34 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thank you very much EABBAS. you are the best can anyone else this please people....Thank you very much I will get everything together first. And after getting everything do you think they wont change the interview date I will pick.OR how long do you think I will get another interview after getting everything together and email them for another interview

That's an éasy'denial, at least you know why and what is required. I would be getting each and every piece of communication record and presenting it - all 10-15 kilos of it. I had close to 1500-2000 text messages/month, about 6 A3 printouts per month with my frontload, and there was more for the phone calls..... Relax, get composed and present what is required.

It a different story if you don't have any records though.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thank you very much EABBAS. you are the best can anyone else this please people....Thank you very much I will get everything together first. And after getting everything do you think they wont change the interview date I will pick.OR how long do you think I will get another interview after getting everything together and email them for another interview

Why don't you try posting this very question in your regional forum? You may get a good response there :)

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thank you very much I will get everything together first. And after getting everything do you think they wont change the interview date I will pick.OR how long do you think I will get another interview after getting everything together and email them for another interview

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I Cant stop crying , I went for my interview 27th July 2011. my passport was return to me and they give me a note which below

Dear Visa Applicant

This office regret to inform you that it's unable to issue a visa to you because you have been found ineligible under section 221(g) of the law. which indicates that you have not provided sufficient documentation

....................................................................................................................

You may return at such time that you have all requested materials. when you are ready, you should email lagosIV@state.gov. You will then notified of your appointment date via email.

The SUBJECT line MUST follow this format : 221(g) appointment for APPLICANT'S NAME and CASE NUMBER. The case number is listed on this letter

The BODY of the email should include any date that you prefer . Appointment are held on monday through thursday ( EXCEPT Nigeria and U.S public holidays ) at 1:00 p.m

Availability is limited and wait times vary. You will be notified of your appiontment date via email. When you return please bring the following:

Proof of correspondence throughout the relationship. This can include letters. emails and U.S Phone records for the past six months with all calls between the petitioner and applicant highlighted. including all calls made with calling cards. Provide all available calling cars as well

Sincerely

A

America Consular Officer

UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED, ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE ORIGINALS. NO COPIES OR FAXED WILL BE ACCEPTED .DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING SENT TO THE CONSULATE-- CARRY ALL DOCUMENT FOR YOU.

Please I need help. I need someone to advice me on what to do. I am so sad. please someone should help

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Take a look at VJ guides for ideas on good evidence, you do not have a total denial just need proof of your relationship. These officers see thousands of VISA documents and can tell right away who is on first. You cannot side step, short cut or what every you want to call it. Be complete and do it right the first time. Good Luck. This is not a fast process but it can be delayed if you do not follow the rules.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thank you very much for the advice. I am glad that I am here and she would get everything and I want to know if it's right for me to send them email now and pick another interview date or wait to have everything in hand before sending for another interview date? thanks I await more Advice

As long as you are sure you will be getting the call records, and other requested information to show, i will suggest you send the email ASAP. First interviews are scheduled about 3-4 months away, but I cannot say if this timeline applies to 2nd interviews. I will go ahead and send the email. It takes them about 2wks to respond anyway. Goodluck!!

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

As long as you are sure you will be getting the call records, and other requested information to show, i will suggest you send the email ASAP. First interviews are scheduled about 3-4 months away, but I cannot say if this timeline applies to 2nd interviews. I will go ahead and send the email. It takes them about 2wks to respond anyway. Goodluck!!

The worst disservice you will be doing to urself is NOT gathering ALL that they have asked you to bring. Dont be in a hurry with the new interview date. They will schedule you for an interview once you say u are ready. But better be MUCH MORE ready than under-ready.

Hearken to what all these pple have said - gather ANY AND EVERYTHING THAT SHOWS COMMUNICATION between u 2. The cards you mentioned i hope u still have the envelopes they were posted with? if not? then it doesnt really show much, as anyone cld buy and address cards to themselves.

Your way thru is simple: Bring the things requested or things that support them. Weather ur interview is in 2 weeks or 2 months wld not matter, cos u know u'ld be here in no time and spending your entire life and time with her.

I had that 221g 6 times and finished my embassy runs in about 9months from the first interview. Do i remember the pains anymore? No.

Get up and do what you gat to do.

All the best Bros.

Good luck mate.

Edited by ADMIRE

F2A from my husband, for me and our children.

2005-05-21: Got married to my man.

Priority Date: Dec 26, 2006

2006-12-23: I-130 Sent

2007-01-05: I-130 NOA1

2009-05-21: I-130 Approved

2009-06-04: NVC Case No. generated

2010-01-15: DS-3032 / I-864 Bill generated

2010-01-17: Choice of Agent sent via e-mail

2010-01-22: Paid I-864 Bill

2010-01-25: I-864 Bill shows PAID

2010-01-28: Received email saying: Choice of agent accepted/IV bill generated.

2010-01-28: Paid IV bill.

2010-02-25: Sent out completed I-864 and DS- 230.

2010-04-08: Case Complete.

2010-05-03: Interview scheduled for June 2nd 2010 as per NVC live operator.

2010-06-02: 221g refusal pending return of requested document.

2010-06-03: Obtained the requested document. E-mailed consulate requesting a new interview date.

2011-01-26: Visas Approved! To be picked up Feb 2nd.

2011-02-01: Got an e-mail stating Visas aint ready for pick-up yet!! Oh God PLSSSSSSS.

2011-02-09: Got a reply to my incenssant e-mails scolding me for writing, and asking me to refrain from writing more letters, and stating officially that am on AP!!!

2011-03-15: Picked up Visas. Oh My God!

2011-03-21: POE, Atlanta Georgia. Find it hard to believe this is truly happening. Thank you God.

NOW IN THE US.

2011-03-28: Received our Social Security Cards in the Mail.

2011-04-08: Received Green Cards.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Don't stop at just calling cards, phone records and greeting cards. You need to include everything that shows your relationship. Pictures of the two of you together over a period of time. Pictures with her family. Have her and yourself write evolution of relationship letters. Any and all emails, chat logs hand written letters. Even if there are emails from friends or family talking about time she spent with you. now is the time to pull out all the stops and provide anything and everything you can think of. Even if you have to carry boxes of evidence in to the consulate.

Make sure that everything is organized and easy to find when you go back to the consulate. Once you gather everything you can find, post a list here of what types of items you have and we can give suggestions on how to organize everything.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Do not forget if you have one of the computer messenger services (msn, yahoo, skype to name a few) and have selected to save your correspondence with each other. I had saved months worth of messages between my fiance and myself over the months. You can also use emails. Those can also be used to help. Also, bank statements if she sent you money or you sent her money. You can get these from your bank and hers.

Good luck!

I-129F Sent : 10-04-2010

I-129F NOA1 : 10-12-2010

Touched: 10-21-2010

NOA2: 03-16-2011

Vermont Service Center

Interview: 05-18-2011

Fiance' Visa Approved: 12Jul2011

POE - Newark Airport November 20, 2011

Married: December 8, 2011

AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox on Feb. 13, 2012

I-485 transfered to Laguna Niguel CA on March 17, 2012

EAD - received from Lee's Summit, MO on April 18, 2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thank you very much I will get everything together first. And after getting everything do you think they wont change the interview date I will pick.OR how long do you think I will get another interview after getting everything together and email them for another interview

I would add additional information, an "evolution of relationship" letter, basically a timeline of when you met, where, etc. Also if you got married wedding photos and any additional documentation that puts you and her in the same place at the same time. They seem to be doubting the validity of the marriage.

Did you provide any photos? Any with other people besides yourself and wife? Best photo's contain family members along with you and wife.

Duh.. I should have read the later posts.

Edited by Sergi9

my husband and i got married last year august 6,2010 and we applied for cr1 december 21,2010 and i just got my interview yesterday i guess i was aprroved cuz they did not give me back my pasport and just said go home and wait for the visa.. they did not asked me for phone records,pictures,email even remitance they just asked for my marriage contract,birth certificate and my annulment papers and that was it,i dont think that the phones records are the reason why she got denied,she have pictures of u two right? emails and remitance ? if yes then she have all what they need,even copy of affidavit support?visa fee receipt?ds230? i even got a copy of my husband passport when he entered the philippines to see me even got his tax return i have everything even his bank statement but they did not asked for those,im sure nvc send u checklist papers of what u need to submit,are u applying for cr1 too? the spousal visa?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

So sorry to hear about this minor setback. I call it minor because you will not be waiting for them to reschedule you rather you will be the one to let them know you are ready to be re-interviewed when you have gathered all the documents.

From what I have gathered from reading other posts here, it will probably be about 2mths after you request a date they will reschedule you but usually not the 4mths wait like the 1st interview.

Good luck.

I-129F - Jan 2010

NOA 1- Feb 2010

touched- Feb 2010

touched- Feb 2010

NOA 1 hardcopy- Feb 2010

NOA 2- April 2010

NOA 2 Hardcopy received- April 2010

NVC received- April 2010

NVC Called- April 2010 new casenumber

NVC sent to Lagos???

Packet 3 and 4 -2010

Medical-2010

1st Interview-October 2010-221g

2nd Interview- Sept 2011-denied

CR1????

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

I Cant stop crying , I went for my interview 27th July 2011. my passport was return to me and they give me a note which below

Dear Visa Applicant

This office regret to inform you that it's unable to issue a visa to you because you have been found ineligible under section 221(g) of the law. which indicates that you have not provided sufficient documentation

....................................................................................................................

You may return at such time that you have all requested materials. when you are ready, you should email lagosIV@state.gov. You will then notified of your appointment date via email.

The SUBJECT line MUST follow this format : 221(g) appointment for APPLICANT'S NAME and CASE NUMBER. The case number is listed on this letter

The BODY of the email should include any date that you prefer . Appointment are held on monday through thursday ( EXCEPT Nigeria and U.S public holidays ) at 1:00 p.m

Availability is limited and wait times vary. You will be notified of your appiontment date via email. When you return please bring the following:

Proof of correspondence throughout the relationship. This can include letters. emails and U.S Phone records for the past six months with all calls between the petitioner and applicant highlighted. including all calls made with calling cards. Provide all available calling cars as well

Sincerely

A

America Consular Officer

UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED, ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE ORIGINALS. NO COPIES OR FAXED WILL BE ACCEPTED .DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING SENT TO THE CONSULATE-- CARRY ALL DOCUMENT FOR YOU.

Please I need help. I need someone to advice me on what to do. I am so sad. please someone should help

My husband received exact same letter and when he went back to take the documents they did not even look at them. Just asked more questions and then gave him a letter saying that they were sending it back for review for possible revocation. The reason was cos they think our relationship was for immigration purpose only. So be prepared when you go back.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.