JoeR

Bring my lady to America

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I just stumbled upon this forum. I wish I knew it existed earlier. I am so fearful of being taken for a scam.

I think I have been careful and have done everything right, spent some time with the wonderful lady I met online in the Philippines. Of course, she was just laid off and needed financial help if we were to have her come to visit me in America (Virginia). So I jumped in to taking the leap of faith with the known risk.

Long story short now. I had hre scan the recent documents so I had something to verify. I got her new NBI certificate, Manila police clearance, passport, and medical certificate. She is now staying with her parents in Manila and about to put in her application for a tourist visa. Since she lost her job, she tells me she needs about $600 for a business certificate. The plan is she and her mother would set up a little side business proving she has a job at home. With this in hand finally, we expect the application to be processed and schedule an interview.

Does this pattern seem correct to you? What else should I be looking for? Is there a link that has a know true copy of the above mentioned documents that I can compare to? Oh, she also says she needs $2900 in a bank account to show during the interview for the ticket purchase, etc.

Thank you all for your help here. I am very excited to see my (hopefully) future wife.

Joe

I just stumbled upon this forum. I wish I knew it existed earlier. I am so fearful of being taken for a scam.

I think I have been careful and have done everything right, spent some time with the wonderful lady I met online in the Philippines. Of course, she was just laid off and needed financial help if we were to have her come to visit me in America (Virginia). So I jumped in to taking the leap of faith with the known risk.

Long story short now. I had hre scan the recent documents so I had something to verify. I got her new NBI certificate, Manila police clearance, passport, and medical certificate. She is now staying with her parents in Manila and about to put in her application for a tourist visa. Since she lost her job, she tells me she needs about $600 for a business certificate. The plan is she and her mother would set up a little side business proving she has a job at home. With this in hand finally, we expect the application to be processed and schedule an interview.

Does this pattern seem correct to you? What else should I be looking for? Is there a link that has a know true copy of the above mentioned documents that I can compare to? Oh, she also says she needs $2900 in a bank account to show during the interview for the ticket purchase, etc. (SCAM ALERT)

Thank you all for your help here. I am very excited to see my (hopefully) future wife.

Joe

Joe, with all due respect, I hope you've not sent any money to her. This has SCAM written all over it! Anything and everything can be duplicated in the Philippines. It sounds like you've not submitted the petition yet. If this is the case, good for you! Anytime a relationship begins with the petitioner or USC being asked for money is a huge indication that it is a SCAMMER! Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of Filipinas out there who are genuine and have good intentions, but, please cut off all communications from this one!

If you've met this gal in one of those online dating websites, you have the capability of reporting her as a scammer.

Edited by dindo and patty

Philippians 4:13...I can do all things through Christ who strengthens meGC Received: 02/04/2012

Useful Links for K-1 Visa Petition for USEM Philippines:

Packet 3 for K-1: http://photos.state....3__rtf2_001.pdf

St Luke's Website: http://www.slec.ph/u...ml#clinic-hours

Link to Schedule Interview: http://cgifederal.force.com/

CFO Website for Seminar: http://www.cfo.gov.p...onals&catid=140

Povery Guideline: http://www.uscis.gov...form/i-864p.pdf

Website to Download DS 156, 156K, & 157: http://travel.state....forms_1342.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Joe, with all due respect, I hope you've not sent any money to her. This has SCAM written all over it! Anything and everything can be duplicated in the Philippines. It sounds like you've not submitted the petition yet. If this is the case, good for you! Anytime a relationship begins with the petitioner or USC being asked for money is a huge indication that it is a SCAMMER! Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of Filipinas out there who are genuine and have good intentions, but, please cut off all communications from this one!

If you've met this gal in one of those online dating websites, you have the capability of reporting her as a scammer.

WOW. This is not Normal and I agree with this Post. Are you sure that money you sent was used for a Passport, Medical, Police Clearance. ? $ A business. Why, if planning on coming here. $2,900.00 for a plane ticket. OH PLEASE !

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Timeline

WOW. This is not Normal and I agree with this Post. Are you sure that money you sent was used for a Passport, Medical, Police Clearance. ? $ A business. Why, if planning on coming here. $2,900.00 for a plane ticket. OH PLEASE !

She can't get a Tourist Visa anyway unless Fruads her way through going through the steps required for a K-1 Petition anyway. So wipe the Chocolate Pie off your Face and dump this one.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Filed: Timeline

Does this pattern seem correct to you? What else should I be looking for? Is there a link that has a know true copy of the above mentioned documents that I can compare to? Oh, she also says she needs $2900 in a bank account to show during the interview for the ticket purchase, etc.

Joe

Lets presume that this is not a scam.

This is still not going to work. She is not going to get a visitor visa to come to the US to meet you for the first time. The US Embassy is fully aware that people will transfer money to make it look like the intending visitor has sufficient ties to their home country. She will be asked to document where the money came from. If she lies, she is screwed and so are you. If she tells the truth, she is screwed and will not get a visa either.

In order for a person to get a visitor visa, the person must show strong ties to his/her home country. We don't want people coming to the US on visitor visas who overstay and become illegal immigrants. Every foreign national who enters the US is presumed to want to immigrate. She needs to demonstrate that she has sufficient ties to the Philippines that would make it difficult for her to abandon those ties by overstaying in the US. If she needs your money, then what are her real economic ties to the Philippines? None.

If you want this woman to be your wife, why don't you travel to the Philippines to meet her?

Edited by Jojo92122

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Joe

Does she want access to this $2900.00? How often have you seen her in person?

In my opinion is sounds a little fishy....but again that is just my opinion.

March 2010-We met

3/24/10-4/3/10 Mark's first visit to the US

6/8/10-6/29/10 Mark's second visit to the US

June 2010 We got engaged!

10/6/10-10/16/10 Mark's Third trip to US and our wedding

12/23/10-1/21/10 Mark's fourth trip to US

3/18/11-3/30/11 My first trip to the UK

5/18/11-5/26/11 Mark makes his 5th trip to the US

7/26/11-8/13/11 My hubby is coming out to see me again!! 6th Trip

9/27/11-10/15/11 7th trip to the US for my husband

3/8/11 - Sent I-130 Application

3/9/11 - USCIS received application

3/11/11 - Received NOA1

3/14/11 - Check cashed

3/14/11 - Touched

7/13/11- RFE

7/19/11- RFE sent via USPS over night

7/29/11 - NOA2

8/8/11- NVC Received Case

9/7/11 - Case # and IIN # assigned

9/9/11- Paid AOS fee of $88.00

10/11/11 - NVC Received AOS package

10/14/11 - NVC approved I-864 AOS package

9/13/11 - IV bill received

10/29/11 - IV bill fee paid

12/01/11 - IV packet mailed

12/14/11 - Case complete!!

01/31/12 - Medical Exam

02/07/12 - Interview-Approved!!

03/14/12 - POE - Dallas, TX

Timeline

Does she want access to this $2900.00? How often have you seen her in person?

In my opinion is sounds a little fishy....but again that is just my opinion.

Myself, I will book the flight after approved. Not send Money to her to book the flight. Use my Debit/Credit Card for these transactions.

I almost think from your post that if you were to fly to Phils, she would ask for money to meet you. (There are stories that they never will be there and your in the lonely heart motel alone)

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Filed: Other Timeline

I googled "scam of the century" and your post came up.

Little hint: if you get in contact with a lady and the first thing she asks you for is a lot of money, stop typing or hang up the phone.

There are currently over 310 million people living in the US, many of them Filipinas (if that's what rocks your boat); thus I'm sure one of them will make a fabulous spouse to you without the cost of getting her in to the US and the nightmares of getting her out of your life involved.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Timeline

Joe

All these Exams and Police Certs have a expiration date. The process takes about 8 months at least. So, waste of money. You can't get a Medical without a MNL Number anyway. MY GOD MAN. I pretty sure. But, you already paid for it. ? SCAM

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I googled "scam of the century" and your post came up.

Little hint: if you get in contact with a lady and the first thing she asks you for is a lot of money, stop typing or hang up the phone.

There are currently over 310 million people living in the US, many of them Filipinas (if that's what rocks your boat); thus I'm sure one of them will make a fabulous spouse to you without the cost of getting her in to the US and the nightmares of getting her out of your life involved.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

March 2010-We met

3/24/10-4/3/10 Mark's first visit to the US

6/8/10-6/29/10 Mark's second visit to the US

June 2010 We got engaged!

10/6/10-10/16/10 Mark's Third trip to US and our wedding

12/23/10-1/21/10 Mark's fourth trip to US

3/18/11-3/30/11 My first trip to the UK

5/18/11-5/26/11 Mark makes his 5th trip to the US

7/26/11-8/13/11 My hubby is coming out to see me again!! 6th Trip

9/27/11-10/15/11 7th trip to the US for my husband

3/8/11 - Sent I-130 Application

3/9/11 - USCIS received application

3/11/11 - Received NOA1

3/14/11 - Check cashed

3/14/11 - Touched

7/13/11- RFE

7/19/11- RFE sent via USPS over night

7/29/11 - NOA2

8/8/11- NVC Received Case

9/7/11 - Case # and IIN # assigned

9/9/11- Paid AOS fee of $88.00

10/11/11 - NVC Received AOS package

10/14/11 - NVC approved I-864 AOS package

9/13/11 - IV bill received

10/29/11 - IV bill fee paid

12/01/11 - IV packet mailed

12/14/11 - Case complete!!

01/31/12 - Medical Exam

02/07/12 - Interview-Approved!!

03/14/12 - POE - Dallas, TX

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yes, I agree with the others it sounds like a scam. But that aside, the chances of a single, young Philippina lady getting a tourist visa are slim. Money in the bank doesn't matter much- it can easily be transfered back out- what she needs is ties to her home country; a good job, enrollment in university, leaving a kid behind. Even then, the country she is from means it would be very difficult to get a tourist visa.

If, after reading these posts, you still think she is not a scammer, suggest to her that you meet her in her country, and DO NOT give her any money until you have met in person. You may also want to suggest that you are considering moving permanently to her country, see how she reacts to that.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It is quite funny, in a sick sort of way,

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Seems like a lot of money to me. How much money have you already sent her? A good Filipina will not ask for money especially that much money. Check out the wesite www.dragonladies.org to see what types of romance scams are committed so that you can avoid them in the future. There really are so many really nice Filipinas out there, but you just have watch out for the scammers that exist online. You will really find a true gem of a lady if you know what to look for. In my opinion, something doesn't seem right at all with the current woman your with. Already asking you for thousands of dollars even before you meet her. Classic Scam. Move on, but don't stop looking for the real deal. Good luck. I know it might be devastating to hear all of these things and to be told what this girl is really about, but we have no motives just only to inform you of known facts.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

So she lost her job and now you're the only online person she's asked for money? Do yourself a favor, take a nice vacation and if you happen to go to the Philippines and meet this girl it would probably be more worth than spending 2900$ for a visa that's most likely to be denied, and 600$ for a business diploma so it looks good for the embassy to look at.

And if she gets "cold feet" out of a sudden I reckon your instincts were right when searching on Visa Journey for answers. Good luck, and I hope you'll stumble upon love : )

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

lol.... no offence, but what web site is this where ppl keep on meeting philip single girls, who are willing to immigrate to totally different country with no knowledge who the persons are on either end of the computers.

Dude - unfortunately most of these are scams or they would come to US and figure out cannot adjust to the lifestyle and culture here and end up relation taking nasty turns.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.