Ms.M

luggage procedure

14 posts in this topic

my flight is Manila to LAX then connecting flight AA with LAX to DFW.. do i have to get our check in luggage in LAX then check in again in AA counter?.. or we will get our luggage on our final destination?.. its my first to have a connecting flight thats why i dont know the procedure about luggage.. pls. help... thank u in advance.. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

my flight is Manila to LAX then connecting flight AA with LAX to DFW.. do i have to get our check in luggage in LAX then check in again in AA counter?.. or we will get our luggage on our final destination?.. its my first to have a connecting flight thats why i dont know the procedure about luggage.. pls. help... thank u in advance.. :)

Yes you will have to collect your bags then walk to AA airlines and re check them in for your connecting flight.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

so i have to collect my bags and go thru customs then re check in my baggae in AA airlines counter.. i saw that philippine airlines arrive in terminal B (tom bradley international airport) then AA was in terminal 4... is it walkable distance or need to take a shuttle?...

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

so i have to collect my bags and go thru customs then re check in my baggae in AA airlines counter.. i saw that philippine airlines arrive in terminal B (tom bradley international airport) then AA was in terminal 4... is it walkable distance or need to take a shuttle?...

Put your bags on a cart that you will find right there. Take it all thru the customs area which you will see right next to the baggage area. Get your paper from customs & pass thru the check out area. Go up the ramp & straight out the doors in front of you. Go across the first drive area to the waiting area in front of you. Look up to find the signs that indicate where to wait for a shuttle bus. Leave the cart,put your bags on the bus; tell the driver what airlines you need.

It is within walking distance if you want to walk. Go out the doors of T Bradley. Turn right, T # 4 is the next building. Easy walking distance.

Departures are on the upper level.

Edited by Ning

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Topic moved from the K-1 Visa Process forum to Moving Here and Your New Life in America as it is not a K-1 specific topic and is more appropriate in this forum.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Put your bags on a cart that you will find right there. Take it all thru the customs area which you will see right next to the baggage area. Get your paper from customs & pass thru the check out area. Go up the ramp & straight out the doors in front of you. Go across the first drive area to the waiting area in front of you. Look up to find the signs that indicate where to wait for a shuttle bus. Leave the cart,put your bags on the bus; tell the driver what airlines you need.

It is within walking distance if you want to walk. Go out the doors of T Bradley. Turn right, T # 4 is the next building. Easy walking distance.

Departures are on the upper level.

thanks for the info.. we have 5 hours layover maybe we have enough time to transfer in domestic airport.. :)

thank u so much...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

That sounds way more difficult than it ought to be. At O'Hare I have made the connecting flight after customs thing. There is a luggage check in counter just after customs so you don't have to haul your suitcases to a different building. Too bad LAX doesn't do this. I assumed it was standard procedure after seeing it in Chicago but it sounds like, in this at least, Chicago is ahead of LA!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Seems like LAX is way behind..I have been coming in to a lot of different airports before, using different arlines and I always was able to re-check my bags right after going through customs.

Good to know that LAX doesn't have that, I will avoid it as POE then..lol

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Houston (IAH) also has a bag re-check after customs while you are still in the secure airside part. No need to go to an airline counter.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Yikes! This is scary! I was under the impression that if you have a ticket booked through one airline (whether you are on codeshares or not), you just clear customs then drop them on a transfer belt. Every other airport in the world I have been through has this...

Do LAX really have no provisions for this? If not, I hope they have trolleys bigger than the standard size for all of us!

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead".

K-1 VISA TIMELINE

30.09.10 - Filed I-129F

06.10.10 - Routed to CSC/NOA1 email

09.10.10 - Cheque cleared

07.10.10 - NOA1

14.10.10 - Touch

15.10.10 - Touch

16.01.11 - Applied for Police Record (NSW)

02.02.11 - Received Police Record (Took 17 days)

10.02.11 - Medical (Received results 6 days later)

22.03.11 - NOA2 (166 days/5.5 months)

25.03.11 - NVC Rec'd

29.03.11 - Left NVC

05.04.11 - Packet 3

05.04.11 - Returned Packet 3

11.04.11 - Packet 4 (Original interview scheduled for 10.05.11 - requested earlier appointment with success!)

12.04.11 - Interview APPROVED!

21.04.11 - VISA in hand!

26.04.11 - POE LAX

04.05.11 - Marriage

AOS TIMELINE

11.05.11 - Filed I-485/EAD/AP

14.05.11 - NOA1

27.05.11 - Walk-in Biometrics completed (originally scheduled for 10.06.11)

08.06.11 - Interview date notice received

11.07.11 - EAD/AP card production ordered (58 days)

14.07.11 - AOS Interview APPROVED!!!(61 days)

18.07.11 - EAD/AP card in hand (65 days)

22.07.11 - GC in hand!!! (69 days)

Yes you will have to collect your bags then walk to AA airlines and re check them in for your connecting flight.

I just flew from 3 weeks ago, from Manila to San Fransicso via Air CHina, Got on American Airlines to DFW (my Final destinaion).

I checked my bags in Manila and picked them up in D/FW, i went thru Customs and Immigrations in SFO, btw I am USC if that matters..

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Timeline

Yikes! This is scary! I was under the impression that if you have a ticket booked through one airline (whether you are on codeshares or not), you just clear customs then drop them on a transfer belt. Every other airport in the world I have been through has this...

Do LAX really have no provisions for this? If not, I hope they have trolleys bigger than the standard size for all of us!

Yes thats the way it is at LA you go through customs get all that out of the way and then you go get yoyr bags and go past the last custom guy and then you walk outside turn right and go to the other air terminals. All within walking distance and yes the trolleys are big . lol

Timeline

Yes once you go through customs and hand in your envelope you then go and get your bags pop them on a trolley, then go past the last customs guy and then walk outside, turn right and go to terminal 4 there are a couple of 4's as Delta is 4 also. I actually thought AA was no 5 but I could be wrong. This is all within walking distance and quite pleasant, you go upstairs and then re check your bags in for your connecting flight. If you don't have a boarding pass already there are machines there to get a boarding pass. You can't check your bags in until you have that.

1st time I came I didn't have it and had to work the machines like a teller machine but the 2nd time they gave me boarding passes for the 2 flights from Australia. As you have a 5 hour lay over don't stress too much you have plenty of time and there are signs everywhere and always ask if you get confused the staff are great.You will be ok I did it on my own the 1st time and I managed so I am sure you will be ok.:thumbs:

Edited by Barbara J

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.