Danielb4643

Please PLEASE Help take my Stress AWAY!!

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

OK so I am quite worried,

Reading countless reviews of the interview process I see 'Fiancees Affidavit of Support' written left right and centre....

Despite having all the documents needed WE HAVE NOTHING SHOWING EITHER MY OWN OR MY FIANCEES Assests or Bank Balances, Jobs etc etc . .

I am leaving my job and Sami is a student who earns a small amount (very small) we neither of us have completed this form . . HOWEVER, her Father has very kindly filled out the I-134 form that states he will 'cover' me for 1 year.

Does this mean we are good to go, he has attached bank balances, letters from his place of work etc etc and his savings (he can cover me for years if need be (it wont be!))

I hope someone can help me as I am quite worried they need to see something from us.

Please help!

Danny n Sami

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Regardless of income the US citizen spouse fiancee(e) completes the affidavit of support and supplies the required documentation. A joint sponsor also completes the I-134 and supplies the needed documentation.

This link from the London embassy may be helpful to you >>> http://london.usemba...faffidavit.html

Edited by Anh map

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

you should be stressing, your missing I-134 for the petitioner it is required regardless of no income. You also need to provide proof of why you didn't have to file taxes if you don't file them.

Also if you haven't already looked up the AOS process, that also has another affidavit of support and that one you also need to meet the poverty guidelines or have a joint sponsor so, her father will have to do it again for the AOS process which makes him responsible for quite a long time not just 1 year.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Regardless of income the US citizen spouse fiancee(e) completes the affidavit of support and supplies the required documentation. A joint sponsor also completes the I-134 and supplies the needed documentation.

This link from the London embassy may be helpful to you >>> http://london.usemba...faffidavit.html

Thank you for responding, from that link it states the following:

K-1 and K-3 and their derivatives are not required to file an affidavit of support, form I-864 at the time he or she applies for the visa. However, the Immigration and Nationality Act does require the applicant to establish to the satisfaction of the consular officer at the time of the application for a visa, and also to the satisfaction of an officer of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) at the time of application for admission to the United States, that he or she is not likely at any time to become a public charge.

An applicant for K-1 or K-3 visa may generally satisfy the requirement of the law by the presentation of documentary evidence establishing that:

the applicant has, or will have in the U.S. personal funds sufficient to provide support for the applicant and dependent family members, if any, or sufficient to provide support until suitable employment is located;

the applicant has arranged employment in the U.S. that will provide an adequate income for the applicant and dependent family members;

relatives or friends in the U.S. will assure the applicant's support;

or

a combination of the above circumstances

It is the highlighted point that we were going forward with, is this not suitable at interview stage?

Filed: Timeline

You need to fill out an I-134 with supporting documents. It needs to show sufficient income over the poverty line, or enough assets that you can prove the value of and that could actually be sold off if need be. Otherwise, you need a co-sponsor on the I-134. The embassies of some countries don't allow co-sponsors, but I don't know for your case. I don't follow what you highlighted... the relatives or friends need to co-sponsor and fill out the I-134 with supporting documents (if that's what you mean).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Correct, the petiioner and the joint sponsor provide the I-134. The petitioner is always a primary sponsor.

FWIW, looking forward the future father in law's promise to "cover you" for a year may mean there will be issues after marriage when it comes time to adjust status. That requires another affidavit of support (I-864) that is a binding contract between the sponsor and the US gov't that potentially lasts years. Your then spouse completes one and any needed joint sponsor would supply one as well.

Doesn't sound like "dad" may be willing to do this. So get the conversation going now because without it, the immigrant won't be legally employable in the US anytime soon.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

You need to fill out an I-134 with supporting documents. It needs to show sufficient income over the poverty line, or enough assets that you can prove the value of and that could actually be sold off if need be. Otherwise, you need a co-sponsor on the I-134. The embassies of some countries don't allow co-sponsors, but I don't know for your case. I don't follow what you highlighted... the relatives or friends need to co-sponsor and fill out the I-134 with supporting documents (if that's what you mean).

Hi Hiker, I was stating that a relative of my Fiancee (her father) would co-sponser us and fill fill out the I-134

But now it is looking like my Fiancee ALSO needs to?

But I do not have to show ANYTHING, correct?!

Timeline

Correct, the petiioner and the joint sponsor provide the I-134. The petitioner is always a primary sponsor.

FWIW, looking forward the future father in law's promise to "cover you" for a year may mean there will be issues after marriage when it comes time to adjust status. That requires another affidavit of support (I-864) that is a binding contract between the sponsor and the US gov't that potentially lasts years. Your then spouse completes one and any needed joint sponsor would supply one as well.

Doesn't sound like "dad" may be willing to do this. So get the conversation going now because without it, the immigrant won't be legally employable in the US anytime soon.

Thank you for your info Anh map,

One year was just what was put on the I-134, once I have Green Card in hand it wont take me long to be fully independent, I also have some savings put aside that should be of help, not a great deal but it is all I have!

Filed: Timeline

Yes, the US citizen and the father would fill out the I-134. You wouldn't show anything for the I-134 (just for everything else as evidence for relationship, and other requested docs... but your timeline says you were already interviewed so it sounds like you're all set with that already).

Timeline

Yes, the US citizen and the father would fill out the I-134. You wouldn't show anything for the I-134 (just for everything else as evidence for relationship, and other requested docs... but your timeline says you were already interviewed so it sounds like you're all set with that already).

No we have been given a date of the 22nd Sept and I have filled that in (not sure why it has a tick . . .?!)

OK so I am quite worried,

I hope someone can help me as I am quite worried they need to see something from us.

Please help!

Danny n Sami

All of those things mentioned in posts above are true of the I-864 when you get to the Adjustment of Status point in the US. Petitioner will fill out a form even if they wrote ZERO income on it.

However LONDON has accepted an I-134 for a K1 visa only from the person who is providing the support, ie the father. I wish I could remember the specific VJ member, but London handed back the "no income" I-134 and said "we don't need this one" and kept the parent's documents. It was somebody I had discussed this with in PMs and they wrote back to tell me how it went, so details may not be in a review. I believe you interpreted London's position correctly above. They will accept anybody who is willing to agree to supply support, including the beneficiary if he has assets/cash. You can always have the petitioner fill out an I-134 and have it in your folder in case they don't like the father's alone. I think they will be okay with what you have.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It can not be time limited, nor can the I 864.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Whoa.... step back a moment. This is irrelevant... unless those assets are $70,000+. It's not a matter of you being fully independent. It is strictly a contract between the US government and the petitioner that is valid for 40 quarters (at least 10 years). It doesn't matter how much money YOU make or if YOU feel you are independent. If your petitioner does not make 125% over the poverty level then he needs a co-sponsor who does... who is also on the hook for 10+ years (40 quarters of you working and making over 125% of the poverty level). If the sponsor or co-sponsor do not make over 125% of the poverty level, you won't get a visa. The sponsor and co-sponsor are also both on the hook for at least 10 years (unless you get your citizenship sooner).

Thank you for your info Anh map,

One year was just what was put on the I-134, once I have Green Card in hand it wont take me long to be fully independent, I also have some savings put aside that should be of help, not a great deal but it is all I have!

Edited by Ready to do it

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2011-04-27

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Neither can be time limited. The immigration system is not fast and it is expensive, stressful and time consuming. Everyone needs to understand this going in. The immigration system will never go fast enough for anyone here, it is how you manage the stress and plan for the future.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.