32 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
$150.

Is that what it's costing them? Because I know it's $650 here in Clinton Iowa. Not all docs charge the same price.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Is that what it's costing them? Because I know it's $650 here in Clinton Iowa. Not all docs charge the same price.

As far as I know this is government-enforced fee. $150 all-inclusive. Either you go through the entire medical exam/additional vaccination/blood work the whole 9 yards (good deal) or just doc merely filling out paperwork on translated vaccination (bad deal, in my case). The fee is flat and government-enforced. I am not sure federal or state. Civil surgeons have to charge this. I learned it from the nurse. They charge $150 no matter what.

Edited by san diego

Timeline
As far as I know this is government-enforced fee. $150 all-inclusive. Either you go through the entire medical exam/additional vaccination/blood work the whole 9 yards (good deal) or just doc merely filling out paperwork on translated vaccination (bad deal, in my case). The fee is flat and government-enforced. I am not sure federal or state. Civil surgeons have to charge this. I learned it from the nurse. They charge $150 no matter what.

Yeah sorry no... There is no government enforced rate. I paid $50 for my vaccination transcription. I know people that have paid $10 and some $25. Depends what doc you go to.

In Clinton the guy wanted $650 for the medical OR the transcription. Total rip-off.

While I like the idea of a government enforced rate for the medical, for people who do the K1 (and their medical is less than a year old so they need only the vaccination transcription) who only need one shot, or don't need any shots (as was my case) $150 is a total rip-off. But anyway, there is no government enforced rate, the nurse didn't know what she was talking about or was lying to you to make you think that you couldn't get a better deal anywhere else. If you don't believe me, call a couple other of the CS's in your state and see what you find out. Either your office is the ONLY one following a "government-enforced" rate or they lied to you.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Yeah sorry no... There is no government enforced rate. I paid $50 for my vaccination transcription. I know people that have paid $10 and some $25. Depends what doc you go to.

In Clinton the guy wanted $650 for the medical OR the transcription. Total rip-off.

While I like the idea of a government enforced rate for the medical, for people who do the K1 (and their medical is less than a year old so they need only the vaccination transcription) who only need one shot, or don't need any shots (as was my case) $150 is a total rip-off. But anyway, there is no government enforced rate, the nurse didn't know what she was talking about or was lying to you to make you think that you couldn't get a better deal anywhere else. If you don't believe me, call a couple other of the CS's in your state and see what you find out. Either your office is the ONLY one following a "government-enforced" rate or they lied to you.

Yeah there totally should be an enforced price for that. I think $650 is crazy! But there probably isn't a lot of CS's in your town. The more I read about these civil surgeons the more I think that they are all crooks!

Naturalization
July 7, 2014 - N400 packet sent out
July 8, 2014 - N400 packet delivered
July 16, 2014 - Received I-797 in mail
July 25, 2014 - Received the Biometrics notification
August 8, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment
August 12, 2014 - In line for interview scheduling

December 8, 2014 - Text Notification for Interview Scheduled

December 11, 2014 - Received the Interview Letter

January 14, 2015 - Interview(Passed!!!)

February 6, 2015 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
Yeah there totally should be an enforced price for that. I think $650 is crazy! But there probably isn't a lot of CS's in your town. The more I read about these civil surgeons the more I think that they are all crooks!

I nearly had a heart-attack when he said $650.. even for a medical but I explained the transcription again, thinking they were just confused so she got the doc on the phone who told me it WAS the transcription fee and when I said something like it being ridiculous he basically banned me from his office. Just insane. I was lucky I was still in Texas at the time (calling Iowa offices to see if it was better to do it there or Houston) and when I heard that I told Tony that Houston was the winner :P

I really wish there was more policing. So many people get screwed over thinking that's right, or they don't speak english well or what not.

Timeline

I nearly had a heart-attack when he said $650.. even for a medical but I explained the transcription again, thinking they were just confused so she got the doc on the phone who told me it WAS the transcription fee and when I said something like it being ridiculous he basically banned me from his office. Just insane. I was lucky I was still in Texas at the time (calling Iowa offices to see if it was better to do it there or Houston) and when I heard that I told Tony that Houston was the winner :P

I really wish there was more policing. So many people get screwed over thinking that's right, or they don't speak english well or what not.

Banned? Really? Like you were being unreasonable hahaha. What a joke!

Naturalization

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I believe you! I may be lied to. Doesn't matter now..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

As you can see in my AOS journey, I have gotten two RFE's so far. One for I-693 medical exam, which they lost it from the packet accompanying my K1 Visa documents when I entered the US with it. (I believe it is not that uncommon that they loose medical exams.) Had to redo the exam. Second RFE was that they requested evidence of Bona Fide marriage. Note: When filing an I-485 with a K1 Visa, it is not required to submit Bona Fide evidence. I guess they just requested it now for some reason.

Naturalization Journey

Oct 07, 2014: Sent N-400 packet.

Oct 14, 2014: Received email and sms text that my N-400 application has been received as well the receipt number of my case.

Oct 15, 2014: Check cashed.

Oct 17, 2014: Received NOA. NOA Notice Date is: Oct 10, 2014

Oct 27, 2014: Received yellow letter: Pre-interview Case File Review. (Does NOT mention date of interview.)

Nov 05, 2014: Biometrics were done.

Dec 05, 2014: On-line status updated: In-line for interview.

Dec 29, 2014: On-line status updated: Interview scheduled; notice was sent by mail with the date.

Jan 03, 2015: Received Interview Appointment Notice. Interview date: Feb 02, 2015.

Feb 02, 2015: Had my interview. I.O. verbally said, I had "passed" and should receive the Oath Ceremony notice within 90 days. I.O. did not give me anything in writing.

Feb 05, 2015: On-line status updated: Oath Ceremony scheduled; notice was sent by mail with the date, time and location of ceremony.

Feb 07, 2015: Received Oath Appointment Notice. Oath date: Feb 13, 2015.

Feb 13, 2015: Oath taken. Received Naturalization certificate. Became a US Citizen!

ROC Journey

Nov 04, 2013: Sent I-751 packet.

Nov 08: Received NOA1. Receipt date: Nov 05, 2013.

Nov 16: Received Biometrics appointment for Dec 02.

Nov 18: Succesful walk-in for Biometrics: Done.

Mar 02, 2014: We relocated within the same city, but to a different zip code. Filed change of address of I-751 case pending and AR-11.

Mar 24: Approved!

Mar 31: 10-year GC arrived in the mail.

AOS Journey

Aug 12, 2010: Entered US with K1 visa.
Aug 13: Married.
Aug 16: Sent AOS, AP & EAD package by Fedex to the Chicago S. Dearborn St. address.
Sept 10: AOS case transferred to the California Service Center.
Sept 18: Received hardcopy letter that my AOS case was transferred to the CSC on Sept 10.
Nov 01: AP approved. EAD and AP are available on-line for the first time.
Nov 06: AP received! and Biometrics appointment notice received (scheduled for Nov 29).
Nov 29: EAD card production ordered. (My on-line status jumped from Initial Review to Card Production.)
Dec 10: EAD card received.
Mar 10, 2011: First RFE from the CSC. They lost my I-693! Had to re-do it.
Apr 15: Another RFE from the CSC. Bona fide marriage evidence. We provided the requested documents.
Sept 03: Received Interview Appointment Notice. Interview scheduled for September 27. Finally!
Sept 27: We had our interview. Very easy straight forward questions. Officer needed further processing for our case.
Jan 05, 2012: Case status update - Decision: Approved.
Jan 09: Received letter in the mail with Notice of AOS Decision: Approved.
Jan 10: Case status update - Card Production Ordered.
Jan 13: Green card arrived in the mail. Done with AOS!

Timeline

As you can see in my AOS journey, I have gotten two RFE's so far. One for I-693 medical exam, which they lost it from the packet accompanying my K1 Visa documents when I entered the US with it. (I believe it is not that uncommon that they loose medical exams.) Had to redo the exam. Second RFE was that they requested evidence of Bona Fide marriage. Note: When filing an I-485 with a K1 Visa, it is not required to submit Bona Fide evidence. I guess they just requested it now for some reason.

Wow! That sucks! I thought that it might be a good idea to submit some bona fide eveidence. I just submitted a copy of my bank statements that had both of our names on it with the I-864 paperwork.

We are preparing pictures and birth certificates for the interview. Hope that works.

Wish you the best!

Naturalization

We also received two RFEs, at the same time, in the same envelope. One asking for proof of co-sponsor's citizenship, and the other about our I-693. I assume we have to respond to them both at the same time, in the same return envelope, even if one could be sent sooner and the other requires a little waiting?

K-1:
April 21, 2010: I-129F Sent (from London to VSC)
April 27, 2010: NOA1, check cashed
July 9, 2010: NOA2 (hardcopy)
July 12, 2010: NVC sent petition to embassy in London
October 7, 2010: Packet 3 logged at embassy
November 3, 2010: Interview: APPROVED!
December 7, 2010: POE: JFK
December 10, 2010: Wedding

AOS:
April 27, 2011: Sent I-485, I-864, EAD and AP to Chicago
May 5, 2011: Received text notifications, check cashed
May 9, 2011: NOA hardcopy via mail
May 14, 2011: RFE (for incorrectly filling out I-693)
June 3, 2011: Biometrics
June 17, 2011: RFE response delivered
June 21, 2011: Case under RFE review
June 23, 2011: Transferred to CSC!
June 29, 2011: EAD and AP approved!
July 9, 2011: EAD/AP card arrived via mail
January 4, 2012: RFE
January 28, 2012: RFE response delivered
January 30, 2012: Case under RFE review
February 8, 2012: Green card in production!
February 14, 2012: Green card received in mail

ROC:

December 4, 2013: Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

December 9, 2013: NOA1

January 13, 2014: Biometrics

May 15, 2014: Green card in production!

Timeline

We also received two RFEs, at the same time, in the same envelope. One asking for proof of co-sponsor's citizenship, and the other about our I-693. I assume we have to respond to them both at the same time, in the same return envelope, even if one could be sent sooner and the other requires a little waiting?

If it's one RFE but multiple items then send together. If its two SEPARATE RFE's then you can send them individually.

If it's one RFE but multiple items then send together. If its two SEPARATE RFE's then you can send them individually.

Sorry, just to clarify: I think this qualifies as one RFE with two items since each one is printed on its own sheet of paper, but then at the bottom it says page 1 of 2 and 2 of 2. Would you agree or disagree?

K-1:
April 21, 2010: I-129F Sent (from London to VSC)
April 27, 2010: NOA1, check cashed
July 9, 2010: NOA2 (hardcopy)
July 12, 2010: NVC sent petition to embassy in London
October 7, 2010: Packet 3 logged at embassy
November 3, 2010: Interview: APPROVED!
December 7, 2010: POE: JFK
December 10, 2010: Wedding

AOS:
April 27, 2011: Sent I-485, I-864, EAD and AP to Chicago
May 5, 2011: Received text notifications, check cashed
May 9, 2011: NOA hardcopy via mail
May 14, 2011: RFE (for incorrectly filling out I-693)
June 3, 2011: Biometrics
June 17, 2011: RFE response delivered
June 21, 2011: Case under RFE review
June 23, 2011: Transferred to CSC!
June 29, 2011: EAD and AP approved!
July 9, 2011: EAD/AP card arrived via mail
January 4, 2012: RFE
January 28, 2012: RFE response delivered
January 30, 2012: Case under RFE review
February 8, 2012: Green card in production!
February 14, 2012: Green card received in mail

ROC:

December 4, 2013: Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

December 9, 2013: NOA1

January 13, 2014: Biometrics

May 15, 2014: Green card in production!

Timeline
Sorry, just to clarify: I think this qualifies as one RFE with two items since each one is printed on its own sheet of paper, but then at the bottom it says page 1 of 2 and 2 of 2. Would you agree or disagree?

Agree that it's only 1 RFE with 2 separate items so you should send the info all together. It MIGHT be okay if you didn't but why risk it?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

They do sometimes determine that they should see some evidence of a bonafide marriage before approving a green card for a K1. Usually, they catch these cases before forwarding them to CSC, and they request the evidence be brought to the interview. In your case, the CSC adjudicator apparently felt that some evidence of the bondafides would help them make a decision. Rather than sending your case to your local field office for an interview, they decided to send an RFE for it. This is probably a good thing.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

They do sometimes determine that they should see some evidence of a bonafide marriage before approving a green card for a K1. Usually, they catch these cases before forwarding them to CSC, and they request the evidence be brought to the interview. In your case, the CSC adjudicator apparently felt that some evidence of the bondafides would help them make a decision. Rather than sending your case to your local field office for an interview, they decided to send an RFE for it. This is probably a good thing.

That is also what I think. I was very surprised that the they sent a Bona Fide RFE instead of sending an Interview Appointment. Well, anyway I hope that the next step is an Approved decision (or if not the case, I hope it is an Interview Appointment). We are tired of RFE's...No fun at all...If we don't receive a decision by July 1st (which is in 37 days) I have to apply for renewal of AP and EAD :(

Edited by Soon2beover

Naturalization Journey

Oct 07, 2014: Sent N-400 packet.

Oct 14, 2014: Received email and sms text that my N-400 application has been received as well the receipt number of my case.

Oct 15, 2014: Check cashed.

Oct 17, 2014: Received NOA. NOA Notice Date is: Oct 10, 2014

Oct 27, 2014: Received yellow letter: Pre-interview Case File Review. (Does NOT mention date of interview.)

Nov 05, 2014: Biometrics were done.

Dec 05, 2014: On-line status updated: In-line for interview.

Dec 29, 2014: On-line status updated: Interview scheduled; notice was sent by mail with the date.

Jan 03, 2015: Received Interview Appointment Notice. Interview date: Feb 02, 2015.

Feb 02, 2015: Had my interview. I.O. verbally said, I had "passed" and should receive the Oath Ceremony notice within 90 days. I.O. did not give me anything in writing.

Feb 05, 2015: On-line status updated: Oath Ceremony scheduled; notice was sent by mail with the date, time and location of ceremony.

Feb 07, 2015: Received Oath Appointment Notice. Oath date: Feb 13, 2015.

Feb 13, 2015: Oath taken. Received Naturalization certificate. Became a US Citizen!

ROC Journey

Nov 04, 2013: Sent I-751 packet.

Nov 08: Received NOA1. Receipt date: Nov 05, 2013.

Nov 16: Received Biometrics appointment for Dec 02.

Nov 18: Succesful walk-in for Biometrics: Done.

Mar 02, 2014: We relocated within the same city, but to a different zip code. Filed change of address of I-751 case pending and AR-11.

Mar 24: Approved!

Mar 31: 10-year GC arrived in the mail.

AOS Journey

Aug 12, 2010: Entered US with K1 visa.
Aug 13: Married.
Aug 16: Sent AOS, AP & EAD package by Fedex to the Chicago S. Dearborn St. address.
Sept 10: AOS case transferred to the California Service Center.
Sept 18: Received hardcopy letter that my AOS case was transferred to the CSC on Sept 10.
Nov 01: AP approved. EAD and AP are available on-line for the first time.
Nov 06: AP received! and Biometrics appointment notice received (scheduled for Nov 29).
Nov 29: EAD card production ordered. (My on-line status jumped from Initial Review to Card Production.)
Dec 10: EAD card received.
Mar 10, 2011: First RFE from the CSC. They lost my I-693! Had to re-do it.
Apr 15: Another RFE from the CSC. Bona fide marriage evidence. We provided the requested documents.
Sept 03: Received Interview Appointment Notice. Interview scheduled for September 27. Finally!
Sept 27: We had our interview. Very easy straight forward questions. Officer needed further processing for our case.
Jan 05, 2012: Case status update - Decision: Approved.
Jan 09: Received letter in the mail with Notice of AOS Decision: Approved.
Jan 10: Case status update - Card Production Ordered.
Jan 13: Green card arrived in the mail. Done with AOS!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.