Gugusitolindo

How come lots of MENA members don't have Pics posted

113 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

But are they moderators, pretending to be fair and balanced? I don't think so.

There's not much pretending going on. Sorry, but complaining about that brings up a lot of stuff that happened back then. Complaining about what other people here did when you didn't check yourself just doesn't wash with me.

Timeline

I choke a bit when reading stuff that romanticizes Arab men, being toasty and Arab myself. We can be charming, but we can be azzhats, too. After all, we're just folks, like anyone else, moody, messy and terribly un-exotic at times.

You know I have been thinking about this thread a lot today. Especially since watching the video. It really makes me wonder the people who question ALL Mena relationships, of course it would be be dumb to think that fraud does not happen in a lot of countries but seriously this is my question what part of the USA do the people who are so critical live in? I am a big girl.. ok but I think I am pretty, and my fiance' is Moroccan so he is a beautiful Arabian man.. But my entire life from a teenager up the majority of men that have thought I was beautiful were men of color. yeah for real, Maybe its just an east coast thing but for some reason dem boys think our junk in the trunk is beautiful!! LIKE tonight, I made a sale and after the sale, the guy texts me back and is like You are a very attractive woman , dude for real I have been up all day and night with a sick kid, havent had a shower since yesterday morning ( i am not ashamed, I am a mom) I have been crying from exhaustion, hair is a hot mess... you get the idea, and he still found me pretty,. oh and guessss what he was a darkskinned man :) JUS SAYIN :) This is nothing new in the USA , us big girls need love too :)Againn, maybe its just over here in the East :) LOL I am just and blessed that my love is an arabian because he has a certain charm, moral standard, and level of respect I just have never seen before. :) MAGHREBIA!!! :D

ok Peace and Blessings, Love to you all,

Sarasusan

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You know I have been thinking about this thread a lot today. Especially since watching the video. It really makes me wonder the people who question ALL Mena relationships, of course it would be be dumb to think that fraud does not happen in a lot of countries but seriously this is my question what part of the USA do the people who are so critical live in? I am a big girl.. ok but I think I am pretty, and my fiance' is Moroccan so he is a beautiful Arabian man.. But my entire life from a teenager up the majority of men that have thought I was beautiful were men of color. yeah for real, Maybe its just an east coast thing but for some reason dem boys think our junk in the trunk is beautiful!! LIKE tonight, I made a sale and after the sale, the guy texts me back and is like You are a very attractive woman , dude for real I have been up all day and night with a sick kid, havent had a shower since yesterday morning ( i am not ashamed, I am a mom) I have been crying from exhaustion, hair is a hot mess... you get the idea, and he still found me pretty,. oh and guessss what he was a darkskinned man :) JUS SAYIN :) This is nothing new in the USA , us big girls need love too :)Againn, maybe its just over here in the East :) LOL I am just and blessed that my love is an arabian because he has a certain charm, moral standard, and level of respect I just have never seen before. :) MAGHREBIA!!! :D

ok Peace and Blessings, Love to you all,

Sarasusan

Ain't nobody wants a bone 'cept a dog, honey.

There's not much pretending going on. Sorry, but complaining about that brings up a lot of stuff that happened back then. Complaining about what other people here did when you didn't check yourself just doesn't wash with me.

No one's complaining about it though- just saying heads up, trust no one, X files blah blah blah. Cause it can come from anywhere, and anyone.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

he still found me pretty,. oh and guessss what he was a darkskinned man

Not to rain on anyone's parade (I, too, have always gotten more attention from the dark-skinned lads), but there are some bigger issues behind that - race relations and whatnot, and they usually don't come from a whole lot of respect for women in general.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Who gives a damn? Really. There was so much gross and abnormal sh!t, petty gossip and venom posted on this board around that time that hardly anyone who was there then has clean enough hands to credibly point fingers at others, including you.

I think most of the long-time members recall your ongoing feud with Sarahandhicham after her notorious "gross and abnormal" remark (which you reference here.)

So I am really not surprised that you would try to dismiss or defend what was done to her - having her picture surreptitiously lifted off her VJ profile and then, nearly a year later, posted in a malicious attempt to humiliate her. I remember now - it happened in a thread in which you just happened to be bickering with her. What a shocker. You think it’s bad what that blogger did, but it’s ok if someone on VJ did something similar - because the target happened to be your "enemy."

Anyway - this incident is definitely one of the reasons many MENA members don’t feel safe posting their pics or other personal details on VJ. Whether you want to admit it or not.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

I'm not defending anything. But, I remember you cheer leading Sarah when she called women with younger male partners "gross and abnormal". When I put the phrase in my siggy, you actually came here to brag about how you reported me to the mods to have it removed, from my siggy.

It was ok for her to put it under her avatar for months, but offensive for someone who was called gross and abnormal to put it in their siggy? My defense of myself was offensive to you, and a few others. What was done to many of the women here by her is more offensive to me than what was done to her, yea. There's a reason she got bounced out of here. I'm not surprised you still take her side now like you did then.

I think most of the long-time members recall your ongoing feud with Sarahandhicham after her notorious "gross and abnormal" remark (which you reference here.)

So I am really not surprised that you would try to dismiss or defend what was done to her - having her picture surreptitiously lifted off her VJ profile and then, nearly a year later, posted in a malicious attempt to humiliate her. I remember now - it happened in a thread in which you just happened to be bickering with her. What a shocker. You think it’s bad what that blogger did, but it’s ok if someone on VJ did something similar - because the target happened to be your "enemy."

Anyway - this incident is definitely one of the reasons many MENA members don’t feel safe posting their pics or other personal details on VJ. Whether you want to admit it or not.

Edited by Sofiyya

Timeline

I'm not defending anything. But, I remember you cheer leading Sarah when she called women with younger male partners "gross and abnormal". When I put the phrase in my siggy, you actually came here to brag about how you reported me to the mods to have it removed, from my siggy.

It was ok for her to put it under her avatar for months, but offensive for someone who was called gross and abnormal to put it in their siggy? My defense of myself was offensive to you, and a few others. What was done to many of the women here by her is more offensive to me than what was done to her, yea. There's a reason she got bounced out of here. I'm not surprised you still take her side now like you did then.

LOL ####### are you talking about? I was never EVER involved in your "gross and abnormal" mudfest - I have never EVER made any judgmental posts about couples' age differences. I have only talked about the issue in discussions about what consulates may consider a "red flag," and how to address that issue.

And I have never EVER reported you for anything, much less "brag" about doing such a thing. You are tripping again.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

Not trippin' at all. I'm clear as a bell. The siggy thing I remember distinctly because I couldn't understand why that bothered you. Bottom line, Sarah was a mean little cuz to a lot of us. Keep defending her, if you want, but she doesn't deserve it. She deserves what she got.

LOL ####### are you talking about? I was never EVER involved in your "gross and abnormal" mudfest - I have never EVER made any judgmental posts about couples' age differences. I have only talked about the issue in discussions about what consulates may consider a "red flag," and how to address that issue.

And I have never EVER reported you for anything, much less "brag" about doing such a thing. You are tripping again.

Timeline

Not trippin' at all. I'm clear as a bell. The siggy thing I remember distinctly because I couldn't understand why that bothered you. Bottom line, Sarah was a mean little cuz to a lot of us. Keep defending her, if you want, but she doesn't deserve it. She deserves what she got.

Again, ####### are you talking about? I never made any comments about her (or your) siggy lines - you are invited to scour my posts and find a single one to back up your nonsense.

I am not "defending" Sarah; I am replying to the topic. (As a matter of fact, I had several disagreements with her in various topics over the years.) I mentioned this particular incident here because it directly pertains to this thread - why many MENA members do not post their personal pics. You are trying to make the case that your own personal war with her is somehow relevant to whether or not what happened was wrong. Well it's not relevant - what happened to Sarah was despicable, downright creepy and an outrageous violation of VJ's TOS, whether you liked her or hated her (or were indifferent.)

I really don't expect you to get the point (or ever admit that your bizarre accusations are totally off the mark.) It is clear that you perceive anyone who ever disagrees with you about anything as a member of some sort of organized conspiracy against you (a "cabal" as you used to put it,) somehow in cahoots with the Great Satan Sarah. Again, Tripsville.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.