Gocka

K1's at VSC are at a stand still

141 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Macedonia
Timeline

It's not $455. And it's not like the payment goes into the adjudicator's pocket. You seem to be kidding yourself.

haha exactly I dont get the logic? Besides when I filled it was $455, they recently lowered it the $300 something.

Besides Al what about the buildings they work out of? Electricity, water, heatm cooling, maintenece, cleanup, directors, supervisors, security, healthcare, pensions. I find it hard to believe your a VP of a company and you dont know how many expenses go into an operation other then direct labor? The adjucator doesnt even see $20 out of $450.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know how much overhead goes into running a business. I approve the disbursements here every month and sign the checks.

Of course USCIS has overhead. But Wall Street law firms have much more simply because all of these things cost much more in NYC than in Vermont.

Yet on less than half of USCIS's hourly billing rate, these firms pay New York City overhead, pay their attorneys very handsome salaries, and still make tons of profit.

So how do they do it?

P.S. The money is not an issue with me. The issue is that when I pay Wall Street money, I expect Wall Street service. But with USCIS, I don't even get back alley service.

Edited by Al422

You're paying for an extremely specific service. You are paying for the right for the person you love to spend the rest of their life with you in a 1st world country.

I don't really see how that compares to any regular companies at all.

Aug 20 2010 - NOA1 received.
Feb 08 2011 - NOA2 email received.
Apr 27 2011 - Interview attended at US Embassy, visa approved :D!
May 26 2011 - Arrived in the USA
Aug 02 2011 - Married!
Aug 24 2011 - Diagnosed with cancer
Aug 26 2011 - Applied for IR1/CR1 visa
Aug 31 2011 - NOA1!
Sep 03 2011 - Moved back to the UK
Feb 20 2012 - Wife flew back to the USA
Mar 03 2012 - NOA2!
Mar 23 2012 - NVC received file
Jul 15 2012 - NVC approved, sent to embassy

2012 - Approved, flew back to USA!

Sep 29 2014 - Applied for removal of conditions.

Apr 20 2015 - RFE1 on removal of conditions.

Timeline

Why are you using the fee that we paid for the petition to compare to a lawyers hourly billable rate? There is no correlation in that comparisson they are just two numbers. Does a lawter go through a few hundred cases in a day? does a law firm hire several hundred employees? Your comparing apples and oranges. For one its not wall street because theres no profit involved. Secondly you forget that people who make 200k a year dont usually have some stupid health care plan provided by thier firm, they usually buy thier own. 100's of employees to provide healthcare and pensions to. Its the benefits that really mkaes these goverment employees so expensive, why do you think many people who dont not have advanced degrees look for some type of government job? Because even if they pay isnt huge the benefits outweight the loss in salary many times over.

I agree with you on some levels but I think your frustration is getting the better of you and your not thinking clearly about some things. Trust me I know the feeling, I am extremly frustrated too. Im officialy at 5 months and 5 days so im already over and dont think ill be getting an NOA2 until 6 months. I agree that they should be able to put better use of the money they get but just like any goverment agency they work slow and dont really care that much. Sadly only profit drives people in this country and thats why nothing functions right.

I know how much overhead goes into running a business. I approve the disbursements here every month and sign the checks.

Of course USCIS has overhead. But Wall Street law firms have much more simply because all of these things cost much more in NYC than in Vermont.

Yet on less than half of USCIS's hourly billing rate, these firms pay New York City overhead, pay their attorneys very handsome salaries, and still make tons of profit.

So how do they do it?

P.S. The money is not an issue with me. The issue is that when I pay Wall Street money, I expect Wall Street service. But with USCIS, I don't even get back alley service.

Timeline

Why shouldn't I be frustrated? After four months of near zero speed, they teased us with one day of decent speed and two days of semi acceptable speed, and now they are back to their same old drunken arthritic turtle act.

They are working on August, so how long before they get to September and get to me? One month? Two? Three? Four? More?

Edited by Al422

Yes, I know it got lowered AFTER I filed.

And I also know it is not going into the adjudicator's pocket, just like the Wall Street money does not go into the individual attorney's pocket. It goes to the firm, who pays Wall Street rent out of it, their secretaries, all the fancy trappings, electric, heat, etc., and they still have enough left to pay the attorneys $200,000 a year and up and still make a really huge profit.

On HALF of the money we pay USCIS.

How do they do it?

Competence perhaps?

Then I suggest you not go on about what an adjudicator earns, since you have no clue. You equate the fee with the 15 minutes of service that you get from the adjudicator, but I can almost guarantee you that those adjudicators are simply taking orders and processing what they're told to process. Stop blaming the adjudicator for what you see as a bigger problem.

How is $455 "Wall Street" money?

The longer you go through this process, the less sense your arguments make.

You are angry at everyone from the adjudicators to the President ... neither of whom are the reason for the slow approvals.

Edited by Coconuts

Timeline

Then I suggest you not go on about what an adjudicator earns, since you have no clue.

You are right. I have no idea what an adjudicator earns, which is why I said nothing on the subject.

I do, however, know what Wall Street lawyers earn since I know several of them personally.

How is $455 "Wall Street" money?

$455.00 times 4 petitions per hour = $1,820.00 an hour. Sounds like Wall Street money to me.

You are angry at everyone from the adjudicators to the President ... neither of whom are the reason for the slow approvals.

Then why don't you tell us who is?

Maybe if the Vermont Disservice Center actually did some work on our files instead of teasing us with one day of good production and then falling off the deep end again, I would not be so angry.

Edited by Al422

You are right. I have no idea what an adjudicator earns, which is why I said nothing on the subject.

For $455.00 you get 15 minutes of an adjudicator's time. That adjudicator, at 4 petitions an hour, is taking in $1,820.00 per hour.

Your words. Not mine. That adjudicator is not taking in your fee.

I do, however, know what Wall Street lawyers earn since I know several of them personally.

I do not care who you know. I do not care how high up in your business you are. That means nothing to me.

This is the way this system has been for years. Stories of long waits happened long before Obama took office.

Be angry all you want. You've been angry for nearly two months, so why stop now? All you do is change who you're angry with.

Let me know how far this anger gets you.

Edited by Coconuts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It's funny how when a corporation does something that the public doesn't like, they are called greedy, evil, selfish and the government needs to intervene to get them to behave: oil companies, AIG, the big banks/lending institutions, Wallstreet investors, and the list goes on. Massive outcry from the public at how evil those corporations are.....but when the government ala the USCIS does something that the public does not like (such as making them wait 6+ months to approve a petition that presumable takes less then 20 minutes to adjudicate at a cost of $455 or $340) then we get the hear the following excuses:

Everybody is going through the same thing

They are overloaded with other petitions

The TPS for Haitian nationals is a good thing because of a terrible disaster

Nobody forced you to get engaged to a foreign national

The system has been this way for years

and on

and on

and on

Interesting.....

6/1/09 - 6/11/09-----> First meeting (Japan)

11/11/09 - 11/21/09-----> Second meeting (Japan)

2/7/10 - 2/14/10-----> Third meeting (Vietnam) (First trip to Vietnam)

4/1/10 - 4/11/10-----> Fourth meeting (Vietnam) (Second trip to Vietnam)

5/5/10-----> I-129F: NOA1

8/27/10-----> NOA2

12/20/10-----> Interview Date

It's funny how when a corporation does something that the public doesn't like, they are called greedy, evil, selfish and the government needs to intervene to get them to behave: oil companies, AIG, the big banks/lending institutions, Wallstreet investors, and the list goes on. Massive outcry from the public at how evil those corporations are.....but when the government ala the USCIS does something that the public does not like (such as making them wait 6+ months to approve a petition that presumable takes less then 20 minutes to adjudicate at a cost of $455 or $340) then we get the hear the following excuses:

and on

and on

and on

Interesting.....

Nobody here knows why delays happen. We can speculate, but nobody here works for USCIS adjudicating petitions, so we have no idea. And it HAS been this way for years. Is it right? No. But let's not start blaming the adjudicators and Obama. That's silly.

What's also silly is going into this process knowing the timeline estimates and still complaining about it.

Timeline

and on

and on

and on

Interesting.....

ment

I agree with you 100%. There is no excuse for mediocrity at any level. The little guys, however, always pay the price for it. If they are the mediocre ones, they get fired or their business goes out of business. But if big business leaders run their businesses into the ground, they get big bonuses and the little guys who work for them get laid off. And if government goes into mediocrity, the big political donors get what they want in the backroom while the little guy is told "Sorry about our poor government. Now we have to cut back, and the government gets even poorer."

I could not care less how overburdened poor USCIS is or what their excuse of the day is for their pathetic performance.. Those are not my problems My problem is that i desperately need something from them that I already paid for many months ago, and the government gave them an absolute monopoly over this thing so I can't go elsewhere to get it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Nobody here knows why delays happen. We can speculate, but nobody here works for USCIS adjudicating petitions, so we have no idea. And it HAS been this way for years. Is it right? No. But let's not start blaming the adjudicators and Obama. That's silly.

What's also silly is going into this process knowing the timeline estimates and still complaining about it.

I respectfully disagree. Everybody knows why THIS delay is happening at VSC: Napolitano ordered the TPS for Haitian nationals. Don't believe me? Google it and see for yourself. The upper end people I spoke with from USCIS last year when I complained over and over and over, even those guys admitted it to me. Consequently, ALL other petitions got put on hold until TPS was completed.

Massive outcry from the public how the banks caused the recession by their "bad decisions" for sub-prime mortages. Using that same logic we can hold USCIS accountable for their "bad decisions" to give priority to TPS and causing the resulting backlog.

I also forgot to add one thing to my list from my previous post. I quoted your post above in bold. Here is my updated list:

Everybody knows the timeline estimates and still complains

Please add more if necessary :whistle:

Edited by cedwards001

6/1/09 - 6/11/09-----> First meeting (Japan)

11/11/09 - 11/21/09-----> Second meeting (Japan)

2/7/10 - 2/14/10-----> Third meeting (Vietnam) (First trip to Vietnam)

4/1/10 - 4/11/10-----> Fourth meeting (Vietnam) (Second trip to Vietnam)

5/5/10-----> I-129F: NOA1

8/27/10-----> NOA2

12/20/10-----> Interview Date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Don't blame Obama?

Ok, he appointed an unqualified idiot for Secretary of DHS (Napolitano). SHE is the one who ordered TPS priority over all other petitions for VSC. HENCE the October 3 touch in which EVERY peition was shelved until the charity case, look at US the great USA, look how nice we are to help others (over our own citizens) were complete.

I also do agree that when it is something other than governemnt the anti-business/Wall street people come out and cry, yet when government royally screws up they don't say JACK except "accept it".

I'm sorry but if I pay my taxes and live here, I WILL say something. If YOU don't pay taxes or aren't a citizen then YOU can deal with it as you don't have to put up with it and frankly have no say if you pay no taxes.

Edited by Blob18

Timeline

The really ironic thing about it is when companies screw up, the government rakes them over the coals for it, yet when that very same government screws up, that's just fine.

I have always liked the Democrats better. When I was in politics, I had to publicly support the Republicans because they were the ones buttering my bread, but I still voted Democratic. And I was sad that so many Democrats were voted out last November.

But not any more. Now that I am experiencing, first hand, the out of control liberalism of Obama and his cronies, I am getting really sick of it and wish that even more Democrats were sent to the unemployment office.

Timeline

Well gee that very ethical. I would even be tenpted to use the word cowardly. Ugh if these forums are any indicator of the people that live here I think I might go apply for a visa to her country lol.

Everything if said youve ignored, twisted, taken out of context, all to prove some baseless theories.

The really ironic thing about it is when companies screw up, the government rakes them over the coals for it, yet when that very same government screws up, that's just fine.

I have always liked the Democrats better. When I was in politics, I had to publicly support the Republicans because they were the ones buttering my bread, but I still voted Democratic. And I was sad that so many Democrats were voted out last November.

But not any more. Now that I am experiencing, first hand, the out of control liberalism of Obama and his cronies, I am getting really sick of it and wish that even more Democrats were sent to the unemployment office.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.