Captain Ewok

TOS Violations and Moderator Responses

1,018 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Mistakes can happen, we're all people here.

The question that's going to matter the most to people is, what is now going to be done to rectify it and bring back a valued member?

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

The question that's going to matter the most to people is, what is now going to be done to rectify it and bring back a valued member?

Why doesn't said member come back and make their feelings privately known to moderation? Voice their opinion and point of view? I agree that if this member has had no prior histor then a warning would have been more appropriate. If that is all there was to moderation issues, then leaving because of one incident and a 24 hr suspension is a bit extreme, IMO. Said member should voice her concerns privately and let moderation know how she feels.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

She logs on and acknowledges that she received a warning, that's all that needs to happen. Quite simple really.

It's her decision if she wants to flounce off

August 2000: We start e-mailing. I'm in Bosnia, she's in Florida

October 29th 2000: She sends me e-mail asking if I would marry her

October 29th 2000(5 seconds later): I say yes

November 2000: She sends me tickets to Orlando for when I get back

December 6th 2000: Return from Bos

December 11th 2000: Fly to Orlando, she meets me at airport

December 22nd 2000: I fly back to UK

January 3rd 2001: She flies to UK (Good times)

Mid February 2001: Pregnancy test Positive

Mid February 2001: She flies back to US

March 2001: Miscarriage, I fly to US on first flight I can get

May 2001: I leave US before my 90 days are up

June 2001: I fly back to US, stopped at airport for questioning as I had only just left

September 2001: Pregnancy test Positive again

September 2001: She falls sick, I make decision to stay to look after her as I am afraid I may have problems getting back in.

April 16th 2002: Our son is born, we start getting stuff together for his passport

March 6th 2003: We leave US for UK as family

Early April 2003: Family troubles make her return to US, I ask Embassy in London about possibilities of returning to US

April 16th 2003: London Embassy informs me that I will be banned from the Visa Waiver Program for 10 years, my little boys first birthday

June 13th 2006: I-129f sent

August 11th 2006: NOA1 Recieved

After our relationship breaks down she admits to me that she had never bothered to start the application process

She logs on and acknowledges that she received a warning, that's all that needs to happen. Quite simple really.

Thanks for demeaning someone who has put years into this site. I'll let her know.

"What's yours is mine!"

She didn't 'receive a warning' she was blocked immediately.

This sends a message to all VJ contributors that this site has poor Moderation and sees little value in what you put in. I completely understand, after years of the best of intentions, why she feels she doesn't want to stick around anymore after being treated like that. What happened to being innocent until proved guilty?

Timeline

Thanks for demeaning someone who has put years into this site. I'll let her know.

You'll get vertigo on that high horse.

Let her know what you want, the whole thing's up to her.

All she has to do is acknowledge that she's received a warning, not that she agrees with it.

She didn't 'receive a warning' she was blocked immediately.

This sends a message to all VJ contributors that this site has poor Moderation and sees little value in what you put in. I completely understand, after years of the best of intentions, why she feels she doesn't want to stick around anymore after being treated like that. What happened to being innocent until proved guilty?

Blocked for 24hrs and then everything unblocked after she acknowledges the warning. Quite simple really

June 2001: I fly back to US, stopped at airport for questioning as I had only just left

September 2001: She falls sick, I make decision to stay to look after her as I am afraid I may have problems getting back in.

April 16th 2002: Our son is born, we start getting stuff together for his passport

Early April 2003: Family troubles make her return to US, I ask Embassy in London about possibilities of returning to US

April 16th 2003: London Embassy informs me that I will be banned from the Visa Waiver Program for 10 years, my little boys first birthday

After our relationship breaks down she admits to me that she had never bothered to start the application process

All she has to do is acknowledge that she's received a warning, not that she agrees with it.

Sorry, who are you again?

Edited by Wheatley

"What's yours is mine!"

Timeline

Ooh, big words. Whatcha gonna do?

Absolutely nothing, I'm not the one having a hissy fit over something on the internet.

Oooooooh, someone said something bad online.

Go give your head a wobble.

Frankly, the site is run by it's administrators and it's mods.

It's their trainset and their rules, if you don't like it just toddle off and start your own.

Sorry, who are you again?

A random anonymous person of no importance on an internet forum, just like you

Blocked for 24hrs and then everything unblocked after she acknowledges the warning. Quite simple really

Which ASSUMES a wrongdoing and acknowledgement of a 'wrongdoing' before being allowed access again.

It needs to be the other way around - a warning - an opportunity to understand what the transgression was - then a ban if refusal to comply a second time. It should be a learning opportunity, not one where you're treated like child.

An instantaneous ban is Orwellian and is no way to run a community that relies on the voluntary contributions of its members.

Which ASSUMES a wrongdoing and acknowledgement of a 'wrongdoing' before being allowed access again.

It needs to be the other way around - a warning - an opportunity to understand what the transgression was - then a ban if refusal to comply a second time. It should be a learning opportunity, not one where you're treated like child.

An instantaneous ban is Orwellian and is no way to run a community that relies on the voluntary contributions of its members.

Unfortunately, this site is privately owned and not a democracy. They make the rules, we chose whether to stay and follow them.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I remember the post as I was one of the ones who commented on it although as I'm using my phone on here I don't have a 'report' button so that wasn't me.

The OP had been asking about travelling to the US and adjusting. Nich-Nick wrote a lengthy post which appeared to be instructing the OP on what to say and do at POE to get through. Stuff along the lines of you don't want to get to the airport with all your belongings and all the forms filled out in advance.

Maybe it was just badly worded.

So basically she was given a light slap on the wrist and asked to just click a button to acknowledge that she'd received it, not that she agreed with it, just received it?

Personally I fail to see what all the kerfuffle is about. Pride?

Not really, recently I have had many it seems posts deleted by the Mod concerned. Couple of times I have been thread banned. One was totally weird but I could not be arsed to get into it.

I have never even been notified, the only way you know is clicking on the link and getting a message that you are not allowed to access that thread, still get all the subsequent posts.

I have often commented on the lady who turned up at the PoE with lots of luggage, her cats and her life paperwork as something not to do when seeking entry on the VWP. Sounds very much like what she said.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Yes it's their site but the biggest asset of VJ is the experienced members who offer their time and expertise. If they drive off users of the calibre of Nich-Nick and lost at sea then it won't be a site worth visiting by anyone...

It's still their decision to leave, no-one was forced out