thongd4me

Poll: Is Obama's Re-Election Guaranteed due to Success of Seals?

The Re-Election Question  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: Is Obama's re-election guaranteed now that Osama Bin Laden is history?

• Yes
    • Maybe - leaning toward Yes
    • Maybe - leaning toward No
    • No
    • Not Sure
    • Don't Care

64 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Not if you're talking about the elimination of the middle class. Our income disparity is huge and resembles that of countries like Iran, not Western nations. Read the Joseph Stiglitz (I think) article in the latest Vanity Fair.

One person does not a class make. The point is that it is harder to make do on an average income now than ever before. It makes the former robber-baron era of the late 19th century look swell.

Первый блин комом.

Also, I don't see the Republicans having anyone on their side with the charisma of a Bill Clinton.

People voted for charisma last election. Hopefully this election people will vote for competence.

Now the question is will Republicans nominate someone with competence?

Filed: Timeline

Not if you're talking about the elimination of the middle class. Our income disparity is huge and resembles that of countries like Iran, not Western nations. Read the Joseph Stiglitz (I think) article in the latest Vanity Fair.

One person does not a class make. The point is that it is harder to make do on an average income now than ever before. It makes the former robber-baron era of the late 19th century look swell.

I see too many middle class people in my every day life to believe that ####### about the class not existing.

Only if people don't realize that going back to what got us into this mess in the first place--a Republican White House, deregulation dating back to Reagan, and voting for the top 1% whose top priority is to stay the top 1% at the expense of the middle class which pretty much doesn't exist anymore--is stupid.

You can't undo that kind of mess in two years, especially with an uncooperative Congress.

Great we have another Reagan hater. You will have many friends here.

As a person you should start questioning your logic when you can go back 25+ years and blame the same party for everything.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

People voted for charisma last election. Hopefully this election people will vote for competence.

Now the question is will Republicans nominate someone with competence?

America hasn't had an opportunity to do that since 1980.

Before that, 1960?

Before that??? somewhere in the 1800's??

competence and Washington are two things that rarely coincide with one another.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Don't rightly know how the war on terrorism will play out,

but at least I think we can expect another song by Toby Keith:

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Timeline

I see too many middle class people in my every day life to believe that ####### about the class not existing.

And are they better off than they were 10, 20, 30 years ago?

And when people still tout Reaganomics as a viable economic plan, you can certainly look to policies that were set in motion 25 years ago. Do I personally benefit from a lack of capital gains taxes, etc.? Yes. Do I also understand that for the good of the country it's not a good idea for 1% of the country to control 40% of the wealth, and that things such as education and health are far more important to our country's future than corporations like GE not paying taxes and pharmaceutical companies posting record profits? Yes.

Первый блин комом.

Timeline

Things that happen today are absolutely directly influenced by the past. The War on Terror and the Cold War do not exist on separate planes; rather, our policies of containment and the Afghan War in the eighties directly affect the course of history today. Who trained Osama? The US. Same thing with Reagan's economic policies.

Первый блин комом.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

In the election this covers what once was Obama's biggest weak point. But at the end of the day, the election will be determined by who the GOP nominate. So far I haven't seen a serious candidate.

I blame Nixon.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Article here. :)

Filed: Timeline
Obama will be re-elected but not because of this.

He played too little roll ...

You haven't cought up on Rush's program.

"Our military wanted to go in there and just scorch the earth," Limbaugh continued, "but President Obama single-handedly understood what was at stake here. He alone understood the need to get DNA to prove the death ... it was President Obama single-handedly and alone who came up with the strategy that brought about the effective assassination of Osama bin Laden," the radio host said, concluding, "Thank God for President Obama."

Aside from that, I agree that this will not seal his re-election bid. The GOP is doing that for him.

Timeline

Limbaugh said that?! Has anyone checked the temperature in hell; I think it has frozen over.

:rofl:

After watching Obama give the speech on Sunday, my mom kept on swooning about how calm and unfazed he was and gave no hint of what was at stake for the US at the Correspondents' Dinner. Reassure those 60+; they're the ones who actually make it to the polls.

Первый блин комом.

Timeline

Limbaugh said that?! Has anyone checked the temperature in hell; I think it has frozen over.

:rofl:

After watching Obama give the speech on Sunday, my mom kept on swooning about how calm and unfazed he was and gave no hint of what was at stake for the US at the Correspondents' Dinner. Reassure those 60+; they're the ones who actually make it to the polls. And now that it is believed that Republicans want to get rid of Medicare, well...

Edited by eekee

Первый блин комом.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Obama will be re-elected but not because of this.

The last election was Obama, media rock star, celebrity status, people in love, fainting, crying upon his sight or hyperventilating when his voice penetrated their ears.

He was up against a 90 year old man that was out of touch with modern technology and society. After running the numbers (and seeing he was way behind) he picked a woman VP in a desperate attempt to pick up some steam...

In the end I think the 90 year old guy lost by 6% which is not a landslide...and considering he was one of the worst possible candidates he actually did pretty good.

If the GOP puts up someone that makes a little sense and looks good the worst possible scenario is a very close election....Maybe a loss by 1 to 2 percent (McCain, terrible candidate, only lost by 6%)...

But my prediction is the GOP will win by 2 to 5 percent.

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1