TJ01212011

Check Status Syndrome...

41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Yep, in the beginning you check constantly. Then about month 2 you taper off because you know you have a while to wait. Then at month 4 you start back up again. Then at month 5 you start going insane and make USCIS your homepage :)

Had to laugh at this - totally true!! Our five month mark will be Monday and I presently have both USCIS web page and Igor's list constantly up - just hit refresh periodically :-)

2009/06/19 - 1st NOA 1 (I-129F)

2009/10/07 - NOA 2

2010/01/11 - interview; result - approved

2010/01/18 - received passport with visa in the mail

2010/02/05 - embassy calls and asked to return visa for a "correction"

2010/02/09 - fiance returns passport with visa to embassy

2010/03/09 - embassy tells us we are in "administrative review"

2010/09/07 - fiance receives passport back with canceled visa and letter; our petition has been returned to USCIS

2010/11/08 - 2nd NOA 1 (I-129F ROUND 2)

2011/04/19 - service request response - 6 months additional extensive background checks

2011/08/22 - 2nd NOA 2

2011/10/04 - interview

2011/10/20 - visa received

2011/11/04 - POE

2011/11/25 - legal marriage

2012/07/21 - wedding with family and friends!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

You are not alone! This pause between booking an interview and the actual interview (wooo! your day will come too!!) is throwing me off - there is no status to check up on and my little internet routine is suddenly so short... I felt extremely OCD the last few months!

Wow...off topic, but congrats for your interview coming up!!! Best of luck!

I-751 Removal of Conditions sent - 9/7/13

NOA1 received - 9/17/13

Biometrics appointment - 10/8/13

Removal of Conditions approved - 12/16/13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yep, in the beginning you check constantly. Then about month 2 you taper off because you know you have a while to wait. Then at month 4 you start back up again. Then at month 5 you start going insane and make USCIS your homepage :)

hahah homepage- i love it!

Jen

"Canadian in Georgia"

Filed: Country: Barbados
Timeline

Good Afternoon

I am glad to know that we are not alone, both my wife and i are checking Uscis every day.

Congratulations to those who have been approved already.

Good luck to those who are still waiting, just continue to pray.

Regards

Datbajanfella

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Obviously you have never been in the US Army. It is the same game. Hurry up and wait wait wait. Good luck to you. Lots of good suppoetive people here. Wait till you get to NVC you will be calling every minute and the same thing - just faster :hehe:

July 2, 2010 Elya and Ken Married in Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine
July 14, 2011 - Point of Entry Chicago. Arrived safely. Hurah
April 11, 2013 CSC Filed I-751

August 8, Pending Oath

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Just want to say that I wasn't a site-checker and it didn't hurt our chances whatsoever! We got NOA1 and NOA2 via the mail without a problem, never experienced any negatives due to not monitoring the USCIS site :)

So, by all means, check all you want!! But, if you stop checking, nothing bad is going to happen to your case.

well with the government shut down coming up,looks like its time to quit

Not necessarily - since USCIS is largely fee-supported, I've heard that it won't be greatly affected by a shut-down.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

DUDE! I feel like I have this syndrome! I'm checking our status at USCIS website everyday, 3 to 5 times a day since we received our case number! and we are only waiting for a month now, we still have 5 or more months to go!!! :bonk: I don't know if it just me or everyone here are doing the same...or I'm just getting nuts?!!! :crying::wacko::blink:

Anyways, Good day and have fun ya'll!

JT

I was the same way...It was exactly six months ,then i got a letter request for evidence, on day later i responded with everything they asked for.Then everything from that point on started moving a bit quick,we were apporved,then the case was sent to national visa center then 3 days later we had a case number.......

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I only check one time a week if that because i have the cell notification on IDK if they dont notify me why check?

My Proposal to kristine!!! :)

I-129F Sent : 2011-01-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-01-25

I-129F RFE(s): NONE!!!

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-06-02

Interview Date : 2011-09-01

Interview Result : Approved

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I only check one time a week if that because i have the cell notification on IDK if they dont notify me why check?

good for you :) I wish I can do that :crying: even after I enabled my email alert on, I still keep coming back to log on to it to check status...My fiance(the petitioner) is more relax than me. I'm the worrier between us. He told me to chillax (chill and relax :P).. if it'll approve, it will approve! but i don't know... :bonk:...

dude! I'm in the verge of making USCIS website as my hompage...:P:P:P

When life gives you lemons, ask for tequilla and salt....:)

Visa Journey

Mar 02 2011 - Sent I-129F package to Dallas Lockbox

Mar 08 2011 - Delivered to Dallas

Mar 11 2011 - Check in cashed..

Mar 12 2011 - Initial Review; Status Last update...

Mar 14 2011 - NOA1 received by email - petition routed to VSC

Aug 10 2011- unexpectedly received mail from NVC saying we are approved

w/ my MNL case # on it.

Aug 11 2011- My approved petition already at USEM :)

Aug 16 2011- Finally, USCIS update our status..

Aug 22-23 2011 - Medical Exam: Passed! yay!

Aug 22 2011 - finally received hardcopy of NOA2 on mail and we were approved since Jul 13, 2011

Sep 02 2011 - Interview date! approved!

Sep 14 2011 - Visa received!

Sep 19 2011 - POE (Guam)

Oct 14 2011 - Wedding Day

Nov 21 2011 - AOS Sent

Nov 25 2011 - AOS Delivered

Nov 30 2011 - NOA1s received by email/

Dec 06 2011 - NOA1s hard copies received dated Nov 30, 2011

Dec 22 2011 - Biometric done

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.