Saylin

NVC Filers - July 2011

83 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Saylin! Question for ya:

I'm on the payment portal - I paid the AOS Fee, submitted my I-864 and filled out the Choice of Agent form. (Choice of Agent/DS-261 was filled out on the 11th).

So, for the past... oh 3 or 4 days now... I see next to "IV Application Processing Fees" it reads "Pay" as a blue hyperlink. When I click on it all I see is the 88 dollars I've already paid for the AOS fee, and the place (I'm assuming) the IV packet fee will be present is blank! No name, etc below the bold words "Applicant's Name" etc. Ultimately, no 404 fee!

I've called off and on... and all I get is "Why are you trying to pay before you get a bill?"

To which I ask: Why am I getting the option to "Pay" before I get a bill then?! It used to have "Not Paid" in blue, but not a hyperlink... it's only changed a few days ago! =S

Any experience with the process past the DS-261? It's already been 5 business days as of today and still I can't pay! =S

(As reference: http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p174/smurf47/Immigration/Payment%20portal%20screenshots/IVscreenshot.jpg )

Edited by figuringthisout

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi, sorry for the late reply, I was out of town.

I got an automatic email from them right away, then two days later this one, and then one business day later, I got one saying that the petition is "en route".

I am going to try calling USCIS now, apparently, they can tell you when it was mailed. Also, someone on this forum said that maybe this week, a June 18th petition will come up. I guess it is guess work.

http://www.visajourn...t-with-the-nvc/

Yeah that was me but its just all extrapolation on what has been going on in the last 5-6 weeks.

I also saw where someone said they could tell when it was mailed.. I just had a lengthy talk with a tier 2 person at USCIS - I did not get a date when it was mailed. She did tell me there was a third party clearing house that takes approved petitions from California and decides when/where to mail them. I was given an email address ( at dhs.gov) and I did get an auto-response when I emailed them so I'll wait and see what happens. Not expecting much.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Filed: Country: Algeria
Timeline

Yeah that was me but its just all extrapolation on what has been going on in the last 5-6 weeks.

I also saw where someone said they could tell when it was mailed.. I just had a lengthy talk with a tier 2 person at USCIS - I did not get a date when it was mailed. She did tell me there was a third party clearing house that takes approved petitions from California and decides when/where to mail them. I was given an email address ( at dhs.gov) and I did get an auto-response when I emailed them so I'll wait and see what happens. Not expecting much.

Hey OnMyWayID, can I have that email address? I think I will drop them a line too. Thanks!

(Actually, I called them too, but when I got nothing from the tier 1 person, I was discouraged and gave up.)

Married 03.04.11

NOA1 03.21.2011

NOA2 06.23.2011

NOA1->NOA2 87 days!

NVC Inferno:

Sent NVC search email: 07.13.2011

Received response that NVC will contact USCIS: 07.15.2011

NVC says that USCIS says "case is en route": 07.18.2011

NVC says it has received the petition: 07.26.2011

NVC case number: 07.29.2011

Emailed DS-3032: 7.29.2011 (got automated response)

NVC IIN: 8.1.2011

DS-3032 rejected:8.3.2011

DS-3032 re-emailed: 8.5.2011

DS-3032 generated: 8.8.2011

AOS bill generated and paid: 8.8.2011

AOS bill appears as "paid": 8.9.2011

AOS package sent: 8.9.2011

AOS package delivered: 8.10.2011

DS-3032 accepted: 8.10.2011

IV bill received and payed: 8.12.2011

DS-230 sent: 8.13.2011

DS-230 delivered:

IV bill appears as "paid": 8.15.2011

IV packet accepted:

CC: 09.01.11

SIF: 09.02.11

Total time at NVC: I don't even know how to count that. Let's just say it was a big mess and now it's over!

Received interview notice: 09.13.11

INTERVIEW!!: 10.13.11

Visa Approved: 10.14.11

POE:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey OnMyWayID, can I have that email address? I think I will drop them a line too. Thanks!

(Actually, I called them too, but when I got nothing from the tier 1 person, I was discouraged and gave up.)

Sure.. The address is csc-ncsc-followup@dhs.gov

Here is the auto-response it gives:

Thank you for contacting the California Service Center National Customer Service Center (NCSC) Follow Up e-mail account. The purpose of this account is to assist petitioners, applicants or their authorized representatives who have contacted the NCSC number (1-800-375-5283) with an inquiry but feel their inquiry was not adequately addressed within 15 days or who feel that the response received from the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) was not sufficient. This auto reply message will serve as a record of our receiving your inquiry. The CSC NCSC Follow Up e-mail account will try to be responsive to all requests. However, please note that you will not receive a response to your inquiry if you did not first try to resolve your issue by contacting the NCSC, or if you are not the petitioner, applicant or a designated representative of the case you are inquiring about.

Also, please be informed that this email account is available to petitioners and/or their authorized representatives who have urgent inquiries involving Form I-129 "O" or "P" petition. Therefore, if your "O" or "P" petition inquiry relates to an emergency situation, it will not be necessary for you to contact the NCSC.

If you are asking for a status update you must contact the NCSC. We will not respond to your status update inquiry.

In order to assist you in a timely manner, please include the following information with your inquiry (Send a follow-up email including this information if it was not included in your first request to this e-mailbox):

· The service request management tool (SRMT) inquiry number that you were given when you called the NCSC,

o If you have called the NCSC and they informed you they are unable to complete a SRMT please provide a brief explanation.

· The date that you contacted the NCSC,

· Your name and receipt number and/or A-number, and

· If available, the name of the NCSC Customer Service Representative you spoke with.

The California Service Center will review your e-mail and respond through this e-mail account or through the US Postal Service.

If you feel the decision on your case was made in error, to protect your rights you must follow the regulations and file any necessary motion or appeal within the allotted timeframe.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Hey Saylin! Question for ya:

I'm on the payment portal - I paid the AOS Fee, submitted my I-864 and filled out the Choice of Agent form. (Choice of Agent/DS-261 was filled out on the 11th).

So, for the past... oh 3 or 4 days now... I see next to "IV Application Processing Fees" it reads "Pay" as a blue hyperlink. When I click on it all I see is the 88 dollars I've already paid for the AOS fee, and the place (I'm assuming) the IV packet fee will be present is blank! No name, etc below the bold words "Applicant's Name" etc. Ultimately, no 404 fee!

I've called off and on... and all I get is "Why are you trying to pay before you get a bill?"

To which I ask: Why am I getting the option to "Pay" before I get a bill then?! It used to have "Not Paid" in blue, but not a hyperlink... it's only changed a few days ago! =S

Any experience with the process past the DS-261? It's already been 5 business days as of today and still I can't pay! =S

(As reference: http://i128.photobuc...Vscreenshot.jpg )

Hi :)

That's definitely weird. Have you tried both links for the bill? https://ceac.state.gov/CTRAC/Invoice/signon.aspx and https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx?signout=true I believe the second link when you click on pay it brings you to the first link, but wondering if you've tried both links to see if it makes any difference.

Question for you: Has the AVR updated saying the Choice of Agent form was accepted?

Neither my husband or I got emails with invoices for bills. As soon as my husband saw the bills were available to be paid on the payment portal, he paid them. We weren't waiting for an email saying we could pay.

Timeline

Haven't checked the AVR I didn't know it kept updating after =O lol... Will try that... but yeah it says "Pay" but nothing there. Also yes I have checked both links! (link 21 and 24 in your wiki, I remember by heart now! lol)

Timeline

Haven't checked the AVR..

Just called, it says they've accepted my form! Will check tonight and if still nothing there will call and see if I can talk to a supervisor! Thanks Saylin for the share of experience!

Just called, it says they've accepted my form! Will check tonight and if still nothing there will call and see if I can talk to a supervisor! Thanks Saylin for the share of experience!

Well, usually, a day or two after they accept it, then the IV bill gets generated. Apparently, it's generated for you, but you're unable to pay. What browser are you using?

Filed: Timeline

Hi Saylin/,

got the sign in failed message today. have not heard anything from NVC via email and still the AVR plays the old message.

see below message, this is what i got.

Sign In Failed

Please be advised that the case that you have attempted to access is not eligible for further processing by the National Visa Center at this time. Please click on the Contact the NVC hyperlink if you believe that you have received this message in error.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Saylin/,

got the sign in failed message today. have not heard anything from NVC via email and still the AVR plays the old message.

Sign In Failed

Please be advised that the case that you have attempted to access is not eligible for further processing by the National Visa Center at this time. Please click on the Contact the NVC hyperlink if you believe that you have received this message in error.

Congrats by tomorrow speak with the operator and confirm case closed. Sometime end of this week or second week of august you will get the interview date. Which will probably be for september

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thank you & hoping for a early August interview.

Has your interview been scheduled?

Not scheduled yet,From my estimate i should hear something by next week friday. Which consulate in India are you dealing with? The consulate that serves my wife's area is Mumbai(Bombay) and they are packed for the month of august.

Edited by Faizan and Ruby

Hi Saylin/,

Sign In Failed

Grats on the SIF and CC. Please remember, you will NOT get a CC email. Only those doing EP gets this email. You have to rely on an operator and/or the AVR to know when your case is complete. The next and last email you're getting is of your interview date.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I just got the AOS bill this morning. I was able to logon and pay a couple of hours later.

Now how long until the IV bill is generated? Is it dependent on accepting the AOS?

N-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

10/20/14...N-400 mailed to Phoenix
--/--/14.. N-400 packet received
--/--/14... Check cashed
--/--/14... NOA1 received (Priority Date 10/10/14)
---/---/14... Biometrics Letter received (Bio set for --/--/14)
---/---/14... Early walk-in for Biometrics (Tampa FL)
---/---/14... In line for interview
---/---/14... Interview completed
---/---/14... Oath letter received
---/---/14... Oath Ceremony!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.