I AM NOT THAT GUY

So, when are you two going to make a baby?

47 posts in this topic

Or rather, the flip side for us, since people knew we wanted to have a baby:

"Oh you STILL haven't gotten pregnant?"

"Oh don't worry, it will happen when it's supposed to happen."

"Just don't give up hope!"

"That's so sad."

No, we still haven't gotten pregnant.

It won't happen at all, thank you, as we now know.

There's a difference between giving up hope that we'll have a baby and giving up hope on life. Sheesh.

Yes, it is sad, thank you so much for pointing that out to me.

Just as insensitive, and maybe a little more offensive. I find it amazing how much other people -- especially people who aren't particularly close to the people concerned -- seem to give a damn about whether other people are procreating. I know it sounds lame, but I've actually stopped going to a manicurist after she lectured me on how I won't ever be fulfilled as a woman without a child. Twice.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
I personally want to have baby asap but I know I can't finish my study if I have baby now
Good thinking, si man. Around here, 5-month-old Mini-Bone, albeit healthy (knock on wood) and good-tempered, is a full-time job, si man.

Remind me to never shake your hand ever again.
That should optimally be a sperm-of-the-moment decision, se men.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just as insensitive, and maybe a little more offensive. I find it amazing how much other people -- especially people who aren't particularly close to the people concerned -- seem to give a damn about whether other people are procreating. I know it sounds lame, but I've actually stopped going to a manicurist after she lectured me on how I won't ever be fulfilled as a woman without a child. Twice.

We have 'em, but it has never occurred to us that it was our business what other people did. Nor is having them any kind of feat. So you had sex, OK that's not rocket science or a triathalon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We have 'em, but it has never occurred to us that it was our business what other people did. Nor is having them any kind of feat. So you had sex, OK that's not rocket science or a triathalon.

Not a triathlon you say? You clearly aren't married to a Russian.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I also still find it amazing that you must have a license to drive a car, keep a pet, go hunting or fishing (in some places, maybe not all?), hold certain jobs, etc., but to be a parent--- you can just have sex.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Timeline

I also still find it amazing that you must have a license to drive a car, keep a pet, go hunting or fishing (in some places, maybe not all?), hold certain jobs, etc., but to be a parent--- you can just have sex.

It does seem ironic, that those that should breed, do so rarely, and those that shouldn't, do so prolifically.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Wife wanted a baby in a really bad way. But she had her tubes tied years before she met me. Me? No way!!! Unless it happens in some miraculous way then OK. Looked into in vitrol, tubal reversal and other methods but the costs were astronomical with no guarantees that it would even work so that was off the table.

But it wasn't like we didn't have any. We brought her two boys here, now age 17 and 21 - The older one moved out a couple of years ago (Thank you Lord !! ) . I also have two girls same age (stay with us and with their mom). Plus my daughter made me a grandfather. So we do have a little one running around the house.

She even wanted to adopt but finally, she is content to just have me :blush:

10Yr GC arrived 07/02/09 - Naturalization is next

The drama begins - again!

And now the drama ends - they took the Green card . . .

Timeline

She even wanted to adopt but finally, she is content to just have me :blush:

:secret: get a cat or a dog.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Got the cat reluctantly but no dog -spent to much time,$$, and effort to landscape the backyard and dont want the headache of teaching it when and where to do its business - maybe some day. And some egglayers - Rhode Island reds and black Americanas.

Less maintenance than kids and without the drama when they are preteens and teenagers.

10Yr GC arrived 07/02/09 - Naturalization is next

The drama begins - again!

And now the drama ends - they took the Green card . . .

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Good thinking, si man. Around here, 5-month-old Mini-Bone, albeit healthy (knock on wood) and good-tempered, is a full-time job, si man.

That should optimally be a sperm-of-the-moment decision, se men.

I thought one had to check the Farmer's Almanac before one planted seed, best to make sure your Cummins Onan generator is ready to produce, si man!

BTW, it's great to hear the little one is doing so well, if he takes after his father he'll be a very punny fellow, no doubt. good.gifgood.gifgood.gif

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

It seems I have a rather busy mailman ... :dance:

busymailman.jpg

It's like you red my mind. I suppose that he has a package for special delivery. devil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gif

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif