faust-yusov

French burka ban: police arrest two veiled women

55 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Im just throwing out questions and ideas. I dont care if women wear the veil or not as long as its not being forced or against the law. France does what France wants to do. I was just curious how they will fine husbands if their wives break the law.

Example: Woman arrested for wearing, claims husband requires her to wear. Husband arrested.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Example: Woman arrested for wearing, claims husband requires her to wear. Husband arrested.

Husband released. Woman beaten to a bloody pulp.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

So nuns dont wear veils in France? What about Amish in France?

There is already a ban on all religious clothing in public schools. No one can wear an islamic headscarf, a jewish yarmulke, or even a catholic gold cross necklace to school. People are permitted to wear religious articles in public, like nuns, and people who want to wear islamic headscarves. However, this new ban applies to burkas and niqabs only, because they are perceived to be "too much" and more of a way to exert control over women than about religion.

There are no amish in France, and besides, Amish wear normal clothing, just outdated.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Catholicism is part of French culture. Islam isn't. The French want to keep France French. There is nothing wrong with that. If Muslims want to live in France, it behooves them to be French.

If France is secular, then, Catholism isn't part of their culture. Habits should also be banned.

I think this is a very good law, one that should be in every country. I'm all for peaceful protests but when people can cover their faces violence can occur...just look at the recent events in london.

In given situations I could understand. For example when security is a issue everyone should be easy to identify. To go and outlaw it all together is wrong and shame on France.

sad how far france has departed from "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

also sad to read such blatant misogyny. it's almost comical that the very same people in this thread who defend this law have also vigorously defended women's absolute autonomy over their uteruses, but applauds denying them that same autonomy over their own faces. there is no issue whatsoever or argument that france cannot make whatever half-assed bullsh!t laws they want. but to ignore the misogyny involved in denying women autonomy over their faces, or applaud such behavior is unconscionable. in that same vein, are mothers, sisters, grandmas, or aunts exempt from the whole forcing anyone to wear a veil will get you put in jail or fined? oops, it's not only men that can force someone to wear something they don't want to.

and lol @ "when people can cover their faces, violence can occur". how do you leave your house in the morning, for fear the sky might be falling? yr more likely to be injured in your own bathroom than you are to encounter an armed and dangerous criminal dressed in a niqab. bathrooms should clearly be banned for the same reasons.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

There is already a ban on all religious clothing in public schools. No one can wear an islamic headscarf, a jewish yarmulke, or even a catholic gold cross necklace to school. People are permitted to wear religious articles in public, like nuns, and people who want to wear islamic headscarves. However, this new ban applies to burkas and niqabs only, because they are perceived to be "too much" and more of a way to exert control over women than about religion.

There are no amish in France, and besides, Amish wear normal clothing, just outdated.

Alsace had them there. Not sure how many are still there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amish

Amish women do not cut their hair and they also always cover their hair.

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

"When in Rome, do as the Romans do."

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

sad how far france has departed from "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

also sad to read such blatant misogyny. it's almost comical that the very same people in this thread who defend this law have also vigorously defended women's absolute autonomy over their uteruses, but applauds denying them that same autonomy over their own faces. there is no issue whatsoever or argument that france cannot make whatever half-assed bullsh!t laws they want. but to ignore the misogyny involved in denying women autonomy over their faces, or applaud such behavior is unconscionable. in that same vein, are mothers, sisters, grandmas, or aunts exempt from the whole forcing anyone to wear a veil will get you put in jail or fined? oops, it's not only men that can force someone to wear something they don't want to.

and lol @ "when people can cover their faces, violence can occur". how do you leave your house in the morning, for fear the sky might be falling? yr more likely to be injured in your own bathroom than you are to encounter an armed and dangerous criminal dressed in a niqab. bathrooms should clearly be banned for the same reasons.

Bathrooms huh? Where is my fishing pole? There be a red kipper here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think this is a very good law, one that should be in every country. I'm all for peaceful protests but when people can cover their faces violence can occur...just look at the recent events in london.

Clearly there are situations in which concealing one's face is not legally or socially appropriate. To that end, private institutions have the right to determine their own policy regarding the attire of their employees or customers.

A law that stipulates that one must show one's face at all times in public, however, is frankly Orwellian - though preferable, it must be said, to constricting the ban to one particular piece of religious garb deemed unpalatable by the populist Western zeitgeist.

It's a repulsive piece of legislation that the French ought to be ashamed of.

Clearly there are situations in which concealing one's face is not legally or socially appropriate. To that end, private institutions have the right to determine their own policy regarding the attire of their employees or customers.

A law that stipulates that one must show one's face at all times in public, however, is frankly Orwellian - though preferable, it must be said, to constricting the ban to one particular piece of religious garb deemed unpalatable by the populist Western zeitgeist.

Luckily for Muslims living in the West, they can still move back to their respective country's if they don't like the laws in the country's they chose to migrated to. :)

btw how's the Christian church building working out in the Arabic country's? They still require women there to cover their heads ?

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Luckily for Muslims living in the West, they can still move back to their respective country's if they don't like the laws in the country's they chose to migrated to. :)

That's a rather sectarian perspective for an American, don't you think?

Perhaps you should move back to your respective country and give the natives back their bison.

That's a rather sectarian perspective for an American, don't you think?

Perhaps you should move back to your respective country and give the natives back their bison.

If they don't like it, they can leave. They know exactly what helped to bring these laws on. The EU is starting to change laws to help keep their identity. From Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, Germany, to France. They can lump it for leave it.

Now seeing how most of us on this board have an IQ above 10, we know exactly how most Muslim country's treat their own people, not to even mention Christian Westerners.

Orly airport, Charles DeGaulle airport...all have international flights back to Arabic country's. They can start there.

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Don't get me wrong, I'm aware of why the French government is doing this and it is for the wrong reason. But just a few months ago, a few people in the British government tried to pass a similar ban in order to catch the people throwing molotovs at an austerity demonstration by students. They were wearing masks.