Gary and Alla

RUB Jokes

139 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

we are headed out to Best Buy tonight to take the plunge! Alla was there before her classes today and says she found some good deals on the TV, a Home Theatre system, DVD player and a "piece of furniture" for all of it. We will see.

Then I have to call DirecTV.

I hope DirecTV is better than Dish Network. At our vacation home a few hours away in the FL Keys, I went with Dish Network to get more content for less money than cable. More damn ####### that is not worth watching. Sure enough the first night we had the dish we had a typical summer FL rainstorm and lost the signal for two hours. Not sure I made the right choice. The only plus is I now get Speed channel.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Too early to switch to guns and pie?

It's never too early to switch to guns and pie!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

well we did it! Bought an LG 47" TV, a Blue Ray DVD player and Home theatre sound system and a stand for all of it. I was up late last night setting it up. Awesome picture and sound (with DVDs) I called DirecTV today for service. We will get a DVR which is connected to the internet so we can use the DirecTV cinema feature (similar to NetFlix)

We get all the movie channels for 3 months and we will choose after that what we want to keep. I haven't had real TV for almost 10 years. I turned it off when I went to Ukraine and never hooked it up when I returned. I had TV in Ukraine but rarely watched it.

I don't miss it much, but we do like movies and I will probably DVR "Mythbusters" and "Top Shot"

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Congrats!

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

Timeline

Congrats!

Oh, and I don't know all too much about this stuff, but it is an LCD TV 1080p. we looked at all of them and this model seemed to have the best picture. I was not so impressed with the plasma TV and the Samsungs, while the ones I had seen before were impressive, when we saw them right next to the LG they seemed "dull". The colors in the LG were just noticeably brighter.

The plce we bought it was called "Electronic Superstore" and had the best prices we found. They had a "home Theatre Room" set up that let you try, literally, dozens of speakers and sound systems and sit on a sofa in the middle and try them out. The sound system we bought, certainly not the most expensive by any means (Sony) sounded as good as any whch cost much more. Alla is always concerned that the voices be clear, not that the sound is "loud" but that it is "clear"

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Yeah, they don't typically know how to set up a plasma for some reason at the stores. Any how, good deal on your purchase. :)

I'm not so much into surround sound right now as I'm in an apartment since selling my last house. But you can bet that it will be on the top of the list come new home time. ;) That and a bigger screen... Anna wouldn't let me get the 65" and put it in front of the fireplace here... Why do fireplaces always have to be in the perfect TV spot??

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey ummm what happened to the RUB jokes? I was rolling :rofl: for a while with jokes and vids and then something happened and it's Blu Ray, LED TVs and Sat TV...

I mean that dude with the manhole cover, I wouldn't believed it if I didn't see...:lol:

~Johnny~

Timeline

Hey ummm what happened to the RUB jokes? I was rolling :rofl: for a while with jokes and vids and then something happened and it's Blu Ray, LED TVs and Sat TV...

I mean that dude with the manhole cover, I wouldn't believed it if I didn't see...:lol:

welcome to the RUB forum! It often veers into just about any topic. It is the best sub-forum by far in VJ. More reason to marry FSU chicks! :lol:

I have an excellent and very funny Russian "short story" (don't know what else to call it) and when I get the chance I will post it here. Classic!

Gary And Alla

I will probably DVR "Mythbusters" and "Top Shot"

Those two are on my DVR. May I also suggest "Sons of Guns" (Wed. 9:00 and 9:30 on Discovery) and "Justified" (Tues. 10:00 on FX) just for a little shooters relief.

For fun, DVR "Wipeout" (Thurs. 8:00 ABC) to see what it's like when Americans play Japanese-style game shows... and get messed up!

when we saw them right next to the LG they seemed "dull". The colors in the LG were just noticeably brighter.

They don't adjust them right at the stores. I actually had to mess with several different models for the better part of a few hours until I found the right one. Regardless of which one you get, it'll look better than no TV at all!

There are a lot of funny things like that in FSU. They may not all be on video, but they definitely exist.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Those two are on my DVR. May I also suggest "Sons of Guns" (Wed. 9:00 and 9:30 on Discovery) and "Justified" (Tues. 10:00 on FX) just for a little shooters relief.

For fun, DVR "Wipeout" (Thurs. 8:00 ABC) to see what it's like when Americans play Japanese-style game shows... and get messed up!

They don't adjust them right at the stores. I actually had to mess with several different models for the better part of a few hours until I found the right one. Regardless of which one you get, it'll look better than no TV at all!

There are a lot of funny things like that in FSU. They may not all be on video, but they definitely exist.

Got DirecTV today! I am watching TopShot right now. :yes: I do not plan to watch a lot of TV but Alla says we will watch a movie later...she picked up "W" at the college library. Should be interesting. She says "the box says he was one of the most controversial Presidents, is that true" I said "I guess you could say that" She says "I just thought he was stupid and didn't speak English well" :o

The FSU is such an incredibly interesting place. I have only been able to sum it up by saying that it has a lot of "texture" :lol:

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Awesome! They are having a shoot off with the Thompson M1928 SMG! I favorite gun of all time! I had one for a few years and sold it for a big profit. I still regret it, but it was a deal I couldn't refuse.

I love that gun, but it is difficult to shoot well and as small as it "looks" is has a long length of pull and is very heavy, especially with the drum (I had 20, 30 and 50 shot drum mags)

The most fun with it was shoting stuff in a stock pond at the family ranch. Even if you didn't hit anything it was fun to watch all the splashing!

Gary And Alla

Awesome! They are having a shoot off with the Thompson M1928 SMG! I favorite gun of all time! I had one for a few years and sold it for a big profit. I still regret it, but it was a deal I couldn't refuse.

I love that gun, but it is difficult to shoot well and as small as it "looks" is has a long length of pull and is very heavy, especially with the drum (I had 20, 30 and 50 shot drum mags)

The most fun with it was shoting stuff in a stock pond at the family ranch. Even if you didn't hit anything it was fun to watch all the splashing!

The dude from that shoot off (Jamie) is one of our Appleseed instructors. He's new to the project but said in one of his posts over on our forum his Appleseed instruction helped him get selected for the show. He said it even helped him with the rapid fire because the cadence used was similar to what we instruct.

It was obvious the Tommy was too big for Athena. From the very start she was at a disadvantage but she still did pretty well. A gun that heavy is made for big ol' tough guys with a little mechanical know-how. Back in those days, guns like the BAR and Tommy could be mail-ordered. Imagine that! $125 and a Tommy gun shows up at your door. SWEET!

Русский форум член.

Timeline

The dude from that shoot off (Jamie) is one of our Appleseed instructors. He's new to the project but said in one of his posts over on our forum his Appleseed instruction helped him get selected for the show. He said it even helped him with the rapid fire because the cadence used was similar to what we instruct.

It was obvious the Tommy was too big for Athena. From the very start she was at a disadvantage but she still did pretty well. A gun that heavy is made for big ol' tough guys with a little mechanical know-how. Back in those days, guns like the BAR and Tommy could be mail-ordered. Imagine that! $125 and a Tommy gun shows up at your door. SWEET!

In Texas the Thompson was marketed for cowboys/ranchers to kill coyotes and other "varmints" including two legged cttle thieves. :lol: The Colt "Monitor" which was a civilian version of the BAR was marketed for the same purpose.

The Tommy gun I had was the M1928 but originally had the horizontal forearm which I kept, but I also bought a verticle finger grip type to go with it. It looked more "gangster" that way! :P It was made by Savage Arms, who contracted with Auto-Ordnance to make them

My Dad was a drill sergeant/firearms instructor after serving his combat duty in WW2 and they trained with the Tommy Gun, along with the M3, until he retired in 1954. They were still in use at the beginning of the Viet Nam war. He could shoot the thing better than anyone else, but it is difficult to shoot well, just tons of fun though.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

One would also imagine that the crime rate would have been much higher when anyone could have machine guns delivered to their door..but NO. Other than a few highly publicized incidents the crime rate wasn't really very high and pretty safe unless you were competeing for alcohol distribution.

The St. Valentines Day Massacre and Little Bohemia were nothing compared to Virginia Tech or Columbine...you know, in the "gun free" zones.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.