Pinaylang

I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone! Since hubby and I are just now starting to fill out the aos form after 1 1/2 years of marriage do i need to do anything as far as the I-693 because I read that my hubby need to redo the medical examination alll over again since it's over a year since he did his medical in the Philippines. . all we need to fill out on I-693 is part 1 correct? Do we need to locate a Local sergeon to do the examination ahead of time or uscis will send us a letter to take the biometrics exam? Pls let me know. Thank you everyone.

Hello Everyone. Finally go reunited with my fiance and now husband. We are soo happy.... After 2 years since we filed 7/28/07 we received our visa on August 4, 2009... don't give up. if you know USEM is wrong fight for it... We did...

We've been looking at this process to some extent as I am short one vaccination. From what i have read you'll need to do the medical again. From what we were told you fill out part one of the form and take it to a local civil surgeon. There's a search tool for these on the USCIS website, we found three in town. Expect it to be expensive however, for just one injection its going to cost us $120

event.png

Timeline

Am a bit confused. Before sending the aos packet do we do the medical examination first?

Hello Everyone. Finally go reunited with my fiance and now husband. We are soo happy.... After 2 years since we filed 7/28/07 we received our visa on August 4, 2009... don't give up. if you know USEM is wrong fight for it... We did...

Yes, you do the medical exam first, and send in a SEALED envelope with a I-693 signed and completed by a Civil Surgeon with your AOS packet. Biometrics is NOT a medical. It is an appointment for fingerprints.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Am a bit confused. Before sending the aos packet do we do the medical examination first?

Yes you do need to get all the medical exam and vaccines..and then bring all your records to a civil surgeon to get your vaccines transcribed and get the i-693 signed by civil surgeon and put it on a sealed envelop. Thats what you gonna send with the aos..goodluck! :thumbs:

Timeline

Yes you do need to get all the medical exam and vaccines..and then bring all your records to a civil surgeon to get your vaccines transcribed and get the i-693 signed by civil surgeon and put it on a sealed envelop. Thats what you gonna send with the aos..goodluck! :thumbs:

Thank you so much. Made an appoitment today and they said it cost $190

Thank you

Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

We've been looking at this process to some extent as I am short one vaccination. From what i have read you'll need to do the medical again. From what we were told you fill out part one of the form and take it to a local civil surgeon. There's a search tool for these on the USCIS website, we found three in town. Expect it to be expensive however, for just one injection its going to cost us $120

No you don't need to do the exam again unless your medical is more than a year old. If you're short a shot you can go to the local health centre and get it. Then take the proof of that shot, together with your DS-3025 (immunisation list from the K1 medical) to get a transcription done at a civil surgeon. Should cost about $50 for the transcription, but the shot should NOT cost $120.. total rip-off

No you don't need to do the exam again unless your medical is more than a year old. If you're short a shot you can go to the local health centre and get it. Then take the proof of that shot, together with your DS-3025 (immunisation list from the K1 medical) to get a transcription done at a civil surgeon. Should cost about $50 for the transcription, but the shot should NOT cost $120.. total rip-off

I think he was saying that he has researched medicals since he needs a vaccine transcription for the missing shot, and because of that research, has independently determined that the OP needs a new medical (which he does). I don't think he meant that he himself needs one.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I would get your missing shot someplace else that will give it to you cheaper than $120. Call around different civil surgeons too. Find one that will transcribe your vaccinations without charging you the price of a medical, which you do not need.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.