Gary and Alla

RUB Jokes

139 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Not a bad idea!

Although, if it makes grown men suck on other grown mens' fingers... I can't really support it.

Vooooooooowhat?????!!!!!!!!!! Suck on fingers??????????!!!!!!!!!! Is this what I am missing by not having TV?

There are, but none are from FSU.

:lol:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

In the US he could sue someone for that!

"Someone needs to weld those things shut so people can't just pick them up and then fall in them. That was totally not my fault, I mean, they left it all unlocked and stuff and I couldn't help but fall in the hole after I picked it up. It was their fault. They should've stopped me from doing it. How can they expect people to not do stupid things like that?"

Vooooooooowhat?????!!!!!!!!!! Suck on fingers??????????!!!!!!!!!! Is this what I am missing by not having TV?

Yep. One of the commercials before the reincarnation commercial was a dude asking his co-worker (after the co-worker had just tipped up the empty bag of Doritos to get all the crumbs out) if he was "going to finish that?" The co-worker kind of gave him a funny look (like, "dude, you just saw me scarf down the crumbs, didn't you?") and before he could reply, the dude deep throats his co-workers finger.

Totally ** and totally weird all at the same time. But, funny all the same.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

"Someone needs to weld those things shut so people can't just pick them up and then fall in them. That was totally not my fault, I mean, they left it all unlocked and stuff and I couldn't help but fall in the hole after I picked it up. It was their fault. They should've stopped me from doing it. How can they expect people to not do stupid things like that?"

Yep. One of the commercials before the reincarnation commercial was a dude asking his co-worker (after the co-worker had just tipped up the empty bag of Doritos to get all the crumbs out) if he was "going to finish that?" The co-worker kind of gave him a funny look (like, "dude, you just saw me scarf down the crumbs, didn't you?") and before he could reply, the dude deep throats his co-workers finger.

Holy #######! I haven't had TV for about 10 years, maybe more. When I had surgery, I thought "Cool, I can watch TV!" (hey, if they are cutting your sternum and taking your heart out for an overhaul, small things please you) but after a couple hours I remembered why I stopped watching TV

(Actually I have a TV and a DVD player, but do not subscribe to any TV service, we just watch DVDs)

So Alla wants one of those really HUGE HDTVs (like the kind they invented in the Soviet Union 30 years ago when she was a girl and that we finally have here) because she HATES TV but loves to watch movies, and I am supposed to fix up a room in the basement (so much for the man cave) with some really whopper speakers and we will watch movies.

Doritos are NOT that good.

Gary And Alla

because she HATES TV but loves to watch movies, and I am supposed to fix up a room in the basement (so much for the man cave) with some really whopper speakers and we will watch movies.

We have the "kinoteatre" set up here. My wife loves watching movies on the big screen and so do I. With cable's new "movies on demand" and DVR features, watching TV is not what it used to be.

HD is the way to go. You also need an upconverting DVD player in order to really get the full effect. - And don't forget the surround sound!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

We have the "kinoteatre" set up here. My wife loves watching movies on the big screen and so do I. With cable's new "movies on demand" and DVR features, watching TV is not what it used to be.

HD is the way to go. You also need an upconverting DVD player in order to really get the full effect. - And don't forget the surround sound!

Alla wants to "jump eeen eet" and get DirecTV with on demand cinema and all the movie channels (like they had in Ukraine :lol: ) Some of this is definitely NOT cultural. So she can watch any kind of movie she wants anytime she has the chance. She is pretty loaded up with school work so when she can watch a movie is never a given thing, and then sometimes she doesn't have a DVD to watch when she can. Quite a stressful part of life. :lol:

I don't know much about that stuff, but my sons say they will help. :D

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Alla wants to "jump eeen eet" and get DirecTV with on demand cinema and all the movie channels (like they had in Ukraine :lol: ) Some of this is definitely NOT cultural. So she can watch any kind of movie she wants anytime she has the chance. She is pretty loaded up with school work so when she can watch a movie is never a given thing, and then sometimes she doesn't have a DVD to watch when she can. Quite a stressful part of life. :lol:

I don't know much about that stuff, but my sons say they will help. :D

Netflix streaming is a really beautiful thing that I discovered a couple months ago. It's $8 a month for as many movies as you can watch. They don't have everything available streaming (only certain studios, as far as I can tell) but there is a pretty good selection and a very good selection of old TV episodes. For $2 more a month you can get one DVD at a time straight to your door which covers whatever movies I want to see but aren't available streaming. And you can try it free for a month and cancelling after that month is refreshingly easy.

Timeline

I'll second going with Netflix. I've been a "streaming" subscriber since just about it's begining. I personally don't rent their DVD's because when I want to watch a movie, I want to watch it now. Just a side note that you'll need to have a decent broadband internet connection to stream movies on an HD TV. You can get by with a not so decent connection, but you'll get a degraded movie stream that won't look so good on a big ol TV.

I finally took the HDTV plunge a few months ago and wondered why I hadn't done so sooner. I can come home and 'couch-potato up' like never before! :P A lot of the newer HDTV's and Blu-Ray players have built in ethernet so you can hook up your internet connection to them. Most have built in movie applications as well and if you're a subscriber to that movie service (i.e. Netflix) you can just search for a movie and go.

Personal opinion, Plasma over LCD/LED LCD.

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

Timeline

I'll second going with Netflix. I've been a "streaming" subscriber since just about it's begining. I personally don't rent their DVD's because when I want to watch a movie, I want to watch it now. Just a side note that you'll need to have a decent broadband internet connection to stream movies on an HD TV. You can get by with a not so decent connection, but you'll get a degraded movie stream that won't look so good on a big ol TV.

I finally took the HDTV plunge a few months ago and wondered why I hadn't done so sooner. I can come home and 'couch-potato up' like never before! :P A lot of the newer HDTV's and Blu-Ray players have built in ethernet so you can hook up your internet connection to them. Most have built in movie applications as well and if you're a subscriber to that movie service (i.e. Netflix) you can just search for a movie and go.

The bandwidth issue depends on your screen size. We watch movies on a laptop (don't have a TV) and have a DSL connection that I think is only 1 Mbps. Netflix simply measures my bandwidth every time I start a movie and compresses the movie appropriately. I imagine the quality is degraded but on the laptop screen it's indistinguishable from what I get when I put a DVD in. We're considering getting a big screen TV and may have to revisit the bandwidth issue at such time.

Timeline

We have cable internet so that should not be a problem. we watch some shows and movies on Hulu (free but limited selection) and Alla is the same, when she wants a movie she wants it right now and there is no planning ahead. If she finishes her homework before 10pm we will probably be watching a movie. She wants a big selection of movies to choose from. we were leaning toward DirecTV with all the movie channels and DirecTV cinema (similar to Netflix) but nothing is certain yet.

Of the TVs we looked at, I am most impressed with Samsung or LG for picture quality, but I am no expert, to be sure.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

We got a 37" 1080p LCD LG HDTV last summer and we are pretty happy with the picture quality.. our next TV will be LED though.. the picture quality is way better...

if your laptop/computer has HMDI port you can hook it up to the TV too.. that is what we do.. it is cool to watch Hulu on the big screen :thumbs:

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

We got a 37" 1080p LCD LG HDTV last summer and we are pretty happy with the picture quality.. our next TV will be LED though.. the picture quality is way better...

if your laptop/computer has HMDI port you can hook it up to the TV too.. that is what we do.. it is cool to watch Hulu on the big screen :thumbs:

I have several TVs. Got them all, LCD, LED LCD, DPL,.... They all look the same to these old eyes, and a good bit better than that 13" black and white I had a while back.

Sure didn't notice any difference between the LCD and the LED LCD.

Edited by Neonred

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Timeline

I have several TVs. Got them all, LCD, LED LCD, DPL,.... They all look the same to these old eyes, and a good bit better than that 13" black and white I had a while back.

THX! IMHO, FWIW.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

well, I noticed a difference when I saw the LED TV in the store.. the image is way more clear...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Alla wants to "jump eeen eet" and get DirecTV with on demand cinema and all the movie channels

It's really not too pricey - especially when you compare it to a trip to the theater. Most new on-demand movies are around $5 and when you have HBO, Cinemax, Stars, etc., they're free.

Netflix streaming is a really beautiful thing that I discovered a couple months ago. It's $8 a month

That sounds pretty cool. I don't have that because with the movies on demand I already have (incl. free movies on HBO, etc.) I hardly ever run out of new movies to watch.

I really don't watch too many movies anymore, but I probably watch 5-10 per month.

I finally took the HDTV plunge a few months ago and wondered why I hadn't done so sooner.

I did the same thing. "Man, why didn't I do this sooner?"

well, I noticed a difference when I saw the LED TV in the store.. the image is way more clear...

Side by side at the store there are some AWESOME TVs. If you have the money, you can get something spectacular. As neon's already pointed out though, at home, it's hard to tell the difference. And if you're jumping from "regular" to HD, you're eyes will be so overwhelmed anyway, it doesn't really matter.

I have a "cheap" Samsung 1080 with digital cable and a Bose 1-2-3 system. Spectacular enough for us!

Русский форум член.

Timeline

We watch a ton of movies. We've got a TIVO connected to a 55" LED TV.

The TIVO is really cool because it can record 2 programs while you're watching something else...the only problem is we can easily fill it up (2 TB) in about a month...it's usually recording on both tuners about 80% of the time. We've got about 30 TB of storage on our home network that we can transfer to/from the TIVO. Mof the time, we just download torrents onto one of the servers and then stream it over to the TIVO...it'll transcode it on the fly at the same time it's downloading, so you don't have to wait. The TIVO also has Netflix streaming, Amazon, YouTube, etc. built in so it's pretty convenient for watching just about anything. My wife is also a fanatic about Russian/Ukrainian music videos so we use a program to batch download all the stuff she's interested in from YouTube so she's got access to those as well.

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.