Davidlee

Vermont buys another 6 months?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well Ruby and I received our answer on the service request filed Feb 18th. It came in the mail today. Our original I129f was filed August 30th, case touched once in December and then nothing until now.

Here is what the letter says:

The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open.

Until the background investigation is completed, we cannot move forward on your case These background checks are required to be completed on all applicants who apply for immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the background checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us with 6 MONTHS of this letter, please contact customer service at the number provided below.

Ok, so it's been 6 months 11 days. Our case is one of the last ones from August I see on Visa Journey.. Has anyone ever heard of this happening? Is this a stall or the beginning on a turn down.

Any advice or help or comments would be most appreciated. We are devasted.

David and Ruby

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well Ruby and I received our answer on the service request filed Feb 18th. It came in the mail today. Our original I129f was filed August 30th, case touched once in December and then nothing until now.

Here is what the letter says:

The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open.

Until the background investigation is completed, we cannot move forward on your case These background checks are required to be completed on all applicants who apply for immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the background checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us with 6 MONTHS of this letter, please contact customer service at the number provided below.

Ok, so it's been 6 months 11 days. Our case is one of the last ones from August I see on Visa Journey.. Has anyone ever heard of this happening? Is this a stall or the beginning on a turn down.

Any advice or help or comments would be most appreciated. We are devasted.

David and Ruby

Other senior VJ members state the entire background check takes all of 5 minutes. I call BS on USCIS. I don't think they want to admit that your petition is laying in a big pile across the room.

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

'6 months of this letter'

sorry, is some new math, you have a new calendar.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

Moving from K-1 Process to K-1 Progress.

As an aside, the background check takes much longer than 5 minutes if there's a hit on the name. Hard copy records are still kept in records management centers around the country. These records have to be located, pulled, and sent. There are also different kinds of background checks completed. It's not as simple as people think.

iagree.gif

sorry to hear ur waiting too long... :(:(:crying:

we're also waiting and hope after our 5 mons. mark it will not take us long to receive our noa2.... :innocent::blush::innocent:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I suggest to call them and ask what is the status of the case with no mentioning about this reply.

There was another member who received similiar answer after putting service request. It clearly stated he was put on AP. Nevertheless he received NOA2 few days later. So it may be what it is, another BS from VSC to excuse their poor organisation and inability to work in timely manner. Gluck !

event.png

09/13/10 - i129f sent to Texas

09/15/10 - received and signed

09/20/10 - Touched

09/23/10 - NOA1 via mail dated 09/15

10/03/10 - Touched

03/24/11 - NOA2!!! email/text on 03/29 (after 190 days)

03/29/11 - NVC received

03/31/11 - NOA2 hardcopy in mail

04/05/11 - MOS # assigned

04/12/11 - NVC left

04/15/11 - Consulate received

06/02/11 - Medical

06/03/11 - Interview (after 261 days) Approved !

06/09/11 - Visa in hand

06/10/11 - POE @ JFK

08/19/11 - Married <3 <3 <3

09/01/11 - AOS sent

09/06/11 - NOA1 for AOS packet

10/03/11 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

I am very sorry to hear that this happened to your case. I also heard a few weeks ago about a VJ member who got approved a day or two after getting a letter like that. It might not really be '6 months' - they are just buying themselves time so you won't bug them - but I know that might be little comfort now when you don't know what the future holds. Good luck, man.

09/02/10 Mailed I-129F

09/07/10 NOA1

03/17/11 NOA2 approved

06/06/11 Interview. Visa approved. Told we'll get visa in 7-10 days. Lies.

07/12/11 Visa in hand

07/15/11 Arrival in the U.S.

07/21/11 Marriage

07/28/11 Mailed I-485

08/03/11 NOA for I-485

08/29/11 Biometrics

10/17/11 Greencard interview. Approved.

Timeline

I suggest to call them and ask what is the status of the case with no mentioning about this reply.

There was another member who received similiar answer after putting service request. It clearly stated he was put on AP. Nevertheless he received NOA2 few days later. So it may be what it is, another BS from VSC to excuse their poor organisation and inability to work in timely manner. Gluck !

I second this approach. Give it a try - ya never know.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

If one of your names brought up something in one of their databases, it gets more serious. I think it would fall more under Homeland Security than USCIS. The deeper the checks have to go the longer time it takes.

Hopefully its just someone being overly cautious and the matter gets cleared up sooner than they say.

Good Luck!

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

A lot of businesses will grossly overestimate their timelines. I'm guessing it wont take 6 months, but they'll post that in the letter to cover their own butts. Hoping it goes foster than that!!

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My fiance put in a service request and a few days later, we got an email saying they were performing background checks and there may be 6 months wait etc etc..we got our NOA2 the next day. The day he got the email, he called them three times to demand an answer. They eventually got fed up of him and gave him the opportunity to file another service request. The thing is, you cannot take this lying down. If there's nothing they are going to uncover, they don't need 6 months. And if they wanted 6 months, well, they have had 6 months..why should you suffer for their incompetency?

If one of your names brought up something in one of their databases, it gets more serious. I think it would fall more under Homeland Security than USCIS. The deeper the checks have to go the longer time it takes.

Hopefully its just someone being overly cautious and the matter gets cleared up sooner than they say.

Good Luck!

USCIC is a part of DHS.

Timeline

USCIC is a part of DHS.

and they don't talk to each other, rarely.

some info on background checks -> http://www.usaimmigrationattorney.com/SecurityNameChecksAndAdministrativeReview.html

(OK - it's official - this makes the 1000th time I've posted this frickin url over 2 years - isn't anyone using the advanced search tool here on VisaJourney.Com ??? )

USCIC is a part of DHS.

I know but DHS is the one that is at the head of the structure, is really what I meant, and handles the security issues while USCIS handles immigration and naturalization. USCIS can't just approve anybody to come into the US without DHS approval.

If you get a security clearance for a job its done through DHSs mechanisms and databases.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Hang in there buddy . You are so close . You may be approved sooner than you think .

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.