little immigrant

Had my interview today, Affidavit of Support got denied

79 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

It sounds like you need a good paying job now. Forget begging for co-sponsors. The trucking industry is in desperate need of man power. Don't know what you are doing now. But, it sounds to me like extra income is in order. I suggest you try trucking. You can train with one of the bigger companies, work for them for one year and move on to a better paying company. You will start at around $40,000 depending on miles driven. You will have a job for life. after about four years, you will be averaging 60-70K per year. Only a suggestion. You can start as early as next week if you do some serious investigating. I would try SWIFT Transport. They are the biggest operation in the US now and are always looking for drivers. If you have a decent driving record, no criminal record and a good work history, you will be a good candidate. Good luck. Alaways try to think outside that tiny box.

:ot::ot::ot:

Not everyone is cut out for that job... Making such a specific sugestion towards a career choice especially one that requires the kind of sacrifice that a truck driver has to make simply isn't appropriate for an immigration venue.. Truck Drivers work countless hours and 60-70K sounds good to many, but when you consider the sacrifice you make and hours you must work to make 60-70K, it's peanuts.. Being a truck drive is like being a musician, it's something you have to love to do...

That suggestion doesn't get the OP where he needs to be if its something he's gonna hate and eventually give up... It's not a thoughtful suggestion... Like any other career choice, its something you have to want to do..

:bonk:

:ot2::ot2::ot2:

danda226

I simply want ot encourage you.. You've come a long way to get to this point, so dont give up now.. Be creative.. If you need, take on a second job.. You need to show you're earning above the minimum requirement.. You can do that with a current employment as well as your tax returns.. Just think creatively, or as extremerecluse said; "outside the tiny box"..

Kenny

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

For all, please be aware the OP is the foreign spouse, not the petitioner. The petitioner is the one needing to improve their income.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Wait- I thought you only had your husband as sole sponsor? So you had your husband as a primary sponsor and a co-sponsor, and neither of them made the minimum? I am not sure why you'd have submitted a co-sponsor who didn't make the minimum? Afaik you can only have one co-sponsor (plus their household members, if relevant- such as if fling jointly with his wife), but I am not 100% on that.

Do I understand this correctly. When the co-sponsors wife would combine her income with his, they would be able to sponsor me? Do they have to sponsor my husband, since he is unemployed atm?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Would it also be an option, that the joint-sponsor includes income from any of his householdmembers? That would mean only one true joint sponsor, that is using another persons income too.

LDR since 2005

10.01.2010 got engaged

29.03.2010 -filed for K1 (VSC)

09.04.2010-NOA1

09.08.2010-NOA2-hardcopy in mail

14.08.2010 -Pack 3

27.08.2010 -Medical (Frankfurt)

16.09.2010-Pack4

21.09.2010-interview in Frankfurt

25./27.2010-Visa in Mail!

03.11.2010- Goodbye Deutschland!

16.12.2010-Wedding

25.02.2011-filed for AOS, EAD etc.

04.03.2011-NOA1

25.03.2001-AOS case transferred to CA

29.03.2011-Biometrics

28.04.2011-Combo Card:EAD+AP

30.04.2011-Greencard in Mail!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

:ot::ot::ot:

Not everyone is cut out for that job... Making such a specific sugestion towards a career choice especially one that requires the kind of sacrifice that a truck driver has to make simply isn't appropriate for an immigration venue.. Truck Drivers work countless hours and 60-70K sounds good to many, but when you consider the sacrifice you make and hours you must work to make 60-70K, it's peanuts.. Being a truck drive is like being a musician, it's something you have to love to do...

That suggestion doesn't get the OP where he needs to be if its something he's gonna hate and eventually give up... It's not a thoughtful suggestion... Like any other career choice, its something you have to want to do..

:bonk:

:ot2::ot2::ot2:

danda226

I simply want ot encourage you.. You've come a long way to get to this point, so dont give up now.. Be creative.. If you need, take on a second job.. You need to show you're earning above the minimum requirement.. You can do that with a current employment as well as your tax returns.. Just think creatively, or as extremerecluse said; "outside the tiny box"..

Kenny

Think of the alternative in the OPs case. No co sponsor. No valid I-134. No significant other coming to the US. No happiness. Absolute Despair. Loneliness. I like the other alternative. This can be a temporary fix. Again, we need to think outside the box. The CO looks at current income and what will they see at the next interview; many pay stubs and letter of employment. This is a slam dunk. Remember that this economy is in the garbage, so beggars cannot be too choosy.

Edited by extremerecluse

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The officer said we need to find a new one. I'm done with this. I don't have hope someone will help us.

You said the Officer Said you need a new Co-Sponsor..all you need do is look for someone that can do that for you and notify them.i am sure within weeks you will be called back

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Nigeria
I-129F Sent : 2011-06-08
I-129F NOA1 : 2011-06-17
I-129F RFE(s) : No RFE
RFE Reply(s) : No RFE
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-27
Interview: 2nd Week of January

Immigrant Visa rescheduled for second week of February 2012

Visa Refused on Immigration Purpose February 2013

We Got Married and Filed Spouse Visa

dancin5hr.gif Visa Approved in May 2013dancin5hr.gif

POE was Easy in June 2013

USA Citizen July 2016

Who cares to know how long My Visajourney was???

SSN Arrives on 07/01/2013

Timeline

Do I understand this correctly. When the co-sponsors wife would combine her income with his, they would be able to sponsor me? Do they have to sponsor my husband, since he is unemployed atm?

If the current joint sponsor's spouse works, yes they can combine their incomes by doing a new I-864 and I-864a from the joint sponsor's wife. No, they don't count your husband unless he is claimed as a dependent on their tax return.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

To avoid some confusions:

The OP is the German, currently living with her US. citizen husband, who is not employed.

The problem is, that the Co-Sponsor (not a future household member, so it would not be combining the income but he would be used as a joint sponsor)they were using, was just a few dollars under the guidelines this year. Therefore the question is more: Can the Joint-Sponsor himself take somebody of his household, and combine that ones income..to be a sufficient sponsor to the intending immigrant?

LDR since 2005

10.01.2010 got engaged

29.03.2010 -filed for K1 (VSC)

09.04.2010-NOA1

09.08.2010-NOA2-hardcopy in mail

14.08.2010 -Pack 3

27.08.2010 -Medical (Frankfurt)

16.09.2010-Pack4

21.09.2010-interview in Frankfurt

25./27.2010-Visa in Mail!

03.11.2010- Goodbye Deutschland!

16.12.2010-Wedding

25.02.2011-filed for AOS, EAD etc.

04.03.2011-NOA1

25.03.2001-AOS case transferred to CA

29.03.2011-Biometrics

28.04.2011-Combo Card:EAD+AP

30.04.2011-Greencard in Mail!

Timeline

To avoid some confusions:

The OP is the German, currently living with her US. citizen husband, who is not employed.

The problem is, that the Co-Sponsor (not a future household member, so it would not be combining the income but he would be used as a joint sponsor)they were using, was just a few dollars under the guidelines this year. Therefore the question is more: Can the Joint-Sponsor himself take somebody of his household, and combine that ones income..to be a sufficient sponsor to the intending immigrant?

The answer is yes but it's not at all clear the OP is already living in the USA, as visa interviews occur abroad.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

The answer is yes but it's not at all clear the OP is already living in the USA, as visa interviews occur abroad.

I am in Germany right now.

Another question: I have money saved up in my bank account. Can I transfer this money to my husband's american bank account to show savings/assets?

Edited by danda226

Timeline

I am in Germany right now.

Another question: I have money saved up in my bank account. Can I transfer this money to my husband's american bank account to show savings/assets?

Of course you can.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

The officer said we need to find a new one. I'm done with this. I don't have hope someone will help us.

You are almost there, compare to us who were even the NOA2 is still unknown. Try again..and you don't have the right to quit at this point. You are almost in the finishing line to be with your beloved...1 more step. You can do it. good.gif

IR-5 Timeline (Petitioning my mother from the Philippines)

01/06/2017 - Mailed Petition to Arizona Lockbox via USPS certified mail - Paid: $4 and change

01/09//2017 - Petition was received (Priority Date)

01/16/2017 - Received  text and email notification that case was accepted and routed to Texas Service Center

01/20//2017 - Received NOA1 in the mail (Form I-179c)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes, you can use your assets--this is directly from the I-864 instructions:

What If I Cannot Meet the Income Requirements?

....unless the requirement can be met using any combination of the following:

The value of your assets, the assets of any household member who has signed a Form I-864A, or the assets of the intending immigrant...

You may use the assets of the intending immigrant regardless of where he or she resides. The intending immigrant must provide evidence of such assets with this form. Form I-864A is not required to document the intending immigrant's assets.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.