thongd4me

Poll: Is Obama's Re-Election Guaranteed due to Success of Seals?

The Re-Election Question  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: Is Obama's re-election guaranteed now that Osama Bin Laden is history?

• Yes
    • Maybe - leaning toward Yes
    • Maybe - leaning toward No
    • No
    • Not Sure
    • Don't Care

64 posts in this topic

Medal of Honor - May 2011

I noticed that just one day following the announcement of the stunning commando raid,

President Obama called a special press conference, not to congratulate himself on this

mission's success, but to award the Congressional Medal of Honor posthumously to

two Korean War veterans, on of them conspicuously from Hawaii.

Poll: Is Obama's re-election guaranteed now that Osama Bin Laden is history?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgqfm39xlVU

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

I thought Bush senior had reelection clinched after the victory in the first Gulf War. Americans were eating the victory up at the time and Bush was riding high...but he didn't get reelected.

Bin Laden's death alone isn't going to get Obama reelected.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

After how he has handled the economy and his immigration policies I don't think he stands a chance to win re elections.

He came in with the "Hope and Change" and it has turned in "Doom and Gloom"

If the Republicans can find a decent canidate I think it will be landslide victory for the GOP...

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I thought Bush senior had reelection clinched after the victory in the first Gulf War. Americans were eating the victory up at the time and Bush was riding high...but he didn't get reelected.

He won the Gulf War... but he didn't get Saddam.

Also, I don't see the Republicans having anyone on their side with the charisma of a Bill Clinton. I mean, there is still time, but so far it looks to me like the strongest candidate is Mitt Romney, who is

a) Mormon, which makes undecideds who are more to the left uneasy. A president who doesn't drink caffiene? Unamerican!

and

b) he got universal health care in Massachusetts, which, while it makes those undecideds to left like him more, is alienating to the Republican base.

Edited by eekee

Первый блин комом.

Filed: Timeline

He gave the mission go ahead. He knew if it failed it could have meant the final death blow to his presidency. Think of all the ways this could have failed. He staked his presidency on this mission and the gamble paid off.

That said, nothing guarantees re-election. Certainly not something that happens 19 months before an election.

Timeline

He gave the mission go ahead. He knew if it failed it could have meant the final death blow to his presidency. Think of all the ways this could have failed. He staked his presidency on this mission and the gamble paid off.

That said, nothing guarantees re-election. Certainly not something that happens 19 months before an election.

If it had failed... no one would have known about it. I am sure there have been tons of attempts at bin Laden, etc. that the general public and even Congress have not been privy to.

Первый блин комом.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Though the media is peeing al over its self with joy at lavishing all credit on Obama.... I still voted no.

Obama will be re-elected but not because of this.

He played too little roll and the distance of time to election day is a bit far for this to have that long of legs.

Add to this the reports coming out that none of this would have even been possible had :enhanced" interrogation methods not been used rather than the Obama kid-gloves policy, this thing could end up being a negative for Obamer.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

If it had failed... no one would have known about it. I am sure there have been tons of attempts at bin Laden, etc. that the general public and even Congress have not been privy to.

This raid didn't happen in no mans land Afghanistan. It happened in the nerve center of Pakistan. You're not going to have Americans killed or taken prisoner right by the border of Punjab and not have it become an international incident.

No, as the actual division of credit is:

1. 180+% Navy Seals
  2. 20+% US military intel
  3. -100% to ISI, and Pak military (as the location is evidence that Musharraf and Kayani helped bin-Laden hide--no surprise, as Kayani was prior to 2008 head of ISI)

How much credit does Obama deserve--same as Carter deserved for Camp David (none--as it would have happened anyway even if Ford/Dole had won in 1976)!

Edited by Saddle Bronc

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

If gas prices keep going up and we see no to little changes in unemployment rate he will probably not win regardless to the killing of Osama.

Edited by _Simpson_

Timeline

If gas prices keep going up and we see no to little changes in unemployment rate he will probably not win regardless to the killing of Osama.

Only if people don't realize that going back to what got us into this mess in the first place--a Republican White House, deregulation dating back to Reagan, and voting for the top 1% whose top priority is to stay the top 1% at the expense of the middle class which pretty much doesn't exist anymore--is stupid.

You can't undo that kind of mess in two years, especially with an uncooperative Congress.

Edited by eekee

Первый блин комом.

I applaud the strike as much as anyone, but in the long run,

the voters have very short-term memories.

Hats off to Obama:

I think it was a very gutsy move because it had the potential

to be a disaster (if not more) akin to the "Bay of Pigs" fiasco.

However,

On the negative side, Osama may have got what he wanted

(martyrdom) which tends to fire the enthusiasm of fanatical

supporters. Only time will tell if this has been a REAL blow

to the advocates of terrorism.

My vote was no, I don't think he would be assured re-election,

although the killing of Osama was great news. The timing

co-incided with historic lows for Obama popularity polls...

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

... the middle class ... pretty much doesn't exist anymore--is stupid.

BS.

How?

I have better access to health care and housing... in Russia.

You said the middle class "doesn't exist anymore" in the U.S.

That an individual American may have better access to health care and housing in Russia doesn't prove that point at all.

However, the mere existence of a single middle-class individual in the U.S. does effectively rebut your point.