worrieddoc

Please Advise ..... We are unable to sleep ....Our AOS interview messed up

113 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

You will have a chance to appeal a denial, so that is what your lawyer should be discussing with you now, all of your options. To address your concerns about your wife, the US would not be deporting your wife she is a US citizen. If she choose to leave it will be her chose.

The hardship waiver would need to be file to justify if the US were to deport you why your wife would not be able to maintain her existence in the US or why she couldn't live in your country. Your immediate concern if I were you would be, how will a denial affect your professional obligation, and would you still be able to continue in the your professional role while you are appealing the denied decision.

Or tomorrow all of this could be a moot point, because you could receive notification, that your CG is in order production.

We can not live separate at any cost. We will prefer to die together than live separately.

God bless you. I will be extremely grateful to God if I get approved.

I really appreciate your replies.

Can you please Outline steps? What happens if Interview messed up? Please if you can give time line for each step. I will be extremely thankful.

We can not live separate at any cost. We will prefer to die together than live separately.

God bless you. I will be extremely grateful to God if I get approved.

I really appreciate your replies.

Can you please Outline steps? What happens if Interview messed up? Please if you can give time line for each step. I will be extremely thankful.

Two questions first:

What was the date of your AOS interview?

What role was your lawyer acting in during your AOS process? Was the lawyer your immigration advisor?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

If you've lied at the interview like your lawyer assumed, It's finished. You will be denied, your wife said twice that you've never met with her kids, and you said you did. your lawyer knows when something has screwed up.

Get ready for an appeal. and good luck :thumbs:

Edited by katiemanny

AOS TIMELINE

AOS package mailed on 12/16/08

AOS package delivered on 12/19/08

Check cashed on 12/26/08

NOA1 received on 12/30/08

Biometrics on 01/20/09

AOS interview on 04/30/09

EAD Card production ordered on 03/17/09

EAD Card received on 03/21/09

AOS interview APPROVED on 04/30/09

Card production ordered on 05/27/09

Welcome letter received on 06/05/09

Card production ordered again on 06/15/09

Permanent Resident Card received on 07/09/09

I-751 ROC TIMELINE

I-751 package mailed on 02/28/2011

I-751 package delivered on 03/02/2011

Check payment cashed on 03/04/2011

NOA1 received on 03/08/2011

Biometrics appointment on 04/05/2011

Card production ordered on 05/06/2011

I-751 Petition Approved on 05/06/2011

Approval letter received on 05/12/2011

Green Card finally received on 07/29/2011

Two questions first:

What was the date of your AOS interview?

What role was your lawyer acting in during your AOS process? Was the lawyer your immigration advisor?

My interview was last Thursday 5 days back.

Our attorney was sitting in the room. she continued writing something. During interview I got very nervous and looked towards her but she did not interfere.

when we left the interview she was mad at us and said we are dum.

If you've lied at the interview like your lawyer assumed, It's finished. You will be denied, your wife said twice that you've never met with her kids, and you said you did. your lawyer knows when something has screwed up.

Get ready for an appeal. and good luck :thumbs:

she was nervous and she forget.

What is appeal? how it works ?

My interview was last Thursday 5 days back.

Our attorney was sitting in the room. she continued writing something. During interview I got very nervous and looked towards her but she did not interfere.

when we left the interview she was mad at us and said we are dum.

she was nervous and she forget.

What is appeal? how it works ?

Did your lawyer really say you'll were dum? That is BAD.

First, maintain another lawyer.

Second, you and your wife needs to write down all of the questions and answers that were asked of you both and start comparing notes to see how bad the inconsistency were.

Third, if this marriage is only for the purpose of visa fraud, then you'll need to clean this up, because your wife can be charged with visa fraud. If this is a real marriage, then you need to invest some time with your wife's children, unless there is a court order in place that makes this impossible.

Third, if you'll wants to appeal this yourselves, then I would suggest at least a consult with an immigration lawyer to discuss all of your options. This site Immigration2us.net has a weekly free lawyer advise forum, visit there for a start.

Until you actual receive a denial it is hard to say what your time frame will be, so all I can offer as advise is how to start your primarily information gathering.

Did your lawyer really say you'll were dum? That is BAD.

First, maintain another lawyer.

Second, you and your wife needs to write down all of the questions and answers that were asked of you both and start comparing notes to see how bad the inconsistency were.

Third, if this marriage is only for the purpose of visa fraud, then you'll need to clean this up, because your wife can be charged with visa fraud. If this is a real marriage, then you need to invest some time with your wife's children, unless there is a court order in place that makes this impossible.

Third, if you'll wants to appeal this yourselves, then I would suggest at least a consult with an immigration lawyer to discuss all of your options. This site Immigration2us.net has a weekly free lawyer advise forum, visit there for a start.

Until you actual receive a denial it is hard to say what your time frame will be, so all I can offer as advise is how to start your primarily information gathering.

we love each other and we are happily married from dec 2009. We were planning to meet with kids. Our logic was stupid. Kids knows I am Doc. They expect that i have a good car, big house. I have not started residency after which I will have all these things. We were expecting that this interview will go through and I will start residency/specialization. I was working with a hospital on OPT visa. I meet once with them they are sweet kids.

We discussed the questions after we reached home. There are not huge inconsistencies. except this Kid question we did not have big any differences also.

Immigration lady called her and asked her the kid question again. which scare us if it is perjury or misrepresentation. Which is not it is a confusion and huge mistake.

We have plenty of evidence of living together. Lease, insurance, bank accounts, Bills, Pictures.

Okay DOC, you are going to be fine, just concentrate on moving forward, and remember you will need to be DOC/HUSBAND/FATHER. Your GC will probably be approved soon. Good luck. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Okay DOC, you are going to be fine, just concentrate on moving forward, and remember you will need to be DOC/HUSBAND/FATHER. Your GC will probably be approved soon. Good luck. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I pray you are right.I will be extremely thank full to God. I promise with God I will volunteer one day of week to charity. Please God help us.

just please one more question. Can they deny my case based on Kids question in which i said i meet with them and she said never. And immigration lady video recoded that? They can charge us for misrepresentation or perjury?

I am not worried about rest of interview. If they want extra evidence we can give them our pictures/cards that we took with us but they never asked to show. We have one year of phone bills also which shows how much we call to each other.

You two sure went through a lot, first to say, am sorry to read that they separated you for interviewing. Yes, it is not normal for them to do so unless they have doubts and want to get the proof that there is a bond between the couple and no scam marriage.

But you did well !!! I mean, c'mon you met your wife's kids only once, way back and only briefly, this is no reason for them to deny you. There is much more important evidence for them to see that your marriage is love based and not for a cause. You were able to answer these questions like about your daily life, your past history otherwise all without problems and matching to each other's answer so there shouldn't be any reasons for them to deny your case. You also still had some more evidence you can submit if they issue an RFE.

Yes, if push comes to shove, you are not deported right away, you always have the right to appeal a denial, which I highly doubt is going to happen. Today's Wednesday, your interview was last Thursday, whether morning or afternoon, after 5 hours they probably didn't work much on that case anymore that day and then there was only 4 working days incl. today since then. You know from experience by now that it can always take quite a while and makes it seem like forever before your application moves on.

As far as the lawyer goes, yes, totally agree, not consult her anymore - her treating you guys like that is clearly unacceptable, there is more sincere ones out there, or even if you need legal advice regarding immigration again, there is non profit organizations like Catholic Charities (don't need to be catholic) that offer low-cost consultations, advice and help from immmigration attorneys.

Now get some sleep!! :)

Keep us posted, we're crossing our fingers for you!!

Maxximus

10/13/2010 - Mailed in The Package (AOS, I-765, I-130)

10/17/2010 - USPS confirms delivery to USCIS

10/25/2010 - Check cashed

10/26/2010 - All applications been worked on aka touched

10/28/2010 - NOA1 Receipts for applications received

11/24/2010 - Received appointment for biometrics in the mail for 12/17 *yay*

12/17/2010 - 9.25 a.m. - 9.45 a.m. Biometrics done !!

12/23/2010 - EAD Approved and Card on its way - Email notification received *yay*

01/03/2011 - WOOOHOOO ...EAD Card in Hand!

01/04/2011 - Oh boy....Received Interview Letter today - February 3rd is the day! :)

02/03/2011 - Interview scheduled 12:45 p.m. - out of there before 1:30 p.m. - further review

Coming home, checking for touches at 5:30 p.m. - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED !!!!

Thank you All on Visajourney for your inputs, experiences and thoughts!!!

02/09/2011 - Yup another e-mail saying that my card production was ordered.

02/10/2011 - E-mail notification "Approval letter was sent today"

02/14/2011 - Welcome Letter / Approval NOA and Card (separate envelope) received!!! :D

Late November 2012 (have to look up my receipts ;) - mailed in ROC I-751

12/12/2012 - NOA 1, status extension received

12/18/2012 - Biometrics appointment letter received

01/08/2013 - Biometrics done

The inconsistent answers to the questions about her kids is not the reason you are in this mess. They conducted a Stokes interview, which means they had serious doubts before those questions were asked. They didn't view any of the evidence you brought, so there is NO WAY that this suspicion arose at the interview. They had strong suspicions before the interview ever began.

I strongly suspect that her first husband is the reason for this. You said he got his citizenship through her. He also has custody of her kids. Fathers don't usually get sole custody of the kids in the US unless the mother is found unfit, or she simply has no emotional connection with the kids. If there are any other unusual circumstances with the first marriage, like if they divorced before he got his 10 year green card or if there was a VAWA claim involved, then that would only compound their suspicion.

They focused their questions on the kids because they want to know how a woman could live with her new husband for more than a year without having regular contact with her children, and without her new husband also having regular contact with them. This situation makes it look like she had no emotional investment in her previous marriage, and therefore no emotional attachment to the children produced from that marriage. In other words, they suspect that first marriage was a sham to help her first husband get a green card, and now she's interviewing to help her second husband get a green card. 2 + 2 = ???

Your attorney has failed you miserably. When she learned about the circumstances of the first marriage, and the fact that immigration was also involved in that marriage, she should have asked a million questions and collected as much information as possible about that marriage, the immigration benefits involved, and the circumstances surrounding the divorce. She should have also known that a second marriage to an immigrant would be scrutinized by USCIS, and she should have prepared both of you for the very real possibility of a Stokes interview.

You need a new attorney. This time, you need to grill the attorney about their experience and track record with similar cases before you write a check. Do a little basic research into the law, as it relates to your case, and you'll be better equipped to ask questions that will help you determine if your attorney knows what they are doing. A good attorney will be expensive, but it will mean the difference between success or deportation.

They live more than 8 years together. There was no VAWA claim. They guy served in marine and then he joined police. They used to have constant fights. She meet kids although less coz of step mom drama. She sacrificed to stay away coz as singe mom she was unable to provide kids the life that he is giving them as he is more stable financially. Especially her mom sudden death left her emotionally week she used to cry whole day.

Our attorney never prepared us for stroke interview she was confidant we will be out in 30 mins as we are married so long and we have so solid case with evidences. which immigration people did not even seen.

How to find a good attorney. I am ready to invest big money as well. can you please tell be best attorney in Texas. or can you tell me where to find attorney ranking?

They live more than 8 years together. There was no VAWA claim. They guy served in marine and then he joined police. They used to have constant fights. She meet kids although less coz of step mom drama. She sacrificed to stay away coz as singe mom she was unable to provide kids the life that he is giving them as he is more stable financially. Especially her mom sudden death left her emotionally week she used to cry whole day.

Our attorney never prepared us for stroke interview she was confidant we will be out in 30 mins as we are married so long and we have so solid case with evidences. which immigration people did not even seen.

How to find a good attorney. I am ready to invest big money as well. can you please tell be best attorney in Texas. or can you tell me where to find attorney ranking?

Go over here: http://immigrate2us.net/forum/search.php?searchid=387458 for attorney.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

please advice us what to do we are misreble right now. Our whole life and future is about to be destroyed. Our AOS interview messed up and my attorney say I have to leave USA if it is denied and she says she is confident it will be denied.

Background:

We started living together in aug 2009. got married in Dec 2009 and filed for AOS in Jan 2011. Received Interview on April 2011 .

i am doc by profession and i was/am on F1 with OPT. My wife was married before and she has two kids which are not part of our lives. They are living with their father. I was never out of status. Never and no criminal background.

Interview:

Our attorney always told us that your case will be easy as we are together from so long time and you have lot of evidence like lease from one and half years old bank account together, etc

But the interview was most horrible experience in my life. It took 5 hours. we were questioned separately . during which We were scared to death. although most of answers were similar but a blunder/bad luck happened. and now i want to hit the walls

She asked how many kids she has from previous marriage. what is their name , age, we answered the same. When she asked did you met with them how many times?

I said yes I met with kids. I was so blank i could not remember how many times. she said what you did together . I was sweeting i said movies etc. My wife said I never met with them she forget/ went blank due to pressure. reality is that I meet once and it was not a long meeting, and it was before marriage when we were living together more than year and half ago.

The immigration officer called her again and asked he if i meet with kids? she again said no. We both were scared during the interview and many times went blank we were not expecting this. we were grilled for 5 hours.

when we come out of interview our attorney told us that either of you lied under oath so you case is finished you have to leave USA.

Kids are not part of our life. we will be tried for perjury?

what could happen? what are our options? I will be deported ? I will be inadmissible to USA? can i go back on my non immigrant status ?

I am MD with complete license in my home country and I am completing license in USA. I have Masters from USA. My home country is in stat of war. US army is fighting along home country army with terrorist. I am scared to death. We can not go back. She can be easily spotted as American.

Please advice us we are unable to sleep or eat?

There is something in your application that has rasied the flag - just one question not matching would not be base of denial or intense questioning.

As another user said, changing a lawyer is not going to change anything - another lawyer cannot influence or change the decision made by USCIS.

I dont think there is a way you can appeal for another interview, the option I am aware of is that you might have to return to your home country and she would have to file for CR1 and continue from there on.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

we love each other and we are happily married from dec 2009. We were planning to meet with kids. Our logic was stupid. Kids knows I am Doc. They expect that i have a good car, big house. I have not started residency after which I will have all these things. We were expecting that this interview will go through and I will start residency/specialization. I was working with a hospital on OPT visa. I meet once with them they are sweet kids.

We discussed the questions after we reached home. There are not huge inconsistencies. except this Kid question we did not have big any differences also.

Immigration lady called her and asked her the kid question again. which scare us if it is perjury or misrepresentation. Which is not it is a confusion and huge mistake.

We have plenty of evidence of living together. Lease, insurance, bank accounts, Bills, Pictures.

Dude you are not making any sense, I would not think you were avoding the kids coz they were expecting you to have big house and big car and you dont have them - thats the reason u were avoiding them?????

Are you sure u did not marry this woman to get Perm Resid?????

You are married since 2009 and now in 2011 you are on OPT ???? you are already doc from your home country, but you are doing your resd now in 2011 ???

what you are saying on here does not add up either.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.