Bad_Daddy

BlackPeopleMeet.com

139 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I wouldn't consider a White Singles dating site racist. It would be fun to look through for the kind of folks who consider themselves to be White. I'm supposed to be White, but I'm more like Black Irish :lol:, a little tanned.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

According to this recent study.... the market is there for a "white" focused dating site.

Seems whites prefer to seek out whites the most and Black guys are on the other end.... they will take all comers.

Whites prefer whites when dating online

UC BERKELEY (US) — The quest for a post-racial society continues, even in the world of online dating, new research shows.

Data from more than 1 million profiles of singles looking for love online confirms that whites overwhelmingly prefer to date members of their own race. The same is not true for blacks, especially men, who are far more likely to cross the race barrier to meet a mate.

Researchers at the University of California, Berkeley, analyzed the racial preferences and online activity of people from the United States who subscribed between 2009 and 2010 to a major Internet dating service. In their profiles, the online daters stated if they had a racial preference.

Researchers were then able to compare the online daters’ stated preferences with whom they actually contacted for a date, and they found profound differences between blacks and whites.

“Those who said they were indifferent to the race of a partner were most likely to be young, male and black,” says Gerald Mendelsohn, a psychologist, professor of graduate studies, and lead author of the study, which will soon be submitted for publication.

Overall, he said, “Whites more than blacks, women more than men and old more than young participants stated a preference for a partner of the same race,”

The reluctance of whites to contact blacks was true even for those who claimed they were indifferent to race. More than 80 percent of the whites contacted whites and fewer than 5 percent of them contacted blacks, a disparity that held for young as well as for older participants.

“Were they hypocritical? Alert to the realities of the social world? Striving for political correctness? Attempting an optimizing strategy of self-presentation? Our data do not permit us to choose among those alternatives,” the study authors write.

An estimated one in five Americans has used an online dating service such as eHarmony or Match.com, and a growing number of urbanites are finding romance via Facebook and other social networking sites. The percentage of couples who have met online is now nearly equal to that of pairs who met through friends or family, according to the researchers.

The last 40 years have seen a dramatic shift in attitudes in America toward black-white intermarriage—from three to one opposed to three to one in favor, says Mendelsohn. Yet, 2000 U.S. Census data shows that black-white couples represent just 1 percent of American marriages, he said.

The main findings of this study parallel the census data on marriage in that blacks are more likely than whites to be in interracial marriages, and that couples in which the husband is black and the wife is white are more common than those in which the husband is white and the wife is black, according to Mendelsohn.

“One theory is that blacks are acting like other minority populations in the history of this country,” Mendelsohn says. “They are interested in moving up in the power structure, and one way you do that is through intermarriage with the dominant group.”

According to the study, more than 80 percent of the online dating contacts initiated by whites were to other whites, with only 3 percent going to blacks. This trend held for both men and women, young and old. Although black participants initiated contact to members of their own race more than to whites, they were ten times more likely to contact whites than vice versa, according the study.

The researchers also tracked the rates of reciprocation among the pool of online daters, looking at how they responded once they received a message from an interested potential partner. Again, white men and women were most likely to respond to members of their own race, and only 5 percent of their responses went to blacks.

More news from UC Berkeley: http://newscenter.berkeley.edu/

http://www.futurity.org/society-culture/whites-prefer-whites-when-dating-online/

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Timeline

According to this recent study.... the market is there for a "white" focused dating site.

The study tells us what we already know - most white people prefer dating white people. It does not show that white people feel they need a white-focused site because existing sites are not meeting their needs.

Again, I have addressed this before and you even responded to it so I'm not sure why we're doing this again.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The study tells us what we already know - most white people prefer dating white people. It does not show that white people feel they need a white-focused site because existing sites are not meeting their needs.

Again, I have addressed this before and you even responded to it so I'm not sure why we're doing this again.

Always trying to muzzle someones right to speech.

:P

PS: I retain the right to repeat myself at any time.... In fact, it is a VJ tradition.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yea!! If you've already addressed it, that should be the end of it. Why can't Danno get that through his head :P

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I still say ...if there was a site advertised on TV called MeetWhiteSingles.com ...some people would be enraged and it would be all over the news as being a racist site. So why doesn't it work both ways if this country is supposed to be promoting racial equality ?

*btw...Maria Sharapova in her tennis suit > any golfer chick

:rolleyes: of course you still say that, as if you have hit on some profound revelation. It's stupid. Really stupid actually.

Yea!! If you've already addressed it, that should be the end of it. Why can't Danno get that through his head :P

He didn't use a hammer and nails

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Let's not ask ourselves why there is a Black History Month, or why black americans define themselves by the solidarity of skin colour in the absence of a historical national identity and why whites do the exact opposite (except for the white supremacist types).

But why is it the SHORTEST month? Obviously racist.

I joined blackpeoplemeet.com and hooked up with a BBW chick with big titties from the Bronx.

uh......... :o

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Didn't we do this a few pages ago? I am addressing Simpson's thoughts because they are new (to this thread). Your point was addressed a while ago and you know my thoughts on it.

Why is blackhistorymonth the shortest? In a non-racist world we would take one day each from July, August and December and make February 31 days and THEN make it blackhistorymonth. Dot com.

Private clubs can decide who their members are. It is basically a private property issue.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Well, that's why I'd want to join. Golf sucks; I'd just be there for the bar.

Also, I love that it's a table for women in the corner. What a sweet little thought!

Maybe they should allow drunk white women in the clubhouse. Call it the "19th, 20th and 21st hole"

Gary And Alla

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Why is blackhistorymonth the shortest? In a non-racist world we would take one day each from July, August and December and make February 31 days and THEN make it blackhistorymonth. Dot com.

Private clubs can decide who their members are. It is basically a private property issue.

I think you need to work on your sense of hunour

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I wouldn't consider a White Singles dating site racist. It would be fun to look through for the kind of folks who consider themselves to be White. I'm supposed to be White, but I'm more like Black Irish :lol:, a little tanned.

...you'd probably just find a bunch of boring looking guys (like me!) :lol:

I joined blackpeoplemeet.com and hooked up with a BBW chick with big titties from the Bronx.

Ha! Classic! Best post of the day! :thumbs::rofl:

“Acquire the spirit of peace and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” Saint Seraphim of Sarov

jesus-animated-gif-image-0110.gif

“The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” Pablo Cassals

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

we'll never see the gecko again :cry:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!