Vi-Jay

Weiner's Messages to Teenage Girl in Delaware Draw Police Attention

69 posts in this topic

Dude, who gives a ** what you're buyin'? You were just

Owned-Dog_on_Cat.jpg

I'm guessing you jacked that pic from some teen site for internet thugs?

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It does reflect on his poor judgement, and poor judgement is bad politics.

Well yes, it was supposed to be a private sext, not a public tweet.

If he can't keep his private life separate from his public persona, perhaps he shouldn't be in politics.

That's about the extent of his poor judgement.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Well yes, it was supposed to be a private sext, not a public tweet.

If he can't keep his private life separate from his public persona, perhaps he shouldn't be in politics.

That's about the extent of his poor judgement.

I beg to differ. To quote Jackson Browne, our character is what we do when we think no one is looking. If he wasn't ashamed of his acts, he wouldn't have lied about them.

Weiner exhibited poor judgment and poor character in willfully sharing with women photos and tweets that he would not want his wife or his constituents to know about, then denying it. He knows that, even if you don't.

Edited by Sofiyya

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Weiner exhibited poor judgment and poor character in willfully sharing with women photos and tweets that he would not want his wife or his constituents to know about, then denying it. He knows that, even if you don't.

What if he was single? Something tells me you'd still think that what he did was morally wrong somehow.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

What if he was single? Something tells me you'd still think that what he did was morally wrong somehow.

I'm sure I haven't mentioned morality, but I also wouldn't eliminate it from the equation. Single or married, there is a fiduciary responsibility that persons in positions of power have that requires them to act in the best interest of their constituency.

Politicians, as legislators and administrators of the treasury, have a duty to build and maintain the trust that brought them into office by demonstrating a greater sense of responsibility than may be expected of Joe Blow. When they act selfishly and in ways that indicate that they have issues with impulse control, they erode the faith that was placed in them.

Weiner's wife has every right to decide what she needs to do to protect her interests since he has not, but, so do the voters in his district, and the members of his party who are ashamed to have him represent them. By extension, so do the rest of the citizenry via their 1st Amendment rights.

Politics is a glass house, as it should be. Politicians who forget that expose themselves to criticism about their actions and ability to lead, and rightly so. Whether they are judged on the level of their morality or their dedication to duty is neither here nor there. The bottom line is, in a democracy, we expect them to remember who put them there and who they answer to. Without that, we voluntarily abdicate our responsibility as citizens to regulate our leaders and we deserve whatever we get from that.

Edited by Sofiyya

I'm sure I haven't mentioned morality, but I also wouldn't eliminate it from the equation. Single or married, there is a fiduciary responsibility that persons in positions of power have that requires them to act in the best interest of their constituency.

Politicians, as legislators and administrators of the treasury, have a duty to build and maintain the trust that brought them into office by demonstrating a greater sense of responsibility than may be expected of Joe Blow. When they act selfishly and in ways that indicate that they have issues with impulse control, they erode the faith that was placed in them.

Weiner's wife has every right to decide what she needs to do to protect her interests since he has not, but, so do the voters in his district, and the members of his party who are ashamed to have him represent them. By extension, so do the rest of the citizenry via their 1st Amendment rights.

Politics is a glass house, as it should be. Politicians who forget that expose themselves to criticism about their actions and ability to lead, and rightly so. Whether they are judged on the level of their morality or their dedication to duty is neither here nor there. The bottom line is, in a democracy, we expect them to remember who put them there and who they answer to. Without that, we voluntarily abdicate our responsibility as citizens to regulate our leaders and we deserve whatever we get from that.

:thumbs:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I think the important thing for all of us to take from this is the reaction and handling of this by Weiner.

When first confronted with this he denied it. No big surprise. Then he blamed it on the right wing...Andrew Breitbart to be specific. Typical lefty reaction to everything. Anyone heard of the "vast right wing conspiracy", oh yeah that was Clinton's wife. I wonder what Weiner's wife says about it?

Weiner is a wounded, disgraced, left wing liberal that can have no influence on anything in congress. They are the best kind. If removed from office, he will be replaced by an un-wounded, un-disgraced left wing liberal. Not a good thing for the country.

Leave him in place where he can do the most "good".

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

I think the important thing for all of us to take from this is the reaction and handling of this by Weiner.

When first confronted with this he denied it. No big surprise. Then he blamed it on the right wing...Andrew Breitbart to be specific. Typical lefty reaction to everything. Anyone heard of the "vast right wing conspiracy", oh yeah that was Clinton's wife. I wonder what Weiner's wife says about it?

Weiner is a wounded, disgraced, left wing liberal that can have no influence on anything in congress. They are the best kind. If removed from office, he will be replaced by an un-wounded, un-disgraced left wing liberal. Not a good thing for the country.

Leave him in place where he can do the most "good".

Well since you put it that way. :thumbs: