RussianGoddess

omg!!! aggravated over AOS & EAD paperwork!!!

20 posts in this topic

my fiance came here on 3/11/11 on the K1 visa. we got married on 4/29 and i am starting to fill out the paperwork for AOS and EAD and am starting to feel soooo aggravated. i want to send them together, each requires 2 photos each, does that mean i have to send it 4 or since i am sending it together only 2 are needed? AOS is requiring to include a petition of approval notice...what is that?? Do i have to complete an affidavit of support for my husband even though i had it for the interview at the santo domingo embassy? does he absolutely need to get vaccinated and we have to submit vaccination paperwork with the EAD/AOS paperwork?

when i was applying for him for the visa-all the paperwork was completed by me, without any attorneys and i felt fine...for some reason i am confused this time around....

There is a whole forum dedicated to this here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/7-adjustment-of-status-green-card-from-family-based-visas/

I will ask a mod to move this post.

To answer your questions...

Yes, 4 photos (6 if you are also applying for AP).

Yes, you will need to fill out a new affidavit of support, the I-864 which is legally binding, the I-134 is not.

Petition approval notice is the NOA2 from your I-129F

Yes, he has to get vaccinated absolutely. This is complicated depending on what vaccinations he has, or had at his K-1 medical, etc, but there is a whole stickied thread dedicated to the aspects of the AOS medical from a K-1 in the forum I linked.

Here is the VJ guide to help you:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Well, Harpa pretty much answered your questions! But read the AOS guide for K-1 holders step by step. You'll find everything you need to know there. Just follow it step by step and Im sure you won't have a problem.

Also, you can check this guide. It is very detailed:

http://mysliceofamericanpie.wordpress.com/2011/02/09/my-adjustment-of-status-aos-guide/

And you may want to check this thread about the affidavit of support yu will need to file now:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/308-i-864/

Good luck! (F)

K-1
Jul-27-10: Mailed I-129F
Aug-04-10: NOA1
Jan-04-11: Put Service Request in
Feb-01-11: NOA2 (email notification)
Mar-07-11: Interview at SDO Consulate-APPROVED!-
Mar-12-11: POE at JFK
Apr-01-11: Got Married!! heart.gif
Apr-30-11: Wedding party! biggrin.png

AOS
Apr-18-11: Mailed AOS, EAD and AP
Apr-25-11: Email notification of acceptance
May-02-11: NOA1 and Biometrics App letter for May 16 in the mail
May-06-11: Walk-in for Biometrics
May-12-11: I-485 transfered to CSC
Jun-15-11: EAD and AP card production ordered
Jun-21-11: AOS approved!!

ROC

Jun-08-13: Package Sent

Jun-10-13: NOA1

Jun-18-13: Biometrics Appointment Notice

Jul-12-13: Biometrics Appointment

Aug-22-13: Transfer Notice - Case transfered to CSC

Oct-03-13: Approval Notice!!

Oct-05-13: Card sent in the mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

thread moved from CR-1 forum to AOS from a family visa forum

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
my fiance came here on 3/11/11 on the K1 visa. we got married on 4/29 and i am starting to fill out the paperwork for AOS and EAD and am starting to feel soooo aggravated. i want to send them together, each requires 2 photos each, does that mean i have to send it 4 or since i am sending it together only 2 are needed? AOS is requiring to include a petition of approval notice...what is that?? Do i have to complete an affidavit of support for my husband even though i had it for the interview at the santo domingo embassy? does he absolutely need to get vaccinated and we have to submit vaccination paperwork with the EAD/AOS paperwork?

when i was applying for him for the visa-all the paperwork was completed by me, without any attorneys and i felt fine...for some reason i am confused this time around....

Here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/235331-aos-ead-ap-from-k1-the-aussie-way-doc-list-included/ this should help you immensely.

the Copy of I-797 – Notice of Action, Approval of K1 petition, dated ##### (front & back)----is that the initial notice that i received after first submitting the i-129f that the petition was approved and after that my case was sent to national visa center? or is that something else?

the Copy of I-797 – Notice of Action, Approval of K1 petition, dated ##### (front & back)----is that the initial notice that i received after first submitting the i-129f that the petition was approved and after that my case was sent to national visa center? or is that something else?

Yes, that's right.

$200 to get the civil surgeon to complete the paperwork!!!....these people make money left & right!

He had a medical in his home country, so now all you need to do is make sure his vaccines are complete. The thread below will help you avoid the $200 fee for a full medical, and find a civil surgeon that will transcribe the vaccination history onto form I-693 (usually for $35-$50). If he missing any shots, he will need to get them, and if any other part of his K-1 medical was incomplete, he will need that addressed.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/101202-faqs-forms-i-693-and-ds-3025/

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

Yep you're right :) That's exactly what it is. It says "your petiton for K1 fiancee is approved" or words to that effect. Don't send the original, send a photocopy.

$200 to get the civil surgeon to complete the paperwork!!!....these people make money left & right!

As Harpa said you might not NEED to see a CS. If his shots are up to date he won't have to but it does help avoid RFE's sometimes. If you think he's up to date you can just send a copy of his DS-3025 and then if you get an RFE deal with it then, that way you haven't wasted money needlessly.

Cannot stress enough how helpful Vanessa&Tony's link is! I followed it carefully and made it through quickly with no RFEs! :thumbs:

April 2008: Met through a friend

April 2009: Started dating

July 24, 2009: Engaged!

Feb 25, 2010: Sent in I-129F

Mar 11, 2010: NOA1 received

July 02, 2010: NOA2 received!!

July 07, 2010: NVC receives case

Aug 04, 2010: Received Packet 3

Aug 06. 2010: Packet 3 Sent!

Sept 14, 2010: Packet 4! Interview time!

Nov 15, 2010: Medical in Montreal

Nov 19, 2010: Interview in Montreal

Interview Result: Approved!

Dec 30, 2010: Moving Day! POE at Calais, ME! Never have to be apart again!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

my fiance came here on 3/11/11 on the K1 visa. we got married on 4/29 and i am starting to fill out the paperwork for AOS and EAD and am starting to feel soooo aggravated. i want to send them together, each requires 2 photos each, does that mean i have to send it 4 or since i am sending it together only 2 are needed?

AOS is requiring to include a petition of approval notice...what is that??

Don't know, it's not required.

Do i have to complete an affidavit of support for my husband even though i had it for the interview at the santo domingo embassy?

Read the Guides, Follow teh Guides. Yes you must do the 693 form

does he absolutely need to get vaccinated and we have to submit vaccination paperwork with the EAD/AOS paperwork?

No, he can take his 3025 copy to a CS and have them trascribed the information onto the 693 form. Read the Guides

That's because you are not.......

Read the Guides, Follow the Guides, Follow the Example Forms

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You are incorrect Barron on 2nd question you do have to send in a copy of NOA2 from the 129f petition.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Timeline

Just to reiterate you are wrong Baron on #2. The NOA2 is a requirement of AOS.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Just to reiterate you are wrong Baron on #2. The NOA2 is a requirement of AOS.

OK, I guess I got tripped up by the OPs wording......Following the Guides is the best answer.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.