Gary and Alla

RUB Jokes

139 posts in this topic

Top shot has a season two?!? My day is now better. Thank you.

They're also having a season three. Casting closed Feb. 01. so they've already decided who's going to be on the show. I'm not sure when it's going to air but it's definitely already in the works.

I think they have a major market for this show well into the future. They averaged something like 2 million viewers per episode last season and this season is looking even better. Provided they don't get all "survivor" and make it about drama instead of challenges, they should have success for quite a while. History is pretty good at keeping things in perspective so it should remain about the shooting.

If you liked Top Shot, check out that Sons of Guns on Discovery. It's a really cool show. I think they said it had over 2 million viewers last week as well. Probably the same dudes watching Top Shot!

In Texas the Thompson was marketed for cowboys/ranchers to kill coyotes and other "varmints" including two legged cttle thieves. :lol: The Colt "Monitor" which was a civilian version of the BAR was marketed for the same purpose.

Imagine active marketing campaigns doing that today.

They could probably get away with it in Texas, but everywhere else, not so much.

One would also imagine that the crime rate would have been much higher when anyone could have machine guns delivered to their door..but NO. Other than a few highly publicized incidents the crime rate wasn't really very high and pretty safe unless you were competeing for alcohol distribution.

The St. Valentines Day Massacre and Little Bohemia were nothing compared to Virginia Tech or Columbine...you know, in the "gun free" zones.

Something is wrong with your calculator. You should trade it for one of those Australian ones.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Since we are so off topic now, I thought I'd add a little something I just got from one of my gun enthusiast friends. It's about 8 minutes long but very informative.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Since we are so off topic now, I thought I'd add a little something I just got from one of my gun enthusiast friends. It's about 8 minutes long but very informative.

I had read about this in the 1966 Gun Digest (oh did I ever just age myself!)

Lewis & Clark were used as "experiments" by many manufacturers and the expedition was paid for in part by manufacturers testing their equipment. Not exactly a "Nike" commercial, but I guess for that day, it was the form of "product placement advertising" Among those manufacturers was the Springfield Arms Co., who provided their M1803 .54 caliber muzzle loading flintlocks to the expedition. They were later adopted as the first official US military rifle and Springfield held a virtual monopoly from then until the 1960's on US military rifles. Except during the War of Yankee Agression, (when the United States needed nore rifles of any kind to defeat the superior marksmen and leadership of the Confederate States of America in their invasion) Springfield was the holder of the contract for all military rifles, virtually anyone else was a sub-contractor to them.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

welcome to the RUB forum! It often veers into just about any topic. It is the best sub-forum by far in VJ. More reason to marry FSU chicks! :lol:

Yeah, thanks Gary. I notice you guys drift a little on the RUB forum, which is kinda cool :star: Anyone heard of a bar called Eric's in Kiev? My flat is supposed to be right next to it.

Since someone said guns.... I just got a killer deal on a mini-14 with folding stock and scope. :) I never cared much for .223 but the deal was too hard to pass on.

~Johnny~

I just got a killer deal on a mini-14 with folding stock and scope. :) I never cared much for .223 but the deal was too hard to pass on.

I had a very similar rig a few years back. Loved it! Great utility rifle and fits nicely in tight spaces. Add a sling and you're good to go just about anywhere.

Never cared for the .223? What are you, a communist?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Yeah, thanks Gary. I notice you guys drift a little on the RUB forum, which is kinda cool :star: Anyone heard of a bar called Eric's in Kiev? My flat is supposed to be right next to it.

Since someone said guns.... I just got a killer deal on a mini-14 with folding stock and scope. :) I never cared much for .223 but the deal was too hard to pass on.

Ruger makes good products and the Mini 14 is a particularly good pne.

I was never a fan of the .223 either. I think it is used for deer hunting way too much and it is not a fully adequate deer cartridge. I say this having killed 3 deer with a .22 hornet (legal in Texas) and knowing that the .223 is more powerful. It is fine for smaller game.

The .223 is a better target cartridge than I imagined, especially with heavier bullets. Some guys use the 80 gr. bullet and single load their AR15s in Service Rifle and use lighter bullets for the rapid fire portion. I do not. I use a 69gr. for all stages and feel better with that. Just me. It is an adequate and accurate target cartridge. Harder to spot the holes at longer ranges though. :P

I think also the AR15/M16/M4 has developed into a better battle rifle than I ever imagined in its early years and it has now claimed the title of "longest in use military rifle" so it has earned its stripes. I still think it would be better in something like the 6x47mm shooting a 90-100 gr. bullet.

Yeah we wander around a lot of fun places in the RUB forum. Marry an FSU chick. You don't see FSU/American husbands over in the "crash and burn" forum. MCat doesn't count. He is a fiction writer. :lol:

Gary And Alla

I was never a fan of the .223 either.

Another commie!

I think it is used for deer hunting way too much and it is not a fully adequate deer cartridge. I say this having killed 3 deer with a .22 hornet (legal in Texas) and knowing that the .223 is more powerful. It is fine for smaller game.

Around here we don't shoot deer with anything but a 12ga. slug!

The .223 is a better target cartridge than I imagined, especially with heavier bullets. Some guys use the 80 gr. bullet and single load their AR15s in Service Rifle and use lighter bullets for the rapid fire portion. I do not. I use a 69gr. for all stages and feel better with that. Just me. It is an adequate and accurate target cartridge. Harder to spot the holes at longer ranges though. :P

I use cheap Silver Bear 62gr. in my Colt and have no problems making hits at 500. Hits = "minute of man" on a steel target. Can't see the holes in paper, but you sure can hear the PING! when you connect! My buddy has one he spray paints white so it "reacts" when hit. Easy to see hits out at that distance, even with the .223.

The coolest thing in the world (other than spending a few days in the FSU for the first time) is watching the bullet wash as it heads out to target. I love spotting/correcting almost as much as I love shooting. Working as a shooter/spotter is probably the most intimate you can get with a man and still be straight. Add a security man in there and then it's a real party!

I haven't shot Service Rifle or any other competitions and frankly, I could care less if I'm sub-moa or 4 MOA, provided I'm making hits on target. I stay out of all the "Well, I use 77gr. with my 1:8 twist, 24 inch free-floated fluted stainless barrel because it's better than the 1:7 with 62gr." arguments because nine times out of ten the guys making the arguments can't shoot without their bench. And don't even get me started on the 3-gun guys! The Service Rifle guys are probably my favorite because at least you guys are AR purists and don't church up your rifles or shoot off sleds, and you actually shoot in a field position.

I don't claim to be a firearms expert (I am an enthusiast, for sure!) but I do know the guy who can sit on the ground, through a rainstorm, and make hits at 500 yards knows a lot more about shooting than the dude with the chronograph set up in front of his bench.

I think also the AR15/M16/M4 has developed into a better battle rifle than I ever imagined in its early years and it has now claimed the title of "longest in use military rifle" so it has earned its stripes. I still think it would be better in something like the 6x47mm shooting a 90-100 gr. bullet.

The beauty of the AR is it's developed into the most accurate, user-friendly out of the box rifle money can buy. It's a precision shooter for dummies and can typically outshoot most of it's operators. Even an "el cheapo" straight off the shelf 16" 1:9 with 55gr. ammo is going to shoot 2 MOA or better with an inexperienced shooter running the controls.

Try that with your AK or a heavier round with more recoil!

I'm not a big fan of ARs in other calibers. To me, the AR is 5.56. ONLY! (Unless you put a .50cal upper on your lower!)

Yeah we wander around a lot of fun places in the RUB forum. Marry an FSU chick. You don't see FSU/American husbands over in the "crash and burn" forum. MCat doesn't count. He is a fiction writer. :lol:

There are other forums?

Русский форум член.

Timeline

Another commie!

Around here we don't shoot deer with anything but a 12ga. slug!

I use cheap Silver Bear 62gr. in my Colt and have no problems making hits at 500. Hits = "minute of man" on a steel target. Can't see the holes in paper, but you sure can hear the PING! when you connect! My buddy has one he spray paints white so it "reacts" when hit. Easy to see hits out at that distance, even with the .223.

The coolest thing in the world (other than spending a few days in the FSU for the first time) is watching the bullet wash as it heads out to target. I love spotting/correcting almost as much as I love shooting. Working as a shooter/spotter is probably the most intimate you can get with a man and still be straight. Add a security man in there and then it's a real party!

I haven't shot Service Rifle or any other competitions and frankly, I could care less if I'm sub-moa or 4 MOA, provided I'm making hits on target. I stay out of all the "Well, I use 77gr. with my 1:8 twist, 24 inch free-floated fluted stainless barrel because it's better than the 1:7 with 62gr." arguments because nine times out of ten the guys making the arguments can't shoot without their bench. And don't even get me started on the 3-gun guys! The Service Rifle guys are probably my favorite because at least you guys are AR purists and don't church up your rifles or shoot off sleds, and you actually shoot in a field position.

I don't claim to be a firearms expert (I am an enthusiast, for sure!) but I do know the guy who can sit on the ground, through a rainstorm, and make hits at 500 yards knows a lot more about shooting than the dude with the chronograph set up in front of his bench.

The beauty of the AR is it's developed into the most accurate, user-friendly out of the box rifle money can buy. It's a precision shooter for dummies and can typically outshoot most of it's operators. Even an "el cheapo" straight off the shelf 16" 1:9 with 55gr. ammo is going to shoot 2 MOA or better with an inexperienced shooter running the controls.

Try that with your AK or a heavier round with more recoil!

I'm not a big fan of ARs in other calibers. To me, the AR is 5.56. ONLY! (Unless you put a .50cal upper on your lower!)

There are other forums?

Never did well at multi-posting.

Texas allows the use of "any centerifre" anything during the gun season. Rifle, pistol or shotgun. Also they allowed us 5 deer each season (including a mule deer which we had in my neck of the brush) So the opportunity was there to shoot deer with just about anything. The 3 I killed with a .22 hornet were "targets of opportunity" and were all close range head shots.

I preferred, when really deer hunting, .30 or better. You can shoot a north bound deer in the south end with a .30-06 and it goes all the way through. Even at 100 yds +.

The AR, out of the box, is a superior target rifle to just about anything else. It is the easiest rifle by far to customize. I LOVE my M1 and M1A, but they were way expensive compared to the AR, no doubt. I have more in the barrels of those rifles than the AR.

I started Service Rifle shooting in High School. That was before guns in schools were dangerous and the school got them for us from the DCM and issued us assault rifles which we carried to school on the bus. Who knew it was dangerous? I liked it because you got to "stand on your hind legs and shoot like a man" but it became an equipment race like all the other shooting sports. At least to a point. Skeet is still pretty pure, at least in the sense that a $10,000 gun doesn;t buy targets if you have a 2-bit aim. I still use M12 and M42 Winchesters pump guns but I admit to being a bit of an odd duck in that regard. If I am not the last NSSA shooter still using pump guns, I probably will be before I die, I have no intent to change.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

There are other forums?

There is one where all the men come and complain that they shoulda married an FSU chick. :lol:

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Marry an FSU chick. You don't see FSU/American husbands over in the "crash and burn" forum. MCat doesn't count. He is a fiction writer. :lol:

Interesting you mention that. I got a PM from someone on this forum, lets call him Mdog, giving me advice about not going to Kiev because the girls there are no good and only want your money. However, he didn't mention anything about not going to a strip club to find your mate... :whistle:

I took that Mini14 out shooting over the weekend. What a kick in the #### fun rifle to shoot! Super accurate. Few 30 round mags and I feel like Rambo... I hate it when a friend is low on money but it was me or the pawn shop. Now he's asking me if I'm interested in his Glock... :unsure: Got the mini for $300 may offer him few hundred for the Glock....

Edited by ~Johnny~

~Johnny~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Interesting you mention that. I got a PM from someone on this forum, lets call him Mdog, giving me advice about not going to Kiev because the girls there are no good and only want your money. However, he didn't mention anything about not going to a strip club to find your mate... :whistle:

I took that Mini14 out shooting over the weekend. What a kick in the #### fun rifle to shoot! Super accurate. Few 30 round mags and I feel like Rambo... I hate it when a friend is low on money but it was me or the pawn shop. Now he's asking me if I'm interested in his Glock... :unsure: Got the mini for $300 may offer him few hundred for the Glock....

sounds like a mutually beneficial friendship :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

I think Mdog is strictly fiction but has something against FSU women. He creates these stories and tries to warn people off the good stuff. It has to be fiction, no one can be THAT stupid.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

So now I am watching "Sons of Guns" and they are building a bazooka! :D

I would lose the girl on the show. Seems like she just wants to spoil the fun. Maybe she could be a stripper or something more useful.

Gary And Alla

I preferred, when really deer hunting, .30 or better. You can shoot a north bound deer in the south end with a .30-06 and it goes all the way through. Even at 100 yds +.

I've long argued there needs to be a better battle rifle than the M-1 because it needs a higher capacity, box magazines, etc. Without fail, the answer I get is, "When you have .30-06, you only need 8 rounds at a time."

I read a story about a guy in WWII who was separated from his unit. He had his M-1 and 88 rounds. He said, "by the third day, I was low on ammunition."

I respect the M-1, M-14, etc. But, when that rainy day comes, I'll be bugging out with my AR.

The AR, out of the box, is a superior target rifle to just about anything else. It is the easiest rifle by far to customize. I LOVE my M1 and M1A, but they were way expensive compared to the AR, no doubt. I have more in the barrels of those rifles than the AR.

It's like Barbie for guys.

I started Service Rifle shooting in High School. That was before guns in schools were dangerous and the school got them for us from the DCM and issued us assault rifles which we carried to school on the bus. Who knew it was dangerous? I liked it because you got to "stand on your hind legs and shoot like a man" but it became an equipment race like all the other shooting sports. At least to a point. Skeet is still pretty pure, at least in the sense that a $10,000 gun doesn;t buy targets if you have a 2-bit aim. I still use M12 and M42 Winchesters pump guns but I admit to being a bit of an odd duck in that regard. If I am not the last NSSA shooter still using pump guns, I probably will be before I die, I have no intent to change.

I stick with my 870 whenever I'm out in the field. I love that thing. I'll probably never carry another shotgun out in the woods.

That's a great deal on that mini! Sounds like you're set up to get a great deal on that Glock too.

Now... since it's a buddy, does he have the option to buy it back once he's ahead again?

sounds like a mutually beneficial friendship :thumbs:

I think Mdog is strictly fiction but has something against FSU women. He creates these stories and tries to warn people off the good stuff. It has to be fiction, no one can be THAT stupid.

So now I am watching "Sons of Guns" and they are building a bazooka! :D

I would lose the girl on the show. Seems like she just wants to spoil the fun. Maybe she could be a stripper or something more useful.

I like seeing that side of the business. It's cool to make the guns, shoot them, etc., but most of us don't see the intricacies or monetary side of the business.

Plus, she's not too hard on the eyes.

Edited by slim

Русский форум член.

Timeline

That's a great deal on that mini! Sounds like you're set up to get a great deal on that Glock too.

Now... since it's a buddy, does he have the option to buy it back once he's ahead again?

I told him all sales are final. He said he understands and that's life but he needs the money. And the pawn shops would just rip him off anyway and it's either sell to me or the pawn shop. I offered him $250 for the Glock. It's 10mm.... I already have a few handguns but I know the Glock is good stuff. I keep thinking of that movie, US Marshalls where Tommy Lee Jones tells Robert Downey to get rid of that sissy gun and get a Glock. :)

As far a hunting big game, I'm stuck on on my .30-06.... I used it in Alaska for 17 years and never had one issue with it. It will take down a 1,000 moose first shot. And you feel safe with it in bear country. I don't know yet if the .223 would make me feel safe with 9' brown bear on my butt. May piss off the bear :wow:

~Johnny~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.