Tarjeta Verde

I-751 July 2011 Filers

1,305 posts in this topic

I just read some of the discussions on this forum, and realized that apparently they pick on couples who don't have kids and/or jointly-owned properties after 2 years of marriage! So, we're one of them and we've been renting the same apartment ever since I arrived.

Cindy & Ed

Well #######, really hoping that's not the case, because we are TRYING to get pregnant, but after two years have only been pregnant once and it ended at 8 weeks :angry: We are 41 and 45 so havin' a baby isn't quite as easy as it would have been 20 years ago.

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

RoC seems very quiet... :( Oh well.

I just read some of the discussions on this forum, and realized that apparently they pick on couples who don't have kids and/or jointly-owned properties after 2 years of marriage!

I hope this isn't true...

Well #######, really hoping that's not the case, because we are TRYING to get pregnant, but after two years have only been pregnant once and it ended at 8 weeks :angry: We are 41 and 45 so havin' a baby isn't quite as easy as it would have been 20 years ago.

I'm with ya...

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

the baby thing is absurd but you have probably submitted not enough evidence to prove you're together, im thinking that should be it, they cant tell people when or if to have babies or not, but they do care if you filled taxes together, have place to live on both names, bills and that kind of stuff...

Good luck to you and hopefully sooner approval

I just read some of the discussions on this forum, and realized that apparently they pick on couples who don't have kids and/or jointly-owned properties after 2 years of marriage! So, we're one of them and we've been renting the same apartment ever since I arrived.

We've already asked our leasing agency to add my name to the lease, so do we still need to explain why we didn't submit it originally?

There's a bolded line on the RFE that says:

Pursuant to 8 C.F.R. 103.2(b)(11) failure to submit ALL evidence requested at one time may result in the denial of your application.

Since the RFE doesn't specify any particular evidence, and they've enclosed a letter-sized envelope, we're wondering whether we should resend copies of all of the documents that we originally submitted?

My gut feeling tells me that a complete pack of info would help the examiner's assessment, so hopefully it'll be approved faster.

However, this means we'll have to use our own bigger envelope. Is it ok to do so?

It's been a long and frustrating process for me, so any advice will be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you all :)

Cindy & Ed

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

ed+cindy,

looks like you've gotten some good advice in the RFE thread. i think what you are adding (joint lease, driver's licenses, etc) will probably sort out the RFE. and i don't think the envelope is as important as the contents of the envelope.

we will keep our fingers crossed for a quick road to an approval for you!

it does remind me that i should not be so confident about our ROC packet. we also have no kids, no property (house, car, anything really), no 401K, no life insurance, not even the same last name..... we sort of just get by on bicycles and small paychecks. while i guess we have a few things going for us (joint lease, joint utility bills, joint bank account, and quite a bit love), my positive thinking is slowly eroding as the weeks pass. the idea of a relatively simple approval is giving way to the stressful possibility of an RFE. in part because i am a bit dense when it comes to finances and while i thought we had been filing jointly for our taxes, we weren't. USCIS will probably find that suspect. i wrote a little note that said 'taxes are not my strong suit, thought we filed jointly, mea culpa, next year, etc'.

but, i suppose that an RFE is not the end of the world. but it sounds upsetting/frustrating/scary. <sigh>

anyways, keep us posted. and best of luck!

xx.

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

16 jul 11 : i-751 sent to VSC (fedex)

18 jul 11 : fedex confirmed delivery; NOA1 generated

20 jul 11 : NOA1 notice rec'd; check cashed; touch

26 jul 11 : NOA2 generated

28 jul 11 : NOA2 biometrics appt letter rec'd

29 jul 11 : letter req biometrics appt rescheduling sent

09 aug 11 : biometrics appt (could not attend); NOA3 generated

11 aug 11 : NOA3 (rescheduled) biometrics appt letter rec'd

24 aug 11 : biometrics appt

14 oct 11 : conditional green card expiry date

16 nov 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR online

18 nov 11 : mailed i-865 for USC

22 nov 11 : moved house; NOA4 change of address for USC rec'd

13 dec 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR by phone

29 dec 11 : filed hardcopy AR-11 for LPR by mail

18 jan 12 : 6 month mark ROC

05 apr 12 : approval letter rec'd

16 jul 12 : n-400 filing window opens

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

ed+cindy,

looks like you've gotten some good advice in the RFE thread. i think what you are adding (joint lease, driver's licenses, etc) will probably sort out the RFE. and i don't think the envelope is as important as the contents of the envelope.

it does remind me that i should not be so confident about our ROC packet. we also have no kids, no property (house, car, anything really), no 401K, no life insurance, not even the same last name..... we sort of just get by on bicycles and small paychecks. while i guess we have a few things going for us (joint lease, joint utility bills, joint bank account, and quite a bit love), my positive thinking is slowly eroding as the weeks pass. the idea of a relatively simple approval is giving way to the stressful possibility of an RFE. in part because i am a bit dense when it comes to finances and while i thought we had been filing jointly for our taxes, we weren't. USCIS will probably find that suspect. i wrote a little note that said 'taxes are not my strong suit, thought we filed jointly, mea culpa, next year, etc'.

but, i suppose that an RFE is not the end of the world. but it sounds upsetting/frustrating/scary. <sigh>

xx.

Good luck to you!

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

ed+cindy,

xx.

I feel the same way, we don't have a house or insurance or anything that... the only thing that is different is the car.... but she is just on a learner's permit so no car insurance in both of our names :( I started off thinking everything is going to be quick and painless, but as the weeks go by an RFE seems to grow more and more likely. You are right getting an RFE isn't the end of the world, but I don't know what else I could show them and that concerns me a little. I guess this is one part of the process where older couples have it made... they have everything from stocks to a house but young people have next to nothing :(

Edited by freetv

Here you go, to ease some fears:

I was approved last week (May filer) with no RFE and I didn't feel like I submitted very much, either! What I did submit:

Joint lease (although there's actually four of us on the lease, and at the time of submission we'd only been there four months)

Joint tax returns (but not the official transcripts; just ones I'd printed off at home!)

Joint insurance forms/copies of insurance card

Joint bank account statements

Joint home renters' insurance

I did not submit any photos, we don't have any children together (yet), I don't drive and the car's only in my husband's name, no 401k and no joint utility bills (the utilities are actually under our housemates' names).

Really, the important things ARE evidence of living (the lease) and co-mingling of finances (tax returns, bank accounts). :)

I also feel USCIS may have taken our ages into consideration - we're only 25 and 28.

Edited by Alex & Rachel

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

I was approved last week (May filer) with no RFE and I didn't feel like I submitted very much, either! What I did submit:

Joint lease (although there's actually four of us on the lease, and at the time of submission we'd only been there four months)

Joint tax returns (but not the official transcripts; just ones I'd printed off at home!)

Joint insurance forms/copies of insurance card

Joint bank account statements

Joint home renters' insurance

I did not submit any photos, we don't have any children together (yet), I don't drive and the car's only in my husband's name, no 401k and no joint utility bills (the utilities are actually under our housemates' names).

Really, the important things ARE evidence of living (the lease) and co-mingling of finances (tax returns, bank accounts). :)

I also feel USCIS may have taken our ages into consideration - we're only 25 and 28.

congrats!

event.png

that is great news! yay for you both! and thanks for the comment. helps me to remember that there is no one way to get through this. well, except the visajourney way. <3

<hyper-ventilation, sleepless nights averted>

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

16 jul 11 : i-751 sent to VSC (fedex)

18 jul 11 : fedex confirmed delivery; NOA1 generated

20 jul 11 : NOA1 notice rec'd; check cashed; touch

26 jul 11 : NOA2 generated

28 jul 11 : NOA2 biometrics appt letter rec'd

29 jul 11 : letter req biometrics appt rescheduling sent

09 aug 11 : biometrics appt (could not attend); NOA3 generated

11 aug 11 : NOA3 (rescheduled) biometrics appt letter rec'd

24 aug 11 : biometrics appt

14 oct 11 : conditional green card expiry date

16 nov 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR online

18 nov 11 : mailed i-865 for USC

22 nov 11 : moved house; NOA4 change of address for USC rec'd

13 dec 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR by phone

29 dec 11 : filed hardcopy AR-11 for LPR by mail

18 jan 12 : 6 month mark ROC

05 apr 12 : approval letter rec'd

16 jul 12 : n-400 filing window opens

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

Hi guys been out of the loop for a little bit! Any good

News to share?

None on the greencard front for me :(

But we did move on the 29th (well half

Moved so no Internet) and

Our baby girl surprised us on the 4th :D so been busy busy busy!!

Only one problem I'm having is changing my address with USCIS!! Managed the first online part but couldn't do the second online part for the case pending. The form

Wouldn't let me submit it because of the " unrequired" not appropriate to me fields. Won't let me submit with those fields empty, won't accept none or n/a and I can't fill in the bit they want how they want because I don't have a lawyer preparing my case.

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

Where a French guy does it.

Our full time line is in our story on our profile.

K1

04-30-2008.......I-129F POSTED

05-01-2008....NOA1 (Touched 05-04-2008, Touched 04-07-2008)

09-23-2008....NOA2 Approved(See below for receipt of actual NOA2 and update in the USCIS System***)

01-13-2009....INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

06-12-2009.....AOS,EAD and AP Fedexed.

06-15-2009.....Signed for by J.CHYBA

06-18-2009.....NOA1 dated for AOS/AP/EAD

06-19-2009.....Check cleared

06-23-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD/AP

07-20-2009.....phoned helpline to report no biometrics appointment sent, Service request generated.

07-25-2009.....Recieved biometrics notice (generated on the 22nd june) for the 08-19-2009.

07-30-2009.....Did early walk in biometrics.

07-31-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD

08-06-2009.....Generated interview notice(received 08/10/09)

08-10-2009.....EAD/AP Approved

08-19-2009.....***NOA2 (Finally received after 6 Phone calls, 11 months late) :)

09-09-2009.....Aos interview.(APPROVED)first card production email

09-12-2009.....Welcome Notice Received.

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

News to share?

Only one problem I'm having is changing my address with USCIS!! Managed the first online part but couldn't do the second online part for the case pending. The form

Wouldn't let me submit it because of the " unrequired" not appropriate to me fields. Won't let me submit with those fields empty, won't accept none or n/a and I can't fill in the bit they want how they want because I don't have a lawyer preparing my case.

The best thing to do is to call them on customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. and do Ar-11 and mail it also .....try once again on line...:) hope this helps....................... :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

I decide to go to get a stamp in my passport instead of the letter from uscis, because I'm planning another trip abroad. So i went to the office in Newark, where they took away my expired GC :crying: They said I can't have both, my GC and stamp.. What a shame...I liked my picture on it)))

While i was waiting to be called, I noticed many couples who came for stamps and all of them were saying that 6 months past and they still have nothing... that made me concerned. I guess I have to be prepared for a longer wait than I thought(((

By the way, about RFE - in our case we don't have kids or common property and we didn't get any RFE. I think it's just a matter of luck!

Edited by Goodwife

fhmg8dp44.png

News to share?

Congratulations on the baby! Much better news than receiving a greencard. ;)

CSC are finally moving on with May so looks as if the rest of June and July approvals can't be too far behind now. :)

I can't understand why the change of address won't work on the USCIS site - so silly! It was working earlier this year.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

I updated the Estimate Approval Date column on the spreadsheet with updated info from September approvals. Unfortunately it increased CSC's approvals from 64 to 71 days and VSC from 134 to 149 days.

A positive for CSC filers there were 3 approvals for those who had August biometric appointments.

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

Congratulations on the baby! Much better news than receiving a greencard. ;)

CSC are finally moving on with May so looks as if the rest of June and July approvals can't be too far behind now. :)

I can't understand why the change of address won't work on the USCIS site - so silly! It was working earlier this year.

Thanks it is! :D

Think we may have sorted out change of address problem now but will have to check and keep fingers

Crossed. Yeah the online form is messed up. It has non required fields that are notbapplicable to all applicants. But even though it says non required. If you try to submit it with them blank it won't send the online form

Through. And won't accept na or

None etc. I just couldn't work out how to get around the box for the lawyer to fill in as we don't have one :/

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

Where a French guy does it.

Our full time line is in our story on our profile.

K1

04-30-2008.......I-129F POSTED

05-01-2008....NOA1 (Touched 05-04-2008, Touched 04-07-2008)

09-23-2008....NOA2 Approved(See below for receipt of actual NOA2 and update in the USCIS System***)

01-13-2009....INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

06-12-2009.....AOS,EAD and AP Fedexed.

06-15-2009.....Signed for by J.CHYBA

06-18-2009.....NOA1 dated for AOS/AP/EAD

06-19-2009.....Check cleared

06-23-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD/AP

07-20-2009.....phoned helpline to report no biometrics appointment sent, Service request generated.

07-25-2009.....Recieved biometrics notice (generated on the 22nd june) for the 08-19-2009.

07-30-2009.....Did early walk in biometrics.

07-31-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD

08-06-2009.....Generated interview notice(received 08/10/09)

08-10-2009.....EAD/AP Approved

08-19-2009.....***NOA2 (Finally received after 6 Phone calls, 11 months late) :)

09-09-2009.....Aos interview.(APPROVED)first card production email

09-12-2009.....Welcome Notice Received.

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.