47 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

; thank you guys.. I really wished I could call every day, but I also need to respect Vermonts decision. USCIS can't do nothing about that, because it's in Vermonts hands right now. And Vermont says that they need 30 more extra days (in total 60 days after Service Request), than who am I for not respecting their decision?! They have the power to do anything with my case.. BUT, that doesn't take away the fact that I am freakin' bummed about this all....

And I hate the fact that I'm getting more moody towards my fiance, even though he will do anything to make me happy. It's just the stress and insecurity that makes me frustrated and yell at everything that moves in the house. Even a little spider can't walk away quietly before I yell at that little thing about how unfair this all is... :rolleyes:

If Aaron reads this: I (L) you, and heck no, I will never ever give up!! This will make our bond even stronger.. You are my everything!!

Edited by Channah&Aaron

holland-flag-44.gifunited-states-flag-88.gif

heart-119.gif August 28th, 2011: Wedding heart-119.giflove-182.gif

AOS
August 31th, 2011: applied for SS#
September 6th: received SS#
September 26th, 2011: AOS sent
September 30th, 2011: NOA1
October 6th, 2011: NOA1 hard copy
October 26th,2011: Biometrics
October 28th, 2011: case transferred to California for faster processing
December 5th, 2011: received EAD/AP card
February 22nd, 2012: Green card in production
February 27th, 2012: GREEN CARD in hand, yaaay!!!

November 10th, 2013: ROC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

(F)

I remember replying to one of your previous posts - and recall the name monyfer too. I feel so sorry for you guys. I really have nothing to add other than if all good things come to those who wait.. You're in for a lifetime of happiness(2 years from now you'll be happy dancing on an American made roof and celebrating that you don't have to deal with USCIS as a part of your daily routine).

Keep the faith : )

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Call daily as advised this is a long test of patience, trust, :) hope and most of all faith, I will keep you both in prayer this is too much for you both so the site is here to support you both . keep the faith and stay strong blessings to you both....

Patricklove !!

Patricklove timeline........

K1 Journey [/u]

K 1 Visa Sent application.....July 27 2010 Approved December 9th 2010

Packet 3 recieved .....January 4 2011 Visa Qualified....... 17 March 2011

Medical ........24 March 2011 Paid MRV...... 30 March 2011

Packet 4 recieved.....13 May 2011

Interview....Approved 20 June 2011

Visa in hand......27 June 2011

Arrival in USA ....3 July 2011

AOS Journey [/u]

SSN Card Application 15 July 2011

SSN recieved 23 July 2011

Application for Marriage Licence 15 August 2011

Licence Recieved 19 August 2011

Officially Married 26 August 2011

Civil Surgeon updated 30 August 2011

Driving Licence for MI September 2011

AOS/EAD/AP forms in mail 21 September 2011

AP & EAD approved December 2011 AOS approved January 25th 2012

Timeline

; thank you guys for all your support. I truly appreciate that from the bottom of my heart..

I think I'm going to call them tonight and ask for a written response from the Service Response, and E-mail it.

This morning I sent Ombudsman and Senator an email, again...

Other than that, there isn't much I can do than just wait..... :whistle:

AOS

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

Please do not lose hope and faith because that is all we have. I too have been waiting since November 15 for a NOA2. I put in a service request and was told we were in background checks and feel free to inquire back in 180 days if I do not hear anything. I was devastated. But I now think that they have not even looked at the application. I think they just try to put you off as long as they can. I sent 4 e-mails after receiving that answer and got the same answer all 4 times. I contacted my Senator and they got the same answer. Another member got the same answer, has the same NOA1 date as mine (Nov 15), and her Congressman contacted them and they sent her a 3 page RFE.

I do not know if it causes further delays to keep contacting them. At this point, I have turned it over to God. When I say that, I believe I have done everything I can and if God wants me to do more, He will lead me in the right direction. As far as letting this ruin my marriage, been there and tried that. My husband was so hurt. I promised him I would never take this out on him again. We try to keep each other's morale up everyday. We only talk about the NOA2 for a very short time and then move on to talking about the future.

This is painful, but this too will pass. It makes no sense that someone can be approved in less than 30 days and others may wait over 7 months. I went back and looked at all the approvals and it looked like to me some were waiting 5 to 6 months and never over 7 months, but something seems to be different now.

I pray you hear very soon. Please keep the hope and faith because you will get it.

Edited by Dumb/Dumber

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Closed NVC Ocotber 11, 2011

Interview Date: January 12,2012

Thank you my wonderful God in Heaven.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Yes I understand your frustration . I called USCIS today and all they did was read me the script. Oh I am so over this script BS. Of course I hung up feeling just as depressed. People who have just started this process it really is hard to stay positive. Its not that we dont love our mates , We know its worth it....we just want to begin our lives. ANd frustration comes in fast and hard when you see others get approved fast even with RFE's. We are coming up on 7 months and Bahadir and i have talked about turkey being our residences. Life is short and i miss bahadir so much.

So your frustration and grrrrrr is understood and you are not alone. I know Monica is in our boat! We have a good looking crew though:)

Our NOA2 are coming!

Timeline

Yes I understand your frustration . I called USCIS today and all they did was read me the script. Oh I am so over this script BS. Of course I hung up feeling just as depressed. People who have just started this process it really is hard to stay positive. Its not that we dont love our mates , We know its worth it....we just want to begin our lives. ANd frustration comes in fast and hard when you see others get approved fast even with RFE's. We are coming up on 7 months and Bahadir and i have talked about turkey being our residences. Life is short and i miss bahadir so much.

So your frustration and grrrrrr is understood and you are not alone. I know Monica is in our boat! We have a good looking crew though:)

Our NOA2 are coming!

; LOL, you are cracking me up :rofl: Finally a smile on my face!!

and yesssss, their scrips are horrible.. it's like listening to a tape, and a robot has spoken it in. :blink::blink:

Aaron is like; "no"... "nooo"...."noooohooooh!". It gets really annoying although they are just doing their job. But Aaron and I are doing our job being frustrated. :blush:

I am soooo glad I'm not the only one in this ####*d up situation..

Isn't it possible for you to go and see Bahadir and do yall interview together? You should only move if this all isn't working out.. Keep your head up too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what I'm doing now. I'm in the US with Aaron, and IF IF IF we get our NOA2 and receive our interview date, I fly back to the Netherlands, and Aaron comes a couple of days before the interview and go with me.

If one of us, or all of us gets approved after all these months.. I'm gonna open a freakin' expensive bottle of champagne and drink like its the last night of my life. Even though I don't drink much alcohol :dance:

AOS

This kind of wait surely it's ridiculous. While on K1 journey, me and my husband were separated for 7 long months. To me, it makes all the difference in the world to be able to wait for the approval with your SO. Thousands and thousands of people out there unfortunately don't have the same luck and ability you do. However, I wish you and your fiancé all the best! (F)

as1cHpz0g410600MzAwNzg3OWx8MjM3NjYxc3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Timeline

; Well, first of all.. I have been there.

Aaron and I waited 4.5 months before I got here (almost normal waiting time!)

And like you and many others, I waited for months before we decided we wanted to wait it out.

I came here with the intention to stay for a 3 week vacation, in the hope we would receive our NOA2 around our 5 month mark... Unfortunately that wasn't the case. I didn't want to leave him behind again.

And if I did leave him after these 3 weeks, me and him would be seperated for a longer of time than most couples here in first place!!!!!!

Yes, I did quit my job (which sucks, but Aaron means more me to me than anything else). But the waiting is very stressful because it takes a whole lot longer than the normal waiting time..

Every personal handles it differently. I never ever thought I still would've been this stressed, eventhough I am with him!

But thank you anyways for your best wishes :thumbs:

Edited by Channah&Aaron

AOS

Stop destroying yourself with stress and worry. It's going to be okay, and keep that in mind. I think they tell you a certain number of days because so many people call and they wanna keep you off their back.

Take care, good luck>

Matt

03/17/2011- Mailed K1 petition

03/25/2011- Email and text NOA1, routed to VSC

03/25/2011- Check cashed

07/05/2011- NOA2, USCIS website, text and email!
10/04/2011- Interview, APPROVED!
10/23/2011- POE - Dulles
11/08/2011- WEDDING!
11/15/2011- Applied for SSN
01/18/2012- AOS package sent
01/24/2012- NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP
01/25/2012- Check cashed for AOS
02/16/2012- AOS & EAD biometrics
02/13/2012- AOS case transferred to CSC
02/21/2012- AOS application received at CSC
03/15/2012- EAD/AP cards approved
03/26/2012- EAD/AP combo card received
07/30/2012- Service Request on AOS, past 6 months mark...
08/28/2012- Ombudsman & Senator contacted, past 7 months mark...
09/04/2012- AOS Approved!
09/10/2012- GC in hand!

08/13/2014- Mailed I-751(ROC) package to VSC

08/15/2014- Delivered

08/18/2014- NOA1/Letter of Extension

08/20/2014- Check cashed

09/17/2014- Biometrics

02/18/2015- Card Production Ordered/ Approved!

ejXGm5.pngSDeHm4.png

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Be fierce! Be consistent, know no bounds, take pleasure in the little things, make love your sole focus, don't submit until you have absolutely no way out........

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I'm sending all my well wishes in hopes that you see some action soon and have that NOA2.

Stay strong, and keep the faith. It'll come.

I can't wait to be home with my love.

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Yes being with your SO is best...Bahadir and I have been working our butts off and we now as of this month apart for 10 months. BUT we spend everyday online speaking and taking care of us that way. But we are needing to be together soon. We have a few months after NOA2 and if that is so we have to suck it up because one of us is crying each day....its tough....but be very glad you are with Aaron....I woud give anything to be with bahadir right now. I cant go right now because my daughter is in school....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Sorry to what happened. Just hang in there, the time will come soon!

It feels like time slows down until you get your NOA2, but once you get that, everything goes by quickly! So just wait for that day and you'll be together soon!

Good luck to you!

Channa and Monyfer --I feel your hurt and frustration .I suggest that you contact an immigration laywer and let them do the work for you . We are all from Oct at VSC . They normally give the Senators , congressman and Ombudsman the same replies as they gaved to u .A Laywer can get some specifics on your case (what is holding up your case ) . I wish you luck .

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

; Aaron and I are waiting for 7 months on our NOA2 at the moment.

We called USCIS yesterday because our 30 days Service Request came to an end. And this person we spoke to when we put in the Service Request on April 27th, told us that we have to call back 30 days later if a decision hasn't been made.

All month we were nervous, and every time a day has past by without any kind of notice, we were bummed.

However, we called yesterday and immediately asked if we could talk to a TIER2 person. We got transferred. The person we talked to, was Indian, hard to hear what she was saying, but we got it figured everything out. She said, that USCIS reveived a response from Vermont stating that Vermont has extended our waiting period to 60 days!! Aaron and I looked at each other and we were like; is she kidding us? We wished she was.

She also said that they received this response on May 5th, and I told her that I didn't appreciate the fact that USCIS didn't let us know that Vermont needs more time than 30 days.

So, she said that in between now and JULY freakin' 4th, a decision should be made. I asked her, what if we don't hear anything, do we have to call back?

She replied, ummm, yeah!! you have to call back, and you might receive a new waiting period. I noticed someone was getting arrogant "you have to wait, til they are ready to make a decision!".

Aaron and I hung up, and I was, ofcourse, very frustrated!! My poor baby has to deal with my frustrating behaviour, lol. But seriously, when you are waiting for 7 months, patience is running out.

Again, I sent an E-mail to our Ombudsman. Though, I feel alone!!!

:( Hope and Faith started to fade away slowely

I am so sorry to hear that. Hang in there! I know it is easier said than done; but it's coming, NOA would show up when you least expect.

In the meantime, call them everyday, just be polite and go thru the facts, send communications to Senator, Ombudsman, etc. I would even see if you can do an appointment at the local office, so can have someone face to face. If anything, this will make you stronger.

Best wishes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.