madlove

k-1 visa original signature required

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

I am applying for a K-1 visa for my fiance abroad. Can a faxed or scanned/e-mailed copy of the fiance intent letter and G-325 form be submitted with the application, or do they need to be the original signatures?

Also, how strict are they about the signatures?

thank you

Edited by madlove

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

They can be strict on the G-325A, however in our case letter of intent was fine as a photo-graph emailed to me from my wife.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
I am applying for a K-1 visa for my fiance abroad. Can a faxed or scanned/e-mailed copy of the fiance intent letter and G-325 form be submitted with the application, or do they need to be the original signatures?

thank you

It's SUPPOSED to be original. People have gotten RFE's for sending originals that didn't look good enough like originals which is why I signed everything in blue.

I did my K1 in 2009 so still relatively recently. I assume it's still the same as the instructions still say "original signatures"

It's supposed to be original signatures.

I've seen some people get RFEs for it and some people not get RFEs for it. It's a risk I wouldn't take, personally.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

thank you

Leter of intent should be original signature. G-325a does not have to be signed at all. See below.

Interoffice Memorandum

To: SERVICE CENTER DIRECTORS

Acting Associate Director for Operations

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services

Department of Homeland Security

Date: November 1, 2005

Re: Guidance for Processing Pending Form I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) when

G-325A for Petitioner and/or Beneficiary is not Signed and/or Photos not Submitted.

Purpose

To provide field offices with guidance on processing Form I-129F petitions when the accompanying G-325A is missing signatures and/or photographs.

A properly executed Form G-325A is required for all I-129F petitions. Previously it was standard practice to issue an RFE when the beneficiary failed to sign the G-325A and/or failed to submit photographs. From the date of this memorandum, an RFE should not be issued in instances where the beneficiary failed to sign the G-325A and/or failed to include photographs provided that the beneficiary is residing abroad. The beneficiary will be required to sign the Form G-325A and/or submit photographs at the time of visa issuance abroad. It is also not necessary to RFE for the petitioner’s signature on the G-325A, if the petitioner failed to sign it. The signature of the petitioner on the Form I-129F should be deemed sufficient for purposes of adjudicating the petition. Finally, it is important to note that the petitioner’s photograph is still required for the adjudication of the I-129F, so if it is missing, it must be requested prior to adjudication.

Questions regarding this memorandum may be directed through appropriate channels to Mica Pilz of Service Center Operations.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

• 4 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Leter of intent should be original signature. G-325a does not have to be signed at all. See below.

Interoffice Memorandum

To: SERVICE CENTER DIRECTORS

Acting Associate Director for Operations

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services

Department of Homeland Security

Date: November 1, 2005

Re: Guidance for Processing Pending Form I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) when

G-325A for Petitioner and/or Beneficiary is not Signed and/or Photos not Submitted.

Purpose

To provide field offices with guidance on processing Form I-129F petitions when the accompanying G-325A is missing signatures and/or photographs.

A properly executed Form G-325A is required for all I-129F petitions. Previously it was standard practice to issue an RFE when the beneficiary failed to sign the G-325A and/or failed to submit photographs. From the date of this memorandum, an RFE should not be issued in instances where the beneficiary failed to sign the G-325A and/or failed to include photographs provided that the beneficiary is residing abroad. The beneficiary will be required to sign the Form G-325A and/or submit photographs at the time of visa issuance abroad. It is also not necessary to RFE for the petitioner’s signature on the G-325A, if the petitioner failed to sign it. The signature of the petitioner on the Form I-129F should be deemed sufficient for purposes of adjudicating the petition. Finally, it is important to note that the petitioner’s photograph is still required for the adjudication of the I-129F, so if it is missing, it must be requested prior to adjudication.

Questions regarding this memorandum may be directed through appropriate channels to Mica Pilz of Service Center Operations.

it only state the G-325A. how about the letter of intent not signed by the beneficiary?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline

it only state the G-325A. how about the letter of intent not signed by the beneficiary?

The letter of intent needs to be signed. As stated, some people on this forum have been given RFE for not having it signed. Better to be prudent, then not and have to worry about getting an RFE for something as small as a signature. It's not a big deal, but some people don't want to have those extra days affect their timeline.

"Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. " ~ Louis Pasteur.

Met Online - 01/2010
Met in Person - 12/21/2010

Engaged - 12/31/2010

File - 07/26/2011

NOA1 - 08/02/2011

NOA2 - 12/22/2011 (e-mail notice)
Visa Approved - 03/13/2012

Married - 03/31/2012 <3

*Started the AOS process a bit late cuse I'm a slacker and suck

But, we've had no issues. It's coming along. Interview should

be shortly coming. Married life is great*

jest.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.