Gugusitolindo

How come lots of MENA members don't have Pics posted

113 posts in this topic

My husband doesn't like the idea of having our pics posted online especially on a public forum. I can't argue with that. It's not always a good idea to be so free with your pics publicly.

I love this side of you...so sweet! :wow:

Erase the image on how you thought your life would turn out- and start living the life you are living!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I used to have a picture on my page, I changed it recently, I like to change them once in a while. I'll probably post another one. I do post pictures on FB and Myspace (which I never use anymore), but my pages are on private, so I have control of who looks at them and who doesn't.

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Filed: Timeline

Hey gang...I was wondering how come most MENA VJer do not have pictures in their profile. For example..when clicking the View

Photos, almost no one has any? how come? is there something I dont know? :hehe:

Anyone/? care to say why?.....

Hamza and Danni just posted wedding pics....so beautiful. Where are the others? Most likely when I click the "view photos" there

is none!

Alot of us used to post our photos but they were copied and pasted onto a bashing site a few years ago. Most of us long term posters know what we look like and many are friends off the forums

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Yay UmmSqueakster for half your goal! Being nearly vegetarian I find the issue is carbs in the form of processed flour and sugars and then yummy cheese.

My husband also feels like Mithra's, and I have no issue with agreeing to that. It is a privacy issue, and for him a socio-cultural one.

Alot of us used to post our photos but they were copied and pasted onto a bashing site a few years ago. Most of us long term posters know what we look like and many are friends off the forums

Yep. I think most of the people who have been a while have some idea of the general appearance of others from relatively the same time line. It's kind of like high school and each group is their own class to an extent :)

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey gang...I was wondering how come most MENA VJer do not have pictures in their profile. For example..when clicking the View

Hamza and Danni just posted wedding pics....so beautiful. Where are the others? Most likely when I click the "view photos" there

is none!

that's a personal decision on the part of mena members and even i advise them not to do so for the reason cited by jenn.

I love this side of you...so sweet! :wow:

i suggest you cease the above - it's unlikely that you know that member and said post can be taken in the wrong manner.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

is none!

I have some :) I would have more if i didnt have to adjust the size just to upload them :D

8j0g.jpg8j0gm4.png

December 27, 2009 - Wishing each other a blessed 2010. -When we met
February 25- I realize I love this amazing man! (but of course I must see it and feel it in person to know for sure )
June 22, 2010 - The day I first lay eyes on the man that I love.
December 29th 2010- January 6th 2011 - second trip to Morocco, an amazing time with an amazing man. He tells me I am everything he needs and more and hopes that he is the same for me... of course!! I accept his proposal and we are engaged!
October 2011 - So very much in love still, can't wait to see him in December
December 22nd,2011- January 9th 2012 - What a wonderful time, we had an engagement ceremony, and finally we decided it was time to start filling out some papers! Hoping to send it off in late March !
December 27th, 2012 - January 14th, 2013- My girls and I visit my Sweet Bread and have a wonderful vacation with all of the family, including my uncle!

November 12, 2013 - I-129f mailed! Finally!

November 21, 2013- NOA1 !

February 27th, 2014 NOA2 !

March 18th, 2014 NVC RECEIVED!

April 23rd, 2014 INTERVIEW !!! God-Willing we will be in each others arms soon! God Bless!!

April 24th, 2014 Find out we were in AP, 2 weeks later he is called back to the Consulate...

May 8th, 2014 Hicham is given a 221g at the Consulate and told that the petition has been sent back to USCIS. :( HEARTBROKEN. Yet, determined to convince them.

September 29th, 2015 MARRIED.

June 2015- Still madly in love, and madly missing each other.

September 29th, 2015 Mailed CR-1 Petition.

October 1st 2015 NOA-1

December 2nd 2015, Notice of Action- Transferred to Local office in Arlington, VA

The Journey continues....... missing each other like crazy!

Still, God Bless.

Thank you for letting me share my story smile.png
HichamRainbow2.pngloveforeverpng.pngPicture0006.png

"You'll know then that I am God. No one who hopes in me ever regrets it." Isaiah 49:23

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

We generally advise newbies not to post personal pics due to the abuse given to some who did in the past. A Muslim hating blogger, whom we cannot name, but whose popularity has actually grown lately, posted pics of MENA members to her site along with personal info, including their names, that people posted here about themselves. She posted a blog where she lambasted White women marrying dirty terrorist Arabs and bringing them to the US as dumb and gullible. It hurt a lot of people, and, frankly, I wouldn't put it past her or another hater doing the same thing again. So, be advised, on a public site, your personal info can be reposted in ways that you would not like.

Edited by Sofiyya

Filed: Timeline

And it's not just the outside bloggers you have to beware of. I think quite a few of us remember a certain VJ member who lifted photos from an unpopular MENA member's profile, then re-posted them on this very forum later on (months after the MENA member had removed them) in an attempt to harrass her.......... BTW the "perp" was neither banned from VJ nor from this forum, but instead was actually elevated to MENA moderator by the site owner. So ladies & gents, be very careful what you reveal here.

That is a serious accusation. In fact, it borders on a personal attack.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

That is a serious accusation. In fact, it borders on a personal attack.

It's the truth - it happened and there are many witnesses still here.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Anyone who did that would never have been made moderator of this site.

Yet - that's what happened.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.