88 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all

have been reading here for more than a year, and finally decided to move forward with our lives, so the k1 process is starting hoping to have all done and sent by this next week,

but i do have a few questions

1. i have seen her more than 8 times since 2009 but we do not have pictures together but we do have pics of each of us in same room so u see every thing is same in back ground,

but do have phone records, many plane stubs and copy of passport will that be enough as she is from the Philippines.

2. also packet is almost ready to go fingers crossed but very confused on where do i send it do i send it to the drop box location in tx as i am in seattle washington

thank u in advance

1. Pictures are really essential evidence for your primary evidences like your plane stubs. Primary evidence needs supporting documents to back it up. Pictures of you and her, you both and her family, you both with her friends; those are good pictures to show to the adjudicator that you have bonafide relationship.

2. Your K1 packet should be sent to Texas regardless of where you are in the US. It will be routed to California or Vermont depends on which state you came from.

You can go ahead and submit your K1 packet, but prolly be getting some RFE for the pictures? I dont know. Good luck! :)

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

Timeline

Hello all

have been reading here for more than a year, and finally decided to move forward with our lives, so the k1 process is starting hoping to have all done and sent by this next week,

1. i have seen her more than 8 times since 2009 but we do not have pictures together but we do have pics of each of us in same room so u see every thing is same in back ground,

but do have phone records, many plane stubs and copy of passport will that be enough as she is from the Philippines.

2. also packet is almost ready to go fingers crossed but very confused on where do i send it do i send it to the drop box location in tx as i am in seattle washington

thank u in advance

If I am the adjudicator, I am not 100% convinced that you 2 have met within the past 2 years or never been met in person at all. And will think that those pictures of each of you with the same background is just a "trick" cos I will wonder how come you 2 never had even a single pic together knowing you 2 are engaged. But then it doesn't hurt to give it a shot, who know's you will get your NOA2 really quick too! Good luck! :)

Sam's CRBA, US Passport, and SSN Journey

Nov. 2010: CRBA and US passport application sent(via Air21)

Dec. 08, 2010: Interview(DNA was recommended)

April 04, 2011: CRBA and US passport on hand

April 2011: SSN Application sent (mailed original docs thru 2GO)

April 29, 2011: SSN card on hand

My K1 Visa Journey

March 05, 2011: I-129F packet sent

March 14, 2011: NOA1

May 20, 2011: NOA2(approved in 67 days from NOA1, with no RFEs)

June 24, 2011: NVC received approved petition from USCIS

June 29, 2011: Approved original petition left NVC to US Embassy-Manila

July 15, 2011: Eligibility letter received from US Embassy-Manila(dated July 11, 2011)

October 26 - June 5, 2012: SLEC trap!!! (DOT tx to vaccine administration)

June 7, 2012: Interview (APPROVED!) :)

June 18, 2012: Visa picked up at the embassy

June 20, 2012: POE in Detroit

proud of my family

:)

Timeline

1. Pictures are really essential evidence for your primary evidences like your plane stubs. Primary evidence needs supporting documents to back it up. Pictures of you and her, you both and her family, you both with her friends; those are good pictures to show to the adjudicator that you have bonafide relationship.

2. Your K1 packet should be sent to Texas regardless of where you are in the US. It will be routed to California or Vermont depends on which state you came from.

You can go ahead and submit your K1 packet, but prolly be getting some RFE for the pictures? I dont know. Good luck! :)

I agree pics are primary (meaning to me mandatory) evidence. Not 1 pic together in 8 visits?

I believe sending in a petition now will be a waste and surely result in a RFE. Once a RFE is received, you have a limited amount of time to correct this. You will then have to travel back for pics (6-8 pics are fine). Everything I have read here on VJ says pics are needed.

Maybe someone out there has had this issue and can give some insight to what happened and if there is anyway around this.

Best wishes and good luck.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree with Kish & Gary's reply. Your going back to 2009 and it's 2011. Time is Important. UNLESS you have intentions of going back to the Philipphines and get what is Required (Pictures) I forsee a RFE as well.

Just a thought: Are you sure that someone besides yourself did'nt take a couple of pictures ? (Family member, friend even with a Cell Phone Camera)

After 2 years or maybe almost 2 years this evidence will be hard to get. (pictures)

Phone bills, Boarding Passes to the Philipphines, etc. will not prove you were together.

As you said: I been here a year studying VJ. You know already what the Answer will most likely be.

Good Luck

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

I agree pics are primary (meaning to me mandatory) evidence. Not 1 pic together in 8 visits?

I believe sending in a petition now will be a waste and surely result in a RFE. Once a RFE is received, you have a limited amount of time to correct this. You will then have to travel back for pics (6-8 pics are fine). Everything I have read here on VJ says pics are needed.

Maybe someone out there has had this issue and can give some insight to what happened and if there is anyway around this.

Best wishes and good luck.

There are a few here that insist that some have gotten NOA2 with 1 or no pics, but I wouldn't suggest it cause then like others have said, it brings up questions, and certainly then you will need to show a lot of good proof to convince the adjucator.

Then at the interview stage they certainly want to see pics.

I mean what comes straight to my mind is that if you met so many times why do you have no pics together, that seems kind of strange. So I imagine the same thought would come up in the adjucators mind.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Hello all

thank u in advance

You've been with her 8 times and not even a single photo of you together??That's kinda weird. Pictures is the number one proof that the embassy will ask from you. You can give it a try but i hope they will give u a positive outcome which i really doubt.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello all

thank u in advance

Phone records are ok for evidence of a relationship, but you don't have to prove you have a relationship with the petition. You have to prove you've met within the past two years. Boarding passes, visas, and entry/exit stamps help prove you traveled to the beneficiary's country. It doesn't sound like you have any evidence to help prove you actually met each other while you were there. Pictures of each of you in the same room are useless. I've got a picture of me in San Francisco airport. I've also got a picture of Cameron Diaz in San Francisco airport. Based on that alone, would you believe I had actually met her? Unless you've got some evidence that puts both of you in the same place at the same time then the adjudicator is free to conclude you didn't actually meet. It doesn't absolutely have to be photos. A hotel receipt with both of your names on it, or boarding passes with names on them showing you both took the same plane or train somewhere would be a big help.

All petitions go to the lockbox facility in Texas, regardless of where you live. They will process your petition into the system and then send it to a service center for adjudication.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I agree that meeting 8 times and not a single photo would be suspicious to the CO; most couples WANT photos to remind themselves of happy times when they are apart. Is there a religious reason or something you cannot be photographed together? if not, did you ever go to parties together or meet her family? They may have taken photos of you two together.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kyrgyzstan
Timeline

I would certainly be perplexed if I were to review a case of a couple who has been together for two years, met eight times, and not taken a single photo together. Of course, everyone has different circumstances and preferences, but if no photos of you two together exist after all of that time together, it will probably send up some red flags.

Timeline

think u for all the replys, well every one does not like pictures i hate pictures of myself so i never take pics so no that is not so strange we do not have pics together she has many of me when im not looking though lol

do pictures have to be sent in with the i-129f or are they needed for the interview ?

thanks again for all the replys

Timeline

actually i have been to see her around 18 times i just hate pics i have plenty of proof other wise passport, phone calls, plane tickets, yes so many times but want to make sure this is the person i wanted to spend my life with.

So are the pictures only needed at the interview am i correct if so np just gives me another reason to go see her :)

think u for all the replys, well every one does not like pictures i hate pictures of myself so i never take pics so no that is not so strange we do not have pics together she has many of me when im not looking though lol

do pictures have to be sent in with the i-129f or are they needed for the interview ?

thanks again for all the replys

Yeah some people don't like their pictures taken but you know some things, like this requires some sacrifice. ;) Yeah 4 or so pictures withing 2 years, with the I-129F is what they recommend.

For the interview they want to see your ongoing relationship and each embassy and CO is different, and yes original pictures and newer evidence of ongoing relationship is recommended.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Photos together are common and good but they are not primary evidence of meeting within the two years preceding the filing of the petition. USCIS has set a precedent of accepting passport stamps and boarding passes showing the couple were simply in the same country, as sufficient evidence of meeting in person. Including photos together appears nowhere in the I-129F instructions as a requirement.

I would go ahead and file the petition without photos together and expect no "meeting" problems with the petition approval as long as there is primary evidence the US Citizen was in the foreign fiancee's country of residence or citizenship within the two years prior to filing.

All that said, petition approval is NOT a visa. I would plan another visit or two and make sure there are plenty of photos of the couple together and if possible, together with other family members. Take these photos to the interview as part of your evidence of a bona fide ongoing relationship.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.