47 posts in this topic

I am also sorry that you are going through this right now. It's unfortunate that this process is really so jacked. I will keep the faith for all of you still waiting on NOA2 and I hope something starts popping really soon.

Be Sober, Be Vigilant!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

So sorry to hear of this. Don't give up hope and faith, you will get through this too! :unsure: But like most of us here on VJ some days are harder than others. :angry: We all get frustrated and angry with the "immigration" Sargent sometime....:whistle:

Will keep you in my prayers, good luck and keep in mind, each day that passes, you are closer to the finish line with this visa process.

:thumbs:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

; True, it's always getting one day closer to that something you are waiting for..

Thank you all so much for your kind words. Sometimes you need that kind of support and hear all sweet replies, because it keeps me motivated to keep my head up and have positives thoughts.

This is what VJ friends are for.. to help each other and support each other during this process we are ALL in!!

I also think about all of you out there who are waiting for any kind of approval!! You all rock!! :rolleyes:

Edited by Channah&Aaron

holland-flag-44.gifunited-states-flag-88.gif

heart-119.gif August 28th, 2011: Wedding heart-119.giflove-182.gif

AOS
August 31th, 2011: applied for SS#
September 6th: received SS#
September 26th, 2011: AOS sent
September 30th, 2011: NOA1
October 6th, 2011: NOA1 hard copy
October 26th,2011: Biometrics
October 28th, 2011: case transferred to California for faster processing
December 5th, 2011: received EAD/AP card
February 22nd, 2012: Green card in production
February 27th, 2012: GREEN CARD in hand, yaaay!!!

November 10th, 2013: ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i too am waiting for my nao2..its almost 7 month ...i did a service request last week, my congress man did a request for expedite on may 10th and still im sittitn hear without a na02. im so fustrated and tired. i tired of hearing diffrent bs excuse from the tier 1 at the uscis and im tired of the nasty attitudes of the tier2 ...im am just praying for this nightmare to be over

2008-29-07 MET IN NEGRIL JAM

2009-25-12 ENGAGED

2010-06-11-I-29F SENT TO TEXAS

2010-15-11 EMAIL AND TXT(NOA1) CHECKED CASH OFF TO VERMONT BABBYYYY

2010-16-11 TOUCHED

2010-18-11 TOUCHED(HARD COPY NOA1 RECIEVED ---HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABES

2010-22-11 TOUCHED

2011-13-06-NOA2-EMAIL

live ,laugh , love

event.png

event.png

Timeline

i too am waiting for my nao2..its almost 7 month ...i did a service request last week, my congress man did a request for expedite on may 10th and still im sittitn hear without a na02. im so fustrated and tired. i tired of hearing diffrent bs excuse from the tier 1 at the uscis and im tired of the nasty attitudes of the tier2 ...im am just praying for this nightmare to be over

Awww, I am sorry to hear that and unfortunately I have to welcome you into our crappy club :blink: . And you are very true about the nasty attitudes of the tier2. They are very arrogant, prolly because they are tired of all the complaining applicants.. oh well :wacko: . I don't think they are that nice either.

Is there any reason that might have caused the delay??

AOS

Timeline

Awww, I am sorry to hear that and unfortunately I have to welcome you into our crappy club :blink: . And you are very true about the nasty attitudes of the tier2. They are very arrogant, prolly because they are tired of all the complaining applicants.. oh well :wacko: . I don't think they are that nice either.

Is there any reason that might have caused the delay??

i cant think of any..i keep telling my self that my case is laying on the lazy person desk, who only approves one person case a day :rofl: . but seriously this process is getting the best of me

2009-25-12 ENGAGED

2010-16-11 TOUCHED

2010-22-11 TOUCHED

2011-13-06-NOA2-EMAIL

live ,laugh , love

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

im crying now when i read this post bcoz my fiance and me is having a hard time dealing with vsc,we contacted our congresman and senator and i just read the senator's reply to my fiance's email,now vsc said they dont know when or how long they review our case,but when we call them they said we just need to wait 60days! i dont ###### know which one is telling the truth!?i am so upset and dont know what to do! we are more than 8months! my fiance is not AWA filer,so why it takes so long for them to adjudicate our case? im tryin my best to be patient,earleir when i talked to my fiance i was yelling at him bcoz of it!i feel like im losing my hope about this!im not insecure why others got their noa2 for 3 or 4 months,im pissed of bcoz why vsc is soooo slow and unfair to other people like us!oh GOD PLEASE HELP ME I CANT ACCEPT DENIAL BCOZ THAT WIL KILL ME!I DONT KNOW HOW LONG SHOULD I WAIT?me and my fiance is not getting any younger,i cant stop crying right now,pleease GOd GIVE ME A MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

im crying now when i read this post bcoz my fiance and me is having a hard time dealing with vsc,we contacted our congresman and senator and i just read the senator's reply to my fiance's email,now vsc said they dont know when or how long they review our case,but when we call them they said we just need to wait 60days! i dont ###### know which one is telling the truth!?i am so upset and dont know what to do! we are more than 8months! my fiance is not AWA filer,so why it takes so long for them to adjudicate our case? im tryin my best to be patient,earleir when i talked to my fiance i was yelling at him bcoz of it!i feel like im losing my hope about this!im not insecure why others got their noa2 for 3 or 4 months,im pissed of bcoz why vsc is soooo slow and unfair to other people like us!oh GOD PLEASE HELP ME I CANT ACCEPT DENIAL BCOZ THAT WIL KILL ME!I DONT KNOW HOW LONG SHOULD I WAIT?me and my fiance is not getting any younger,i cant stop crying right now,pleease GOd GIVE ME A MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

; I am so sorry to hear that (F) I am waiting for 7 months now.. and I called them yesterday and they said we have to wait for 60 days!! We will also over 8 months before a decision will be made :(

Trust me, I really do understand your frustration because of all the waiting. They don't give you any reasons why it's taking so long, and that makes you insecure and losing hope.

I also started to lose hope, that's why I started this topic, and all these kind replies really cheered me up, and gave me and my fiance motivation to wait a little longer.

You need to do that too. Try keeping your head up, even though it's often easier said than done (F). Keep me posted, OK??

AOS

Timeline

; Yaaaaaaaaaaayy :dance:

I seriously haven't looked at the list of approvals for over a month now, and I just wanted to see how far Vermont is working on cases.

& I noticed some couples from Sept/Oct got approved!! Gave me sooo much more hope that Vermont hasn't forgotten about us, and that you still can get approved after so many months :dance:

W000t w00tt.. me=ecstatic

Congrats to all whom waited for so long and received their dear NOA2!! :thumbs:

AOS

You can put in service request after service request, it does no good. No one tells you anything and the date/time frames they give you they constantly break, and leave you only to do another service request, which again, does nothing. USCIS is broken

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Maybe you can call them again. Mhen Matt called, the first 2 times they said we couldn't even put in a service request, though we had already reached our 5 month mark. So I told him to call again, and again. And the last time he called, he actually got someone on the phone, who was polite and helpful. And 2 days later we had our approval. We sent a letter to his senator. His assistant told us they will get back to us after they contact VSC, but they never did. I sent an email to VSC. They replied a week later - a day after we got approved :unsure: here is what they told us, maybe it will help you:

"Hello

Thank you for contacting the Vermont Service Center National Customer Service Center (NCSC) Follow-Up e-mail account.

The purpose of this e-mail account is to assist petitioners, applicants or their authorized representatives who previously contacted the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) and now feel they need further assistance.

In order for the Vermont Service Center to respond to your inquiry through this email account, it is necessary for you to first complete the following:

-- You must first try to resolve your issue by contacting the NCSC using its toll free number 1-800-375-5283, and

-- You must provide the Service Request Management (SRMT) inquiry number that you were given when you contacted the NCSC, or

-- When you contacted the NCSC you were told that a complete SRMT response could not be provided.

NOTE: If you did not contact the NCSC, the VSC will only respond to you this one time. We will not respond to any other email inquirers you may have submitted.

IMPORTANT:

* Due to the Privacy Act, you must be the petitioner, applicant, or designated representative of record in order for us to respond to this inquiry.

* If you feel the final decision on your case is in error, (to protect your rights) you must follow the regulations and file any necessary motion or appeal within the allotted timeframe.

* If you contacted the NCSC and the SRMT response could not be provided, submit a brief explanation that includes the following information:

-- The date you contacted the NCSC, and

-- Your name along with an A-number and/or EAC receipt number, and

-- If available, the first name of the NCSC Customer Service officer you spoke with.

For future status inquiries of a petition or application filed at this Center you may want to utilize our National Customer Service Center by calling 1-800-375-5283. If you would like to obtain forms, filing instructions, case status or schedule an appointment with your local office, please visit our website at www.uscis.gov.

Officer Richard

Vermont Service Center

Customer Service Unit

This response includes your inquiry in part. Personally Identifiable Information(PII) has been redacted to protect the release of information through electronic mail."

When Matt called them he wrote down the name and the number of the person he talked to. I don't know if you did that, but I strongly recommend that you do next time you call. Then send an email to vsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov. And tell them that you have already called the NCSC, and they were no help whatsoever. I did complain in my email about how unfair it is that some people get approved in 1 or 2 months, while other have to wait 6-7 months or more. I complained about the lack of transparency and about their inability to provide the service we paid good money for within the time frame processed. They probably didn't care about my email or all my complaining for that matter. But hey, it's worth a shot. I would be sending them emails every day if I were you. Maybe it seems easier to some people that you are with Aaron while you wait, but heck, the stress and the uncertainty is what killed us over the past months.

Oh, I also found this some time ago and I bookmarked it as it seemed like I'd need it - VSC sucks big time... http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/304363-k1-expedite/

Good luck, and I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that you will receive your NOA2 very very soon! :luv:

0041ss.jpg

event.png

K1 Visa
Nov 16, 2010 - I 129f sent
May 25, 2010 - NOA 2
June 6, 2011 - NVC received our petition
June 7, 2011 - case number assigned, petition sent to US consulate in Bucharest
June 27, 2011 - interview - approved
June 30, 2011 - POE Boston
August 14, 2011 - married

AOS journey
September 30, 2011 - filled for AOS and EAD
October 4, 2011 - NOA1
October 26, 2011 - Biometrics
October 26, 2011 - Case moved to CSC
November 23, 2011 -Email from USCIS - card production
November 28, 2011 - Email from USCIS - I485 approved!!!
November 29, 2011 - Welcome letter in the mail
December 5, 2011 - Green card in the mail - date issued 11/16/2011

Lifting Conditions

September 17, 2013 - Sent application

September 20, 2013 - NOA1

October 11, 2013 - Case moved to CSC

October 18, 2013 - Biometrics

January 3, 2014 - Approved

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

And you can try to send an email to the USCIS headquarters, like they say on the USCIS website: "If you do not receive a response within 21 days of contacting the Service Center, you may contact the USCIS Headquarters Office of Service Center Operations by email at SCOPSSCATA@dhs.gov."

0041ss.jpg

event.png

K1 Visa
Nov 16, 2010 - I 129f sent
May 25, 2010 - NOA 2
June 6, 2011 - NVC received our petition
June 7, 2011 - case number assigned, petition sent to US consulate in Bucharest
June 27, 2011 - interview - approved
June 30, 2011 - POE Boston
August 14, 2011 - married

AOS journey
September 30, 2011 - filled for AOS and EAD
October 4, 2011 - NOA1
October 26, 2011 - Biometrics
October 26, 2011 - Case moved to CSC
November 23, 2011 -Email from USCIS - card production
November 28, 2011 - Email from USCIS - I485 approved!!!
November 29, 2011 - Welcome letter in the mail
December 5, 2011 - Green card in the mail - date issued 11/16/2011

Lifting Conditions

September 17, 2013 - Sent application

September 20, 2013 - NOA1

October 11, 2013 - Case moved to CSC

October 18, 2013 - Biometrics

January 3, 2014 - Approved

Filed: Timeline

I God, I hope you will hear something any day now. I'm almost at the 5th month mark, and now that i'm reading your post, it makes me scared that mine might be delayed also. I wish you luck, keep the faith and hope. Hope dies last. Please inform when you get NOA2 and keep calling them, never stop, believe me, it works.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Channah, Hope you are holding up ok. I can't believe another week is over and nothing. AND it's a three day weekend, so it will be extra tough.

I just want to let you know that you should be receiving a written response letter with a reason after you submit a service request. I just got a letter today, after submitting a service request on 5/12 for Outside Normal Processing Time (which you should be able to do as well). I got one a few months back too, when I put in a similar service request.

I am very sad because the letter I got today states "The status of your service request is: the processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records established that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open.

Until the background investigation is complete, we cannot move forward on your case.....if you do not receive a decision within SIX MONTHS, please contact Customer Service."

SIX MONTHS???????? Are they KIDDING ME???????????????????

Anyway, I hope to GOD it will not take six months - I will NOT wait six months and will just have to pack up all my stuff and move to Mexico if that happens. This SUCKS. I wonder if you are in a similar situation - undergoing extensive background checks - some seem to take longer than others - maybe false hits on names and what not.....it is so ridiculous..how long can this take? Neither Fernando nor I have any sort of criminal history.......No clue WHY it is taking so long to verify that. SO SO sad right now - this ruins my holiday weekend!

Anyway, I hope they send you a reason SOON!!! It is not fair or professional to make you wait sixty more days with no response. Hang in there!

K-1 Visa Journey

October 1, 2010: I-129F sent

October 5, 2010: I-129F received

October 12, 2010: NOA1 e-mail received, routed to VSC

October 16, 2010: NOA1 hard copy received (dated October 7, 2010)

April 18, 2011: RFE e-mail

April 20, 2011: RFE hardcopy received

April 20, 2011: RFE response sent to VSC

May 2, 2011: E-mail confirming VSC has received RFE response

July 27, 2011: NOA2 e-mail received (9 months, 2 weeks, and 6 days (292 days) after NOA1

July 30, 2011: NOA2 hard copy

August 4, 2011: NVC received case

August 8, 2011: NVC forwarded case to US Consulate in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico

August 8, 2011: Consulate received case

August 25, 2011: Consulate mailed packet 3

September 3, 2011: Received Packet 3 in US

September 20, 2011: Interview! Not enough information in the system to make a decision

September 26, 2011: K1 visa approved and received via DHL

October 20, 2011: POE at Phoenix, Arizona

October 26, 2011: Married

AOS Journey

11-7-2011 - AOS package sent to lockbox in Chicago, IL

11-9-2011 - AOS package delivered and signed for

11-15-2011 - NOA1 e-mails received (NOA1 date November 10), routed to NBC

11-16-2011 - Check Cashed

11-21-2011 - Hard Copies & Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

11-29-2011 - Biometrics done via walk-in! (Originally scheduled for 12/14/11)

12-2-2011 - Case transferred to CSC

1-17-2012 - EAD/AP Card Production Ordered

1-25-2012 - EAD/AP card received in mail

3-7-2012 - RFE issued

3-19-2012 - RFE response received by CSC

4-4-2012 - Green Card Production!

4-10-12 - GC received in mail

January 3, 2014: ROC

Timeline

Channah, Hope you are holding up ok. I can't believe another week is over and nothing. AND it's a three day weekend, so it will be extra tough.

I just want to let you know that you should be receiving a written response letter with a reason after you submit a service request. I just got a letter today, after submitting a service request on 5/12 for Outside Normal Processing Time (which you should be able to do as well). I got one a few months back too, when I put in a similar service request.

I am very sad because the letter I got today states "The status of your service request is: the processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records established that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open.

Until the background investigation is complete, we cannot move forward on your case.....if you do not receive a decision within SIX MONTHS, please contact Customer Service."

SIX MONTHS???????? Are they KIDDING ME???????????????????

Anyway, I hope to GOD it will not take six months - I will NOT wait six months and will just have to pack up all my stuff and move to Mexico if that happens. This SUCKS. I wonder if you are in a similar situation - undergoing extensive background checks - some seem to take longer than others - maybe false hits on names and what not.....it is so ridiculous..how long can this take? Neither Fernando nor I have any sort of criminal history.......No clue WHY it is taking so long to verify that. SO SO sad right now - this ruins my holiday weekend!

Anyway, I hope they send you a reason SOON!!! It is not fair or professional to make you wait sixty more days with no response. Hang in there!

i got a letter like this this morning ,but it states that my case is still pending and need additional review , and that they cannot provide me with an estimated timeframe for completion of this process.i am livid...i feel so lost..

2009-25-12 ENGAGED

2010-16-11 TOUCHED

2010-22-11 TOUCHED

2011-13-06-NOA2-EMAIL

live ,laugh , love

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.