Jump to content

Charles C

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Charles C

  • Rank
  • Member # 100396

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • City
  • State

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    K-1 Visa
  • Place benefits filed at
    Chicago Lockbox
  • Country

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. We are waiting for AOS, EAD, and AP. Biometrics are done and my wife (K-1) and step-daughters (K-2) are waiting to hear when we will have an interview. Everyone has an "A number" assigned to them at this point and my wife has a Social Security Number that was assigned based on her K-1 status. My main question centers around the girls and their K-2 status and the ability to provide proof of their legal status here in the US. They are now 18 and 16 years old. Soon we are moving to Michigan for a job relocation. We need to get State ID cards, driver's licenses and register for school... but what do we provide for proof of status? As soon as I get their EAD and AP we will apply for SSN, but this takes more time. Some of the state and school forms ask for proof of residency status. We can provide their passports and VISAs as well as I-94s, but the dates on the I-94 are now "timed out" and some people have interpreted this to mean their status is illegal. Any suggestions on a simple, easy-to-show form to show that while we are waiting for AOS, they are here legally but in a waiting period? I hope this makes sense but the 90-day time on the I-94 is certainly not long enough to get all the way through AOS! How do we demonstrate we are all legal and waiting!? Charles
  • Create New...