JoshGriga

What are some good examples of proof of engagement?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Do you mean the new letter of intent? We never provided proof of engagement at our interview.

We gave a new letter of intent to marry from the US citizen, and I brought pictures from throughout our relationship and other ongoing relationship evidence with me.

If you are talking about something cultural specific then you would provide pictures of your cultures engagement party/ceremony etc.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm there too - Proof of engagement to your fiance - I'm going to include receipts of my wedding dress and engagement ring (with pictures), and of our engagement announcement which we mailed, as well as email correspondence with a priest about marrying in his church. I believe, though, that it's *like* updated proof of a relationship information: updated letters of intent, new pictures of visits, boarding passes/passport stamps, and anything at all that shows one of you is leaving his/her country behind shortly and preparing to marry in the States.

Of course, I would also welcome any further suggestions! B-)

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

We attached a letter of intent to the petition, and then later brought a renewed letter of intent to the visa interview, though the interviewing officer did not even request or look at it.

Letter of intent: http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Fiance_Letter_of_Intent.doc

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

As mentioned by a previous poster, this may be an embassy specific question best posed in the appropriate regional forum.

We supplied letters of intent to marry at the interview as well as an abundance of evidence of ongoing relationship.

No further proof of intent to marry was given.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

A letter of intent from each person. We used the VJ sample exactly, just changed the names and dates.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm there too - Proof of engagement to your fiance - I'm going to include receipts of my wedding dress and engagement ring (with pictures), and of our engagement announcement which we mailed, as well as email correspondence with a priest about marrying in his church. I believe, though, that it's *like* updated proof of a relationship information: updated letters of intent, new pictures of visits, boarding passes/passport stamps, and anything at all that shows one of you is leaving his/her country behind shortly and preparing to marry in the States.

Of course, I would also welcome any further suggestions! B-)

These are all really good ideas, thanks for the suggestion about including the correspondence with the priest that will be marrying you. I hadn't thought of that, since we have to do this Engaged Encounter weekend we could include our certificate that we have to submit to the church of having completed that weekend retreat. Thanks for getting my thoughts going as well...

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-07

Touched: 2010-12-13

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I submitted about 13 engagement pictures, a couple with family members, and fiance siblings along with a letter of intent from each of us. I did submit copies of cell phone bills, emails, and receipt of roses sent to her from the USA.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I never read where you had to prove engagement, but only to prove ongoing relationship. To prove ongoing relationship, I provided proof of my trip going to visit recently. We do however have our receipt from the ring and we did a save the date "tentative.". I hope this helps.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I understand that for the interview we will need to provide proof of our engagement. What exactly would meet this requirement for proof of engagement?

I do not believe anywhere you have to prove you are engaged. I believe the signed letters of intent are just that. The proof for interview is ongoing communication, the fact your significant other can answer many questions about you that they should know, pictures of you guys together. Of course if you have receipts for engagement ring and pictures with her wearing it and you guys together, that is good secondary evidence...but in no way is required.

James and Oksana

event.png

Traveled to Novosibirsk, Russia (thats in Siberia) over holidays

Engaged on ----------------- New Years

Send I-129F package ---- 1/15/2011

Package Received -------- 1/18/2011 10:13 AM signed for by J BRADSHAW

NOA1---------------------------1/20/2011

E-Notification of NOA1---- 1/24/2011 1:09 AM & check cashed, sent to CSC

Hard Copy NOA1------------1/27/2011

Surprise Visit Fiancée-----4/12/2011 - 4/18/2011 (see picture as she was shocked!)

NOA2---------------------------5/11/2011

Birthday Visit------------------5/18/2011 - 5/25/2011

VISA APPROVED!!!----------7/13/2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

We included the orginal letter of Intent to Marry in the Petition, pictures of our Turkish Engagement Ceremony, Engagement Rings Receipt & picture of our Jewler with our rings on same colour copy page. I am currently working on a Save The Date, but we really are waiting for the NOA2 so as not to be doing this in vain.

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I do not believe anywhere you have to prove you are engaged.

The DS-156K form says to "attach the following documents" and includes things like a birth certificate, police certificate, Evidence of Financial Support etc, and "Evidence of Engagement to your Fiance(e)".

This form is submitted with Packet 3 before an interview can be booked. Still, I'm not sure they *can* say, "Ma'am you don't have a ring, are you really engaged?" so the evidence for this is probably flexible? Updated letters of intent are good evidence in lieu of culturally laden evidence of support?

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.