexual adopting ( which I'm for). Until I get to know you and you change my mind. i can base my opinion on you and anyone else, how I want.

I asked her she told me it was not for the gc, but my cooking abilities.

It depends entirely on the beneficiary's culture.

In some countries it's extremely common for older men to marry much younger girls. The men don't marry until they're old enough to have acquired some assets, and can afford to support a family. They marry much younger women because they want someone young and strong with many child bearing years ahead of them - remember, women reach an age when they can no longer bear children, but men never reach an age when they can no longer sire children.

On the other hand, in some countries it's considered extremely unusual for an older woman to marry a much younger man, especially if he doesn't have any children, and she's too old to give him any.

USCIS doesn't care about this, but the consular officer will apply local customs and traditions when evaluating the relationship.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Three .3yrs nothing, usually people have a 10yr gap is normal. Remember women are more mature then men. Also anything over 10yrs, I personally find shady, have a Lolita issues, or midlife crises issues.

I personally find some people care far too much about the personal relationships of others and feel the need to go out of their way to shove their offensive opinions down the throats of others.

There are plenty of relationships with more than 10 years apart who have perfectly healthy, functioning relationships. And there are plenty of relationships with LESS than ten years apart who are a complete mess and have "issues".

It's ignorant to paint all relationships with one, wide, sweeping generalization.

It may be your opinion, and you have every right in the world to state it, but don't expect people to not disagree with you or question it. There are plenty of people here who have one of those "shady" relationships (myself included, 12 year age difference though I've never even given it a second thought) who are going to feel the need to defend themselves against that kind of ignorance.

Live and let live.

Timeline

I dont care about your relationship. It does not affect me, you are free to do what you like. This is a free country. We have freedom of speach, freedom of religion, and the right to bear arms. Look maybe my 10 yrs have caused an issue and I apologies for that, and maybe the 10yr gap is taken out of concept. But if your dating someone you can father or mother, then it's a bit off.

Edited by AMP

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Actually what you said exactly is this:

Three .3yrs nothing, usually people have a 10yr gap is normal. Remember women are more mature then men. Also anything over 10yrs, I personally find shady, have a Lolita issues, or midlife crises issues.

Nobody is denying your right to say it nor is anyone telling you that you can't have it as an opinion. We are just using that same right to tell you that the opinion you stated is short sided, ignorant, and stupid.

Have a nice day.

Edited by OnMyWayID

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

I dont care about your relationship. It does not affect me, you are free to do what you like. This is a free country. We have freedom of speach, freedom of religion, and the right to bear arms. Look maybe my 10 yrs have caused an issue and I apologies for that, and maybe the 10yr gap is taken out of concept. But if your dating someone you can father or mother, then it's a bit off.

You seem to care enough about my relationship (or other relationships with a 10+ year age difference) to form a harsh opinion of them.

It's like me saying "I think anyone who uses the username AMP on a forum website has severe mental health issues."

It's a weird generalization that doesn't make any sense and just makes me look ignorant.

Do you not see how people could find it offensive when you're basically saying that anybody in one of those relationships has "Lolita issues" or a mid-life crisis?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

how about if the usa husband is older than the wife (26 age difference)

so they may deny my cr1?

the wife is from morocco

I don't know a lot about the cultural and traditional standards of Morocco, but I do know that when the situation is reversed - older US citizen woman petitioning for a much younger Moroccan man - the consulate gives them a lot of grief.

In many traditional Islamic cultures, it's common for an older man to marry a younger woman. It's less common in more modern Islamic cultures. I don't know if Morocco would be considered traditional or modern.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

I'm stoping this no point of beating a dead horse. That's how I feel and my perspective. If you feel that youre not doing anything wrong the be it so. This is a free country and if you don't like what you hear, then leave. It's no worse then what a republican will spout out.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.