Hiker

Do I send I-129F to this "lockbox" or directly to VSC?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

When I filed my first I-129F way back in 1999, I just sent it directly to VSC in Vermont. Now, I see the instruction reference this "lockbox" address in Texas -- what is that? Which is the correct (or best) address to send it to once I have it ready?

Yes, I tried the search function.

Edited by Hiker

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Follow the form instructions and send it to the lockbox.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Timeline

Okay, thanks. They still forward it to VSC though, right?

Our letters of intent both have VSC's address on it, though. Is that okay? I figured the letter of intent example had a fill-in-the-blank format because the address could be one of the service centers. If everyone just sends to this same "lockbox" address, the example could have just had that address in there instead.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Okay, thanks. They still forward it to VSC though, right?

Our letters of intent both have VSC's address on it, though. Is that okay? I figured the letter of intent example had a fill-in-the-blank format because the address could be one of the service centers. If everyone just sends to this same "lockbox" address, the example could have just had that address in there instead.

Your letters of intent don't need an address, so no worries. The lockbox facility will send the file to Vermont or California. No worries.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

When I filed my first I-129F way back in 1999, I just sent it directly to VSC in Vermont. Now, I see the instruction reference this "lockbox" address in Texas -- what is that? Which is the correct (or best) address to send it to once I have it ready?

It is possible that over the last 12 years the process and procedures have changed... you need to follow the CURRENT instructions

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Send to the address that is listed in the current instructions.

It won't be to Vermont

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

I'm curious why no one seems to find this question despite it being asked (what seems like) once daily and it being in the guides and FAQ at the top.

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Timeline

I'm curious why no one seems to find this question despite it being asked (what seems like) once daily and it being in the guides and FAQ at the top.

Various reasons, mostly lack of effort. In this case, it doesn't appear the OP failed to read and understand the instructions, but simply wondered why or if things had changed in the last twelve years. They have, numerous times but only once with regard to this specific subject.

For some other posters of similar questions, there were conflicting instructions published in the PDF and on the website for several months last year. Then you would have people downloading instructions in say October, for filings in December, thinking they had the current instructions when they didn't. When you've got a set of apparently current instructions that clearly state where to mail something, it's generally not necessary to ask for clarification. The delayed publication of new instructions set lots of folks up for a rude awakening.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Ahh, I suppose that does make sense. I guess conflicting info also shows up when people get an outdated version of the form and instructions, too...

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

for best results, always check the USCIS for the latest form within the 30 days you ar efiling and USE THE INSTRUCTIONS on THAT FORM. PO box are for those who do not want a rush. The courier address is for those who are asking for an expedite. If you are asking for an expedite and sending to Po box, chances are unless you have a well worded, well proven argument, you will not get an expedite. The courier is for those who want to get the process going immediately or are sending too much to send via normal Po Box. My package was 600 pages, almost 10 pounds, and barely fit into a Fedex Box. It cost me $77 to send overnight, next day delivery from the phoenix fedex main facility.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

PO box are for those who do not want a rush. The courier address is for those who are asking for an expedite. If you are asking for an expedite and sending to Po box, chances are unless you have a well worded, well proven argument, you will not get an expedite. The courier is for those who want to get the process going immediately or are sending too much to send via normal Po Box.

Where did you find that? I've never heard anything about it.

Not sure it matters much really, at least not in our experience. We sent our packet (maybe 60-70 pages including emails, letters, Fedex receipts, call logs, passport stamps, boarding passes, pictures, etc) via USPS to the Dallas PO Box. It left Hawaii on Saturday, arrived in Dallas on Tuesday, NOA1 receipt date Thursday. No expedite, no worries.

Timeline

for best results, always check the USCIS for the latest form within the 30 days you ar efiling and USE THE INSTRUCTIONS on THAT FORM. PO box are for those who do not want a rush. The courier address is for those who are asking for an expedite. If you are asking for an expedite and sending to Po box, chances are unless you have a well worded, well proven argument, you will not get an expedite. The courier is for those who want to get the process going immediately or are sending too much to send via normal Po Box. My package was 600 pages, almost 10 pounds, and barely fit into a Fedex Box. It cost me $77 to send overnight, next day delivery from the phoenix fedex main facility.

The bold above is not correct. The courier address if for those using a courier like FedEx or UPS. Only the Postal Service can deliver to a PO Box.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Always always always, follow the official instruction. Re-read them three time to be sure. Think Texas.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.