worrieddoc

Please Advise ..... We are unable to sleep ....Our AOS interview messed up

113 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

please advice us what to do we are misreble right now. Our whole life and future is about to be destroyed. Our AOS interview messed up and my attorney say I have to leave USA if it is denied and she says she is confident it will be denied.

Background:

We started living together in aug 2009. got married in Dec 2009 and filed for AOS in Jan 2011. Received Interview on April 2011 .

i am doc by profession and i was/am on F1 with OPT. My wife was married before and she has two kids which are not part of our lives. They are living with their father. I was never out of status. Never and no criminal background.

Interview:

Our attorney always told us that your case will be easy as we are together from so long time and you have lot of evidence like lease from one and half years old bank account together, etc

But the interview was most horrible experience in my life. It took 5 hours. we were questioned separately . during which We were scared to death. although most of answers were similar but a blunder/bad luck happened. and now i want to hit the walls

She asked how many kids she has from previous marriage. what is their name , age, we answered the same. When she asked did you met with them how many times?

I said yes I met with kids. I was so blank i could not remember how many times. she said what you did together . I was sweeting i said movies etc. My wife said I never met with them she forget/ went blank due to pressure. reality is that I meet once and it was not a long meeting, and it was before marriage when we were living together more than year and half ago.

The immigration officer called her again and asked he if i meet with kids? she again said no. We both were scared during the interview and many times went blank we were not expecting this. we were grilled for 5 hours.

when we come out of interview our attorney told us that either of you lied under oath so you case is finished you have to leave USA.

Kids are not part of our life. we will be tried for perjury?

what could happen? what are our options? I will be deported ? I will be inadmissible to USA? can i go back on my non immigrant status ?

I am MD with complete license in my home country and I am completing license in USA. I have Masters from USA. My home country is in stat of war. US army is fighting along home country army with terrorist. I am scared to death. We can not go back. She can be easily spotted as American.

Please advice us we are unable to sleep or eat?

Edited by worrieddoc

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

Get another attorney that believes in your case. Be honest as you can be about everything. People make mistakes. I am so sorry you are going through this. Thank you for posting this because it shows the rest of us how costly our mistakes might be. Don't give in or give up. Request another interview and be as honest and convincing of your love for one another as you can be. Good Luck.

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Closed NVC Ocotber 11, 2011

Interview Date: January 12,2012

Thank you my wonderful God in Heaven.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am so sorry for your denial. When you wife said you never met the kids and you said you did, that means one of you is not telling the truth. Were there any other questions that were not mathced? Sometimes people don't think clearly under pressure and say the wong think unintentionally. But I'm sure there were other questions that were asked that did not match. Isn't there a way for you to appeal the decision?

USCIS (204 days)

08-05-10: I-130 package sent USPS Express

08-06-10: Package delivered in Chicago (Received Date) (Priority Date)

08-18-2010: NOA1 (Notice Date) Received text & email with case number, Check Cashed

08-21-10: Hardcopy NOA1

11-02-10 Case Transferred from CSC to TSC

11-03-10 Hardcopy Transfer to TSC Notice

11-24-10 Transferred TSC to USCIS Office

02-14-11 Received e-mail & text for RFE

02-18-11 Hard Copy RFE

02-28-11 Mailed RFE overnight

03-03-11 RFE received by TSC

03-10-2011 NOA2 Approved

03-16-11 TSC mailed package to NVC

03-17-11 Hard Copy NOA2

03-18-01 NVC Received package

NVC (Electronic Processing) (87 days)

03-18-2011 Case number assigned, OPTIN e-mailed

03-21-11 Gave e-mails; received IID# BID#; Submitted DS-261

03-22-11 AOS Invoiced, Sent AOS Payment

03-23-11 AOS shows PAID, e-mailed AOS Package

03-25-11 IV Invoiced, Sent IV Payment

03-28-11 IV Shows PAID

03-30-11 Completed DS-260

04-07-11 OPTIN Accepted; AOS Package resent

04-18-11 Submitted Supporting Documents for IV

04-19-11 Received RFE for AOS

04-23-11 Received False RFE for Missing IV

05-02-11 E-mailed AOS RFE

05-06-11 Resent IV

05-23-11 False RFE for Missing AOS RFE; Resent AOS RFE

06-10-11 SIF

06-13-11 Case Complete

Consulate/Medical

06-14-11 Interview Scheduled for 07-18-11

I am so sorry for your denial. When you wife said you never met the kids and you said you did, that means one of you is not telling the truth. Were there any other questions that were not mathced? Sometimes people don't think clearly under pressure and say the wong think unintentionally. But I'm sure there were other questions that were asked that did not match. Isn't there a way for you to appeal the decision?

We have not received any intent to deny or denial notice. We just went through this AOS interview. our attorney say it will be denied. Immigration officer did not asked for pics and cards and additional stuff we took with us.

I am most worried that if i become inadmissible to USA?

Get another attorney that believes in your case. Be honest as you can be about everything. People make mistakes. I am so sorry you are going through this. Thank you for posting this because it shows the rest of us how costly our mistakes might be. Don't give in or give up. Request another interview and be as honest and convincing of your love for one another as you can be. Good Luck.

can we request another interview? how?

we are not denied yet. we are waiting for response. I met with kids but long time ago she did not remember at that time. Kids are not part of our life. She meets them once a month some time she did not meet them for 2 months.

we could be punished to deport for whole life for this confusion? we will be tried for perjury?

Filed: Other Timeline

Clearly,

when attending the AOS interview, they must have gotten the wrong vibe. Otherwise they would not immediately performed a stoke interview, which is what that was.

At this point you do not know if they are going to deny your AOS petition. If they do, you can appeal this. Until then, you'll have to wait for the results. I personally find it strange that that happened to you, unless they know something I don't.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Clearly,

when attending the AOS interview, they must have gotten the wrong vibe. Otherwise they would not immediately performed a stoke interview, which is what that was.

At this point you do not know if they are going to deny your AOS petition. If they do, you can appeal this. Until then, you'll have to wait for the results. I personally find it strange that that happened to you, unless they know something I don't.

I am home country may be reason . I am more concerned that they can put me on inadmissible list based on this question about kids?

please advice us what to do we are misreble right now. Our whole life and future is about to be destroyed. Our AOS interview messed up and

my attorney say I have to leave USA if it is denied and she says she is confident it will be denied.
Background:

We started living together in aug 2009. got married in Dec 2009 and filed for AOS in Jan 2011. Received Interview on April 2011 .

i am doc by profession and i was/am on F1 with OPT. My wife was married before and she has two kids which are not part of our lives. They are living with their father. I was never out of status. Never and no criminal background.

Interview:

Our attorney always told us that your case will be easy as we are together from so long time and you have lot of evidence like lease from one and half years old bank account together, etc
But the interview was most horrible experience in my life. It took 5 hours. we were questioned separately . during which We were scared to death. although most of answers were similar but a blunder/bad luck happened. and now i want to hit the walls

She asked how many kids she has from previous marriage. what is their name , age, we answered the same. When she asked did you met with them how many times?

I said yes I met with kids. I was so blank i could not remember how many times. she said what you did together . I was sweeting i said movies etc. My wife said I never met with them she forget/ went blank due to pressure. reality is that I meet once and it was not a long meeting, and it was before marriage when we were living together more than year and half ago.

The immigration officer called her again and asked he if i meet with kids? she again said no. We both were scared during the interview and many times went blank we were not expecting this. we were grilled for 5 hours.
when we come out of interview our
attorney told us that either of you lied under oath so you case is finished you have to leave USA.

Kids are not part of our life. we will be tried for perjury?

what could happen? what are our options? I will be deported ? I will be inadmissible to USA? can i go back on my non immigrant status ?

I am MD with complete license in my home country and I am completing license in USA. I have Masters from USA. My home country is in stat of war. US army is fighting along home country army with terrorist. I am scared to death. We can not go back. She can be easily spotted as American.

Please advice us we are unable to sleep or eat?

Each of the OP statements that I have highlighted in quotes are very important to this case. No attorney would tell a client that he believes that they would be denied, unless he knows something about this case that is not stated here.

I have not stated the name of my home country which is highlights in news now a days because of te**. My wife says that is also a reason.

First husband became US citizen from her that was more than a decade ago and they had kids together.

We were extremely confused during the interview. Especially I was very nervous. We missed questions but only few. But the biggest mistake was kids question. There is nothing else that is remaining about our case.

we have different race but she can speak my native language.

But on our good side was we were living together from one and half year. we filled AOS after one year of marriage. I was never out of status and I could stay on non immigrant status for few years and I could file for H1 as well. I am highly educated.

I have not stated the name of my home country which is highlights in news now a days because of te**. My wife says that is also a reason.

First husband became US citizen from her that was more than a decade ago and they had kids together.

We were extremely confused during the interview. Especially I was very nervous. We missed questions but only few. But the biggest mistake was kids question. There is nothing else that is remaining about our case.

we have different race but she can speak my native language.

But on our good side was we were living together from one and half year. we filled AOS after one year of marriage. I was never out of status and I could stay on non immigrant status for few years and I could file for H1 as well. I am highly educated.

All you an do now is wait for the final decision, and then move on from there. Per your previous statement you have other options in maintaining a legal status.

I guess one of the red flags that comes to mind is that you'll don't interact as a family with the wife's children. You have stepchildren, but only the wife interacts with her kids. Are these children still of age that they need parental support?

All you an do now is wait for the final decision, and then move on from there. Per your previous statement you have other options in maintaining a legal status.

I guess one of the red flags that comes to mind is that you'll don't interact as a family with the wife's children. You have stepchildren, but only the wife interacts with her kids. Are these children still of age that they need parental support?

Their dad was one of reason and few family reasons made us postpone. I am more concerned about the Perjury thing. Do you think this come under perjury? or misrepresentation?

Is this possible we request for another interview?

If they deny i-485 can I go back on my Student Visa and apply for H1 as I am planning to complete license and go for Specialization???

Edited by worrieddoc

Their dad was one of reason and few family reasons made us postpone. I am more concerned about the Perjury thing. Do you think this come under perjury? or misrepresentation?

Is this possible we request for another interview?

If they deny i-485 can I go back on my Student Visa and apply for H1 as I am planning to complete license and go for Specialization???

One you will not be able to request another interview, unless the CO feels they need more answers.

In eyes of immigration, Perjury and misrepresentation is one of the same. Your lawyer can assist you with this to lessen the charge.

Now your problem with the last statement is whatever happens with your AOS will have a negative impact on any type of visa you try to apply for to maintain status in the US.

Maybe you need to try talking to another lawyer, to get some post decision advise.

One you will not be able to request another interview, unless the CO feels they need more answers.

In eyes of immigration, Perjury and misrepresentation is one of the same. Your lawyer can assist you with this to lessen the charge.

Now your problem with the last statement is whatever happens with your AOS will have a negative impact on any type of visa you try to apply for to maintain status in the US.

Maybe you need to try talking to another lawyer, to get some post decision advise.

what about the hardship wavier? my country is front line state on war on t**. My wife will not be safe if I go back.

what about the hardship wavier? my country is front line state on war on t**. My wife will not be safe if I go back.

You will have a chance to appeal a denial, so that is what your lawyer should be discussing with you now, all of your options. To address your concerns about your wife, the US would not be deporting your wife she is a US citizen. If she choose to leave it will be her chose.

The hardship waiver would need to be file to justify if the US were to deport you why your wife would not be able to maintain her existence in the US or why she couldn't live in your country. Your immediate concern if I were you would be, how will a denial affect your professional obligation, and would you still be able to continue in the your professional role while you are appealing the denied decision.

Or tomorrow all of this could be a moot point, because you could receive notification, that your CG is in order production.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.