sjvr

Facebook Status?

26 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hey All, final touches to the petition. And one thing is popping out .. Our Facebook status is currently in a relationship not engaged- why? Because not everyone needs to know our business, especially the duress of putting forth immigration papers. I am submitting pictures with stamp dates from my album and wall posts that are very clear to show we are involved.

However, we both made the conscious decision to keep our relationship status as is until my fiancée arrived to the states, I've seen too many people want to ruin a good thing, ask too many questions, or just wish you ill, the last thing we want right now is bad vibes.

Do you think it's bad I will submit my profile as evidence of an on-going relationship - shows my fiancée and I share daily quotes, daily i love you's to each other but doesn't say engaged??

~Lo que es para ti nadie te lo quita- What is meant for you no one will ever take away.~

?/?/1992- I relocated to Ecuador when I was 12 yrs. old, and throughout my time there, met my now fiancée then first boyfriend. We dated on and off even after I returned to the US. Then we split as childhood relationships tend to.

10/3/2009- I went back to Ecua after 14 years and we reconnected, got back together one day after my arrival. I was now 31.

1/3/2010- I returned to be with my sweetheart, and ensure myself this was it, result-it was ok to let the heart lead.

9/23/2010- Ecua bound once more

10/27/2010- He proposed while I was in Ecuador =)

6/21/2011- Received our NOA1!

10/5/2011- Received Noa2

2012 fiancé arrived we married ~ best decision ever

8/2012 applied for AOS

9/2012 RFE 1 for not translating birth certificate

6/2013 RFE 2 for a mistaken blank space under spouse name and vaccination record

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

me and my fiance's status is Married,We just agreed to put this status coz there are buggers sometimes who wants to ruin one good relationship. do u think it will affect our K1petition? :unsure:

Edited by otey918

3-23-2011- i129f sent

3-24-2011- check encash

3-29-2011- NOA1

6-17-2011- RFE

7-01-2011- RFE sent

7-05-2011- RFE rcvd/Response review

7-14-2011- NOA2

[/b][/color]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

me and my fiance's status is Married,We just agreed to put this status coz there are buggers sometimes who wants to ruin one good relationship. do u think it will affect our K1petition? :unsure:

We actually changed ours as our relationship changed...except we didnt begin making the change at first...we waited to make the *in relationship* status until we had family approval.... then once we had thier blessing to marry we changed to engaged and then married right after our nikah....but im sure if you simply created pdf files or copies of the pages of the content without having to show the extras that would be all they need to see... :) good luck!!! and isnt FB Great? ;)

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

On facebook you can always 'hide' ur relatioship status to others, do that and then change into 'engaged'.. and if YOU go to your profile to print it out you will see your relationship status, but nobody else will.

If you definitely dont want anyone else to find out about ur engagement, your fiance will have to 'hide' it as well....

you can do this just to print ur profile and then go back to in a relationship if u wish!

I did exactly the same, my relationship status is hidden from others! Good luck!!

K1 visa
Filed I-129: Dec 3rd 2010
Interview: July 6th 2011 APPROVED!

AOS
Filed: Oct 4th 2011
AOS Interview: Feb 7th 2012 - RFE sad.png
AOS Approved: Feb 9th - without sending RFE
Green Card received: Feb 17th smile.png

ROC

Filed: Nov 13th 2013

Approved: March 13th 2014

Timeline

Great, thank you for your insight :) Dam I used to read right on this blog of folks freaking out right before submitting and now.. well look at that.. I'm freaking out!!! :) lol

~Lo que es para ti nadie te lo quita- What is meant for you no one will ever take away.~

?/?/1992- I relocated to Ecuador when I was 12 yrs. old, and throughout my time there, met my now fiancée then first boyfriend. We dated on and off even after I returned to the US. Then we split as childhood relationships tend to.

10/3/2009- I went back to Ecua after 14 years and we reconnected, got back together one day after my arrival. I was now 31.

1/3/2010- I returned to be with my sweetheart, and ensure myself this was it, result-it was ok to let the heart lead.

10/5/2011- Received Noa2

8/2012 applied for AOS

6/2013 RFE 2 for a mistaken blank space under spouse name and vaccination record

Filed: Timeline

i really dont think the USCIS will check your facebook and then deny your petition because of what you put on facebook. My status still says in a relationship and probably will even after we get married. Facebook may be "official" among friends but it is far from an accurate measurement of reality - i mean how could a government deny a petition based on something that is easily changeable falsifiable and crazy, i mean a friend of mine was in a relationship with a beer funnel for about 2 years. don't worry about it

Timeline

LOL~ I hear you but I am submitting my profile pages as a my fiancée and I communicate via facebook plenty in addition to our calls. So I'm offering the info and was wondering :)

10/5/2011- Received Noa2

8/2012 applied for AOS

LOL~ I hear you but I am submitting my profile pages as a my fiancée and I communicate via facebook plenty in addition to our calls. So I'm offering the info and was wondering :)

It's not going to matter. Facebook is not official. People can put married if they're not. Don't worry. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

You should never post anything on your Facebook profile that you would not USCIS officer to see:

USCIS Monitoring Online Networks to Determine Immigration Cases

Is USCIS Monitoring Foreign Nationals via Social Networking?

My Immigration Journey:

K1: June 2010 - December 2010

AOS: April 2011 - June 2011

ROC: April 2013 - August 2013

Naturalization: March 2014 - August 2014

You should never post anything on your Facebook profile that you would not USCIS officer to see:

USCIS Monitoring Online Networks to Determine Immigration Cases

Is USCIS Monitoring Foreign Nationals via Social Networking?

:thumbs: Completely agree.

2-11-11 | I-129F sent

2-16-11 | NOA1

6-06-11 | NOA2

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I think if I were in a relationship and needed facebook for anything ..

I'd kill both facebook accounts, then when my peeps called me on the Telephone, I'd give them a super secret squirrel email address to use on me.

Social Networks and Immigration ? What ? No NO NO !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

i really dont think the USCIS will check your facebook and then deny your petition because of what you put on facebook. My status still says in a relationship and probably will even after we get married. Facebook may be "official" among friends but it is far from an accurate measurement of reality - i mean how could a government deny a petition based on something that is easily changeable falsifiable and crazy, i mean a friend of mine was in a relationship with a beer funnel for about 2 years. don't worry about it

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

No, your Facebook status does not matter. USCIS isn't going to check Facbeook. :lol:

A big fat NO here...After the CO interviewed my wife they called me in, and she said that she try to find me on FB but could not find me, but she did find my myspace (which was old and had a msg to find me on FB)...so they do look at you FB account. to the OP Hide it, change it, or be ready to defend it.

Alex A

----------------------------

9/16/2009 - Married

USCIS

1/22/2010 - I-130 sent

1/27/2010 - USPS tracking - Delivered, CHICAGO, IL 60680

2/02/2010 - NOA1

2/07/2010 - NOA1 - Hard copy

3/31/2010 - NOA2

4/1/2010 - NOA2 - Email & Text (~58 days)

4/5/2010 - NOA2 - Hard copy

NVC - Taking my time with it...

4/8/2010 - got NVC case # & gave them email address (~ 1 week)

4/13/2010 - Choice of Agent email from NVC (~ 5 days)

4/14/2010 - Email sent to NVC with "Choice of Agent

4/19/2010 - NVC email confirming "Choice of Agent" email (~5 days)

4/20/2010 - NVC email with AOS and IV bill

4/23/2010 - AOS fee paid & package send

4/26/2010 - IV fee paid

5/21/2010 - IV pack mailed to NVC

5/28/2010 - NVC received IV packet

6/10/2010 - SIF & RFE (for PCC different for Sir Lanka)

6/11/2010 - CC (with RFE)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I know they asked one of Theary's friend about her fb page in the interview thats why ours says engaged. I did not think they would ask either but she told me when one of her girl friends went in for the interview they had looked at her fb page. I do not think it is right but be careful

Edited by Daniel&Theary

Daniel

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : Feb 9,2011

I-129F Received :In Texas then sent to CSC Feb 11,2011

Check cashed and in Initial Review : Feb 16,2011

I-129F NOA1 Hard Copy : Feb 15 2011

TOUCHED 04/04/2011 Is it wrong to be happy to be touched by a stranger?

I-129F RFE(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 :05/27/2011

NVC Received :06/09/2011

NVC Left : 06/27/2011

Consulate Received : 07/01/2011

Packet 3 Received : 07/18/2011

Packet 3 Sent : 07/19/2011

Medical Exam : 07/19/2011

Packet 4 Received :07/25/2011

Interview Date :09/13/2011

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 09\16\2011

US Entry : 09\20\2011

Marriage :09/22/2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.