Ellewhitten

Help me!!k1 interview the case been suspended!

58 posts in this topic

I've never heard of a suspension of a case, it's either approved or denied..suspension suggests that you can't even appeal, is that the case or can you appeal?

Look, consular officer can ask for more proof of relationship if she/he deems what they submitted is not enough and doesn't show a true relationship - that's why they got asked for more proof and not denied. It's on the applicant and beneficiary to provide the information and convince the visa officer they have a bonafide relationship.

I see a lot of things thrown out by the OP blaming the co but all I get is she had an attitude with visa officer and the person dug more into the file. Where was the petitioner, why wasn't he there with OP? OP has been a member for close to a year, she never thought to drop by Chinese regional forum and ask hey, what do we need for interview, China consulates are not easy on K-1 visa applicants?

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I guess I don't understand why it was suspended and they didn't simply request more info, I mean she wrote on her application that it was suspected that it was for the sole purpose of immigration. I'm really surprised this happened if she sent in evidence already.

event.png

Adjustment of Status

AOS packet sent - 08/24/2011
AOS packet received - 08/31/2011
Checks cashed - 09/01/2011
NOA received - 09/6/2011
Biometrics appointment - 09/19/2011 - Done
RFE received - tax returns 2010 and original birth certificate - 9/19/2011
RFE sent 09/28/2011
EAD Card Production 10/20/2011
EAD Received 10/29/2011
Interview letter received 11/1/2011 Interview on 12/5/2011
Applied for SSN - will receive in 2 weeks
SSN Received
Interview - APPROVED!!! (Thank Allah)
Green card in hand 12/12/2011

Lifting Conditions

I-751 sent - 09/05/13

I-751 received - 09/06/13

Check cashed - 09/11/13

NOA received - 09/12/13

Biometrics Notice received - 09/19/13

Biometrics Done - 10/07/13

Case transferred to CSC - 10/08/13

Card Production Notice - 1/22/14

Card in Hand - 1/29/14 (Thank Allah)

Naturalization

N-400 sent - 12/29/14

Received - 12/31/14

Check Cashed - 1/7/15

NOA Received- 1/12/15

Biometrics - 1/29/15

Interview Done - Passed!

Citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Look, consular officer can ask for more proof of relationship if she/he deems what they submitted is not enough and doesn't show a true relationship - that's why they got asked for more proof and not denied. It's on the applicant and beneficiary to provide the information and convince the visa officer they have a bonafide relationship.

I see a lot of things thrown out by the OP blaming the co but all I get is she had an attitude with visa officer and the person dug more into the file. Where was the petitioner, why wasn't he there with OP? OP has been a member for close to a year, she never thought to drop by Chinese regional forum and ask hey, what do we need for interview, China consulates are not easy on K-1 visa applicants?

we dont have too much money to make hin come to france for my interview

and we been sent more proof since i finish interview

my baby been call them like 1o times everyday

but no one even call us back

already 4 days

OSu1p8.png

HcC8p8.png jxwXp8.png

Timeline

I guess I don't understand why it was suspended and they didn't simply request more info, I mean she wrote on her application that it was suspected that it was for the sole purpose of immigration. I'm really surprised this happened if she sent in evidence already.

its happened

even right now i still dont wanna believe it

but its happened

it make us cry everyday

OSu1p8.png

HcC8p8.png jxwXp8.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

This kind of thing makes me want to go back to school and work in immigration for a job. (after all of this, we should know enough :) )

I wish you luck. I'm so sorry this happened to you two.

It will be ok, even if it doesn't seem like it now.

You can get through this. :thumbs: Don't cry, dear.

Keep us posted.

ฉันรักคุณ
K-1
Filed May 2011
116 days to NOA2
4 days for the NVC
74 days to the interview
Interview date: 12/14/11 APPROVED!
POE: 12/16/11
Total days from NOA1 to K-1 Visa in hand: 202
Wedding Date: 12/27/11

AOS
Sent AOS: 4/21/12
NOA1: 4/30/12
RFE: 5/14/12
Biometrics App.: 5/21/12
Sent RFE Response: 5/31/12
Interview: 7/24/12
Approval: 10/12/12

Currently.... they have issued Ice the incorrect GC and we have tried 4 times to fix it. First time they had us send it to the incorrect address. Second time they said we used an expired form, which was the form they gave us. Third time was "oh sorry we lost the last page, can you send it again?." Fourth time is the gov is shut down. Will this ever be corrected in time for Ice to get the permanent GC? Stay tuned to find out. T_T

OP has been a member for close to a year, she never thought to drop by Chinese regional forum and ask hey, what do we need for interview, China consulates are not easy on K-1 visa applicants?

Think the OP interviewed in France, not China.

To the OP: Sorry to hear about what happened to you. Unfortunately I have no advice for you other than what's already been offered here, but I hope you manage to get things sorted out soon.

USCIS: CR-1 Visa @ Vermont Service Center (Approved in 140 days from NOA1)

03/07/11: I-130 package sent to Chicago Lockbox

03/14/11: NOA1 via text and email (03/21/11: in the mail); petition routed to VSC

07/27/11: NOA2 via text and email (07/30/11: received in the mail)

08/01/11: Case received at NVC

09/19/11: Case complete and forwarded to consulate

10/19/11: Interview (APPROVED!!!)

11/18/11: POE

12/12/11: 2- year Green Card arrives in the mail

12/22/11: Applied for SSN at local office

12/26/11: SSN arrives in the mail

08/20/13: ROC window opens

10/03/13: I-751 package sent to Vermont Service Center

10/05/13: I-751 Delivered (Signed for by Karen Fitzgerald)

10/09/13: Check cleared bank account

10/11/13: NOA1 received (dated 10/07/13)

10/19/13: Biometrics appointment notice received (dated 10/16/13)

11/12/13: Biometrics appointment in Buffalo, NY

11/15/13: Case transferred to CSC

03/04/14: USCIS case status update: Card/Document Production (i.e. APPROVED!!!)

03/07/14: USCIS case status update: Green Card in the postal system; tracking number

03/08/14: Approval notice arrives in the mail (dated 03/04/2014; USCIS Office: Buffalo, NY)

03/10/14: 10-year Green Card arrives in the mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Im reading all this and realizing maybe she doesnt just mean suspended maybe its in AP until the new evidence is reviewed etc. Because GOD knows... AP IS SUSPENSION... in a way anyhow...

She is giving you an option to get new evidence of your relationship to them... they DID NOT DENY YOU!!!!! IF they were going to deny you they would have simply said denied on the spot... case closed. Your case is still open and waiting for you to proceed with the new evidence. When they receive this it may take a few days to weeks to review so yes your case will be hanging until they decide at that time.. This is actually good news... as you did not get denied... if your love is strong and this is the man you want to be with the rest of your life then I suggest getting back up off the floor and dusting yourself off and knowing you have a valid relationship whether or not the CO sees it or is having a bad day.

Immigration is a tough road and some of us know it better than others. My husband is from pakistan so we know the first hand treatment of all beneficiaries from certain countries are considered fraud... but our job is to prove them wrong... to show them to make them understand in that short hour long moment we have to prove what we have in our hearts for our loved ones. IT's not fair but it's understandable... we had a lot of proof emails, chats, letters cards phone records gift receipts pictures of us together and together with sooooo many other ppl at different functins and our wedding and reception but you know.. they looked at about 10 pictures... they didnt read about us wanting to start a family, they didn't read about how we wanted to put money aside so we can buy him a car, they didnt read about our small disgreements that all married couples have or the ones about how we long to be together and don't care if its here or there just anywhere we can be together... in that small moment of time we have a lot to prove. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it needs more proof.

Think of this as on hold until they can review your new documents. STay strong, stay focused on what you and your fiance want, stay faithful this will work out and you will be able to overcome this. Wishing you best of luck!!!!

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

Im reading all this and realizing maybe she doesnt just mean suspended maybe its in AP until the new evidence is reviewed etc. Because GOD knows... AP IS SUSPENSION... in a way anyhow...

She is giving you an option to get new evidence of your relationship to them... they DID NOT DENY YOU!!!!! IF they were going to deny you they would have simply said denied on the spot... case closed. Your case is still open and waiting for you to proceed with the new evidence. When they receive this it may take a few days to weeks to review so yes your case will be hanging until they decide at that time.. This is actually good news... as you did not get denied... if your love is strong and this is the man you want to be with the rest of your life then I suggest getting back up off the floor and dusting yourself off and knowing you have a valid relationship whether or not the CO sees it or is having a bad day.

Immigration is a tough road and some of us know it better than others. My husband is from pakistan so we know the first hand treatment of all beneficiaries from certain countries are considered fraud... but our job is to prove them wrong... to show them to make them understand in that short hour long moment we have to prove what we have in our hearts for our loved ones. IT's not fair but it's understandable... we had a lot of proof emails, chats, letters cards phone records gift receipts pictures of us together and together with sooooo many other ppl at different functins and our wedding and reception but you know.. they looked at about 10 pictures... they didnt read about us wanting to start a family, they didn't read about how we wanted to put money aside so we can buy him a car, they didnt read about our small disgreements that all married couples have or the ones about how we long to be together and don't care if its here or there just anywhere we can be together... in that small moment of time we have a lot to prove. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it needs more proof.

Think of this as on hold until they can review your new documents. STay strong, stay focused on what you and your fiance want, stay faithful this will work out and you will be able to overcome this. Wishing you best of luck!!!!

thank you

thank all you to stay here and help us

i will be strong, always,not gonna give up

but one question

we've been call embassy for 4 days, no answer at all

do you guys think is becoz of 911???????

OSu1p8.png

HcC8p8.png jxwXp8.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Aiyo.

this is some 'language problem', I think so.

Relax a bit, read what follows.

The visa processing on your casefile was suspended,

solely

because the IV Unit at the US Embassy in France,

has

asked for more information.

If you were in China, this would be labelled a 'blue slip' - the ultimate RFE, or Request for Information.

It's not finished, not at all. You've not been denied. Tis a totally different thing, this concept of 'visa processing suspension'.

Relax, you.

You and yer fella provide the IV unit with exactly what they are asking for,

then

(alas)

ya wait a bit. figure 2 to 6 weeks more, for waiting, AFTER you've submitted the additional evidence that was asked of you .

Hang in there - patience is a virtue - and you must be virtuous !

Warmest Regards...

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Aiyo.

this is some 'language problem', I think so.

Relax a bit, read what follows.

The visa processing on your casefile was suspended,

solely

because the IV Unit at the US Embassy in France,

has

asked for more information.

If you were in China, this would be labelled a 'blue slip' - the ultimate RFE, or Request for Information.

It's not finished, not at all. You've not been denied. Tis a totally different thing, this concept of 'visa processing suspension'.

Relax, you.

You and yer fella provide the IV unit with exactly what they are asking for,

then

(alas)

ya wait a bit. figure 2 to 6 weeks more, for waiting, AFTER you've submitted the additional evidence that was asked of you .

Hang in there - patience is a virtue - and you must be virtuous !

Warmest Regards...

no, there is no language problem

the one interview me is an american lady ,not french

she understand each word i said

english is just like my chinese,

i can speak it since i was 4

so our case wont be send back to USCIS right?

today i call

finally got someone work in embassy talk to me even not in charge of k1

he told me only the lady interview me can decide my visa is approved or deny

she just said any paper can proof ou relationship is fine

any paper

im almost crashed

OSu1p8.png

HcC8p8.png jxwXp8.png

Timeline

no, there is no language problem

the one interview me is an american lady ,not french

she understand each word i said

english is just like my chinese,

i can speak it since i was 4

so our case wont be send back to USCIS right?

today i call

finally got someone work in embassy talk to me even not in charge of k1

he told me only the lady interview me can decide my visa is approved or deny

she just said any paper can proof ou relationship is fine

any paper

im almost crashed

a little good news again

before when we call DOS to check our case status

it said in our paper: need more proof

and today after i talk a guy who work at embassy even he is not work on k1 visa

but after we call DOS again today

it said in our paper: pending

so they got everything we send

now they r reviewing

just want the result from that lady who interview me

god, hope she will see i go usa is for my baby and family not immigration thru all the paper we've been sent

thank you guys to be with me during this hard time

and thanks god for bless us like always

even just a little good news

OSu1p8.png

HcC8p8.png jxwXp8.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Oh dear, could it possibly have been an immigration officer having a bad day?? You must have submitted proof that you two are in a relationship because it's required to be sent in with the application. I am here on my tourist visa and it was my 3rd visit here before my boyfriend proposed. We sent in all the required paperwork and things seem to be running smoothly up till now. It seemed you answered the questions but what did you take with you exactly?

sorry to hear but you have to be fully prepared for your interview. Take along enough evidence of the relationship. I do not think it is hard to prove your relationship once it is real.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

yes, is language problem ... Consulate to Consulate .

In China, this is called a blue slip. France is calling it a suspension? OK !

Relax you - do exactly what the slip says, give exactly what is listed on the slip, in the manner that they have told you to submit this info.

In your case, specifically, it's a good thing that visa processing was 'suspended', else you'd be flat out denied.

At some point, after all materials have been submitted on your case, processing will resume, you may or may not be asked to come back to the IV unit.

Pay attention to any written correspondence that you receive, from this point forward, either postal mail, SMS, email.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.