brandonbeth

Ideas to keep the love alive while waiting on visa

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Any ladies or gents out there have any ideas on how a couple could keep the love alive in their rel while waiting on the process? Ideas of sweet nothings, or romantic things.

sept 2010-met online

sept 08 2011-engagement day

sept 30 2011-filed k-1

oct 03 2011-received NOA1

jan 24 2012-NOA2 approved

"If you are willing to work it out, here's how to give it every chance to survive and thrive.

Remember that it can work out, statistics show that an estimated 2.9% of US marriages were considered long distance, with 1 in 10 marriages reported to have included a period at long distance within the first 3 years."

Steps

1 Ask the important questions at the onset, to make sure you are both clear on the parameters of the relationship

2 Consider using Skype video chat calls every day, text messaging, phone calls and email every day.

3 Do things together

4 Communicate in some way every day, more than once if possible.

5 Take advantage of the benefits a long distance relationship offers

6 Pursue common interests, even if it means pursuing them apart

more

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We speak on MSN everyday. We send cards and letters snail mail. We have a day once a month on the cam where we don't talk about the visa process. We have drinks and just relax together.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

skype!

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Any ladies or gents out there have any ideas on how a couple could keep the love alive in their rel while waiting on the process? Ideas of sweet nothings, or romantic things.

You do not have to wait in some certain time to keep love alive. You HAVE to do THAT the rest of your life. Since my fiance and I have long distance relationship more than 3 years by now we always try to find novelty way to keep sparks of love. Here few small things that we always do to spice up our romantics feeling.

• Send email surprise whether is sweet lovely quotes, funny pictures, or news articles (my fiance and I are both avid readers, rofl.gif)
  • Share favorite songs (we use YouTube and screen sharing Skype to play videos), play cartoons, movies, or talking about the day you had through. I usually took his pictures or videos secretly and send to him for a surprise. He always called me," my naughty Ma'am,".
  • Send naughty short message to cellphonewhistling.gif. Tell him/her you lost in somewhere without hear her/his voice (sounds cliche, but never minddevil.gif)
  • Create cute nicknames. He always call me Ma'am to show respect. Some others like my cute cupcake, my little sunshine, my Mini Ma'am - I'm small, that's why.rofl.gif
  • Discuss about what kind house you wanted, where you would go for next vacation, how many children do you want, recalls again sweet memories when you are both together. Many subjects can bring up to.
  • Do specific things that make her/his laughing. When my fiance and I went to Singapore, he loved to tickles me. I barely could breath every time he did it, But I always get big smooches. So, when we were talking on Skype, he would say," ugh my red fingers can't hardly wait to be with the place where they are belong," and made me laughing. There are many ideas and all you need just to THINK DIFFERENT - Apple MOTTO-luv.gif

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Skype video conferencing. Use a laptop with built-in webcam and connected to a WiFi connection. Allows you to move around the place and even bring it into the bedroom!!!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Very good advice, my realationship is strong and good no drama. Maybe i should have rephrased the question to say "How to keep the waiting fun". Most of you guys understood what I meant though.

Do you think sending letters in the mail is important, or is chatting enough? Just looking for little ways to make spice, while apart.

sept 2010-met online

sept 08 2011-engagement day

sept 30 2011-filed k-1

oct 03 2011-received NOA1

jan 24 2012-NOA2 approved

Very good advice, my realationship is strong and good no drama. Maybe i should have rephrased the question to say "How to keep the waiting fun". Most of you guys understood what I meant though.

Do you think sending letters in the mail is important, or is chatting enough? Just looking for little ways to make spice, while apart.

My fiance sent me flowers when he was stationed in Puerto Rico back in 2008. Just imagine when your lovely fiancee gets the flowers and seeing your name writes on the card (well, if she likes flowers). For me that's priceless. Especially when I knew that's he tried to find the best florist to send flowers to another country like Indonesia.

Speaking about mail and chatting,as long as you have a good communication and share things together regularly, chatting would be playful and mail makes her feel like head over heels..blush.gif.

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Timeline

FLO AND DALE,

I LIKE YOUR POST,material things is only secondary things in relationship,(like flowers,cards,letters,emails skype etc)but the most important thing is that you ARE BOTH willing to pursue relationship,Both willing to work it out,and always looking forward to be together,IN Our case,we both always look forward to be together,if he feels down i cheered him up and always remind him that that was only a trials,and always tell him that there is a rainbow after the rain "that is our favorite motto,

I Always send him text,picture thrue phone,emails,skype,love letters,snail mail,cards,greetings card and always tell him that i dont have any desire just only to be with you and be your loving wife,THEN if i feel lonely he always gave me a call everyday(3 to 4 hours on the phone),spend 400 bucks per month for phone call,that is much..there are time that we BOTH gave up,but that was silly reason,we fixed it when we realize that we shouldnt give up,instead be strong,,,COMMUNICATION IS the KEY!when we have misunderstanding sometimes but we always look to fix it not tomorrow but right away.we call each other like 'HONEY"OR BABY LOVE"that will add to some sweetness...important thing is that it doesnt matter how busy you are you must save time for your partner,talk on the skype discuss things it doesnt matter what as long as u both having fun doing it...

i kept myself busy by jogging,working,and updating him whatever i do.and send him a picture of every activities i do,that way he wont feel alone.so YOU guys hang in there,this is only a waiting game and there is a saying THE LONGER YOU WAIT THE SWEET KISS YOU GET!!!

Edited by femloveron

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The most important is COMMUNICATION in a regular basis... emails, chatting (ym/msn), calls (magicjack/skype). There are lots of ways to make your relationship works out, as mentioned above by other VJ'ers...

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#0000ff"][i]
[/i][/color][/size] [size="5"]God Bless![/size]
[size="5"]BobGee[/size][/font]

[u]AOS TIMELINE:[/u]

01-30-2012: Submitted AOS application thru USPS (Chicago Lockbox)
02-06-2012: Received Text/Email, application received by USCIS
02-10-2012: Received mail/hard copy of I-131 (NOA)
02-15-2012: Received mails/hard copies of I-765 & I-485 (NOAs) / Mail for Biometrics Appt.
03-06-2012: Biometrics Appointment done
03-14-2012: Received mail for Interview Appt on 16th April 2012.
04-04-2012: EAD/AP approved
04-12-2012: EAD/AP card received ;-)
04-16-2012: Interview day - Approved! (waiting for GC)
04-23-2012: Welcome Letter touched
05-03-2012: GC on hand!

[b][color="#ff8c00"]*** Thank You LORD! ***[/color][/b][b][color="#ff8c00"]

[url="http://www.ezticker.com/"]
[img]http://www.ezticker.com/ticker/100/202/20120130/AOS/ticker.png[/img]
[/url][/color][/b]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

call everyday early morning and before sleep :) skype have an offer to call US and Canada from anywhere in the world for 2.99$/a month ,if your finance have internet then she/he be able to call you right to ur Cell phone anywhere you are from there computer

Filed: Timeline

Just want to share ours; aside from regular communication (skype,text, magicjack,phone calls, chat, etc..)we make sure that we pray together once a week, for patience, protection, and to continue to strengthen our relationship while waiting..and most of all, pray for the visa approval and waiting wont take so long.. :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

You do not have to wait in some certain time to keep love alive. You HAVE to do THAT the rest of your life. Since my fiance and I have long distance relationship more than 3 years by now we always try to find novelty way to keep sparks of love. Here few small things that we always do to spice up our romantics feeling.

• Send email surprise whether is sweet lovely quotes, funny pictures, or news articles (my fiance and I are both avid readers, rofl.gif)
  • Share favorite songs (we use YouTube and screen sharing Skype to play videos), play cartoons, movies, or talking about the day you had through. I usually took his pictures or videos secretly and send to him for a surprise. He always called me," my naughty Ma'am,".
  • Send naughty short message to cellphonewhistling.gif. Tell him/her you lost in somewhere without hear her/his voice (sounds cliche, but never minddevil.gif)
  • Create cute nicknames. He always call me Ma'am to show respect. Some others like my cute cupcake, my little sunshine, my Mini Ma'am - I'm small, that's why.rofl.gif
  • Discuss about what kind house you wanted, where you would go for next vacation, how many children do you want, recalls again sweet memories when you are both together. Many subjects can bring up to.
  • Do specific things that make her/his laughing. When my fiance and I went to Singapore, he loved to tickles me. I barely could breath every time he did it, But I always get big smooches. So, when we were talking on Skype, he would say," ugh my red fingers can't hardly wait to be with the place where they are belong," and made me laughing. There are many ideas and all you need just to THINK DIFFERENT - Apple MOTTO-luv.gif

Send naughty short text messages :yes: hmmmm sounds good.. what about the long one? :P

Send naughty short text messages :yes: hmmmm sounds good.. what about the long one? :P

That is best ever...rofl.gif

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.