notmuch88tosay

Lifetime Ban From Entering the U.S.?

44 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello,

I read a post here that admitting to prior drug use during the medical exam would result in a lifetime ban from being able to enter the U.S., with no waiver or forgiveness considered.

In my opinion that is cruel and heartless beurocratic stupidity.

To keep two people who just want to love each other, apart, because of that, is cruel.

Hollywood stars, rock stars and athletes are treated as if daily drug use is perfectly okay, welcomed and acceptable; illegal aliens sell drugs and are violent...

My question is, what else can result in a lifetime ban that we need to be aware of?

Parking tickets? Spitting on the sidewalk. Refusing to bow to a Government God beaurocrat?

Seriously, anyone have a list?

It doesn't hurt to warn the fiancee of all beaurcratic traps at the interview that could destroy her greatest dream and mine.

notmuch88tosay

Admitting to using drugs is not a life time ban. Being convicted of drug usage, sale etc beyond 30 grams is a life time ban. Being convicted twice of using drugs can lead to a life time ban.

BTW, I am sure being convicted of MURDER will get you a life time ban.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

It really depends on the kind of drugs that were used. Did u or your loved one used drugs is this why you are so upset? You can google this information.

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello,

I read a post here that admitting to prior drug use during the medical exam would result in a lifetime ban from being able to enter the U.S., with no waiver or forgiveness considered.

In my opinion that is cruel and heartless beurocratic stupidity.

To keep two people who just want to love each other, apart, because of that, is cruel.

Hollywood stars, rock stars and athletes are treated as if daily drug use is perfectly okay, welcomed and acceptable; illegal aliens sell drugs and are violent...

My question is, what else can result in a lifetime ban that we need to be aware of?

Parking tickets? Spitting on the sidewalk. Refusing to bow to a Government God beaurocrat?

Seriously, anyone have a list?

It doesn't hurt to warn the fiancee of all beaurcratic traps at the interview that could destroy her greatest dream and mine.

notmuch88tosay

You're misinterpreting the law. It doesn't say that they will be banned. It says they are inadmissible. The US government doesn't want aliens with a history of certain crimes coming to the US. Most countries have similar laws. Some inadmissibilities can be be waived if it poses a hardship to a US citizen or LPR. Some automatically expire. Some cannot be waived and never expire.

There's a list of most inadmissibilities in INA section 212(a). Waivers are described in section 212(h).

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.f6da51a2342135be7e9d7a10e0dc91a0/?vgnextoid=fa7e539dc4bed010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=fa7e539dc4bed010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD&CH=act

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Admitting to using drugs is not a life time ban. Being convicted of drug usage, sale etc beyond 30 grams is a life time ban. Being convicted twice of using drugs can lead to a life time ban.

BTW, I am sure being convicted of MURDER will get you a life time ban.

Maybe the attorney that wrote the article was wrong ? I don't know. Here is more information on it.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/94406-lifetime-ban-for-admitting-drug-use-at-st-lukes/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The OP never said anything about a Conviction but asked about admission of use in a medical screen. So, not enough detail. We assumed Drug Conviction(s) but never said. I don't know. The OP did not fully give all/enough of the information when posting the Topic is my guess.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Maybe the attorney that wrote the article was wrong ? I don't know. Here is more information on it.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/94406-lifetime-ban-for-admitting-drug-use-at-st-lukes/

Are you aware that you post a link from 2007. That was 4 years ago, laws and rules have been modified since then.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It might interest you to look at the OP's Timeline.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hey LIFE'SJOURNEY,

Thanks for the info.

Hi Hell0W0rld,

You asked:

"Did u or your loved one used drugs is this why you are so upset?"

Who said I was upset? Oh, yea, you did. And to answer your question, no, like I said in my post...

"It doesn't hurt to warn the fiancee of all beaurcratic traps at the interview that could destroy her greatest dream and mine."

Hey aorobert,

Thanks for your input and opinion. I agree.

Hey JimVaPhuong,

Thanks for the info and thanks for the link, it's always appreciated.

Hey Tim/Mav,

Noone in this family is planning on admitting to using drugs in a medical exam, but you never know what a woman will say. Like I said...

"It doesn't hurt to warn the fiancee of all beaurcratic traps at the interview that could destroy her greatest dream and mine."

Hi DaleFlorida,

Thanks for the link, I appreciate it.

Take care,

notmuch88tosay

if u used drugs in the last 6 months it will come out positive at the blood test. if you admit it at the medical before they find out you might have your interview delayed for 6 months to 1 year and a new medical exam for a confirmation

148280zkcv79ffi3.gifDeeDee & Sam 426064ng1n3ghbqw.gif

766837489_784932.gif

from filling I129F to POE- exactly 6 months

for k1 steps and dates check my timeline
AOS approved took 7 months you can chack my timeline for details

ROC

October 6th- mailed package

as1cJVfNw2k0710MTMybHN8MDQyMTdqc3xXZVwnd

Don't use drugs... How simple is that?

this is like telling smokers not to smoke. lol. meaning, is their life they do whatever they want, we're nobody to interfere and to give advice. how simple is that? ;)

148280zkcv79ffi3.gifDeeDee & Sam 426064ng1n3ghbqw.gif

766837489_784932.gif

from filling I129F to POE- exactly 6 months

for k1 steps and dates check my timeline
AOS approved took 7 months you can chack my timeline for details

ROC

October 6th- mailed package

as1cJVfNw2k0710MTMybHN8MDQyMTdqc3xXZVwnd

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.