Marie1123

Looks like I'm getting a divorce

77 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
As for me, I'm not eligible for the pension with my job until January 1 so he suggested I wait until after the divorce is final to sign up; this way he won't be entitled to JACK!

sounds like a good plan.

You might also want to consider moving to the other side of the city, so that if the yutz gets released he can't immediately find you. He'll probably be really pissed that his meal ticket has served him while he's been in jail. A restraining order probably would be a good idea too, if they'll give it you.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Am glad to read that you have gotten really good encouraging advice from other VJers and sounds like you have taken the necessary steps to get out of this situation...You mentioned in your previous post that you felt like a "fool" for being with him..I dont think you are fool at all because you have seen the extent of what this man has being doing behind your back now and the choice is yours whether to stay or leave, and you chose to leave so that doesnt make you fool. What would make you a fool is if you stayed and complained but never did anything about it..sounds like you gave him enough chances for him to come correct but he failed so his failure is your opt to get out which means that down the road for you is a big bright future with endless possibilities.....Take care and here's wishing you all the best! (L)

March 8, 2010 N-400 priority filing date

April 21, 2010-biometrics apppointment

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Update: I've sinced spoken with my attorney, same one processed my GC papers and we're going to be serving him papers sometime around the middle of the month. According to my attorney, luckily he'll be in prison so we'll know exactly where to serve him. If it goes like my attorney plans, by the end of February or sooner I'll be detached from this yutz. As for me, I'm not eligible for the pension with my job until January 1 so he suggested I wait until after the divorce is final to sign up; this way he won't be entitled to JACK!

I am so sorry what has happened to you. I know it must be ruff. Hang in there. You still have a long broght future ahead. The guy seems like a real loser an a** so good ridens. Best luck with the attorney and I hope everything works out for u in the end.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Update: I've sinced spoken with my attorney, same one processed my GC papers and we're going to be serving him papers sometime around the middle of the month. According to my attorney, luckily he'll be in prison so we'll know exactly where to serve him. If it goes like my attorney plans, by the end of February or sooner I'll be detached from this yutz. As for me, I'm not eligible for the pension with my job until January 1 so he suggested I wait until after the divorce is final to sign up; this way he won't be entitled to JACK!

Sometimes bad things happen to good people. I'm glad you're being proactive, promptly contacting the attorney.

Just in case you haven't done it, sever ALL financial ties ASAP. Close all joint checking, credit cards, etc. Is your car in your name? Can you get it into your name? When I got divorced I gave my ex- a choice - she got the car and the payments, or I did. In your case, the bank would probably not let him take over the payments. You might have to get a new car loan. It's worth doing, even at a higher rate, if it gets him off the car title and the loan. Also, put a fraud alert or customer comment on your credit history with all 3 credit bureaus.

Tom, CPA

Thank for for updating your timeline. (My Assistant, then edit/add my timeline.)
K1

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belize
Timeline

Just a quick update to all. I'm still working on the divorce papers, he's now out on bail. His step mom put her house up as bail (what a fool). Anyway, hopefully by next wednesday I'll be delivering my papers to the Newark Court House. He now says he's gonna ask for spousal support...WHAT A JOKE.

09-26-05 Mailed AOS/EAD/130

12-23-05 Recieve Notice of Interview for 02-28-06 (77 days total)

02-28-06 AOS interview APPROVED stamp in passport (138 days total)

03-24-06 Welcome to America letter arrives.

03-28-06 Green Card Arrives error free

Removal of Conditions

12-01-07 Mailed I751 to VT (day 1)

11-13-08....Card Production Ordered (day 358)

N-400

03-16-2011 Mailed to Lewisville lockbox

03-17-2011 NOA date

03-23-2011 Check Cashed

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

sounds like your getting everything in order... good luck and a better future without this idiot in your life! best wishes!

I 130 & I129F (K3) and AOS info in timeline

Claudeth and I are both saddened to hear of your situation and pray that you will be ok.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belize
Timeline

Thank You all

09-26-05 Mailed AOS/EAD/130

12-23-05 Recieve Notice of Interview for 02-28-06 (77 days total)

02-28-06 AOS interview APPROVED stamp in passport (138 days total)

03-24-06 Welcome to America letter arrives.

03-28-06 Green Card Arrives error free

Removal of Conditions

12-01-07 Mailed I751 to VT (day 1)

11-13-08....Card Production Ordered (day 358)

N-400

03-16-2011 Mailed to Lewisville lockbox

03-17-2011 NOA date

03-23-2011 Check Cashed

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Um no I don't think you are giving up. What kind of a 'forever' would a marriage like that be?

Wait a minute - 2 daughters in less than a year....that means two different mothers, right?

What an a$$hole.

Nope first kid was born August 26th, second kid was born May 12th. From what the mother told me, somethings wrong with the kid and she was born a couple months premature. Not that I care!

No, I don't think it's copping out at all. As everyone else has said, you deserve better than this. But please, don't have any bitterness towards those innocent children. They didn't ask for any of this no more than you did. They are innocents here too. :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Just a quick update to all. I'm still working on the divorce papers, he's now out on bail. His step mom put her house up as bail (what a fool). Anyway, hopefully by next wednesday I'll be delivering my papers to the Newark Court House. He now says he's gonna ask for spousal support...WHAT A JOKE.

Spousal support!!!!! OMG!!! I cannot believe the audacity of this man!! Missmariemc, I hope and pray that you can move on safely with your life and not have this wreck of a man bother you in your pursuit of happiness here in the US!!!

I am proud of you, sister, for standing up for yourself and not feeling as if you NEED him in your life. When you are ready, I hope you meet and fall in love again, with someone who will treat you the way you deserve :thumbs:

Griffy

Women who behave rarely make history!!

10-21-06 Married!!

07-20-07 Sent I-130, AOS, EAD and AP to Chicago

07-23-07 Package received at lockbox!

08-03-07 Checks cashed 11 days

08-10-07 Biometric appt. letter in mail 18 days

08-29-07 Biometric appt. 37 days

09-20-07 EAD approval notice mailed 59 days

09-20-07 Travel Doc approval notice mailed 59 days

12-11-07 Interview letter received (1-31-2008) 143 days

01-31-08 Interview completed (IO said she will see if his name and fingerprints were cleared when she got back to the home office)194 days

02-13-08 Card production ordered email sent! 207 days

02-19-08 Permanent Resident Card arrives!! 213 days

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Stay Strong Girl! If it was me, I was drop his dump and Ship his a$$ back to his own country! Sounds like you got to much of a life to deal with that sh*t. Life is way to short to go through that. Plus he not the only man out there! :yes: but in the long run the decides is your. But if he doing this now, he'll do it agian.

Best wishes and Bright blessing!

2.png

• 6 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

No, you are definitely not copping out. Really you should have divorced him a while ago.

Not trying to criticize you or anything, but this is why you 100% need to make sure you know the person BEFORE you get married....

2/23/07 - Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

2/25/07 - Package arrived in Chicago

3/05/07 - Checks cashed

3/05/07 - Received NOAs for I-765, I-485, & I-130!

3/09/07 - All touched

3/10/07 - Received biometrics appt letter

3/12/07 - All touched

3/13/07 - I-130 & I-765 touched

3/15/07 - I-485 touched

3/15/07 - Received email informing me that an RFE has been mailed to me about the I-485

3/19/07 - Received RFE for I-485 in the mail.

3/20/07 - Biometrics appt

3/21/07 - I-485 & I-765 touched

3/23/07 - Mailed back RFE with signature confirmation

3/26/07 - RFE was delivered to Lee's Summit, MO & was signed for by "Ashley Love"

3/27/07 - Received email saying that RFE has been received at MSC and that case processing has resumed

3/27/07 - I-485 touched

3/28/07 - I-485 touched

4/17/07 - I-765 & I-130 touched

4/18/07 - All touched

4/19/07 - All touched

5/10/07 - I-765 touched

5/14/07 - Received interview notice in the mail! Interview will be on July 18!!!

5/15/07 - I-765 touched!

5/15/07 - Received email saying that EAD card production has been ordered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/16/07 - I-765 touched

5/19/07 - Received EAD in the mail!!!!!!!!

5/21/07 - I-765 touched

7/18/07 - Had interview in Memphis, TN! GC Approved!!!

7/23/07 - Received Welcome Letter (with notice date of July 19th) in the mail.

7/24/07 - Received Card Production Ordered email!

8/02/07 - Received Permanent Resident Card!!!! No more USCIS until 2009!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
No, you are definitely not copping out. Really you should have divorced him a while ago.

Not trying to criticize you or anything, but this is why you 100% need to make sure you know the person BEFORE you get married....

By saying that you are criticizing.

Also - the last reply was over 6 months ago. Why are we dragging this up?

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I hope she's single and happy by now...

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-07-07 - AOS package mailed to Chicago

02-09-07 - AOS package delivered

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-21-07 - Biometrics letter

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

03-01-07 - Biometrics taken

03-15-07 - Transferred to The Sucky/Slow Center (TSC)... to "speed up" processing.

03-17-07 - Transferred notice e-mail

03-20-07 - Received TSC transfer letter

03-21-07 - application pending at TSC e-mail.

05-14-07 - Misinfopass appt. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

07-09-07 - Received weird looking letter for AP, but online status hasn't changed

Last Touch - AOS 3/24, AP 7/03

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ2JkkrY291bGQraGF2ZStnb3R0ZW4rYStEZWxsJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmYyYwJjcmMiYyMDA3JjcmMCY0Mzc4NDcwMDExODEyMjE5ODguJw==.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Ok so I was bored.... I checked and Elgringo had to look back 269 pages to find this thread! :whistle:

~ AOS Journey ~

03/08/2007: AOS/EAD sent

03/16/2007: NOA AOS/EAD

03/21/2007: Touched

04/05/2007: Biometrics

04/09/2007: Touched

04/11/2007: Case transferred to CSC

05/16/2007: Case pending at CSC

05/17/2007: AOS Touched

05/24/2007: EAD Touched

05/29/2007: EAD Approved (82 days)

06/19/2007: AOS Approved (93 days)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.