13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Just got a request for initial interview.The problem is the request for vaccination records. I thought that they would be in the sealed brown envelope with her medical exam she had in Kiev. But my wife says that she is sure that the doctor said that they were not. 1st question. Who can I contact to see if the records were in the sealed packet? ( interview is in Spokane Wa. ) 2nd question. Will a copy of a email or a faxed copy of her records from Ukraine be sufficient? If not what will I need to do ?

Just got a request for initial interview.The problem is the request for vaccination records. I thought that they would be in the sealed brown envelope with her medical exam she had in Kiev. But my wife says that she is sure that the doctor said that they were not. 1st question. Who can I contact to see if the records were in the sealed packet? ( interview is in Spokane Wa. ) 2nd question. Will a copy of a email or a faxed copy of her records from Ukraine be sufficient? If not what will I need to do ?

Did you get an RFE from USCIS for the medical exam/vaccination documentation? If so, you might find it easier to identify a local Civil Surgeon and repeat the exercise in the interest of time. USCIS does not bend on this requirement and likely will not accept an e-mail or fax. You stated above that the vaccination docs were not included, so you should consider the above advice. Expect to invest around $200 for the exam, vaccination transfer and the sealed medical document package. Well worth the effort.

Edited by William33

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

What exactly is RFE asking for? Just vaccination records or complete medical? If it's just vaccinations, then you will need to find a civil surgeon and have her records transcribed to I-693, then send the sealed envelope to USCIS. You should not need to spend $200, most CSs usually charge $25-$50 for that but you have to find one that is willing to do just the vaccinations part, without the medical.

My Immigration Journey:

K1: June 2010 - December 2010

AOS: April 2011 - June 2011

ROC: April 2013 - August 2013

Naturalization: March 2014 - August 2014

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am a little confused by what you wrote. You don't mention an RFE, but an interview. Are you saying you got an interview letter for the I-485? There are items listed on the letter to bring, unless you provided them, and you are trying to recall if the vaccination records were provided already?

Your wife should have gotten a DS-3025 at her medical to keep for herself. It would have listed all her vaccinations and if the list was complete or incomplete. You could ask the Dr she went to if they could send you a copy of that form.

It would be best to call around to civil surgeons in your area to find one that will transcribe the vaccinations for you to an I-693. If you did not send in the DS-3025 or an I-693 with your AOS submission, then you will need to provide this at your interview. She must have proof she has gotten all the shots she needs.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Timeline

We received a I-797C, notice of action. It says " request for applicant to appear for initial interview ". Then it reads " YOU MUST BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WITH YOU " A completed medical examination (form I-693) and vaccination supplement in a sealed envelope (unless already submitted) I'll look in her papers again , but I don't think she got a form of any kind from the doctor in Ukraine. Our plans are to have her mother go to the hospital and retrieve her vaccination records and then have them sent to us. We have 1 month until interview.

Timeline

We received a I-797C, notice of action. It says " request for applicant to appear for initial interview ". Then it reads " YOU MUST BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WITH YOU " A completed medical examination (form I-693) and vaccination supplement in a sealed envelope (unless already submitted) I'll look in her papers again , but I don't think she got a form of any kind from the doctor in Ukraine. Our plans are to have her mother go to the hospital and retrieve her vaccination records and then have them sent to us. We have 1 month until interview.

Then I did understand correctly. If you cannot get the DS-3025 from her medical, then yes, get her records from growing up. Call around to civil surgeons and tell them you only need the vaccinations portion filled out, and NOT the whole medical. A lot will try and tell you that need it and charge you a lot, but for a K-1, you do not. It says so in the I-693 instructions. They should let you know what shots she is missing, if any. You should only pay $50 or less for the transcription, plus the cost of any shots she might get there. You need to fill out part 1, personal info about you, part 2, vaccinations section only, and part 5, where the CS signs it. They should give you a copy, and then seal it up in an envelope for you to take to the interview.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

(unless already submitted)** Your complete medical records would be in the brown envelope and thus already submitted. There would have been an RFE most likely if they weren't. That letter is a generic letter and not written specifically to you. I've seen K1s zero in on this statement before and it turned out to be a non-issue. It was written more for people adjusting from another visa and already living in the US when they started the whole petition thing. They don't have a medical exam in their records like you do. I personally would, at this point, go to the interview and see what happens. Then if there is indeed something missing, a live person can explain it to you. Then you can fix it. First find out if it's broke before you look for a fix. Just my opinion.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm with Nich-Nick on this one. Your medical was in the envelope handed in at POE or you would have been RFE'd. There's nothing to be concerned about. This is a generic letter sent for all AOS interviews

Timeline

I'm with Nich-Nick on this one. Your medical was in the envelope handed in at POE or you would have been RFE'd. There's nothing to be concerned about. This is a generic letter sent for all AOS interviews

If they sent in a copy of the DS-3025 or an I-693 with their AOS paperwork, then sure. It did not sound as if they did though. If they did, then no problem, and they do not need to bring it to the interview.

If they sent in a copy of the DS-3025 or an I-693 with their AOS paperwork, then sure. It did not sound as if they did though. If they did, then no problem, and they do not need to bring it to the interview.

If their DS3025 was filled out correctly with all required shots and included with the other medical forms in the brown envelope, that should be enough to get approval.

From p.4 of the I-693 instructions.

Even if a new medical examination is not required, you still must show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements.
If the vaccination record (DS-3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report,
you will have to have the vaccination report completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you are required to submit Part 1, Information About You, Part 2, the vaccination chart and Part 5, the Civil Surgeon's Certification, of Form I-693.

When we send in a photocopy of the DS3025, I think it's more of a reminder that we got complete at the medical abroad. I think they actually want it sealed from a doctor/ embassy/ POE...meaning not our photocopy. Depending on if the interview person is up on the instructions, he could certainly accept the DS3025 already in the file. And that DS3025 would have to have the shots listed properly, the results ticked "incomplete" AND "may be eligible for blanket waiver", and be signed.

My advice (and Vanessa's agreement) is that there is a very, very good chance that there is no medical issue at all. So we think going to the interview without worrying about it or spending more money is the best move for the OP. If it should turn out that something IS missing (a form, a shot, a signature) then the officer can tell them exactly what he requires of them to get his approval. No confusion or guessing. They do what he says and he approves the greencard.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

If their DS3025 was filled out correctly with all required shots and included with the other medical forms in the brown envelope, that should be enough to get approval.

From p.4 of the I-693 instructions.

Even if a new medical examination is not required, you still must show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements.
If the vaccination record (DS-3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report,
you will have to have the vaccination report completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you are required to submit Part 1, Information About You, Part 2, the vaccination chart and Part 5, the Civil Surgeon's Certification, of Form I-693.

When we send in a photocopy of the DS3025, I think it's more of a reminder that we got complete at the medical abroad. I think they actually want it sealed from a doctor/ embassy/ POE...meaning not our photocopy. Depending on if the interview person is up on the instructions, he could certainly accept the DS3025 already in the file. And that DS3025 would have to have the shots listed properly, the results ticked "incomplete" AND "may be eligible for blanket waiver", and be signed.

My advice (and Vanessa's agreement) is that there is a very, very good chance that there is no medical issue at all. So we think going to the interview without worrying about it or spending more money is the best move for the OP. If it should turn out that something IS missing (a form, a shot, a signature) then the officer can tell them exactly what he requires of them to get his approval. No confusion or guessing. They do what he says and he approves the greencard.

Ah, I see what you are saying. In which case, I take back what I said and also agree. :D

I was just going by what all the guides say to do for AOS, which included sending in a copy of the completed DS-3025 or an I-693.

I wish Mexico had been one of the countries that covers the vaccinations as well. They hand out a blank DS-3025.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.