melvin%

What does relatively fast mean?

52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

“There never were in the world two opinions alike, no more than two hairs or two grains; the most universal quality is diversity”

:thumbs:

Edited by On the Road Again

url=http://www.tickerclub.com/]e736e35a2b.png[/url]

Time is relative... The mind makes it slow, the heart makes it fast, our friends make it worth while, and words... make it timeless.

12/27/10 NOA 1 hard copy received in Mail

12/31/10 USICS Notification on Website

05/04/11 2nd notice of Approval via website and text message! Thank you Jesus!

05/09/11 2nd notice I-797 hard copy arrives in mail.

05/11/11 NVC receives approved K-1 visa

05/13/11 NVC ships K-1 to Bogota

05/16/11 K-1 arrives at Embassy

05/18/11 E-mail Packet #3 to Embassy

07/28/11 Appointment scheduled at Embassy in Bogota. # Visa Approved #

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

“There never were in the world two opinions alike, no more than two hairs or two grains; the most universal quality is diversity”

:thumbs:

AMen and pass the grits to that one Roady. I guess the one thing that brings all us different hairs and grains together is finding our better half. Good luck to you and everyone else and I hope everyone is having a fine day!

Timeline

People overreacted to the phrase, "still looking at the catalog" as if you were wanting to buy a wife. No worries. One of the dynamics of the group is that for some reason the many in the minority, don't realize the majority actually first became acquainted with their loved ones through technology, not by accident. Both groups consider their relationships to be genuine, though some are actually being scammed and just don't know it.

When you come in talking like you want to buy a mail order bride, it ruffles feathers.

Well I don't know about buying a wife but I guess it aint exactly free either lol. I have been looking at these tours over seas and they are downright pricey. That's too bad about some folks getting scammed.

Timeline

How does driving a pickup affect your back when you don't have to carry it?

Lol my old pickup was a pretty hard ride, stiff suspension was too hard on my back. I had to sell it after my accident on the horse and got me a an 89 Caddy Seville. That was back in 90, bought it brand new and still have it. 150 thousand miles and still the most comfortable ride around lol.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It means "fast" compared to another way of doing the same thing. Poplar trees grow relatively fast compared to oak trees. In the immigration procedures it means, usually, months rather than years.

All family based visas are "relatively fast" compared to other forms of immigration which can take 7-10 years as opposed to 7-10 months.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Mel, (can I call you Mel?)

If speed is what you're looking for then some countries are faster (&easier) than others. Where have you been looking so far?

Such a discussion here would be entirely off-topic. This is not an internet dating discussion forum and we're not here to facilitate matchmaking. It's about immigration to the USA. Please let the man do his own dating. If he has immigration questions, he knows where to come ask them.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

It means "fast" compared to another way of doing the same thing. Poplar trees grow relatively fast compared to oak trees. In the immigration procedures it means, usually, months rather than years.

All family based visas are "relatively fast" compared to other forms of immigration which can take 7-10 years as opposed to 7-10 months.

THank you Gary and nice to meet you. As I told the other gentleman I'm no spring chicken, I know what the dictionary meaning of "relatively fast" is lol. Wow first I thought I would have to wait 2 years and now you're saying I might have to wait 10 years? Holy cow I'm all sorts of confused now!

Timeline

THank you Gary and nice to meet you. As I told the other gentleman I'm no spring chicken, I know what the dictionary meaning of "relatively fast" is lol. Wow first I thought I would have to wait 2 years and now you're saying I might have to wait 10 years? Holy cow I'm all sorts of confused now!

You would be involved in a "family based" visa process. Months, not years.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Mel, (can I call you Mel?)

If speed is what you're looking for then some countries are faster (&easier) than others. Where have you been looking so far?

Well I was looking at the Phillipines and Russia, but I don't know. What countries are supposed to be faster for marriage immigration visas?

Timeline

Such a discussion here would be entirely off-topic. This is not an internet dating discussion forum and we're not here to facilitate matchmaking. It's about immigration to the USA. Please let the man do his own dating. If he has immigration questions, he knows where to come ask them.

Good morning pushbrk! Don't worry about me sir, I'm not sniffing around here for brides, I think everyone here's already paired up lol.

Oh and Vinhbao I forgot to say you can sure call me Mel, that's what all my friends call me anyway. Very nice to meet you, hope you're having a fine morning today sir!

Timeline

Well I was looking at the Phillipines and Russia, but I don't know. What countries are supposed to be faster for marriage immigration visas?

None are supposed to be faster but some are. The difference is not much and is unpredictable. I suggest you deal with finding the woman and learning the basics, instead of fine tuning your "search" to save a few weeks. Again, this is not a dating advice message board.

The poorer the country, the higher the level of fraud, in general, so the "harder" it is to get a spouse or fiancee visa.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The longest part of the whole process is typically the one that does not even involve the government: Finding and courting the right woman. The type of woman you would expect from any given culture is what should drive you to look in that country, not how fast the immigration process is. From the fastest country to the slowest one, we are talking maybe 6 months total difference in speed, a drop in the bucket compared to the whole journey. The longest part of the immigration process does not even involve her country and that is the USCIS approval, step 1, which lately has been taking 5 to 7 1/2 months.

So the first thing you should really do is pick a few countries that might interest you and read about the ladies and their culture. Just make sure to consult some neutral source and not just a matchmaking website since they have something to sell you.

Good luck to you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
The longest part of the immigration process [...] is the USCIS approval, step 1.
It can be the longest, but not necessarily. Consider the consular phase, AP (administrative processing), sometimes AOS, sometimes ROC... everybody's "journey" differs.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.