naijaboy

Depressed and sick! Fiance Visa denied/ request more info... this is too much on us!!!!

66 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

F1 or K1 Visa?

So you have gone through this process once at this Consulate with an ex wife?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey Naijaboy,

Be happy & dont be depressed because she is lucky to have another chance. This same case happened to someone I heard of. She got to the embassy another time and the same consular officer that interviewed her said why she brought new evidences ..... ? Imagine that ! :blush: And the consular later said the evidences she brought the first day was enough to get visa... At last, he gave her the visa.

So, prepare all the requested evidences and try again... YOU ARE NOT YET DENIED.

Best of luck

B-) B-)

F1 or K1 Visa?

K1 i put F1 on my profile on accident.. still trying to figure out how to change it :blush:

Nov 9th 2010 Petition received at California Service Center

May 4th 2011 Received petition Approval letter

May 12th 2011 Received Letter from NVC stating info has been forwarded to Lagos consulate office

July 14th 2011 Received Fiancé Visa packet and interview date (via email)

Sept 20th 2011 Interview day! Visa not approved.. Requesting more proof :-(

Sept 28th 2011 Second interview scheduled for early December :-)

Dec 5th 2011 Interview rescheduled consulate office caught fire :-(

Dec 6th 2011 Visa APPROVED!!!! :-D

Timeline

F1 or K1 Visa?

fixed it! yes i did back in 2005 but had help from a friend that handled most of it for me.. This time im doing it with no assistance

May 12th 2011 Received Letter from NVC stating info has been forwarded to Lagos consulate office

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I believe is not a denial it just a request for more evidence there is a huge chance you guys will be approved ,I wish you guys a very good luck and 7weeks will pass as quick as light so just be positive about it

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Never ever give up. My fiancée’s first K-1 application was denied and returned to the USCIS on Sept 2010. I started all over again on March 2011 and this time she is approved. Actually you are not denied, even if you are denied, I can tell you there are a lot of other options and ways you can get her next to you. The embassy officer should never decide on your life. Fight until you get what you want. It took me 16 months to get the visa. I advise you to get up, organize yourself and respond to the embassy’s request.

Good Luck

K-1 Time Line

Service Center:_California Service Center

Consulate: _Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent: _2011-03-20

I-129F NOA1:_ 2011-03-30

I-129F NOA2:_2011-06-18

NVC Received: _2011-07-19

NVC Left:_2011-07-20

Consulate Received:_2011-07-25

Packet 3 Received: _2011-07-28

Packet 3 Sent: _2011-07-29

Packet 4 Received:_ 2011-08-09

Interview Date: _ 2011-08-24

Interview Result:_ Approved(After 3 weeks AP)

Visa Received:_2011-09-21

US Entry:_@ JFK 2011-11-16

Marriage: _2011-12-20

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed: _2012-02-07

NOA Date: _2012-02-13

Bio. Appt. Notice recieved_2012-02-17

Bio. Appt.:2012-03-12@ 8:00 AM in Columbus OH

Bio Done:2012-03-05 WALK IN- Columbus OH

State ID: 2012-03-05

DL Permit: 2012-03-08

AOS Transfer: 2012-03-14

AOS Touched @ USCIS: 2012-03-21

EAD/AP Approved & Card Producton: 2012-04-03

EAD/AP on Hand:2012-04-11

AOS_RFE: 2012-09-28

RFE Sent: 2012-11-09

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I feel for you. Blessing on hold but not delayed.

Case #1: CR1 & CR2-Hubby & Kids
6/6/11...Priority Date
7/2011...NOA2 ~44 days
8/5/2011...NVC & IIN # Received
9/12/11... CR1 & Cr2 cases completed. ~37 days
11/4/11... CR1 & CR2 Interview APPROVED!!!
11/2011... POE
Praise Jesus!smile.png
----------------------------------
Case #2 - F1-Sister
USCIS

10/2006....I-130 sent.

NVC
9/2011.....NVC Case # received.
1/2012....AOS Bill Paid & I864 sent.
2/2012....IV Bill Paid & DS 230 sent
2/2012....**Case on Child Status Protection Act Review**

3/2012...Case complete waiting for interview date.

KNG Embassy

11/2013...Interview date :)

Thanks i will!

Hello Naijaboy,

Welcome to VJ. I wish you had asked questions before the interview...anyways your case has only been delayed. So many valid points have been raised already. Why did you send back the required documentation so early without waiting to be rescheduled for the 2nd interview? If its going to take 7weeks like you suggested then you will have to give her your rebtel account info so she can print out the call records for those 7weeks plus. Unless you plan to fedex another package when the time comes. Also get letters of support from family members since the OC was not too comfortable with the pics presented which basically had no family members or friends. With Lagos more is better.

Best of Luck

....All your Negative Energy Feeds Cancer!

event.png

You may be down at the moment but you are not out.

If they want further evidence above that which already seems overwelming, then just give it to them. It's their ball so let them dictate the game we play, however frustrating.

One thing you wrote which must resonate with us all, "Its like someone has our lives in their hands" This is something which sits uncomfortable with me about the whole procedure. I just tell myself that their task is to root out sham applicants, those who petition for financial gain only. Them being nasty and rude to your partner achieves nothing however.

You have not been denied! the speed with which you collected and responded to their querie convinces me that you will succeed.

Jun 3 2011 - Posted I-129f

Jun 6 2011 - NOA1

Jun 14 2011 - Touched

Nov 22 2011 - RFE (a box on form i-129f hadn't been ticked!)

Nov 29 2011 - NOA2 (i-129f approved)

Dec 22 2011 - Received Packet 3 Letter

Jan 10 2011 - Medical

Jan 16 2012 - Packet 3 sent

Feb 7 2012 - Packet 4 received

Feb 17 2012 - Interview. Approved.

Feb 28 2012 - Received k1 Visa and passport

Feb 29 2012 - POE Minneapolis then that cold beer.

Mar 17 2012 - Married.

Apr 3 2012 - AOS EAD AP Posted.

Apr 9 2012. - Received email and text

May 24 2012 - Biometrics appointment

Jun 6 2012 - EAD and AP card production notice

Jun 12 2012 - EAD and AP card given to USPS for delivery

Jun 12 2012 - text/email notification of interview July 13

Jul 13 2012 - Interview! Approved.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

As I read your description of what you planed and provided I am thinking,, that is just what I have submited.

Is Nigeria that hard to please?

Our interview should be in 3 weeks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Good news...you weren't denied, they just request more information

bad news...the visa is the easy part

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Consulates are divided basically into 3 categories

Easy

Difficult

Very Difficult

and then there is Nigeria.

And he is on his second go with Lagos, so you could pretty much guarantee even more scrutiny.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Hello Naijaboy,

Welcome to VJ. I wish you had asked questions before the interview...anyways your case has only been delayed. So many valid points have been raised already. Why did you send back the required documentation so early without waiting to be rescheduled for the 2nd interview? If its going to take 7weeks like you suggested then you will have to give her your rebtel account info so she can print out the call records for those 7weeks plus. Unless you plan to fedex another package when the time comes. Also get letters of support from family members since the OC was not too comfortable with the pics presented which basically had no family members or friends. With Lagos more is better.

Best of Luck

Thanks for the reply! what do u mean by letters of support? i guess i sent everything right away out of anxiety, sadness and disappointment

You may be down at the moment but you are not out.

If they want further evidence above that which already seems overwelming, then just give it to them. It's their ball so let them dictate the game we play, however frustrating.

One thing you wrote which must resonate with us all, "Its like someone has our lives in their hands" This is something which sits uncomfortable with me about the whole procedure. I just tell myself that their task is to root out sham applicants, those who petition for financial gain only. Them being nasty and rude to your partner achieves nothing however.

You have not been denied! the speed with which you collected and responded to their querie convinces me that you will succeed.

Thanks for this! and thanks to everyone in this thread! u guys have made me feel better about the situation! wow! :D:)

Good news...you weren't denied, they just request more information

bad news...the visa is the easy part

:huh: uh oh!

As I read your description of what you planed and provided I am thinking,, that is just what I have submited.

I hear Nigeria is the hardest place to get a visa due to the high fraud rate

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi guys,

This journey of mine has been long! I expected it to come to an end on Sept 20 but it didnt.. i feel empty and im tired!!!!!!

I filed for a fiance visa last Nov. 2010 She lives in Lagos and she had a rough time getting her approval packet in the mail.. Finally i emailed the consulate office and they emailed the package along with a interview date of Sept 20th 2011... we thought we were soooo prepared.. I had everything ready from pics, to emails, chat logs, money gram receipts of over $5,000 worth of transactions of cash i sent her over the past year and cards.. I also had the affidavit of support with tax info, work info and a bank statement.. I had my itinerary from October of 2010 and July 2011 from the times i came to visit her.. copies of my passport stamped as proof of the visit. i filed a fiance visa for my ex wife through the Abuja office in 2005 and i sent her a copy of the divorce papers just in case that would be a issue. we google on info on the interview process and read through this forum several times! Well Sept 20th came and she called me after the interview and stated she did not get the visa.. she stated that the interviewer was very nasty to her.. he asked her why aren't we getting married in Nigeria? why wait to get married in America? she answered that my family is in America and we wanted to have the wedding in America. He also asked her why haven't we done a introduction ceremony? He looked at the pics and asked why weren't other people in the pics? we didn't realize that they wanted to see other people in the pics.. At the end of the day he told her that she didn't have enough proof.. He asked her for more pics, pics that told a story, pics with us and other people in it.. he also asked for telephone records.. we use a online calling card service called rebtel that gives me an American number to dial that connects me to Nigeria.. that is the only record on the phone bill.. I hope that is enough.. I printed out rebtel call log and my ATT bill.. It shows i call her like 5 times a day.. He told her to send a email requesting for another interview that.. He said it may take over 7 weeks to schedule another date.. im so tired and sad... Its like someone has our lives in their hands.. This is the hardest thing ever... I wouldn't advise anyone to go through such a thing.. Love is something! The things we do for love!! I feel helpless

You have gone this far. Don't give up now.

Timeline

my fiance was denied today too at the nairobi, consulate im so freaked out and cant believe people can really be this mean

Sorry to hear that... What was the reason given?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.