lbluemoonl

Citizenship denied for lack of good moral character

123 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

can anyone pls kindly forward the link regarding this German lady?

Thank you so much

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/veteran-says-u-betrayed-him-forcing-german-wife-171310850.html

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Mod warning: the OP came here for information and help. They may have made a mistake in their past, but that does not mean we should not give them information on how to make things right now, Please refrain from personal attacks. If you have nothing constructive to say, say nothing at all. *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

I don't think anyone here is trying to shoot personal attacks. People are helping in different ways. To be honest, I like JustBob. His replies always go straight to the point and they are true. USCIS officers probably think the same JustBob does. That's the reality.

And the OP threw her problem out there and invited ppl to come and discuss. You can't insist to hear only what you WANT to hear. So I think you should be thankful for any comments. At least you weren't ignored, ppl concerned and spent their time for you.

Edited by Kiwi123

05/2006: F1 Visa

12/2008: Graduation

12/2008: Married

03/2009: Found a job

03/2009: AOS

07/2009: AOS approved

04/2011: ROC

08/2011: ROC approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

You are right. The more I think about it the more I agree with most of you to wait. I think I just paniced when I saw the denial notice. Never thought that would happen because in my heart I knew I told the truth but now I know that I misunderstood the whole question and it backfired me. However, I will talk to my attorny for the final advice and will decide based on his advice.

Seems you have a pattern of misunderstanding, first the return policy and then the instructions on the citizenship application.

Don't misunderstand you dodged a bullet when you didn't get charged with misrep on the citizenship application and the advice here to let a sleeping dog lie.

An attorney has 2 motives, one to keep his BMW running and two the best interest of his client. If his BMW is due for a tune-up his advice might reflect that. He doesn't get the big paycheck if you don't file the appeal, so take any advice in that direction with a grain of salt.

If you misunderstand and file an appeal, be prepared for an expensive dose of the same kind of harsh reality you got here on the forum today.

Good luck.

Filed: Timeline

Seems you have a pattern of misunderstanding, first the return policy and then the instructions on the citizenship application.

Don't misunderstand you dodged a bullet when you didn't get charged with misrep on the citizenship application and the advice here to let a sleeping dog lie.

An attorney has 2 motives, one to keep his BMW running and two the best interest of his client. If his BMW is due for a tune-up his advice might reflect that. He doesn't get the big paycheck if you don't file the appeal, so take any advice in that direction with a grain of salt.

If you misunderstand and file an appeal, be prepared for an expensive dose of the same kind of harsh reality you got here on the forum today.

Good luck.

First off, I couldn't agree more with one of the member's comment here that some people here are too immature and unprofessional. I appreciate honest and even harsh comments ONLY in respectful manners. Personal attacks and ignorant judgement are NOT considered as an advice.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

No body is perfect, anyone can make a big mistake sometimes not intentionally..

all of you have your own point i guess, but i understand her in her situation,that she share her problem in this site to get some advice not to be judged I guesssmile.gif

Just do what ever you think is best for your case.

Well, hope everything will be ok.

Good luck.

pantherblue

Good luck.

First off, I couldn't agree more with one of the member's comment here that some people here are too immature and unprofessional. I appreciate honest and even harsh comments ONLY in respectful manners. Personal attacks and ignorant judgement are NOT considered as an advice. That only makes you look like a fool! No matter how educated you might be. So my advice to those is don't waste your time here, posting your ignorant comments on this thread if you have no knowledge of giving an advice/help/etc in a professional and respectful manner. Because I won't waste my time to read your IGNORANT COMMENT anyway.

Edited by lbluemoonl

I think I will wait 3yrs to apply again. My green card wont be expired till 2018 so I dont have anything to lose. Once you learn from your mistake, you won't do it again and you try to make it right. That's what I'm doing with my life and trying live my life to the fullest. Thanks to those who shared their opinion with me.

I would suggest staying put for 3 years. If you insist on speaking to a lawyer, you might want to go to one of the free consultation ones and try to see what the lawyer says. Disclose every single thing that has happened. Its better to write it on a paper before you go to a lawyer. Ask him/her your options? Keep in mind the fact that lawyer wants money too. Evaluate his advice. An honest lawyer (seemingly impossible to find) will give you a true picture about chances, risks and costs involved. Based on that, make a decision. Some people here think like an IO.. some people think like an applicant so you will get a lot of different views and ultimately either be furious or frustrated. To emphasize again, make sure you write the whole thing on a piece of paper and take it with you when you meet the lawyer.

Hope that helps!! Best of luck!

Our Timeline

06/23/2006 Happiest day of my life, got married to my lovely Wife!

AOS

11/27/06 I-485 / I-765 Sent (Overnight)

11/28/06 I-485 / I-765 Received

12/01/06 Notice Date for both

12/02/06, 12/04/06, 12/05/06, 12/06/06, 12/10/06, 12/11/06 Touched !!!

12/19/06 Interview letter Issued!

12/26/06 Interview Notice Received!

02/13/07 Interview

08/25/08 Filed Writ of Mandamus (Law Suit) against USCIS, DOS, FBI

09/16/08 Application Approved (IR6)

09/22/08 Card Production Ordered

09/23/08 Welcome Notice Received

09/29/08 10 YR. GC Received!

N-400

07/18/11 N-400 Sent (Overnight) UPS

07/19/11 N-400 Received

08/23/11 Case status changed - FP letter sent

08/26/11 Fingerprint notice received in mail

08/26/11 Early Fingerprints completed

09/13/11 Original Fingerprints scheduled date

08/30/11 Case status updated: In-Line to be scheduled for an interview

09/12/11 Case status updated: Interview is now scheduled

09/15/11 Interview letter received!

10/19/11 Interview at Santa Ana, CA - I-130 is not approved in file

10/19/11 RFE issued

10/27/11 RFE response received and is being reviewed - even though I didn't get any RFE or responded to one!

11/11/11 Notification for Placed in que for oath ceremony

11/15/11 Notification for Oath being scheduled

11/18/11 N-445 Oath letter received

12/15/11 Oath Ceremony - Its all over! I AM FINALLY A US CITIZEN!

Even if you apply after 3 years, I would advice to go with a lawyer at your interview. It really helps. I filed a lawsuit against USCIS alone but had a lawyer present when i went to them, that really helped.

Our Timeline

06/23/2006 Happiest day of my life, got married to my lovely Wife!

AOS

11/27/06 I-485 / I-765 Sent (Overnight)

11/28/06 I-485 / I-765 Received

12/01/06 Notice Date for both

12/02/06, 12/04/06, 12/05/06, 12/06/06, 12/10/06, 12/11/06 Touched !!!

12/19/06 Interview letter Issued!

12/26/06 Interview Notice Received!

02/13/07 Interview

08/25/08 Filed Writ of Mandamus (Law Suit) against USCIS, DOS, FBI

09/16/08 Application Approved (IR6)

09/22/08 Card Production Ordered

09/23/08 Welcome Notice Received

09/29/08 10 YR. GC Received!

N-400

07/18/11 N-400 Sent (Overnight) UPS

07/19/11 N-400 Received

08/23/11 Case status changed - FP letter sent

08/26/11 Fingerprint notice received in mail

08/26/11 Early Fingerprints completed

09/13/11 Original Fingerprints scheduled date

08/30/11 Case status updated: In-Line to be scheduled for an interview

09/12/11 Case status updated: Interview is now scheduled

09/15/11 Interview letter received!

10/19/11 Interview at Santa Ana, CA - I-130 is not approved in file

10/19/11 RFE issued

10/27/11 RFE response received and is being reviewed - even though I didn't get any RFE or responded to one!

11/11/11 Notification for Placed in que for oath ceremony

11/15/11 Notification for Oath being scheduled

11/18/11 N-445 Oath letter received

12/15/11 Oath Ceremony - Its all over! I AM FINALLY A US CITIZEN!

Timeline

Thank you. I was just being honest about telling you all about my situation and just asked for advice. I already admitted that, that was a mistake and I shouldn't be that stupid to do such a thing. But what's done is done. You learn from your mistakes and move on with your life. Some of these users have good points and some comments are just as ignorant as can be and I simply ignore them.

I agree, you were right! at least you admit that you made a stupid thing and you learn from your mistake.

even though they have some point of view which is right, but instead of giving you a good advice they judged and insult you for your mistake. But you cant help it, some people may understand you some may not.smile.gif

pantherblue

Even if you apply after 3 years, I would advice to go with a lawyer at your interview. It really helps. I filed a lawsuit against USCIS alone but had a lawyer present when i went to them, that really helped.

I still have my free consultation with an attorny tomorrow so I guess I'll go and talk to him about the issue just to get some legal opinion. Like you said, I have already listed all my questions and I'm sure it will help me alot..I will definitely hire an attorny next time to represent me and help me through the citizenship process. Thanks for your advice.

First off, I couldn't agree more with one of the member's comment here that some people here are too immature and unprofessional. I appreciate honest and even harsh comments ONLY in respectful manners. Personal attacks and ignorant judgement are NOT considered as an advice.

That is because nobody here should be representing themselves as a professional. If you want professional advice, hire a professional. But first, get the professional to agree that if he doesn't win the appeal on the first shot, he waives his fee, and second, make sure you get a fee estimate in case you do win.

No body is perfect, anyone can make a big mistake sometimes not intentionally..

all of you have your own point i guess, but i understand her in her situation,that she share her problem in this site to get some advice not to be judged I guesssmile.gif

Just do what ever you think is best for your case.

Well, hope everything will be ok.

Good luck.

Some people just don't understand how ignorant their words are and unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it. A wise man said, It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. He is very right. Just ignor them.

Thanks for you comment :)

Timeline

Some people just don't understand how ignorant their words are and unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it. A wise man said, It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. He is very right. Just ignor them.

Thanks for you comment :)

Sure, smile.gif

that's right... just be patient and best of luck..

pantherblue

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.