476 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello... it is with great happiness I am finally posting in this section... Miss Hue is now in America and is actually my Mrs. now!!!... We could'nt be happier....

My wife was told she had to schedule an appointment with a Dr. by Feb. 27th (she interviewed Jan. 24 and just arrived Feb 9th), but she was not told where or with whom or what for. She just received a little slip from the IOM, written in VN. Is this for an update on immunizations? We have not even sent the I-485 yet (waiting for certified copies of the marriage cert).

Thanks for any help you can give... :yes:

Hi everybody. This is kind of off topic, I was just hoping someone could help with this. I am filing for adjustment of status after the approved fiance visa. On the G-325a previosly i put none for A number. Do they give you one with your fiance visa or is it still none? There is a number on the visa that starts with an A. Is that the A number? Thank you ver much.

In your visa you will see numbers there that's started with letter A, thats your A#. A meaning Alien number. don't put none. that's the most important #.

~PDQ!!!

Timeline
Hi,

We are in a similar situation. We were married at the end of Feburary, and her visa expired Apr 14, 2009. We are now in the process of filling the AOS.

According to the Questions and Answers on AOS from this site: Many newsgroup couples have filed for AOS a few days or weeks after the 90 day limit with no problems. Thus far, newsgroup experience has shown this is not a major issue with local USCIS (INS) offices.

I am just hoping it is still ok to file.

DanAnalyn

hi, don't worry if you filed your AOS late,. I filed mine late also and I received my EAD already,. it doesn't matter even though its late, as long as you didn't go to other country.

~PDQ!!!

Timeline
I am confused please help regarding AOS

My fiance arrived on 08/19/2008 and her k1 visa expiration date was 11/12/2008. We got married on 10/24/2008 which is before 90 days deadline. We didn't apply for AOS yet because of the high fee and now I am preparing my forms. Recently I read somewhere to apply as soon as possible before k1 visa expiration and I didn't know. I thought as long as you marry within 90 days then you can apply for AOS anytime you want. Please help me.

Thanks

its fine if you are going to apply late, the most important is you got married with in 90 days. As long as the applicant will not going to go to other country, he or she can apply AOS even after 90 days deadline.

~PDQ!!!

Timeline
hello everybody,

I am still hanging on my Adjustment of status because I am not sure which one have to be notarized. Please help me....hope to hear some inouts about it.

Thank you

In AOS you don't need to notarize your Documents.

~PDQ!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi could anyone help us? that would be appreciated, here are my questions:

1. i 485 form. in alien number or A# should i put dash(-) ? also in i 94? in my passport there is no dash.

2. i 485 form part 3. letter A. in city/town/village of birth, should i put just city or include country name? for example manila, philippines???

non-immigrant visa number w/ dash?

3. G325A for address province or state? should i put city? or country name?

alien number w/ dash?

4. G325A applicants employment for last 5 years. should i include or put student plus year?

5. I 765 form number 13. place of last entry into US. can i put LA, CA or LAX, CA?

number 16. © (9) () ? or () © (9) ? whats the correct way to put?

number 17. do i need to fill out these?

6. I 131 form part 2 application type. should i mark letter d? or a?

part 2 1-5 should i leave it blank???

6. I 131 form am i going to leave blank? we dont plan to go anywhere? can we fill out in advance?

hope someone could help us in our questions...thanks so much..

September 2008: started k1 process

November 2008: attorney send i 129f g325A and other documents

November 24, 2008: NOA1 finally

February 20, 2009: NOA2 at last

March 4, 2009: Got MNL number

March 21, 2009: Received USEM letter thanks god

March 24-25, 2009: Medical Passed thanks god

April 22, 2009: INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!

April 22, 2009: Approved K1 Visa THANKS BE TO GOD!

( thanks to my friends here and someone who answers all the questions i have its a long journey we thank u so much)

April 29, 2009 : Visa on hand

April 30, 2009: CFO

May 7, 2009: leaving phils to lax

May 29, 2009: civil wedding

june 10 2009: ssn got w/ married name

july 22, 2009 aos packet sent

and then follows AOS filling and got GC at novemeber 2009...

Timeline
hi could anyone help us? that would be appreciated, here are my questions:

1. i 485 form. in alien number or A# should i put dash(-) ? also in i 94? in my passport there is no dash.

A# has dashes while I94 dont

2. i 485 form part 3. letter A. in city/town/village of birth, should i put just city or include country name? for example manila, philippines???

non-immigrant visa number w/ dash?

city,town/country & ur visa number dont have dashes.

3. G325A for address province or state? should i put city? or country name?

alien number w/ dash?

just follow the instruction..... when required city,province or state and country then provide ur answer in each box.

4. G325A applicants employment for last 5 years. should i include or put student plus year?

if u are an employee for the last 5 years then u can put it.

5. I 765 form number 13. place of last entry into US. can i put LA, CA or LAX, CA?

checked ur port of entry( I-94 ) that is that answer of your question. eg . Atlanta, Georgia or Detroit, Michigan or Los Angeles, California

number 16. © (9) () ? or () © (9) ? whats the correct way to put?

read instruction what category u belong.

number 17. do i need to fill out these?

again read instruction

6. I 131 form part 2 application type. should i mark letter d? or a?

part 2 1-5 should i leave it blank???

6. I 131 form am i going to leave blank? we dont plan to go anywhere? can we fill out in advance?

and for ur questions on advance parole i am sorry i am not able to help it for i didnt apply for these maybe some member will help with this.

Okay, darling, goodluck in your application.

hope someone could help us in our questions...thanks so much..

Strike till the IRON is HOT

K3 flow

wedding date 04/24/07

130 sent 07/27/07

noa1 09/10/07

noa2 03/13/08

129f sent 09/10/07

noa1 09/24/07

noa2 03/13/08

package rcvd by NVC 04/04/08

date rcvd by consulate 04/09/08

passed - my medical 05/15/08

APPROVED - interview date (K3 visa ) 05/28/08

VISA delivered - - - - - June 05, 2008

POE @ Detroit - - - - - - June 21, 2008

submit AOS application to Chicago Lockbox - - - May 14, 2009

Check encashed - - - - - - - - -- - - -- -- - --- --- May 22, 2009

NOA1 for AOS & EAD received- - - - - -- --------- -May 26, 2009

Letter for Biometrics received from the mail----- June 11, 2009

Appointment for Biometrics------------------------ June 26, 2009

Card Production Ordered 4 EAD------------------- June 26, 2009

EAD approval - - - - - - - - - -- - -- - - - - - - -- -- July 02, 2009

Received EAD from the mail ----------------------- July 06,2009

Received noticed for I-485 - ----------------------- July 11, 2009

Schedule for Interview & Passed ---------------- August 12, 2009

Green Card Production --------------------------- August 12, 2009

Welcome Notice Received------------------------- August 20,2009

GCard/PR received-------------------------------- August 24, 2009

Timeline
Hi, i hope you guys could help me with this one... i received a notice from USCIS just yesterday about request for applicant to appear for initial interview on may 25, 2006. Is this the real interview for AOS approval or should i expect another interview date? And there are questions about what to bring, coz i've been here in the US for only about 3 months and we've been married for only 2 months and when it comes to joint account, utility bills and lease agreement it is in my husband's name. What we got so far is medical insurance from TRICARE,my military id card stating im a spouse of an active military personnel so i can get into the base. And i still havent got my EAD approval too. Here's our time line for our application process

2-02-2006 arrived in the US

2-21-2006 got married

3-16-2006 mailed the AOS and EAD to USCIS

3-17-2006 USCIS received the packets

3-21-2006 received NOA for AOS and EAD

3-24-2006 received NOA for biometrics and fingerprinting on april 7, 2006 for my AOS and EAD

4-07-2006 did my biometrics and fingerprinting

4-19-2006 NOA for request for applicant to appear for initial interview

... no news for my ead yet...

The biggest thing that they are going to ask you is whether you are the beneficiary for his military life insurance. Utility bills can easily go in your name too and my husband and I had no problem getting a joint bank account with just my military ID card.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
My father is the joint sponsor for my now husband. we are now filing for aos. I was wondering if we should both fill out the 1864 or if he should fill out the I864 A? thanks for any help someone can give me for this.

If it's a joint sponsor you both have to file the form I-864

ROC

09-10-2011 : ROC package sent

09-13-2011 : Check Cashed

09-17-2011 : NOA received

10-24-2011: Biometrics appointment

07-02-2012: Application Accepted

07-10-2012: Greencard Received!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AOS from H1B

Timeline:

08/29/09 ----- AOS Package Mailed (I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-131)

08/31/09 ----- Package delivered in Chicago

09/04/09 ----- Checks cashed

09/11/09 ----- Received all 4 NOA´s (Dated 09/04/09)

09/14/09 ----- Received Biometrics Letter for I-485 & I-765 (Appointment: 10/08/09)

10/08/09 ----- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/08/09 ----- AP Approval Notice and EAD Card Production Ordered sent

10/16/09 ----- AP received

10/17/09 ----- EAD received

11/05/09 ----- Interview Appointment Received - Interview on 12/10/09

12/10/09 ----- Interview Approved!!Card production ordered.

12/14/09 ----- Welcome Letter Received

12/22/09 ----- GC Received!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
This general guides apply to people who are required to file for Adjustment of Status once they enter the US to maintain their legal status. This applies to certain non-immigrant visa holders with a K1, K3, and others. Once you file you will have several options available to track your case.

Review the following:

Here are two documents that describe your rights and responsibilities as a Legal US Permanent Resident:Helpful Tips:

Tip #1 (updated by member: Joanna&Bobby):

When you apply to adjust status in the States, assuming you as a K-1 holder apply within one year of the original medical, you need I-693.The instructions to form I-693 say: What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and had a medical exam overseas?

If you were admitted as a:

A.K-1 fiancé(e), or K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e), or as a

B.K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S citizen

C.You received a medical examination prior to admission, then

a.You are not required to have another medical examination as long as your form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status,is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination

b.You will, however, be required to complete Part 1,information about you,and submit the vaccination secton of Part 2 with your adjustment of status application. A designated civil surgeon must complete the vaccination section and Part 5 the Civil Surgeon’s Certification

Here's where it gets tricky! Some people have submitted a DS-3025 (obtained overseas at your medical documenting your vaccinations) with their AOS package and have NOT received RFE's. Some HAVE. If you want to be absolutely safe in terms of your medical documentation as a K-1 adjusting status, you should take your DS-3025 to a USCIS-certified civil surgeon and ask them to transfer the information from your DS-3025 to an I-693. They should do this for a nominal charge. If they try to tell you you need a full medical examination, DO NOT LISTEN. You ONLY need the vaccination part. The following memo from the USCIS documents that this completed form will remain valid beyond one year when submitted with most Adjustment of Status applications.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/I693MedExt011106.pdf

The civil surgeon should give you an I-693 documenting the fact that your vaccinations are complete (either they were completed when you had your medical or you had them completed stateside). You should submit this with your AOS package.

Tip #2

Our interviewing officer gave us a list of documents needed to prove common residence, I thought it would be handy and maybe it can be pinned. I've typed it out verbatim.

TYPES OF DOCUMENTS NEEDED TO PROVE COMMON RESIDENCE

(The most important requirement of common residnce proof is that both names of husband and wife must be on these documents listed below, i.e. "joint accounts")

1. Home Contract copy; Rental copy; lease copy; or affidavit from person you are living with which explains the living arrangements.

2. Copies of utility bills; gas; light; electric; phone; cable; satellite

3. Joint bank accounts (must be in both names)

4. Credit/Debit Cards (under both names)

5. Insurances:

a. Auto Insurance

b. Life Insurance - submit copy of policy showing beneficiaries

c. Medical - submit copy of medical cards for each person

6. Photos;

a. When you were dating/courtship period (3 each)

b. Marriage photos (3 each)

c. Birthdays, anniversaries; Christmas; holidays; family gatherings, vacation trips; etc...... (3 each)

7. Babies - Bring copies of birth certificates

8. Major Purchases: New Car; Television; Refrigerator; stove; household appliances, etc.

9. Driver's License (both must have same address to be any good).

10. Military Identification

11. Submit a one page letter describing how you met; how long you dated; or how long your lived together before getting married.

(Note: Ensure you bring copies of these documents; not originals)

Tip #3 (from Meauxna)

In the mad visa chase, we often overlook the end goal, Permanent Resident status. This is what allows a non-USC to live, work and travel freely in/out of the US indefinitely. Many times, people don't know what their rights and responsibilities are as PRs, or what documents they'll hold to show that status.

I highly recommend the following links for the foreign AND US partners.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

Rules about what you can and can't do as a PR.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/B4.pdf

How Do I Remove the Conditions on Permanent Residence Based on Marriage?

If you've been married for less than 2 years when you become a PR.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1____

Welcome to the United States:

A Guide for New Immigrants

OK, seems a bit hokey, especially since you've got a USC partner to show you the ropes, but take a look! There are things in there that I never even considered!

(removed from USCIS website)

how our we to do all this in 90 days? she just bearly got used to the weather and life here we are running around trying to get all docs we can

Timeline

Hi! I'm a new member to this forum and i haven't gone through all the discussion in this thread.

I just have a question regarding AOS. I'm done with the biometrics, how long does it take for me to get interviewed?

For me to be able to work here in the US, do i need to wait for the whole AOS process to be done?

Thanks!

Timeline
Hi! I'm a new member to this forum and i haven't gone through all the discussion in this thread.

I just have a question regarding AOS. I'm done with the biometrics, how long does it take for me to get interviewed?

For me to be able to work here in the US, do i need to wait for the whole AOS process to be done?

Thanks!

thanks felb at pink.. sabagay pero pink ung manalo sa lotto mukhang malabo di naman ako nataya :lol: :lol:

Filing date: 08-18-2009

NOA date for I-485: 08-25-2009 (receive in mail 08-29-2009)

I-485 Biometrics Appt Date: 09-16-2009 (receive in mail 09-01-2009)

EAD Filed Date: 08-18-2009

EAD NOA Date 08-25-2009

EAD RFE Date

EAD Biometrics Appointment Date: 09-16-2009

EAD Approved Date : 2009-09-30/2009-10-05(receive twice email from uscis)

I-485 Interview Appt Date: Nov.03.2009(receive in mail 10/07/2009)

AOS interview pass thank God for everything you are the light of world...

Receive Green Card: Nov 13, 2009

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Do what in 90 days? You only have to get married in 90 days after that take your time. But I would try to get the AOS packet out to USCIS before 180 days after your I-94 expires.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
"If you live in Texas, Oklahoma or New Mexico special processing requirements may apply to you. Please read this to find out if this applies to you."

This is a dead link??

I also wondered what the "This" is supposed to tell me.

how our we to do all this in 90 days? she just bearly got used to the weather and life here we are running around trying to get all docs we can

Your case must've been processed quickly. :lol: I had so much time between NOA1 and NOA2 that I gathered/filled out as much of the documents as possible for AOS. Once we got NOA2, I filled out a little more. So by the time we get married, I'll just have a bit left to complete. Matter of fact, I'll probably go ahead & address the envelope & everything now, to be one less thing to do after getting married.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I have a question about our AOS process and hopefully someone can help us. We received an RFE asking for my proof of U.S. Citizenship as I am the petitioner. No problem, I'm sending that right away. We didn't do our homework as well as we should have and when we sent the paperwork on the 88th day we realized she should have already had her vaccination supplement done. We went and got the vaccination report done after sending the initial paperwork and were expecting them to ask for it, but when the RFE came it was asking for my proof of citizenship rather than the vaccinations.

My question is should we send the I-693 in along with my proof of citizenship or should we just wait and hold it until they ask for it?

Thank You!

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.