dtc

will there be anather war with china ?

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

this one is out to all my vietnamese brothers , with all the problems that china military been making out in south china sea how much time do you think we have before the 4th indochina war begin . the first 3 wars actually kill a lot of vietnamese and badly damaged our country , will our country even survive this one? i been reading the new lately and unless chinese goverment

or vietnamese goverment back down in their stupid game of who own what islands lot of people gona die .

some time i wish that our race will not be this hardhead , of all the wars that we fought none of them made vietnam into a bigger country :(

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

this one is out to all my vietnamese brothers , with all the problems that china military been making out in south china sea how much time do you think we have before the 4th indochina war begin . the first 3 wars actually kill a lot of vietnamese and badly damaged our country , will our country even survive this one? i been reading the new lately and unless chinese goverment

or vietnamese goverment back down in their stupid game of who own what islands lot of people gona die .

some time i wish that our race will not be this hardhead , of all the wars that we fought none of them made vietnam into a bigger country :(

China policy is to make the world China. Their plan is to annex the world little by little. They do not have enough resources to feed their 1.2 billion citizens so they try to take from smaller countries such as Vietnam, Philippines, etc...

Look at the map. Their claimed maritime territory extend way beyond their border in what most countries, including the U.S. sees as international territory. They're just going to keep inching forward unless they are stop. I don't have anything against Chinese people, but their government has to to stop. F#ck them and the horse they rode in on.

Edited by hnguyen3k

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

China policy is to make the world China. Their plan is to annex the world little by little. They do not have enough resources to feed their 1.2 billion citizens so they try to take from smaller countries such as Vietnam, Philippines, etc...

Look at the map. Their claimed maritime territory extend way beyond their border in what most countries, including the U.S. sees as international territory. They're just going to keep inching forward unless they are stop. I don't have anything against Chinese people, but their government has to to stop. F#ck them and the horse they rode in on.

First of all this is in the wrong board... Second... The Chinese government is very smart and isn't going to risk anything that could halt their growth. About the "not enough resources" if Chinese wanted the same life as the u.s. they would use something like every resource in the world times 3... so they realize that expansion isn't the answer in the long run. I think the Chinese government is trying to use investments/exports to transition to domestic consumption which is sustainable. Once they make that transition they will most likely curb domestic demand through laws which are already showing up in many cities (1 dog, 1 car, etc etc) which makes it far more stable. The PROBLEM here (this is like 15-20 years away) is how do you tell people that the growth has been cool for about 25 years but it must now stop... and still hold on to your power? My answer: Increase education, freedoms, and make China the superpower. The leaders of China aren't stupid... if they play their cards right this transition can be long lasting and end totalitarian rule. NOW DO I BELIEVE THEY CAN DO IT ALL? Haha, no... I think China is going to hit a big problem in the next 5 years and social stability is going to be like hell.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Moving from ROC to Politics forum as not immigration related *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

US has Vietnam's back now. China cannot fight US.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

US has Vietnam's back now. China cannot fight US.

China can't even fight Vietnam. How're they going to fight U.S.?

Where'd you hear this from? Last I heard, U.S. didn't want to get involved and even if they do, it's because they want a piece of the pie.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

China should go for Outer Manchuria if anything.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outer_Manchuria

Outer Manchuria

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

U.S. is not going to war with China over the Spratly's. Forget that. Vietnam actually has a good argument and claim on the disputed area but lacks the power to do anything to stop China's march. Vietnam just needs to get over that they lack the muscle to do anything to thwart China's will. I expect Vietnam to be a province of China within 20 years. Who is going to stop them?

Timeline

U.S. is not going to war with China over the Spratly's. Forget that. Vietnam actually has a good argument and claim on the disputed area but lacks the power to do anything to stop China's march. Vietnam just needs to get over that they lack the muscle to do anything to thwart China's will. I expect Vietnam to be a province of China within 20 years. Who is going to stop them?

Vietnam will never be a province of china. Vietnam has kicked their #### before and they can do it again.

Timeline

Vietnam will never be a province of china. Vietnam has kicked their #### before and they can do it again.

Ok then I guess we will be seeing them kick China's azz then because China has stated to the U.S, that the area is theirs and for us to mind our own business. The U.S. will not go to war with China over this area. I read recently where Vietnam has asked the U.S. for help and of course we have said nothing. So since Vietnam is so powerful and all and can dominate any Chinese invasion then just do it.

The only chance that Vietnam has is that the Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand and Taiwan are also determined to thwart China's plans and each have started spending money on Naval stores and forces. Of course none of them are making any plans together so this usually means that China can divide and conquer these disparate forces. Luckily for the U.S. armament industry they are wanting our equipment but are also looking elsewhere also.

The only reason China stopped their invasion was Russia. Russia had a massive airlift of supplies and also kept a million and a half Chinese soldiers pinned along their shared border. The Chinese did practice a scorched earth policy and decimated the northern part of Vietnam. Of course Russia did not and would not send troops directly to Vietnam for obvious reasons. Border skirmishes continued through the 80's.Armed conflict ended in 1989 after Vietnam agreed to withdraw from Cambodia fully. After many years in 1999 a final agreement was reached resulting in Vietnam giving up land to China. They had to do this at Chinese insistence for them to agree to move their forces away from the border and stop crossing the border at will. There is still resentment in Vietnam over this land being given to China. There has been skirmishes in the Paracels and Spratlys which the Chinese always handily win. Recently they shadowed an exploration vessel from Vietnam and cut the instruments being towed by that ship and ran them back to the coast.

Now China knew the only way for them to keep Cambodia in their sphere of influence at that time meant a full scale invasion that also entailed them invading Laos and Cambodia that would leave them open to attack on their flanks and since they could only use less than superior troops would leave them hard pressed and vulnerable to attacks from Thailand on their flanks. Of course they could only do a punitive mission since their more superior troops were needed on the Russian borders. Now we all know that they have modernized their military forces a lot since that time where Vietnam has not. China can still at will go across the border there and raise havoc.

Vietnam learned a big lesson from last time and knows that Russia will not go into a major war over Vietnam with China. Vietnam has for time now been trying to buddy up to the U.S. but the U.S. has been tentative and made little noise. We know we will not go to war for Vietnam's interests. The south China seas is a major transit point and we could care less who keeps the peace there as long as there is peace there. China is now the sheriff of that area and control it so we are fat and happy. Vietnam could try and enlarge their Naval force but China can match them easily and surpass them with their new found wealth they receive from us Americans buying all the cheap ####### produce.

China may not make Vietnam a province but within 20 years Vietnam will only be in existence if China allows them to be. Vietnam will have to accommodate China in anything to survive in the future as well as any nation in that region. Thailand, Philippines, and maybe Indonesia may still be where we draw the line as we did back during the Vietnam war but that is if the U.S. can keep a strong military and Navy.

Now I ask again why should the U.S. have a major war with China over the Spratly's?

China is having trouble keeping its OWN people in line.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...acific-13763147

Edited by Boing!

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Timeline

Ok then I guess we will be seeing them kick China's azz then because China has stated to the U.S, that the area is theirs and for us to mind our own business. The U.S. will not go to war with China over this area. I read recently where Vietnam has asked the U.S. for help and of course we have said nothing. So since Vietnam is so powerful and all and can dominate any Chinese invasion then just do it.

The only chance that Vietnam has is that the Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand and Taiwan are also determined to thwart China's plans and each have started spending money on Naval stores and forces. Of course none of them are making any plans together so this usually means that China can divide and conquer these disparate forces. Luckily for the U.S. armament industry they are wanting our equipment but are also looking elsewhere also.

The only reason China stopped their invasion was Russia. Russia had a massive airlift of supplies and also kept a million and a half Chinese soldiers pinned along their shared border. The Chinese did practice a scorched earth policy and decimated the northern part of Vietnam. Of course Russia did not and would not send troops directly to Vietnam for obvious reasons. Border skirmishes continued through the 80's.Armed conflict ended in 1989 after Vietnam agreed to withdraw from Cambodia fully. After many years in 1999 a final agreement was reached resulting in Vietnam giving up land to China. They had to do this at Chinese insistence for them to agree to move their forces away from the border and stop crossing the border at will. There is still resentment in Vietnam over this land being given to China. There has been skirmishes in the Paracels and Spratlys which the Chinese always handily win. Recently they shadowed an exploration vessel from Vietnam and cut the instruments being towed by that ship and ran them back to the coast.

Now China knew the only way for them to keep Cambodia in their sphere of influence at that time meant a full scale invasion that also entailed them invading Laos and Cambodia that would leave them open to attack on their flanks and since they could only use less than superior troops would leave them hard pressed and vulnerable to attacks from Thailand on their flanks. Of course they could only do a punitive mission since their more superior troops were needed on the Russian borders. Now we all know that they have modernized their military forces a lot since that time where Vietnam has not. China can still at will go across the border there and raise havoc.

Vietnam learned a big lesson from last time and knows that Russia will not go into a major war over Vietnam with China. Vietnam has for time now been trying to buddy up to the U.S. but the U.S. has been tentative and made little noise. We know we will not go to war for Vietnam's interests. The south China seas is a major transit point and we could care less who keeps the peace there as long as there is peace there. China is now the sheriff of that area and control it so we are fat and happy. Vietnam could try and enlarge their Naval force but China can match them easily and surpass them with their new found wealth they receive from us Americans buying all the cheap ####### produce.

China may not make Vietnam a province but within 20 years Vietnam will only be in existence if China allows them to be. Vietnam will have to accommodate China in anything to survive in the future as well as any nation in that region. Thailand, Philippines, and maybe Indonesia may still be where we draw the line as we did back during the Vietnam war but that is if the U.S. can keep a strong military and Navy.

Now I ask again why should the U.S. have a major war with China over the Spratly's?

The U.S. does not agree with China. That much is clear. As a matter of fact, I don't know of any country that does. At the same time, the U.S. does not want to hurt relationship with China by siding with Vietnam if they have nothing to gain.

If Vietnam has support from the international community, that's great. If not, they can handle themselves against the Chinese.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Is Vietnam a member of ASEAN? Perhaps the matter could be settled there?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

The U.S. does not agree with China. That much is clear. As a matter of fact, I don't know of any country that does. At the same time, the U.S. does not want to hurt relationship with China by siding with Vietnam if they have nothing to gain.

If Vietnam has support from the international community, that's great. If not, they can handle themselves against the Chinese.

That is great that they can. Hopefully the next time they will not have to hand over too much more of their own country again to placate China next time.whistling.gif