workaholic

chat logs - do read each bit of it, or just skim it?

40 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Your spouse is from Morocco, this is a high fraud country. Don't be surprised if they want more info.

No-one says it needs to be "intimate" chats. But you will show phone records.. and that's all? You really think that will be enough? It might be but your issue with what you consider "personal" is what you need to get over. This process is not built to preserve that. It can get very invasive. Including if you get a Stokes interview they CAN and WILL ask questions such as when you last had sex, what birth control you use, favourite position etc. This is to prove a legitimate relationship, not to get their jollies off. Failure to answer these questions, or answer them the same will result in a denial.

I agree with Golden Gate. They have no right to know intimate details about our relationships. If I get a Stokes interview and I'm asked those questions, I will not answer b/c it is simply none of their buisness. if they are going to deny me b/c I wont share my favorite sex position with them then be it.

Edited by SM2010
CvOzm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

welll....I mean all are very good opinions, and I guess each person will think differently, I am one to say, and demand respect and privacy....but to be honest...I love my Fiance so much I will put all pride aside, I want this to go as smoothly as possible and if they ask what our favorite position is...well...they will find out...I seriously doubt this information will leave the interview office...I put my love first, pride later...but I do think we are all entitle to our own opinions and feelings about this...I am not saying that I love my Fiance more than anyone here, please dont thinkk this is how I mean it because I dont...its just my own view...you are entitled to yours I am to mine...Im just saying that I dont really care to share 100% of my life with the US in exchange for the privilege of them allowing me to be with my future wife...I do wish all the best of luck...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

welll....I mean all are very good opinions, and I guess each person will think differently, I am one to say, and demand respect and privacy....but to be honest...I love my Fiance so much I will put all pride aside, I want this to go as smoothly as possible and if they ask what our favorite position is...well...they will find out...I seriously doubt this information will leave the interview office...I put my love first, pride later...but I do think we are all entitle to our own opinions and feelings about this...I am not saying that I love my Fiance more than anyone here, please dont thinkk this is how I mean it because I dont...its just my own view...you are entitled to yours I am to mine...Im just saying that I dont really care to share 100% of my life with the US in exchange for the privilege of them allowing me to be with my future wife...I do wish all the best of luck...

:ot:

I think the same :) I don´t really think that´s a common question... maybe there has been some case where they have asked if they were suspicious about it being a bonafide relationship, have not read reviews or heard cases where they have asked that in the US embassy here, but definitly if they ask whatever they do they will have my answer, I could never let my pride keep me from being with the person I love...and as you say this does not mean that I consider bad other opinions

:ot2:

I have been doing some research and have seen many cases where people include that as part of the documents to demostrate an ongoing relationship (Philippines too) personally I will add 2 or 3 within 2 years time :)

TdATm5.png

*07-12-2011 --- Package sent :)

*07-13-2011 --- NOA1 , Vermont!

*07-20-2011 --- Touched.

*10-14-2011 --- NOA2!!! Yeeeeeeee!!!!

*10-19-2011 --- Hardcopy of NOA2 :)!!

*10-24-2011 --- NVC Received (no case number assigned yet)

*10-26-2011 --- NVC case number assigned :)

*10-28-2011 --- NVC sent to the embassy :)

*10-31-2011 --- Embassy receives package!!! :)

*12-05-2011 --- Medical! _____DONE AND PASSED!!! :)

*12-19-2011 --- Interview!!! :)!! APPROVED!!! WOOOHOOO!!!

*12-29-2011 --- Visa in hand! :D

*12-30-2011 --- POE Newark!! Finally with mi amor!

*02-24-2012 --- We got married! :) [/color][/font][/font]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline

I submitted only pictures and my SMS logs. Had to censor some of the words :whistle: They only browsed thru it, i dont think they read any actually. They were mostly interrested in pictures

event.png

12/28/2010 FILED I 129F

01/18/2011 NOA1

01/29/2011 touched

05/09/2011 RFE

06/07/2011 RFE reply

06/21/2011 NOA2

06/29/2011 NVC RECEIVED

07/05/2011 SENT TO CONSULATE

07/07/2011 RECEIVED IN OSLO

07/14/2001 packet 3 received

07/16/2011 packet 3 sent

08/04/2011 medical passed

08/10/2011 interview passed

08/22/2011 visa in hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

They can and do ask very personal questions. My husband was given a second interview in Islamabad and they asked him all kinds of questions about my ex-husband including how old he was. The CO asked about my ex-husband being on the title to my house. I got the house in the divorce. Then last but not least the CO asked my husband did we have sex before marriage. My husband gave a truthful answer.

Usually they don't ask about sex at the first interview but if they ask for a second interview expect any and all questions. If they suspect fraud they will read your emails and chat logs with a fine tooth comb. So if you have any arguments or have things that are too personal don't include those.

I sent my fiance an abundance of proof of our relationship, but he is the one who suggested printing out all of our skype/chat conversations, and even finding a way to print our text messages. Even though we have some very personal messages, I told him YES! Let's print it all! I don't care what they read between us... if it means that it will help bring him here, I don't even care if they follow us around for the first few years.

How did you printed your text messages?

Money is not the root of evil. It is the Love of Money is the evil.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

do these officers at the USCIS or embassy go throguh each bit of just skim it..?? and when do they do it, at the interview, or before the interview is assigned?

Before the interview, the most work is done on the front end at AOS probably 10% denial in AZ.

I agree with Golden Gate. They have no right to know intimate details about our relationships. If I get a Stokes interview and I'm asked those questions, I will not answer b/c it is simply none of their buisness. if they are going to deny me b/c I wont share my favorite sex position with them then be it.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Share portions over a time period to show continued contact and cards, gifts etc. Leave out the XXX stuff. It is the total package from application letter to interview. Remember the goal is K! and VISA..

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

do these officers at the USCIS or embassy go throguh each bit of just skim it..?? and when do they do it, at the interview, or before the interview is assigned?

Yes and Yes....most go through some parts in detail.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Bottomline upfront provide what you think will prove you have a valid relationship, intimate conversations are not required. If anything conversations with more substance that prove you are trying to know each other will prove much more beneficial. My husband and I spoke about everything under the sun and we provided only conversations that we wanted to share. I spoke to his family on several occasions and I provided those to prove that it was not just him and I but that both my children and his family approved and accepted the relationship.

In our case the CO did read our conversations but when my husband went for the second interview it was not the same CO he interviewed with the first time.

Good luck,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

You need to get over this way of thinking. They are entitled to pry into your personal life because you are asking for a privilege and they want to make sure you aren't going to abuse that and to make sure you're good people.

:thumbs: Agreed. It's not easy, but we all have to do it. It's only for a short time, and when it's over...it'll all be worth they're "needling and prying"...it's all soon forgotten.

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Timeline

Jeesh. You are way ahead of yourself. I am prepared to do what they ask, however I will not give more information than they ask for, and I will not put myself in a situation, like some people in the Morocco forum, who have provided chats, only to have them used against them. If they ask, I will provide. Until then, I will wait to see what they are requiring. I don't need to get over anything. That is your presumption. I am well aware of Casablanca's reputation. I have nothing further to discuss here.

Only trying to help you. :wow:

Edited by Ben and Jill

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Only trying to help you. :wow:

It wasn't you I was responding to there, it was Vanessa and Tony. Sorry for the confusion. Just some people like to jump on other people right away and they don't know the full picture. I just don't appreciate someone telling me 'You need to do' such and such, as though I need some sort of adjustment. Things can be said a bit more tactfully. I don't try to tell other people what they NEED to do. I have been studying the Casablanca consulate for the past two years and have read varying reports about the use of chats. In some of these instances, it has harmed their cases. I wanted to act on the side of caution in this regard, that is all. I don't want to give them things, that they then can bring up, which we might have discussed more than two years ago and have little memory of. That was my intention. I will more than happily provide them some chats at the interview. I just didn't want to blindly send a bunch of chats, that even I have a hard time remembering the situation, the context, etcetera, and then have them throw those back in our face.

We haven't even had an interview yet, so to suggest a Stokes Interview was a bit of the cart before the horse.

Also, you might be a little testy too if you have been fasting all month. :blush:

Edited by Golden Gate

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Timeline

It wasn't you I was responding to there, it was Vanessa and Tony. Sorry for the confusion. Just some people like to jump on other people right away and they don't know the full picture. I just don't appreciate someone telling me 'You need to do' such and such, as though I need some sort of adjustment. Things can be said a bit more tactfully. I don't try to tell other people what they NEED to do. I have been studying the Casablanca consulate for the past two years and have read varying reports about the use of chats. In some of these instances, it has harmed their cases. I wanted to act on the side of caution in this regard, that is all. I don't want to give them things, that they then can bring up, which we might have discussed more than two years ago and have little memory of. That was my intention. I will more than happily provide them some chats at the interview. I just didn't want to blindly send a bunch of chats, that even I have a hard time remembering the situation, the context, etcetera, and then have them throw those back in our face.

We haven't even had an interview yet, so to suggest a Stokes Interview was a bit of the cart before the horse.

Also, you might be a little testy too if you have been fasting all month. :blush:

I understand...I think when people respond that they don't mean to sound "this way or that"...sometimes the comments come across sounding harsh when they are not meant to be harsh at all. For the most part, people here just really try to help one another. It's a longggggg road, and it's hard no matter where you turn. And yes, I have to say...if I had to fast, I'd be somewhat of a crank pot, LOL. Things are hard enough! Hang in there!

Edited by Ben and Jill

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.