heyray

I have a question for fellow K1'ers

83 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I was studying Chinese in Taipei. Went to a small club with a group of friends. She knew one of my friends. Thought she was cute but when I tried to talk to her, she didn't say much back. Still all night I'd flirt with her and tried to get her to dance. Finally at the end we danced and then shared a kiss. Found out the next week she was leaving in a month to live in Sydney for a year or two. Still we hung out and talked. She went to Sydney thinking we may not see each other again. We still talked everyday. I decided to leave school and live there for two months. Best decision ever cause we fell in love. There's more to the story but that was beginning!

Filed: Timeline

We met through facebook. We both lived in Cairo and had like one or two mutual friends so I thought I met him at a house party in cairo. I didnt respond originally but after we chatted, my friends convinced me that it would be no harm to meet him for coffee. We met for coffee almost 2 years ago this week and have been together ever since.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

I was working in Belize and she was visiting the country with her girlfriend. We met in a bar. Not very romantic, but true! Two years later we are hoping to get through the immigration red tape!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I met Kristine in the Cayman Islands where my boss sent me for work, As i was pulling into my hotel she was walking with her cousin down to the ocean side restaurant yes i checked out her but lol. So i parked my car ran into my room grabbed my camera and went down to the Bar/restaurant and began pretending to film the ocean while contemplating if i should go talk to her. Anyways i went to her table asked if i could sit and her cousin said yes, to break the ice i asked if she knew any good spots in town to break the ice and then what can i say she just melted from there. :rofl:4 hours later i was hooked and the next morning at 5am we both woke up and messaged each other at the same exact time literally, the rest is history as i have flown to see her 6 times since.

My Proposal to kristine!!! :)

I-129F Sent : 2011-01-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-01-25

I-129F RFE(s): NONE!!!

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-06-02

Interview Date : 2011-09-01

Interview Result : Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

we met from an online game (world of warcraft)

I met my fiance on World of Warcraft too :) !

30th March 2011 - I-129F sent!

8th April 2011 - NOA1 Hardcopy recieved.

24th June 2011 - NOA2!!! [80 days]

30th June 2011 - NOA2 Hardcopy received.

27th July 2011 - Packet 3 instructions emailed to me!

27th July 2011 - Get my Police check done. 3-4 weeks? omg!

19th August 2011 - Medical!

22nd August 2011 - Medical results, passed!

29th August 2011 - i-134's arrived! Waiting on Police check. Emailed Consulate to see if they have it. :/

15th September 2011 - Finally send off packet 3! Neighbour stole first police check, form in i-134 was wrong and had to be resent, but it's all FINALLY on its way to Sydney! :)

22nd September 2011 - Packet 4 Received!

25th October 2011 - INTERVIEW! Eek!

25th October 2011 - Approved! :) Just need to mail my LONG birth certificate out so they can verify it and send the visa. Lol.

26th October 2011 - Birth certificate arrived in Sydney. Now to wait for my visa!!! :)

1st November 2011 - Visa Recieved!! :)

30th November 2011 - POE

19th January 2012 - Wedding

3rd February 2012 - Applied for SSN in maiden name

10th February 2012 - SSN arrived in mail

14th September 2012: Finally have the money saved up for AOS after a tough year. Going to start paperwork soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

we met from an online game (world of warcraft)

I went to go meet a bunch of people from my World of Warcraft Guild. He was one of them. Grouped with him a couple times together, never really talked much. That day we met you could tell on his face he was in love. My first words to him was " Hey there, Ninja" He was a shadow priest in the game and I was a healing priest. After getting back home we never stopped talking. That summer I came back for a visit. We offically became a couple July 4th that summer. We are now playing Rift :thumbs:

We met playing world of warcraft - I've noticed a cpl of others have too (yay for gaming geeks finding love online :P)

He joined our guild and we started chatting during our first raid - turns out he thought i had a cute accent on vent.

After we finished killing things we kept talking, 14 hrs later we were still talking and needed to go to work ...

Been talking ever since

World of Warcraft lmao

Like so many of you, I too met my fiance in WoW. We were guildies in an enormous guild. He was a tank, I was just starting to heal. He asked me to heal a dungeon for him. Our first dungeon, I started raging at the dps to stop being stupid and terrible, and when they returned fire, I promptly told them to suck it. He said after that, it was love.

Gamer geek love, it's so romantic!

Timeline::

2/7/11 - Met in World of Warcraft

3/3/11 - Meet for first time

5/12/11 - Visit to Canada

5/15/11 - He proposed!!

6/28/11 - Ryan comes to stay for 5 months

8/9/11 - I-129F package sent

8/17/11 - Text/email confirmation received (VSC)

8/17/11 - Check cashed

8/20/11 - NOA1 Received (dated 8/16/11)

11/25/11 - Ryan has to leave :(

12/9/11 - Text/email approval!

12/12/11 - NOA2 Received (dated 12/8/11)

12/27/11 - NVC Letter Received (dated 12/19/11)

4/25/12 - Interview!! (Approved)

4/27/12 - Received Visa in mail

5/24/12 - POE: Detroit, MI, over Ambassador's Bridge

7/13/12 - Married <33

7/20/12 - I-485 package sent

7/26/12 - Text/email confirmation received

7/26/12 - Check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

We would like to thank everyone who replied to my post. It is good to know that love can be found everywhere and anywhere. To those that have completed their visa journey we would like to thank you for all the helpful advice we have received from this site. And to those that are undertaking the journey, like myself and Colleen, we wish you all good luck and best wishes. The only way we am able to stay positive is by looking constantly at Visa Journey. It makes us happier seeing what is going on with the journey of others as compared to the USCIS site which just says the same thing everyday.

Good Luck, Best Wishes, Be Patient and Thank you for all of the replies

Ray & Colleen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

I met the love of my life while we were both working aboard a Cruise Ship sailing the Carribean (L):)

*Our K-1 Journey*

*11/7/11 - Sent I-129F Packet

*11/10/11 - Packet delivered to Dallas Lockbox

*11/16/11 - NOA1 Text/Email & Check Cashed

*11/19/11 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received (Notice Date 11/14/11)

*03/28/12 - NOA2 Text/Email (Notice Date 03/27/12)

*04/02/12 - NVC Recieved Package

*04/04/12 - NVC Sent Package to Embassy

*04/17/12 - Embassy emailed Packet 4 to me

*04/21/12 - USPS Interview Binder to Carlos

*04/26/12 - Carlos Medical Exam

*04/27/12 - Carlos receive Interview Binder from me

*05/04/12 - Carlos Interview 8:00 AM (Has to return with two more documents)

*05/14/12 - Carlos return to embassy with missing documents - VISA APPROVED

*05/18/12 - Carlos picks up VISA at Embassy

*05/19/12 - POE MIAMI

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

I met the love of my life while we were both working aboard a Cruise Ship sailing the Carribean (L):)

and soon I hope I can bring home my favorite souvenir!! :)

*Our K-1 Journey*

*11/7/11 - Sent I-129F Packet

*11/10/11 - Packet delivered to Dallas Lockbox

*11/16/11 - NOA1 Text/Email & Check Cashed

*11/19/11 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received (Notice Date 11/14/11)

*03/28/12 - NOA2 Text/Email (Notice Date 03/27/12)

*04/02/12 - NVC Recieved Package

*04/04/12 - NVC Sent Package to Embassy

*04/17/12 - Embassy emailed Packet 4 to me

*04/21/12 - USPS Interview Binder to Carlos

*04/26/12 - Carlos Medical Exam

*04/27/12 - Carlos receive Interview Binder from me

*05/04/12 - Carlos Interview 8:00 AM (Has to return with two more documents)

*05/14/12 - Carlos return to embassy with missing documents - VISA APPROVED

*05/18/12 - Carlos picks up VISA at Embassy

*05/19/12 - POE MIAMI

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Through the internet too! We clicked LIKED almost at the same time and he sent me a message first. He went here last October 2010 to ask me to be his girlfriend "just so he could hold me hand" and one week later he proposed to me. After 4 months he came back with both his parents. I will be reunited with him next week and I am soooo excited!

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/27652977?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0&autoplay=1" width="299" height="224" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Edited by paul_kay

tumblr_m24igfpWr01rtrvwyo1_r1_250.jpg

Click image to view my blog!

AOS Timeline

11/1/11 - AOS package Delivered

11/7/11 - NOA Received in the mail

11/12/11 - Biometrics Appointment received

11/28/11 - Case transferred to CSC

12/7/11 - Biometrics done

1/2/12 - EAD and AP approved (Card production)

1/11/12 - EAD/AP Card received

1/20/12 - Got Driver's License!

3/7/12 - GC approved!

3/9/12 - Got a job!

3/11/12 - GC on hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Met my fiance when I was doing a work exchange programme.

Honestly thought it was a fling at first ( 4 weeks of getting to know each other and a million miles away seemed like an impossible task)..

until the day he sent me to the airport and said, "You are the girl I'm going to marry" and when he passed a wedding fair billboard, he said, "i'm going there later to check it out and get you a ring" (he tells me it was a joke at that point in time) and we decide there and then we "see how it goes"

Apparently, he told his mum about it and asked what he should do. his mum told him to "take the offroad".

Im an offroad :)

It took 2 years of travelling back and forth, including him coming to work in Singapore with me for a year before we decided to take the leap.

here is to the next leg of our adventure.

:)

Edited by gyselle

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

IHOW DID YOU MEET THE PERSON YOU WANT TO SPEND THE REST OF YOUR LIFE WITH?

I selected her from an online catalog of young blond Russian hotties; paid $99 for the catalog.

And, that is the virtual truth.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

We met on a message board (non-dating related. Actually, it was a fan community for an old MTV show :lol: ) I've been part for ages. Since the community had a small but very international number of members we would organize these "meetups" through Skype, kind of like a party chat line, I guess. Very soon after he joined the message board, he started joining the meetups but never really talked much, which defeated the purpose! I started trying to get him to talk more, teasing him a bit about being so shy and getting into funny debates on subjects like Football (I was a Cowboys Fan and he was a huge Packers fan) or the quality of TV and pop culture. And that's how we got to know each other. After a few months we would skip the chat and just Skype'd with each other. The rest is history.

Our Journey begins

Met online in March 2009. Started dating through Skype in September 2009. Met in person on 03/14/2010. After many visits, both ways, Nate proposes to Liz on 8/10/2010.

Our K-1 Journey
K1 Visa processed at Vermont, approved in 106 days. Approved at CDJ on 19/09/2011
Our AOS Journey from K

Applied for AOS on 12/27/2011

-AP/EAD combo card processed at Vermont, approved in 86 days. Approved on 3/22/2012; Card Received 3/30/2012

-GC processed at Vermont, approved in 268 days. Approved on 9/20/2012; Card Received on 9/26/2012
Our RoC Journey

08/30/2014: Sent package to Lockbox

09/02/2014: Package Received in Chicago

09/05/2014: Received NOA1 (Extension letter for 1 year)

11/30/2014: Called USCIS, Biometrics appointment not received yet. Appointment letter never delivered to correct address.

12/05/2014: Finally receive Biometrics appointment letter in the mail.

12/30/2014: Biometrics taken in El Paso, Texas ASC

05/08/2015: Approval notice received by email and text

05/10/2015: Approval notice received by mail

05/15/2015: GC in hand

-RoC processed at Vermont, approved in 248 days

Our Citizenship Journey

06/20/2015: Will be able to early file N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.