Gary and Alla

Global Warming Stories

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It is only February and I had to call in a bucket loader to take all the global warming out of the driveway and dump it in the backyard, no more room to push all that global warming with the plow.

Good news...they say no more snow for "a while" Bad news? Tonight is is going to go below -0- F and stay there...for a while.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

so far we've had twice the global warming than normal this winter. due to global warming, i'm gonna buy a global warming blower with heated handgrips.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

As far as global warming, we set a record high maximum and record low minimum about a week apart here in Denver in January. I guess that's a wash.

As far as snow, we have had 13 inches so far this winter. Way below the seasonal average of 33 inches. That can change around in one day here though so it's a little early to say.

I'm sure climate change scientists love Colorado. No matter what they hypothesize, they can find the data here to support it.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Timeline

received the below in an email. some may be able to find more info on this monster:

====================================

This is what will occur when an engineer and/or auto mechanic has too much time on his hands.

Ready for another Snow Storm 454 cubic inch big block Chevrolet V8 produces 412 horsepower.

Just in case you're havin' any trouble removing snow from your driveway... This baby will blow snow back to where it came from...

And now for the rest of the story....

If you're tired of anemic, one-lung snow blowers with their slipping drive belts, you might consider Kai Grundt's V8 snow blower, which raises the bar on the traditional snow blower in every respect. With electric start, electric block heater, antifreeze heater and eight cylinders, it has no drive belts to freeze up and you'll never get bored with the job, as the 454 cubic inch big block Chevrolet V8 produces 412 horsepower, 430 foot pounds of torque and can throw snow 50 feet at just 3500 rpm.

Nor will you get cold, as the machine has been ingeniously designed to route the engine coolant through the handle bars, with the rear mounted, enclosed radiator keeping the operator nice and cozy.

Maneuvering the massive beast (it has a total wet weight of 912 lbs) is a breeze thanks to the hydraulic-drive 4WD skid steer on independent walking beams, which offers a zero turning radius.

It's also as fast as you like, with an infinitely adjustable speed range on the drive wheels via dash mounted flow control. At the opposite end of the scale, it has more than enough torque to pull your car out of the ditch before the hydraulic motors stall!

Adding to the well-balanced feel of the unit, just 15 pounds of down force on the handlebars will lift the auger blade off the ground in order to climb stairs/walkways for ease of snow removal. Safety has been, and continues to be, paramount, with spring return to center "fail safe" type directional controls with emergency stop and tether cords.

Safety is one of the key themes, with a flashing blue light (as required by law in many areas) being the least of the safety features. None will fail to hear you with those twin throaty exhausts, which come standard with 92 decibels at the controls, though if the rumble of a V8 exhaust is music to your ears, you can obviously go much louder. Even at the standard baffling, hearing protection is strongly suggested.

The powerful yard machine lights and a dashboard with back lit gauges complete the package to ease the burden of this normally reviled task. The custom 42 inch, two-stage auger has a Chevrolet 10 bolt truck differential with spool and a centrifugal auger clutch with shear pin protection, further adding to the image of this "automotive theme blower." As each unit is custom-built, optional extras for the snow blower are both diverse and outrageous as the base unit - there is unlimited auger choices from single to multi stage designs and various motor combinations to suit the religious preferences of the customer (Chevy, Dodge Hemi, Ford); and such exotica as a V-10 or a diesel engine or remote starting can be accommodated.

And if, after a while, you feel you've outgrown the 400 horses, this particular engine is well catered for in the performance modification area, with Lunati camshaft, Milodon Gear drive, Holley and Edelbrock components to name a few; and there's always the fuel injection option too, if you feel you need to throw the snow out of the county or ensure your seat in the "neighborhood blower blingster hall of fame."

snow1.jpg

snow2.jpg

snow3.jpg

snow4.jpg

snow5.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Get used to temperature extremes and volatile weather, which, while different from climate, is being effected by the rising earth's temperature. Perhaps you should plan a vacation to Australia right now, Gary? Or how about Pakistan? Brazil?

Timeline

Get used to temperature extremes and volatile weather, which, while different from climate, is being effected by the rising earth's temperature. Perhaps you should plan a vacation to Australia right now, Gary? Or how about Pakistan? Brazil?

and that's different from the past how?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I'm in the desert of Washington and we haven't got much snow.

But I do have a bleeding heart co-worker that claims every single weather event is due to global warming...... more/less snow,rain,hurricanes, wind.... etc.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

and that's different from the past how?

You can read what the bodies of science that study climate have stated....or you can buy into the conspiracy theory that they're all just lying to make you ride a bicycle, or as Gary likes to say, they just want money. I know where logic and reason takes you....when used.

Edited by 8TBVBN

Timeline

You can read what the bodies of science that study climate have stated....or you can buy into the conspiracy theory that they're all just lying to make you ride a bicycle, or as Gary likes to say, they just want money. I know where logic and reason takes you....when used.

got your bicycle already to beat the rush?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *