melvin%

What does relatively fast mean?

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

You were already told in your other thread that if you're reading "met in person within the two years prior to filing" and understanding, "I have to know the woman for two years first" you aren't reading carefully enough and are not interpreting literally.

Folks, let's knock off the judgmental #######. Ok?

I can't find my other thread anymore I think I accidentally did something wrong or something, but anyway I understand that now sorry this is all really complicated and I'm really learning alot. Hope you guys will all be patient with me until I get my sea legs under me lol. Thanks for everyone's help so far!

Timeline

I also forgot to mention that depending on the beneficiary's country, it will be another RED FLAG and potential for denial if the age difference is great and there is very little courtship and time between meeting her in person and filing for the petition. The problem of the age difference seems to be more important in some countries than others as it is a culturally specific issue though.

That is good to know Aztec thanks for the help! Is there a list or something where it is harder to bring over a woman than others? Maybe its in a guide and I just have't seen it yet, I'm still reading lol. But anyway I will keep this in mind, I didn't know age difference makes it harder but I guess that makes sense. "Courtship," now that's a word you don't hear much anymore, I like it.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I can't find my other thread anymore I think I accidentally did something wrong or something, but anyway I understand that now sorry this is all really complicated and I'm really learning alot. Hope you guys will all be patient with me until I get my sea legs under me lol. Thanks for everyone's help so far!

That's good. If you're truly "looking at a catalog" then buyer beware. If, on the other hand, you're simply using a metaphor to indicate you, like many of us were, are in the early stages of internet dating through a dating website, then join the club. It's good that you now know there's a months long process to get either a fiancee or spouse to the USA from abroad and there are expenses and fees. At this point, that and that you need to financially qualify at above 125% of the poverty level to qualify to sponsor a fiancee or spouse, is about all you need until you actually have an ongoing relationship and are planning a visit with a marriage proposal as part of your agenda.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Technically I believe you can know her, meet her in person and file the paperwork on the same day. Whether or not that will fly with the powers that be is another story. You should 'get to know her' for as long as it takes to establish a good relationship, to know each other. You want to be comfortable with someone before you start the process so that you are not wasting your time, her time and lots of money. Good luck on your journey.

John

Hey John nice to meet you thanks for the advice! I sure do plan to get to know her when I find her lol. I was married for a good deal of years and understand what it means to give and take envenly and have a good relationship, last thing I wanna do is waste anyone's time. "Honesty is the best policy" as the good Mr. Benjamin Franklin was known to say.

Timeline

This process is so ridiculous because of people like you who "buy" a bride. They go to the US for the sole purpose of getting a green card while the rest of us are trying to get there to be with our loved ones.

Nobody told you you have to know the person for two years. In fact, numerous people (in this thread and your original one) have attempted to hammer home the fact that you have to have met in PERSON in two years. If you cannot understand the difference, perhaps this process is not for you.

Hi Coconut I'm sorry for offending you, I don't plan on buying a bride tho so don't worry please. I am just looking for a woman to marry, nothing illegal.

Timeline

That's good. If you're truly "looking at a catalog" then buyer beware. If, on the other hand, you're simply using a metaphor to indicate you, like many of us were, are in the early stages of internet dating through a dating website, then join the club. It's good that you now know there's a months long process to get either a fiancee or spouse to the USA from abroad and there are expenses and fees. At this point, that and that you need to financially qualify at above 125% of the poverty level to qualify to sponsor a fiancee or spouse, is about all you need until you actually have an ongoing relationship and are planning a visit with a marriage proposal as part of your agenda.

Thank you again pushbrk, sounds like you know what you are talking about! Finances isn't a problem, just everything else is lol.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I will remind everyone that judgmental posts and personal attacks are inappropriate. If you disagree with what you read and have no constructive information to give, then please do not answer if all you intend to do is judge the other person. If the person is doing or proposing something illegal, then report it to the moderation team. If it is a situation that is legal but you don't like it, then just don't respond.

To the OP, if you want to find your previous threads, just click on your profile name. You will see the option of 'find my content' in the menu. Click on that and it will open up a list of all of your previous posts. Here is a link to all of your previous posts: http://www.visajourn...vity&mid=101558

Please also be aware that for people who have been waiting a long time to go through the immigration process with a loved one they already know and have met, it can cause some upset to hear of someone who is hoping to find that perfect partner overseas through a planned process rather than through a lucky coincidence. Both types of relationships can be valid but sometimes that can be hard for someone to see when it is a different approach to relationships than the one they have taken, so you may wish to be aware of those sensitivities when you post your questions as well.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Hi Coconut I'm sorry for offending you, I don't plan on buying a bride tho so don't worry please. I am just looking for a woman to marry, nothing illegal.

If you are "looking for a woman to marry", is there not a sufficient supply where you live. Do you really need to add the grief of importing one?

Im not trying to be mean, althought it might be taken as such, but its hard enough to establish a meanful relationship in your own country without the added choppy seas of the uscis.

anyway good luck. You are following a well beaten track followed by many. A lot ending in divorce and some ending in happy ever after.

Thank you, goodnight and may your gods go with you",

Dave Allen.

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well chances are she may have never seen a pickup truck....and would not even begin to know how to "run a trot line"...so it will be an experience for your bride as well....I will caution you that if you look in FSU ...these women often are hardy but extremely feminine...perhaps choose one from the smaller farming towns...

Timeline

If you are "looking for a woman to marry", is there not a sufficient supply where you live. Do you really need to add the grief of importing one?

Im not trying to be mean, althought it might be taken as such, but its hard enough to establish a meanful relationship in your own country without the added choppy seas of the uscis.

anyway good luck. You are following a well beaten track followed by many. A lot ending in divorce and some ending in happy ever after.

Well it's a long story but I guess it really comes down to I aint gettin any younger and the pickins are gettin slimmer lol. I'm just trying to broaden my horizons as they say.

Timeline

Well chances are she may have never seen a pickup truck....and would not even begin to know how to "run a trot line"...so it will be an experience for your bride as well....I will caution you that if you look in FSU ...these women often are hardy but extremely feminine...perhaps choose one from the smaller farming towns...

Hey ptgarner1 it's nice to meet you. These days I don't drive a pickup anymore. It's just too hard on my back, I broke it falling off a horse about 20 years ago and it just aint been the same since. What is FSU is that another visa immigration term I better know? lol

Timeline

I will remind everyone that judgmental posts and personal attacks are inappropriate. If you disagree with what you read and have no constructive information to give, then please do not answer if all you intend to do is judge the other person. If the person is doing or proposing something illegal, then report it to the moderation team. If it is a situation that is legal but you don't like it, then just don't respond.

To the OP, if you want to find your previous threads, just click on your profile name. You will see the option of 'find my content' in the menu. Click on that and it will open up a list of all of your previous posts. Here is a link to all of your previous posts: http://www.visajourn...vity&mid=101558

Please also be aware that for people who have been waiting a long time to go through the immigration process with a loved one they already know and have met, it can cause some upset to hear of someone who is hoping to find that perfect partner overseas through a planned process rather than through a lucky coincidence. Both types of relationships can be valid but sometimes that can be hard for someone to see when it is a different approach to relationships than the one they have taken, so you may wish to be aware of those sensitivities when you post your questions as well.

Hi Kathryn41 thanks alot for your advice I sure don't mean to ruffle anyone's feathrs. I guess I just don't understand enough about the process yet to know what I'm talking about and maybe I said something out of turn. I'll be dipped if I can figure out what that was though lol. ANyway everyone, just bear with me a spell and I'll start getting this all figured out. I already printed up some guides and been reading them.

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey ptgarner1 it's nice to meet you. These days I don't drive a pickup anymore. It's just too hard on my back, I broke it falling off a horse about 20 years ago and it just aint been the same since. What is FSU is that another visa immigration term I better know? lol

How does driving a pickup affect your back when you don't have to carry it?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hi Kathryn41 thanks alot for your advice I sure don't mean to ruffle anyone's feathrs. I guess I just don't understand enough about the process yet to know what I'm talking about and maybe I said something out of turn. I'll be dipped if I can figure out what that was though lol. ANyway everyone, just bear with me a spell and I'll start getting this all figured out. I already printed up some guides and been reading them.

People overreacted to the phrase, "still looking at the catalog" as if you were wanting to buy a wife. No worries. One of the dynamics of the group is that for some reason the many in the minority, don't realize the majority actually first became acquainted with their loved ones through technology, not by accident. Both groups consider their relationships to be genuine, though some are actually being scammed and just don't know it.

When you come in talking like you want to buy a mail order bride, it ruffles feathers.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey all, Melvin here again with a dumb question. Sorry if it's already somewhere in a guide but I didn't see it. In the guide it says

"Relatively" fast process. As fast or quicker than K-3 and/or IR1 / CR-1 Visas (which are only available to married couples)

What does this mean? As I understand I have to know my woman for 2 years first and that doesn't seem like a fast process to me, even "relatively." Does this mean it starts from the end of 2 years? How fast is "fast"?

Thanks everyone and have a great Saturday!

The guys already answered the question about knowing the person for 2 years prior to applying for K1-visa. I applied after I knew her for about 4 months. Another person here on the forum posted few days ago that he met his fiancee (online) 1 month and few weeks prior to applying for her k1-visa. They met in person 3 weeks after they me online.

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.